17-6 Next 23 Games Assuming.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:37 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
No worries, if they go 3-0 next week, we will be 1 game over .500

And that's very possible. Even with Bron out these are all very winnable games Gotta win these ones
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:41 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

And that's very possible. Even with Bron out these are all very winnable games Gotta win these ones

Ok, if they don’t, we will be in for a dogfight
NOP has LAL, HOU HOU SAS coming up, but the schedule for them will be hell after that.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:44 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
drae wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Ok, if they don’t, we will be in for a dogfight
NOP has LAL, HOU HOU SAS coming up, but the schedule for them will be hell after that.

Zion is out for the year (after missing all of last year) and Ingram is day to day. Since Zion got injured I think the Pels record is something like ... 7 wins and 23 losses? So I'm not expecting them to make the play in TBH but I could be wrong
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:59 pm    Post subject:

At least they are 2 games ahead now of Blazers who own them a tie breaker. I am more wary about the blazers as they are capable of going hot and Lakers can't do anything as they don't have anymore game against them. Looks like at this rate they will be out of the play-in running
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

I will just make it 50/50 with Mavs even if it is just Kyrie who will play. This will be an easy 2-1 at least if Lakers will not play dumb.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:17 pm    Post subject:

With Portland and Utah ultimately going down. I don't see Utah surviving their remaining sched they still have 8 games vs playoffs team in their schedule and 2 more against the Lakers. And I think Lakers will hold the tie break against OKC and Pelicans. Worst case scenario I think the Lakers will have is a #10 spot next to AD going down.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Wish we would have beaten the Knicks and the Bucks had beaten the GSW…would be tied for 6th with that. Still…the Lakers are in good shape and maybe it takes an extra week but we should be tied for 6th by next Sunday.

Minny/Dal/GSW all have tough games this week as do Utah/NOP/OKC. If the Lakers beat NOP/Houston/Dal and Orlando they’ll be in good shape.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Wish we would have beaten the Knicks and the Bucks had beaten the GSW…would be tied for 6th with that. Still…the Lakers are in good shape and maybe it takes an extra week but we should be tied for 6th by next Sunday.

Minny/Dal/GSW all have tough games this week as do Utah/NOP/OKC. If the Lakers beat NOP/Houston/Dal and Orlando they’ll be in good shape.

4-0 is attainable but I will bet that their will be 1 game in that 4 games that they will play like dumbs, so 3-1
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:30 am    Post subject:

Next 2 games by Lakers:
@ Pels
@ Rockets

Next 2 games by Warriors:
vs Suns
@ Clippers

Very winnable 2 games by the Lakers
Very tough 2 games for the Warriors, they barely won against Bucks without Giannis @ home

They could end up tied after these 2 games
And Lakers have the tie breaker

Flips and Westbrook better not fvck up that game, win it for the Lakeshow, lmfao
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:34 am    Post subject:

The team is still on track for 17-6. A split between Raps/Knicks was predicted. Still, loss a winnable game vs Knicks…just sit Beasley for Reeves and sit TBjr at SF for Vande, ride Dlo’s hot streak instead of the quick hook and it’s a win blow out win. Didn’t happen tho, hope Ham is taking notes and learn. Can’t win yanking hot players too soon while at the same time having laying cold players too long as he did tonight against the Knicks pulling Dlo and riding Beasley/TBjr.

The other team was on a b2b with their best player not playing.
You got to factor in the real scenario too.

If we can’t win consistently against team we should beat.
There is really no way we can get to a good record
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:48 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
The team is still on track for 17-6. A split between Raps/Knicks was predicted. Still, loss a winnable game vs Knicks…just sit Beasley for Reeves and sit TBjr at SF for Vande, ride Dlo’s hot streak instead of the quick hook and it’s a win blow out win. Didn’t happen tho, hope Ham is taking notes and learn. Can’t win yanking hot players too soon while at the same time having laying cold players too long as he did tonight against the Knicks pulling Dlo and riding Beasley/TBjr.

B2B or not, that Knicks team is still a tough cookie especially as no one in the team can handle Randle, even Vando, it will be a different story if Lebron is in there. It's not the same with the Pels and Rockets, Vando can easily clamp BI, he might get their usual numbers but they will also miss a lot. They aren't gonna be efficient against Vando defense.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:34 am    Post subject:

I can't see all these other teams get to 41. So we need to get about 7 more wins and we're in. Looking at our schedule, it's relatively easy to get 7 more wins, IMO. The real thing here is we have a great chance to avoid having to play 2 play in games. We should get to 7th or 8th.

But we can't win every game. As easy as the schedule may appear, we will still lose some games. However I'm looking at the West, and it's wide open after Denver/Sacto/Suns/Grizzlies. None of the other teams look condident and consistent enough to hold their spot. 5-10 is wide open and anyone can get it. Shame we made the trade as late as we did.

Playoffs wise, obviously with the Morant situation, you probably want to face them or Sacto (first time in the playoffs). I don't see us beating Denver/Phx. So get to 8th or 7th, win a play in game, and face either Sacto or Memphis is the scenario I'm hoping for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:32 am    Post subject:

We will get in. What I want is the 5th or 6th seed.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:10 am    Post subject:

I'm completely fine with getting the 7th seed. One play-in home game against a middling team shouldn't be too much of a problem if Lebron is back and at 75%. The Kings would be an ideal first round draw, too. Falling anywhere below the 7th seed is cause for concern.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:29 am    Post subject:

Lakers need to get control of the tiebreakers with all the other teams in their group. Makes those OKC, Pels, Jazzx2 games all the more important.

Hopefully splitting the rest of the remaining schedule will be enough to get them into a favorable play-in spot. Something like 7th and HC. I would be thrilled to see them jump more teams. Just don’t think they pass so many to get any higher.

Even 7th is a tough ask. Winning the tie breakers mentioned above helps significantly.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:41 am    Post subject:

splitting the Raptors and the Knicks game is not the end of the world. if anything, we should take it. TBJ and Beasley have to make those open shots because that will prevent teams from trapping Dlo and double AD. 2-15 is unacceptable with the looks they got

now this week is the most important week for us.
@NOP
@HOU
vs DAL
vs ORL
i think 4-0 should be what they aim for, and anything less than 3-1 will be a huge disappointment.
i know AD may sit out back to back at Houston, but he has to man up and play for this B2B(imo) because we are not guarantied to beat the Rockets without AD especially when we have no size. Jalen Green can go off any time.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:01 pm    Post subject:

As I am looking in the remaining schedule of all west teams:

It looks like the Wolves will take the 6th spot, unless lakers will have a run. Wolves has a pretty easy remaining schedule like the Lakers. Meanwhile, the
Warriors will go down the drain. I think the Flippers will hold on to the 5th spot. Lue figured out already how to limit Westbrook, he ain't using him in the 4th in their last 2 games.

My prediction is this:
Flips #5
Wolves #6
Lakers #7
Warriors #8

I think Lakers and Warriors will duke it out again in the play-in
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:02 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
splitting the Raptors and the Knicks game is not the end of the world. if anything, we should take it. TBJ and Beasley have to make those open shots because that will prevent teams from trapping Dlo and double AD. 2-15 is unacceptable with the looks they got

@NOP
@HOU
vs DAL
vs ORL
i think 4-0 should be what they aim for, and anything less than 3-1 will be a huge disappointment.
i know AD may sit out back to back at Houston, but he has to man up and play for this B2B(imo) because we are not guarantied to beat the Rockets without AD especially when we have no size. Jalen Green can go off any time.

We actually kinda expected them to split it up with the Knicks and Raps, why guys here so upset? Lakers can't win them all guys, there will be a time that they will play like idiots, especially during a winning streak
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Golden State W
Dallas W
Memphis L
OKC W
Minnesota W L -loss…expected win
Golden State L W +win…expected loss
Memphis W
Toronto W
New York L
New Orleans W
Houston W
Dallas L (opportunity to get unpredicted win if Luka/Kyrie out)
Orlando W
Phoenix L (KD in? or out? Either way predicting a split)
OKC W
Chicago W
Chicago W
Minnesota W
Houston W
Utah W
Clippers L (Flips have dreams about the Lakers games as their Finals)
Phoenix W (loss could balance if unpredicted win earlier)
Utah W

17-6

44-38 Season Record.

Updated…still on track for finishing 17-6 and final 44-38 season record.
Let’s go Lakers!!!
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:29 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:

B2B or not, that Knicks team is still a tough cookie especially as no one in the team can handle Randle, even Vando, it will be a different story if Lebron is in there. It's not the same with the Pels and Rockets, Vando can easily clamp BI, he might get their usual numbers but they will also miss a lot. They aren't gonna be efficient against Vando defense.

Everyone and their mom know Vando can’t handle bulky interior players
But we still have to put him on Randle.

AD should have focused on stopping Randle from first quarter.
And Russell shouldn’t have been taken out so fast.

It would have easily been a blowout for us.

You have AD set the tone early against Rando, he won’t get into a rhythm and it is game over.

You don’t even have to have AD guarding him whole game.

But the matchup has to be right in the beginning to set the tone and not allow their only star who can beat us to get hot is no brainer.

At best we are 2-2 next 4 games
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:31 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

@NOP
@HOU
vs DAL
vs ORL

We actually kinda expected them to split it up with the Knicks and Raps, why guys here so upset? Lakers can't win them all guys, there will be a time that they will play like idiots, especially during a winning streak

The only idiot is the coach.

The players are doing the best they can to fight an uphill battle with no game plan and poor rotations, momentum killing subs, and momentum booster for other team with no time out.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:06 am    Post subject:

Everyone report to your lucky laker viewing chairs
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:44 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:

You are correct. It’s just a really thin margin for error.

On paper, Toronto is tough because their construct (like clippers and wolves) gives Lakers fits. We shot absurdly (particularly DLO), so maybe that evens out with losing to a Brunson-less Knicks squad.

I guess it’s the how. The loss to Knicks was all about them bringing the energy and grind and us not matching it.

Can’t win them all, but when you have very winnable games you have to take advantage. On paper, the Knicks was a more winnable game than Toronto imo.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:

It looks like the Wolves will take the 6th spot, unless lakers will have a run. Wolves has a pretty easy remaining schedule like the Lakers. Meanwhile, the
Warriors will go down the drain. I think the Flippers will hold on to the 5th spot. Lue figured out already how to limit Westbrook, he ain't using him in the 4th in their last 2 games.

My prediction is this:
Flips #5
Wolves #6
Lakers #7
Warriors #8

Seems about right…I’m hoping however that the GSW get the 9th play in spot so if they win they battle Denver in the 1stRd and we avoid them in the play in by beating Dallas in the playin for the 7th playoff seed. We’ve faired well against both the Warriors and Mavericks but Mavs were full strength whereas the Dubs were without Wiggins and/or Curry.

1Denv
2Sacr
3Memp
4Phoe
5LAC
6Minny
Playin
7LAL vs 8Dal
9GSW vs 10- NOP/OKC/Utah/Port

Of course it would be even better to catch Minny for 6th and beat the Grizz 1stRd. Then if the Kings survive the Mavs/TWolves winner we get them in 2ndRd with the WCF matchup against the survivor of the Nuggets/GSW/Flips/Suns gauntlet.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:00 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:

My prediction is this:
Flips #5
Wolves #6
Lakers #7
Warriors #8

Seems about right…I’m hoping however that the GSW get the 9th play in spot so if they win they battle Denver in the 1stRd and we avoid them in the play in by beating Dallas in the playin for the 7th playoff seed. We’ve faired well against both the Warriors and Mavericks but Mavs were full strength whereas the Dubs were without Wiggins and/or Curry.

1Denv
2Sacr
3Memp
4Phoe
5LAC
6Minny
Playin
7LAL vs 8Dal
9GSW vs 10- NOP/OKC/Utah/Port

Of course it would be even better to catch Minny for 6th and beat the Grizz 1stRd. Then if the Kings survive the Mavs/TWolves winner we get them in 2ndRd with the WCF matchup against the survivor of the Nuggets/GSW/Flips/Suns gauntlet.

Minny won't be 6th and won't be hard to catch. They may be 1.5 games ahead of us but we play them, so if we win that game (must win) we're pretty much level with them. Can''t see them overtaking the Clips or the Warrs
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 7 of 15
Jump to: