LAKERS -at- BLAZERS - 2-13-23 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:40 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Startrout wrote:
I believe we need to find a way to make the opposing team work much harder on defense as that will usually have a negative effect on the offense. This game, it felt like Portland was stopping us easily most of the game, then running down with lots of energy left to swish 3’s.
Yeah, this is the big issue with Brown in the starting lineup and coaching not using Brown in some different ways. Bron takes care of a lot of issues just by inserting him back into the mix.

I'm also assuming that Bron will come to play in those minutes lately we've had both with DLo and Dennis sitting at the same time.
Hoping that Ham is/has considered other options from Max to Rui to Vanderbilt to Walker in the future

I want to say, but can't quite recall without looking into it, is that Vogel used to aggressively trap Dame, especially with a poor defender if they tried going after that. But they'd try to force Dame to give up the ball and then make the bigs playmake or score out of short roll situations, which they weren't great at. But I also think just having AC in the mix helped a ton, as well.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:40 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Startrout wrote:
I believe we need to find a way to make the opposing team work much harder on defense as that will usually have a negative effect on the offense. This game, it felt like Portland was stopping us easily most of the game, then running down with lots of energy left to swish 3’s.
Yeah, this is the big issue with Brown in the starting lineup and coaching not using Brown in some different ways. Bron takes care of a lot of issues just by inserting him back into the mix.

I'm also assuming that Bron will come to play in those minutes lately we've had both with DLo and Dennis sitting at the same time.
Hoping that Ham is/has considered other options from Max to Rui to Vanderbilt to Walker in the future
I want to say, but can't quite recall without looking into it, is that Vogel used to aggressively trap Dame, especially with a poor defender if they tried going after that. But they'd try to force Dame to give up the ball and then make the bigs playmake or score out of short roll situations, which they weren't great at. But I also think just having AC in the mix helped a ton, as well.
With PatBev gone, Ham didn't have any defensive "bulldogs" that he trusts (maybe DS, but Ham had him on Dane)

Brown's defensive stat is 115.8 (https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/troy-brown-jr.-defensive-rating)

Austin tried

Maybe in the future, they would use Vanderbilt or Gabriel because they have length and a very high motor to stay with a very hot shooter (Dame, Curry, Kyrie, etc.)

Let's see what happens in tonight's game and every game after the ASG break

Thanks DB for your input
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:18 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
After that horrendous display on the court, Ham actually said after the game that "analytics" told him at half time that the Lakers' defensive performance was #1 in the league. He seriously said that!

I’ve never been unable to understand why but he’s probably right depending on which metrics they use. The pace in the game is high yet they allow very few free throws and opponents shoot a very low percentage on open shots from the outside. That translates to a low efficiency.

In games like the other night, it looks like they’re literally doing nothing on defense but most teams have been missing those threes against them consistently.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:27 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
joeblow wrote:
After that horrendous display on the court, Ham actually said after the game that "analytics" told him at half time that the Lakers' defensive performance was #1 in the league. He seriously said that!

I’ve never been unable to understand why but he’s probably right depending on which metrics they use. The pace in the game is high yet they allow very few free throws and opponents shoot a very low percentage on open shots from the outside. That translates to a low efficiency.

In games like the other night, it looks like they’re literally doing nothing on defense but most teams have been missing those threes against them consistently.

So, in a way, they analytically won
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: