Prediction: Ham is going to fail us in the play-in or first round this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:05 pm    Post subject:

11-3 since this dumdum thread got started.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:09 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Paul Westhead won a title and then didn't do sh*t after he stopped coaching Magic.

If we are winning, I don't think it has much to do with Ham.

I praised Ham for how he handled DLo and getting off to the quick start then the team started trying to run out the clock... pound the ball and take incredibly bad shots over and over again.

They have a short handed team in front of them and instead of pushing the pace they slowed it to a crawl.

The MFer kept playing Beasley even when the lead was dwindling.

If we win it will be in spite of Ham, not because of him.

I like the dude as a person, but man it's hard to watch some of these games.

Sorry that’s not how any of this works
He’s making some mistakes. He’s also doing some things very well as a head coach this team fights you do that whenever you have coaches that know how to inspire.

He gets the credit for the winds just like he gets the credit for the losses

....smh.

No putting in another Big
Trying to use LBJ as a Center
Keeping Rui out extended minutes..for no reason...smh.
And yep still see bease out there ..for what?
Bease Brown still in at the same time..again...smh.

Yep same stuff different day...The team wins in-spite of this guy.

This is the matchup where we need Mo Bamba size for 10 mins desperately.
We probably won’t need him against Warriors or Kings.

If Mo Bamba can give us anything close to what he did in the regular season before the injury. We would win this game with 10+ points.

It is not like he is that good. But it is a butterfly effect, if he can play 10+ mins
1. Avoid Lebron Rui big man lineup where we get killed inside and on the board.

2. Avoid Lebron exerting that much energy early fighting in the post

3. Provide size and defense

4. We can stop playing Beasley

5. Allow AD to play some minutes at 4 and save him from potential injury.

Yes he might be too slow at pick and roll defense, I haven’t seen enough of him to really know either. But we can avoid it with defensive schemes
And it is not like Beasley is out there playing great defense.
It might be even too late to play Bamba now since he might not be in it mentally anymore.

Also Ham still keep playing the triple guard lineup.
Though he trimmed it down, but he been using it in some crucial moments.
This lineup with a tired Lebron doesn’t work, since Lebron doesn’t even box out.
Rui might not even have played in the 4th quarter if DLo didn’t get fouled out, which is crazy.

Also the no time out before the half.

Ham is just so stubborn, and his love for small lineup just puzzles me agains the Grizzlies who play with size.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Ham is one game away from getting this thread locked.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:18 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:

Nah…you have to really pay attention so see the ineptitude. It really is winning in spite of Ham. JJJ got 6 offensive boards 14 total, AD only 2 offensive boards and 11 total…plus the Grizz are the #1 team scoring in the paint. LBJ looks like he has limited time to be effective. Mo looks like he would help the Lakers in all those 3 areas where they are struggling the most…rim protection, limiting opponents offensive boards (Grizz had 21 2nd chance points game 4), conserving LBJ by not playing him at C.

Beasley has given next to nothing, LW4 started and the played very well for two months before getting injured.

It goes against common sense logic to play Beasley plus LBJ/Rui front court based on the post season instead of Mo and LW4 based on how they played in the regular season.

The Lakers have been winning in spite of Ham, but if he keeps up what he is doing it is a matter of time before it fails us…just like the thread says.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Paul Westhead won a title and then didn't do sh*t after he stopped coaching Magic.

If we are winning, I don't think it has much to do with Ham.

I praised Ham for how he handled DLo and getting off to the quick start then the team started trying to run out the clock... pound the ball and take incredibly bad shots over and over again.

They have a short handed team in front of them and instead of pushing the pace they slowed it to a crawl.

The MFer kept playing Beasley even when the lead was dwindling.

If we win it will be in spite of Ham, not because of him.

I like the dude as a person, but man it's hard to watch some of these games.

Sorry that’s not how any of this works
He’s making some mistakes. He’s also doing some things very well as a head coach this team fights you do that whenever you have coaches that know how to inspire.

He gets the credit for the winds just like he gets the credit for the losses

....smh.

No putting in another Big
Trying to use LBJ as a Center
Keeping Rui out extended minutes..for no reason...smh.
And yep still see bease out there ..for what?
Bease Brown still in at the same time..again...smh.

Yep same stuff different day...The team wins in-spite of this guy.

This is the matchup where we need Mo Bamba size for 10 mins desperately.
We probably won’t need him against Warriors or Kings.

If Mo Bamba can give us anything close to what he did in the regular season before the injury. We would win this game with 10+ points.

It is not like he is that good. But it is a butterfly effect, if he can play 10+ mins
1. Avoid Lebron Rui big man lineup where we get killed inside and on the board.

2. Avoid Lebron exerting that much energy early fighting in the post

3. Provide size and defense

4. We can stop playing Beasley

5. Allow AD to play some minutes at 4 and save him from potential injury.

Yes he might be too slow at pick and roll defense, I haven’t seen enough of him to really know either. But we can avoid it with defensive schemes
And it is not like Beasley is out there playing great defense.
It might be even too late to play Bamba now since he might not be in it mentally anymore.

Also Ham still keep playing the triple guard lineup.
Though he trimmed it down, but he been using it in some crucial moments.
This lineup with a tired Lebron doesn’t work, since Lebron doesn’t even box out.
Rui might not even have played in the 4th quarter if DLo didn’t get fouled out, which is crazy.

Also the no time out before the half.

Ham is just so stubborn, and his love for small lineup just puzzles me agains the Grizzlies who play with size.

Lolololol
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Nah…you have to really pay attention so see the ineptitude. It really is winning in spite of Ham. JJJ got 6 offensive boards 14 total, AD only 2 offensive boards and 11 total…plus the Grizz are the #1 team scoring in the paint. LBJ looks like he has limited time to be effective. Mo looks like he would help the Lakers in all those 3 areas where they are struggling the most…rim protection, limiting opponents offensive boards (Grizz had 21 2nd chance points game 4), conserving LBJ by not playing him at C.

Beasley has given next to nothing, LW4 started and the played very well for two months before getting injured.

It goes against common sense logic to play Beasley plus LBJ/Rui front court based on the post season instead of Mo and LW4 based on how they played in the regular season.

The Lakers have been winning in spite of Ham, but if he keeps up what he is doing it is a matter of time before it fails us…just like the thread says.

Just pathetic
They are one game away from being the seventh seeded team and eliminating the second seeded team

The title of this thread is Darvin ham is gonna do something to screw us up in the playing or the first round of the playoffs. If we win the first round, the thread is going to look the biggest of stupid
Still can’t give credit to the head coach

Last edited by Polarbear on Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:26 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Maybe we needed this dumb thread to inspired the coach
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:03 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:

Just realized the thread title doesn’t just say Ham will fail us but will fail us specifically ultimately in the playin or 1st round…lol! So yea, 1 more win like you said!
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Not getting AD the ball will not fly the deeper you go in the PO
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Just pathetic
They are one game away from being the seventh seeded team and eliminating the second seeded team

The title of this thread is Darvin ham is gonna do something to screw us up in the playing or the first round of the playoffs. If we win the first round, the thread is going to look the biggest of stupid

It would be good to make the thread be wrong, certainly hope so. But do you just want to win the 1st round? You want to win more right? Do you disagree with the assessment? What would be pathetic is if you actually agree but called an opinion pathetic that you actually agree with…or if you are a Laker fan that would be satisfied with a 1st round win.

I would be happy with a 1st round win but I’m a spoiled Laker fan, I want more and I think it will take a different approach by our coach to get more. If you disagree cool, I get it…but agree or disagree I know it makes sense what we’re saying.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Just pathetic

We escaped with the skin of our teeth in the playin.
And since Memphis is really without 2 of their bigs.
I knew we would win this series.

We are winning despite of him like one of the poster said.
And again what he has been doing will bite us deeper in the playoff.
I am not a celebrator or first round victory.
I wish I can be wrong whole playoff and we win.

But we are an old team.

We need the coach to give us as much advantage as we can, so we can save our players for later series.

But it is definitely not happening.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:17 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Well we’ll agree to disagree with regards to the analysis of your expectations.

As to the criticism of rotations (the laziest of all coaching critiques) I think there’s a fair question to be raised about why Bamba isn’t getting more minutes. I’ll probably agree with you that he should get some burn. The non-AD minutes are a problem. Most teams have issues when this star or that star sits. I’m not sure the reality of Mo Bamba is the panacea you might think it is, but I think it’s a reasonable thing to discuss. Most of the critiques I read, however, are of the extreme variety that you don’t think exists. Benching everyone including LeBron. Yo-yoing everyone’s minutes based on how the last 3 minutes of their game went. Calling a timeout whenever the opponent makes two baskets and if we don’t the coach is an idiot. The reality of building a rotation is a lot more complicated than it is when you play 2K. We aren’t always going to have a good answer for everything and that doesn’t mean the coaches are idiots.

There are people who look at thing at its core and simplify it, and there are people who tries to fog up everything and make something simple seem complicated.

you sir are doing the latter.

Of course there are more to coaching than what we see.
and most likely none of us on this forum are qualified to be a NBA coach.
but doesn't hide the fact that Ham fail at his job consistently with lineup, rotations, lack of scheming, adjustment. We can all see it and critique it.

I am curious how you would judge whether or not a coach is good or not.
do you think Steve Nash was a good coach?
do you think Luke Walton was a good coach?

and how does Ham compare to these bad coaches?

How long does the Coach have to make obvious mistake for you to think they are bad?

First of all you pre-face all of this by starting on its face that ham is a rookie coach He is going to make rookie coach mistakes.

Then whenever you get past that you look at, does the team fight even whenever they lose are the in every game because they don’t give up do they show improvement do they show energy do they win?

The coach gets to take credit in all of those things just like he gets blamed for the losses. The fact of the matter is since the trade deadline this team has one of the best records in the NBA you cannot argue with those statistics.

Since the all star break.
A lot of good teams are playing with players rested.
The winning streak is more to do with the insurgence of the new blood, and that we finally got a competitive team.
You can’t look at a number in vacuum.
In fact there are quite a few games in there that Ham failed us.

The positive thing is that players still haven’t tuned him out, like what they did to Vogel (mostly cuz of Westbrick debacle)

We can’t afford rookie anything right now.
He has been an assistance coach in the league for awhile now.
We need someone to perform like Udoka did in the first year.

We got no time. If he sucks now and continue to make mistake while our championship window is NOW, he is not a fit for this team period.

Your 1st mistake is thinking this is a championship team. We are a 7th seed. Would be crazy if we won. Just enjoy the ride

Are you freaking serious? Can’t be a real Laker fan with that mentality, that is NOT the way. We always think as Laker fans that we have a championship team lol!
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Winning by the skin of your teeth in the playoffs against great teams? Who would’ve thought??
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:31 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Winning by the skin of your teeth in the playoffs against great teams? Who would’ve thought??

Against a Wolves team who almost got swept by Denver.

And they were without their best defender and Gobert.

Lol try again.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:34 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Well we’ll agree to disagree with regards to the analysis of your expectations.

As to the criticism of rotations (the laziest of all coaching critiques) I think there’s a fair question to be raised about why Bamba isn’t getting more minutes. I’ll probably agree with you that he should get some burn. The non-AD minutes are a problem. Most teams have issues when this star or that star sits. I’m not sure the reality of Mo Bamba is the panacea you might think it is, but I think it’s a reasonable thing to discuss. Most of the critiques I read, however, are of the extreme variety that you don’t think exists. Benching everyone including LeBron. Yo-yoing everyone’s minutes based on how the last 3 minutes of their game went. Calling a timeout whenever the opponent makes two baskets and if we don’t the coach is an idiot. The reality of building a rotation is a lot more complicated than it is when you play 2K. We aren’t always going to have a good answer for everything and that doesn’t mean the coaches are idiots.

There are people who look at thing at its core and simplify it, and there are people who tries to fog up everything and make something simple seem complicated.

you sir are doing the latter.

Of course there are more to coaching than what we see.
and most likely none of us on this forum are qualified to be a NBA coach.
but doesn't hide the fact that Ham fail at his job consistently with lineup, rotations, lack of scheming, adjustment. We can all see it and critique it.

I am curious how you would judge whether or not a coach is good or not.
do you think Steve Nash was a good coach?
do you think Luke Walton was a good coach?

and how does Ham compare to these bad coaches?

How long does the Coach have to make obvious mistake for you to think they are bad?

First of all you pre-face all of this by starting on its face that ham is a rookie coach He is going to make rookie coach mistakes.

Then whenever you get past that you look at, does the team fight even whenever they lose are the in every game because they don’t give up do they show improvement do they show energy do they win?

The coach gets to take credit in all of those things just like he gets blamed for the losses. The fact of the matter is since the trade deadline this team has one of the best records in the NBA you cannot argue with those statistics.

Since the all star break.
A lot of good teams are playing with players rested.
The winning streak is more to do with the insurgence of the new blood, and that we finally got a competitive team.
You can’t look at a number in vacuum.
In fact there are quite a few games in there that Ham failed us.

The positive thing is that players still haven’t tuned him out, like what they did to Vogel (mostly cuz of Westbrick debacle)

We can’t afford rookie anything right now.
He has been an assistance coach in the league for awhile now.
We need someone to perform like Udoka did in the first year.

We got no time. If he sucks now and continue to make mistake while our championship window is NOW, he is not a fit for this team period.

Your 1st mistake is thinking this is a championship team. We are a 7th seed. Would be crazy if we won. Just enjoy the ride

Are you freaking serious? Can’t be a real Laker fan with that mentality, that is NOT the way. We always think as Laker fans that we have a championship team lol!

We actually have a good path to the finals this year.

First round, Grizzlies team with 2 big man out, and Ja with one hand

Second round, we got size advantage against both kings or Warriors

Hopefully Denver and Phoenix will kill eachother before we play either.

but with the ways Ham making it harder than it has to be, we might run out of gas at certain point of this run
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:34 pm    Post subject:

I think the jury is still out on Ham. I'm not keen on criticizing him the way many do here. And the next round will be very telling IMO. Luckily, the Griz are kinda mid this season. I think they are built for the regular season, and losing Adams and Clarke killed their interior defense and rebounding. The result is they have to rely much more on JJ Jr. It's like pre-trade AD without Vanderbilt backing him up.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:14 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
How on earth not only a 7 and 8th seed going to advance but both are up 3 1 and likely neither is going to need 7 games to finish it off

Injuries. We've been plagued by injuries for the last couple years ourselves, so we know how it goes. We're about as healthy as we're going to get at the moment. The Bucks, Grizzlies, Clippers, and maybe the Sixers are not.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:59 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Need more
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:11 am    Post subject:

I am not hating on Ham when I say this. Does anyone else get scared when we are in the spread offense with NO ball movement. Every time we went to that (with the wings way out and 2 guys at the corner baselines), I knew it was not going to be pretty.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:22 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I am not hating on Ham when I say this. Does anyone else get scared when we are in the spread offense with NO ball movement. Every time we went to that (with the wings way out and 2 guys at the corner baselines), I knew it was not going to be pretty.

People clowning on OP but there is truth there

Lebron holding the ball at the three point line for 10 seconds, then shooting a contested three which misses, it happens all the time, often late in the game. We are getting away with it because the grizzlies have periods where they are unable to score open baskets. If we were playing a better team, no way we get away with that

We are winning in spite of ham, and barely. It's not sustainable.
Lebron is playing 45 minutes. We need him and other players to conserve energy for future series.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:57 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Lebron holding the ball at the three point line for 10 seconds, then shooting a contested three which misses, it happens all the time, often late in the game. We are getting away with it because the grizzlies have periods where they are unable to score open baskets. If we were playing a better team, no way we get away with that

Lebron is playing 45 minutes. We need him and other players to conserve energy for future series.

We are VERY fortunate that the Grizz are undermanned. I know injuries are part of the game, but the bigs of the Grizz would have exploited our achilles heel (not having bigs).
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:59 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
ocho wrote:

Need more

The games are won in spite of Ham though, not because of him.

He’s legit the basketball version of Mike McCarthy.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:06 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

So is your complaint with Ham or with Lebron? Seriously. If you think that any coach is going to make Lebron do something other than what he wants to do, you're probably kidding yourself. This is the double-edged sword that you get with a superstar. Kobe wasted possessions, too. You hope that the positives outweigh the negatives, and they usually do.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:39 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

So is your complaint with Ham or with Lebron? Seriously. If you think that any coach is going to make Lebron do something other than what he wants to do, you're probably kidding yourself. This is the double-edged sword that you get with a superstar. Kobe wasted possessions, too. You hope that the positives outweigh the negatives, and they usually do.

some of it is on Lebron.
but do you see any even running any sets in the 4th?
Dlo 3 open shots are created by himself or fast break.

And other time it is just mostly Lebronball.
that is why we got so stagnant.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:39 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

some of it is on Lebron.
but do you see any even running any sets in the 4th?
Dlo 3 open shots are created by himself or fast break.

And other time it is just mostly Lebronball.
that is why we got so stagnant.

Its a recipe for disaster TBH. The lack of sets and ball movement is going to bite us. Coach and star have to put egos aside if they want to continue in the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10
Jump to: