BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Valdarno wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Darvin Ham said Anthony Davis won't play tomorrow against Houston. He's not cleared. Even though he's playing pain-free, the organization is going to stick to their plan they made with team doctors a while ago. Describes his foot as "an active injury."

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1635831589723598848?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Great, Rui backup center?

When AD sits, Lakers have ZERO centers.

The imposter starting center I suspect will be Gabriel. Then they'll have another imposter center as back-up.

Pretty unbelievable for a team fighting for a playoff spot.

Whenever Pelinka makes me think he might know what he's doing he comes right back and makes me wonder if he's just lucky when he does good. We should have signed a back up center right after the trade deadline knowing this was the plan. I could excuse the oversight with Bamba but once he sprained his ankle it should have been an automatic action by a responsibly competent GM to sign another center.

Anyway, I'm thankful for the luck or periods of competence despite the periods of time when we wonder what the heck he's thinking. I fear that...although we can compete...to actually win a championship we need his best effort, just a little better than he's given us.

Might be cheapness. Jeanie trying to ride it out without any additional luxury tax.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject:

This was honestly an amazing performance in the first quarter, really the whole first half was absolutely excellent on both ends.

The intensity was great, have to give some credit to how the guys came to play. Really promising sign for what we could be when whole, imagine adding Lebron and Mamba to that mix.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:37 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
ocho wrote:
If the plan was to sit Davis from time to time then it sure seems odd they haven’t signed a C once Bamba went down.

Seems like malpractice...I just don't understand it.

What's not to understand? AD is not 100% healthy... Stress fracture. They are being careful.

"...they haven’t signed a C once Bamba went down."
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
ocho wrote:
If the plan was to sit Davis from time to time then it sure seems odd they haven’t signed a C once Bamba went down.

Seems like malpractice...I just don't understand it.

What's not to understand? AD is not 100% healthy... Stress fracture. They are being careful.

"...they haven’t signed a C once Bamba went down."

Again what’s hard to understand.

Ham could not manage negative chemistry with Pat Bev, Russ, or Bryant wanting minutes

Pelinka cleared the deck of everyone who pouted. He kept Lonnie who played good solider. And the whole team has chemistry and a good vibe.

Cousins is not in the league because Denver didn’t like him in the locker room. Dwight is not on a team because no one likes him in the locker room, and when he won a title in LA he was on a non-guaranteed deal. Whiteside got sent out of Miami for his attitude and in the Utah doghouse for the same reason. If a coach has showed he can’t manage those bad personalities, Pelinka would be doing an awful job if he just signed a guy to blow up chemistry especially when a team is clicking, has the best defense post break in the league, and his stars are happy.

Ibaka asked out in Milwaukee because he wanted rotation minutes not scraps from Giannis, Brook, and Portis. He can possibly get them in LA by beating out Gabriel, but he’s not the 10 day guy.

And the 10 day guy Leonard can’t be used in the playoffs if you sign him so you wasted a deal. He can’t be used by any team besides the Bucks in the playoffs.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Bamba was meant to be that center. But he's out right now. They don't want to bring someone in for just a week and a half only to let them go right after. It seems.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Great win...!
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Great picture from the game

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/335443464_670732475056483_5205968983848454246_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=0ZllzrkwYt4AX9uRNOW&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=00_AfBB-btFG7Zdb0oZbMkYObLHaHRZxRIImNFjY5LpG3bbRg&oe=64167637
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26
Jump to: