Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:36 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
True story in the West:

From seed 7 on down, the hottest team is...

drum roll...

The Rockets

Mainly the emergence of Jabari Smith and Jaylen Green staying healthy.
IfHouston gets another solid big to split the minutes with Sengun I can see them making a huge leap next season.

Good for DreamShake! he’s been patiently waiting
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject:

A decent center with a 10 day contact could have won the game for us.
AD playing soft 10-15 mins could have won us the game against Houston.
Even at the beginning we played so many easy games still we messed up. Look at the number of chances we are getting. It is just ridiculous not to make the play in.

Fire Rob and Fire Ham...
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:38 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
The only good thing about this game is now Cuban's never trading for DLo.

So all this arguing is moot.

+1,000,000
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:38 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Once again we built a statue to Rob for getting Dlo, Vander and Beasly for Brick and a 1st. After few games, except Vando, the trade doesn't look that great.

DLo was a plus 6, misses A LOT of shots, but had 11 assists.

Would still rather have him at $25 million then Kyrie’s flakey personality at $40 million.

The trade was great. The coach, however, was a very bad hire.

Without the bad coach, however, do we even make such a great trade?

There is absolutely no way i'd want DLO over Kyrie personality and all. Watched him last playoffs and he was beyond horrendous.

It’s not even a matter of that it’s a matter of having a competent point bench actually behind him because you can afford it or just being able to afford one player in a bunch of scrubs

Give me D’Angelo Russell every time because Kyrie is going to cost a ton

I agree with that. Kyrie would probably cost a lot. But hypothetically if i had to choose between either one of them im taking Kyrie and im not even flinching. Personality and all. DLO is decent but he doesn't move the needle at all for a team. Maybe as a 3rd guy he can be good but i saw what he did as a 3rd guy in Minny. He was horrendous.

But Kyrie would gut this team with the contract he'd demand.

Can you seriously argue that Kyrie does move the needle for a team? What successful teams has he been a part of since he's left Cleveland?

Kyrie-AD-Lebron would be considered title favorites.

But like the poster said It would be impossible because of the contract he'd demand. Bench would also be gutted probably.

Im not a fan of DLO's game at all. He's decent. But if his threes aren't falling he is nullified.

Nonsense. He led the team in assists and had 0 turnovers tonight
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:40 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Once again we built a statue to Rob for getting Dlo, Vander and Beasly for Brick and a 1st. After few games, except Vando, the trade doesn't look that great.

Would still rather have him at $25 million then Kyrie’s flakey personality at $40 million.

There is absolutely no way i'd want DLO over Kyrie personality and all. Watched him last playoffs and he was beyond horrendous.

Agree to disagree. Kyrie isn’t my cup of tea. Would have accepted him when we were desperate, but we aren’t anymore.

We just lost against a Mavs team without Luka

Lost to a tanking Houston team.

lost to a Knicks team without Brunson

we're 3 games under .500

We're in a great spot right now.

Never said we were in a great spot. I said we aren’t desperate.

If we had this team all year, we are a 4 or 5 seed. If we have this team with a better coach, we are a solid 3 or 4 seed.

would mean we are fine or content with the current situation no? If the team isn't trying to legit compete this year i agree though. Build for the next year.

Dont know how good Lebron will be at near 40 or how long AD's body will hold up next season.

Ham will remain as well dont see him going. Maybe we'll be decent next year. Will be dependent on Lebron and AD staying healthy.

Like the previous two years
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

I’m a Dlo hater but how can anyone watch tonihjt and blame him for the loss.

It’s not even a matter of that it’s a matter of having a competent point bench actually behind him because you can afford it or just being able to afford one player in a bunch of scrubs

I agree with that. Kyrie would probably cost a lot. But hypothetically if i had to choose between either one of them im taking Kyrie and im not even flinching. Personality and all. DLO is decent but he doesn't move the needle at all for a team. Maybe as a 3rd guy he can be good but i saw what he did as a 3rd guy in Minny. He was horrendous.

Can you seriously argue that Kyrie does move the needle for a team? What successful teams has he been a part of since he's left Cleveland?

But like the poster said It would be impossible because of the contract he'd demand. Bench would also be gutted probably.

Im not a fan of DLO's game at all. He's decent. But if his threes aren't falling he is nullified.

I’m a Dlo hater but he’s not the reason we lost. Did he miss a big shot with 17 sec left yes but we were up 4. AD single handedly blew this game. He’s lost us multiple games with his ft shooting and tonihjt his terrible defense added to it
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:44 pm    Post subject:

That fouling the three point shooter whenever we were up by Anthony Davis was just abysmal
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PayasoLoco wrote:
Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

I’m a Dlo hater but how can anyone watch tonihjt and blame him for the loss.

I’m a Dlo hater but he’s not the reason we lost. Did he miss a big shot with 17 sec left yes but we were up 4. AD single handedly blew this game. He’s lost us multiple games with his ft shooting and tonihjt his terrible defense added to it

It can be both. Did Dlo miss any big shots before that one with 17 seconds left? I counted 5-6
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Not nonsense. Truth. He was subpar this game. When his threes aren't falling he has no other means of getting baskets. He cant get to the rim thats why he keeps doing those awkward pull up middies.

But he had 11 assists. I just hope he isn't as dreadful being the 3rd guy when Lebron comes back. I saw enough of that in the playoffs from him last season.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Bad shots = turnovers, and why are people defending him but pile on Russ every loss?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:46 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Rui only 16 minutes tonight when he was a positive?

Why did they have AD on Klieber when all he does is camp outside which takes AD out of the paint?

Both plays at the end you can see AD trying to cover the paint hard. Just leaving Klieber open on both plays.

Rui would have been better guarding Klieber on those plays, and left AD on Wood who is much slower player.

Or Ham should have put Gabriel on Klieber.

Told you Kidd made the right adjustment by taking out Powell down 5, and I believe Ham would make the adjustment if we are still playing now(maybe 3rd OT), slow in game adjustments is the trademark of ham

Yup that was terrible coaching by Ham at the end there... He did have Gabriel in there but he had him guarding the wrong guy. Also I would have sat DLo since he obviously didn't have it. I would have taken my chances with Scho who had going tonight being guarded by Kyrie.

Rookie head coaching by Ham has been really showing all season long.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:46 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Not nonsense. Truth. He was subpar this game. When his threes aren't falling he has no other means of getting baskets. He cant get to the rim thats why he keeps doing those awkward pull up middies.

But he had 11 assists. I just hope he isn't as dreadful being the 3rd guy when Lebron comes back. I saw enough of that in the playoffs from him last season.

Remind me again how Kyrie did in the playoffs last season. Oh yeah, a first round sweep.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Bad shots = turnovers, and why are people defending him but pile on Russ every loss?

Does a bad shot by any player count as a turnover? Or just the players you don't like?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Not forcing any actions to get DLO, Dennis, or Austin the ball to shoot these free throws in the end lost us the game.

Rewatched the play leading to AD’s free throws it was horrible.
Dennis and DLO sprinting different directions. Wtffff is that?!?

No brush action. Terrible terrible terrible

Haven’t been critical on Darvin in awhile but those little things are the difference maker in winning ball games.

Yup, really dumb.

This is the thing, we don't have the margin for error. We need him to coach at the top of his game in these scenarios.

No sense of urgency.
And fwiw I like to give Darvin some credit.
I’m really digging the lineups he’s using nowadays.

-AD and Wenyen at the same time was great and hope to see more of it until Bron gets back.

-He realized that Lonnie’s style doesn’t really fit our unselfish style of play anymore and limited his minutes.

-Still plays DLO and Dennis together in stretches but they’ve proven to be affective.

Obviously a really tough rookie coaching season for D. Ham.
Looking across the way Jason Kidd looks like a genius after tonight’s win and it wasn’t to long ago he was in Darvin’s situation
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Does a bad shot by any player count as a turnover? Or just the players you don't like?

Russ asks the same thing
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
True story in the West:

drum roll...

The Rockets

Mainly the emergence of Jabari Smith and Jaylen Green staying healthy.
IfHouston gets another solid big to split the minutes with Sengun I can see them making a huge leap next season.

Good for DreamShake! he’s been patiently waiting

I always felt like they were better than their record. Biggest difference I see is Jabari is actually playing like a top 3 pick? Can’t remember if he was 2 or 3 but he’s the difference in this little surge. His numbers look good.

Once the rockets get Wembanyama, Dreamshake will be back on LG
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:51 pm    Post subject:

I thought it was Russ's fault? Lol

Guess not.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Remind me again how Kyrie did in the playoffs last season. Oh yeah, a first round sweep.

Dude honestly....Kyrie is so above DLO as a player it's ridiculous to even mention them in the same sentence. DLO has done (bleep) all as a player.

DLO's averages and percentages plummets come playoff time. Dude was averaging 35/39 splits as the 3rd guy on the Wolves team.

No way im giving this dude a lengthy contract. He's 27 years old and hasn't done (bleep).

Im not willing to give Kyrie a lengthy contract neither.

But it damn sure isn't because of his play.

Last edited by TMG on Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Dlo seems to have regressed the last 3 games
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:53 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
True story in the West:

drum roll...

The Rockets

Nope!

The Clippers are.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Dude did you see some of the ridiculous shots he took? The (bleep) up awkward looking mid rangers because he cant beat his guy to the rim?

He missed a couple of threes thats whatever. His weird ass pull up mid rangers are horrendous.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
I thought it was Russ's fault? Lol

Guess not.

It was never all Russ fault.

The fault has always been a mix of personnel (Russ part of this), questionable coaching decisions and our stars rarely showing the ability to carry a team like their name would suggest.

I think deep down Lakers FO knows that Lebron and AD just can’t do it consistently anymore. Whether it’s mindset or availability, they can’t do what a Giannis does for Milwaukee for example.

I don’t want to rely on Lebron and AD again next season. Something will happen again for the 4th year in a row. They won’t have Russ as the scapegoat and they won’t be able to use the deeper roster as the scapegoat either.

Last edited by LakerSD on Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
DrDent wrote:
True story in the West:

drum roll...

The Rockets

Nope!

The Clippers are.

(clips 5th seed)
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:57 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
DrDent wrote:
True story in the West:

drum roll...

The Rockets

Nope!

The Clippers are.

(clips 5th seed)

And better start rooting for them, we need them to beat the NOP and OKC 4 times in the last few weeks
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:03 pm    Post subject:

tough loss by the Lakers. This buzzer-beater win by the Mavs reminds me of the Pacers' buzzer-beater game
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39
Jump to: