MO BAMBA to Philly (pg 37)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Good trade.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:10 pm    Post subject:

So they get 3 SRPs for Bryant but only give up one for Mo? I guess it's not just Danny Ainge that Rob has compromising photos of.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
PatBev getting a buyout likely... where he going?

The Suns.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:23 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
PatBev getting a buyout likely... where he going?

The Suns.

good fit. I hope him and Brick end up with the Clippers.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:28 pm    Post subject:

BAMBA MENTALITY
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Amazing signing! Rob hooked us up with the two most important pieces we needed (defensive forward in Vandy and a defensive center in Bamba) while also snagging a few other quality players in the process. I'm a happy Laker fan!

leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:
https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/29245511

GIANNIS VS MO TONIGHT!!!

he's on suspension

OK, so this is my plan. Mo still needs to serve two more games on suspension, right? Well the Magic plays tonight, so that's one. The next time they play is at 4PM on Saturday and we play at 5:30.

The second Magic game will end a bit after 6:30 or so.... suspension ends. Have him physically with the Lakers at that time and complete the transaction immediately so that Bamba is ready to hit the court for us after half time.

It's an idea so crazy, it just might work (unless rosters are due pre game, then never mind).
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Is Bamba for Bryant an upgrade overall? Or is this just something they had to do because Bryant was unhappy with his role?

The Lakers didn't really have a problem with scoring except in crunch time to close out games which Bryant or Bamba wouldn't have helped with that tho both are decent 3pt shooters. One of the main problems the team has is defensively so Bamba is an upgrade over Bryant there but Bryant/Bev may have been better defensively than just Mo alone so it's hard to tell for this season.

As for next season,, maybe Bev resigns for the vet min and Bryant would have taken the tpMLE but Bamba is signed for next year so perhaps that was the plan. It can be evaluated as a lateral but moving out Ham's obsession with a Schroeder/Bev starting backcourt may mean it's an upgrade lol!

Also the Lakers netted 2 2nd round picks so there's that. I actually would have preferred to keep TBryant and give him more playing time, sign Cousins unless he is a corpse then trade Walker for PJWashington or JMcDaniels from Charlotte. That would give the team a better threat at SF and keep some defense in the backcourt while maintaining 3 player depth with Bev at PG...but that's just being picky. Overall Rob did a great job for this year and next.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:05 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1623785901938864128/photo/1
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Is Bamba for Bryant an upgrade overall? Or is this just something they had to do because Bryant was unhappy with his role?

The Lakers didn't really have a problem with scoring except in crunch time to close out games which Bryant or Bamba wouldn't have helped with that tho both are decent 3pt shooters. One of the main problems the team has is defensively so Bamba is an upgrade over Bryant there but Bryant/Bev may have been better defensively than just Mo alone so it's hard to tell for this season.

As for next season,, maybe Bev resigns for the vet min and Bryant would have taken the tpMLE but Bamba is signed for next year so perhaps that was the plan. It can be evaluated as a lateral but moving out Ham's obsession with a Schroeder/Bev starting backcourt may mean it's an upgrade lol!

Also the Lakers netted 2 2nd round picks so there's that. I actually would have preferred to keep TBryant and give him more playing time, sign Cousins unless he is a corpse then trade Walker for PJWashington or JMcDaniels from Charlotte. That would give the team a better threat at SF and keep some defense in the backcourt while maintaining 3 player depth with Bev at PG...but that's just being picky. Overall Rob did a great job for this year and next.

Yeah, I got a small disagreement there one of the big problems for this team is they would go through scoring droughts that I am hoping bringing in the shooters that we got in the trades

One thing that we do know for sure Thomas Bryant well, he scores points is an absolute sieve on defense and whenever you want to see Wenyen Gabriel against legitimate Biggs because Bryant is getting pushed around like a little boy. You know that a change was an order. Bamba is a legitimate big. Who can bang with other Bigs
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Is LG overrating this guy? I know that his name has come up a lot here. To be honest, I've never watched him play much. Orlando fans says he is low motor, has motivation issue, overall sucks. TBryant was great for us, even if it was one sided, kept us afloat when AD was down. With AD's constant injury concern, it would nice keeping him.

But can't complain what they got for him. Just think LG maybe is overhyping this guy, we will have to see if he can change his attitude and motor issues with his squad.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:22 pm    Post subject:

If Ham could get a Russ to play off the bench…hopefully he can convince Mo to give more consistent effort
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:22 pm    Post subject:

It's so odd not getting a center from the Magic who isn't a top 10 player in the league. But I like the deal. Can't wait to see him develop next to AD.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Flight#24 wrote:
Is LG overrating this guy? I know that his name has come up a lot here. To be honest, I've never watched him play much. Orlando fans says he is low motor, has motivation issue, overall sucks. TBryant was great for us, even if it was one sided, kept us afloat when AD was down. With AD's constant injury concern, it would nice keeping him.

But can't complain what they got for him. Just think LG maybe is overhyping this guy, we will have to see if he can change his attitude and motor issues with his squad.

He's a mediocre ish big that's above average defensively and decent offensively but can hit 3's at a solid rate and help spread the floor.. If AD gets his head right again I can see Bamba looking better then ever playing next to him but we'll see how that plays out.

It's a clear as day upgrade imo though if the goal is to try and be a better Playoff team as Thomas Bryant would be nearly unplayable against any decently coached team and hopefully with the other additions we can kill a lot of the consistent dry spells this team has been having all Season.

As usual some are probably expecting a bit too much from Bamba but he's pretty much the exact Center I was hoping for as a realistic option.

All the moves Rob made filled clear holes we had while giving us a bit more depth.. We're still not a Contender at this point but at least we have a fighters chance to be a legitimate Playoff team if things playout right for us.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:04 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1623834242114535424?t=0Z6xN6LYayPhxyw7QPhlBg&s=19
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Flight#24 wrote:

It’s a good gamble on a 24 year old with unusual athletic gifts and shooting skills for his size.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2779614-mo-bamba-reportedly-ran-faster-than-russell-westbrook-james-harden-in-workout
genester
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:18 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Anybody know which 2nd we gave up?

Love.this.move!

Essentially it was 2 2nds and Stan for Mo (THT via 2020 2nd in buying in for 2019 draft / another 2nd w/PatB

Denver’s 2024 second-rounder (from the T. Bryant trade). I like this trade even more now knowing we didn't have to use our own 2nd rounder to get it done.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Pelinka has been after Mo for several years. This wasn’t just a deadline move to find a big to cover the roster need at the moment. Bamba has been a target.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Literally half the posts when he was drafted was he will get traded to lakers in 3 years
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Last time we traded for a project from ORL his name was Ariza, hopefully Bamba ends up panning in a similar way
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Last time we traded for a project from ORL his name was Ariza, hopefully Bamba ends up panning in a similar way

Crazy thing about Bamba... He jumps right at you on his highlights and some of his big scoring games. You can see he is oozing with potential. His per36 numbers looks really similar to a guy like Myles Turner.

But for some reason he has not panned out yet. Can barely crack it on that Magic team. Been in the league for 5 years. Lack of work ethic or motor maybe?... Judging by his latest altercation, might have some to do with immaturity also.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:58 pm    Post subject:

How many games he is missing because of the suspension?
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:03 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Crazy thing about Bamba... He jumps right at you on his highlights and some of his big scoring games. You can see he is oozing with potential. His per36 numbers looks really similar to a guy like Myles Turner.

But for some reason he has not panned out yet. Can barely crack it on that Magic team. Been in the league for 5 years. Lack of work ethic or motor maybe?... Judging by his latest altercation, might have some to do with immaturity also.

Good observation. I share the same sentiment. I'm hoping playing for the Lakers, and being around a winning culture (or, at least strives to win, lol) unlocks something in Bamba. When you play for a team that's a perennial lottery team, you develop bad habits. A change in atmosphere may do him good...if he can hold up under the spotlights.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:

2 more games, including the game with bucks
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:13 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

2 more games, including the game with bucks

Does Magic's game today counts? Which will make it just 1 more game?
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:15 pm    Post subject:

can AD be PF with Bamba? Maybe the reason AD gets injured a lot is because he is playing out of position.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 3 of 38
Jump to: