Prediction: Ham is going to fail us in the play-in or first round this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Ham is one game away from getting this thread locked.

Nah…you have to really pay attention so see the ineptitude. It really is winning in spite of Ham. JJJ got 6 offensive boards 14 total, AD only 2 offensive boards and 11 total…plus the Grizz are the #1 team scoring in the paint. LBJ looks like he has limited time to be effective. Mo looks like he would help the Lakers in all those 3 areas where they are struggling the most…rim protection, limiting opponents offensive boards (Grizz had 21 2nd chance points game 4), conserving LBJ by not playing him at C.

Beasley has given next to nothing, LW4 started and the played very well for two months before getting injured.

It goes against common sense logic to play Beasley plus LBJ/Rui front court based on the post season instead of Mo and LW4 based on how they played in the regular season.

The Lakers have been winning in spite of Ham, but if he keeps up what he is doing it is a matter of time before it fails us…just like the thread says.

Just pathetic
They are one game away from being the seventh seeded team and eliminating the second seeded team

The title of this thread is Darvin ham is gonna do something to screw us up in the playing or the first round of the playoffs. If we win the first round, the thread is going to look the biggest of stupid
Still can’t give credit to the head coach

It would be good to make the thread be wrong, certainly hope so. But do you just want to win the 1st round? You want to win more right? Do you disagree with the assessment? What would be pathetic is if you actually agree but called an opinion pathetic that you actually agree with…or if you are a Laker fan that would be satisfied with a 1st round win.

I would be happy with a 1st round win but I’m a spoiled Laker fan, I want more and I think it will take a different approach by our coach to get more. If you disagree cool, I get it…but agree or disagree I know it makes sense what we’re saying.

The object should be to win the championship every year

I’m just trying to point out how far we have come it’s important to enjoy the journey
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Nah…you have to really pay attention so see the ineptitude. It really is winning in spite of Ham. JJJ got 6 offensive boards 14 total, AD only 2 offensive boards and 11 total…plus the Grizz are the #1 team scoring in the paint. LBJ looks like he has limited time to be effective. Mo looks like he would help the Lakers in all those 3 areas where they are struggling the most…rim protection, limiting opponents offensive boards (Grizz had 21 2nd chance points game 4), conserving LBJ by not playing him at C.

Beasley has given next to nothing, LW4 started and the played very well for two months before getting injured.

It goes against common sense logic to play Beasley plus LBJ/Rui front court based on the post season instead of Mo and LW4 based on how they played in the regular season.

The Lakers have been winning in spite of Ham, but if he keeps up what he is doing it is a matter of time before it fails us…just like the thread says.

Just pathetic
They are one game away from being the seventh seeded team and eliminating the second seeded team

The title of this thread is Darvin ham is gonna do something to screw us up in the playing or the first round of the playoffs. If we win the first round, the thread is going to look the biggest of stupid

We escaped with the skin of our teeth in the playin.
And since Memphis is really without 2 of their bigs.
I knew we would win this series.

We are winning despite of him like one of the poster said.
And again what he has been doing will bite us deeper in the playoff.
I am not a celebrator or first round victory.
I wish I can be wrong whole playoff and we win.

But we are an old team.

We need the coach to give us as much advantage as we can, so we can save our players for later series.

But it is definitely not happening.

Sometimes I do wonder whether or not you watch basketball other than the Lakers in case you haven’t noticed most playoff games or one by the skin of your teeth The other team gets paid to play the game to
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Just pathetic

We escaped with the skin of our teeth in the playin.
And since Memphis is really without 2 of their bigs.
I knew we would win this series.

We are winning despite of him like one of the poster said.
And again what he has been doing will bite us deeper in the playoff.
I am not a celebrator or first round victory.
I wish I can be wrong whole playoff and we win.

But we are an old team.

We need the coach to give us as much advantage as we can, so we can save our players for later series.

But it is definitely not happening.

Sometimes I do wonder whether or not you watch basketball other than the Lakers in case you haven’t noticed most playoff games or one by the skin of your teeth The other team gets paid to play the game to

I do, I watch a lot of playoff games.

But this roster we have is a really good roster.
Compare to the others in the West, I think we have the most balanced roster.

A lot of people are under estimating how good we are collectively, just cuz we are the 7th seed.

I have not seen such a deep roster with 2 super stars beifore
Granted Lebron is 38 and AD is inconsistent.

But as the way the roster is constructed, we have a really good chance winning the championship.

The Warriors have championship fatigue, and they are not really deep
kings have no interior presence, free layup for AD and Lebron.
Phoenix is like 6 deep, they might run out of gas if they get past Denver
Denver is probably most completely team in the West, but I feel we match up really well.

The success we have is despite of Ham incompetence, not because of it.

Of course he has done some things helping the team.

But his stubborness and weird fetish for small lineup and brain freeze will cost us our golden opportunity this year.

I guess complaining about it probably won’t help.

But at least I get to vent out my frustration.

And the fact he is a rookie coach and people wants to give him more time is mind blowing to me.

If Lebron was 28 years old instead of 38, I am fine.

But wtf do we want to waste another year of Lebron developing a rookie coach?

It is sad that Jeanie signed a 4 years deal with an inexperienced coach.

I am really hope we didn’t pay him much, and can consider getting rid of him this season and pursue someone like Nurse or Udoka
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:09 pm    Post subject:

I am really hope that someone loans you enough to rent a clue…
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:16 pm    Post subject:

2 reasons lakers might not win the ring this season

1. If AD or Bron get injured
2. Ham's fetish with small ball
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Lakers pretty need everyone healthy to have a chance. Their role players make a huge impact.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

I have watched the Lakers since 95.
Watched our 6 championships.
There has been never a Lakers coach that I don’t trust so much in the playoff.

Phil always give me confidence that he can zen trick all his players into maximum performance. And Phil had a competent staff. Phil not only knew how to manipulate his players into maximum efficiency, he can also play mind games with the ref too. The dude was playing 4D chess.
Sure he had his issues too, but I was always confident with him at the helm.

Vogel had bad game plan in the first game of every series, but he adjust so well, and he really grow as a coach as we went deeper into the playoff. The dude wasn’t like a hall of fame coach, but you can tell he knows what he is doing.

The only Lakers coach that I felt remotely close to Ham is Luke Walton.

Just stubborn as hell with no success to back it up either, except they think their success as assistant coach gives them the right as a head coach.

From Ham interview to his in game performance, I can just tell the dude is incompetent as a head coach.

You can say this is just from my experience.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Phil always give me confidence that he can zen trick all his players into maximum performance. And Phil had a competent staff. Phil not only knew how to manipulate his players into maximum efficiency, he can also play mind games with the ref too. The dude was playing 4D chess.

Vogel had bad game plan in the first game of every series, but he adjust so well, and he really grow as a coach as we went deeper into the playoff. The dude wasn’t like a hall of fame coach, but you can tell he knows what he is doing.

Just stubborn as hell with no success to back it up either, except they think their success as assistant coach gives them the right as a head coach.

From Ham interview to his in game performance, I can just tell the dude is incompetent as a head coach.

Darvin ham has a winning record incompetent coaches don’t have winning records

He’s inexperienced but that’s to be expected

His lineups aren’t always perfect. I pointed that out.

But what he is doing is working

I realize that this point that you’re too stubborn to come off your stance, just know that it makes you look very foolish
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:31 am    Post subject:

We need another win. Not gonna be easy.

Surprised I am seeing so much speculation about a round 2 opponent on this board when we still have to win another game against a very good Memphis team. Not gonna be easy so I am not looking ahead. Hope the team is more focused on Memphis.

Go Lakers!
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:40 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I realize that this point that you’re too stubborn to come off your stance, just know that it makes you look very foolish

Luke Walton 73-9 Warrior says hi
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:46 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I can say that your experience seems to omit a massive amount of data.

The Lakers made massive changes on the fly and have gotten to a pretty good place after horrid roster construction put them in a deep hole.

The Lakers play demonic defense... why people overlook this and think that coaching is unimportant on that end of the court, I'll never know.

He's brought in new players and integrated them well.

The Lakers are up 3-1 against the #2 seed in the West.

What on God's green Earth is your problem?
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

You keep looking at exceptions to the rule, and try to portray them off as the norm. You really need to stop doing that because it makes you look stupid.

As a norm, if the head coach for a team is horrible, he loses the locker room Darvin ham would be the exact opposite of that. There have been plenty of opportunities this year, to lose the locker room with all of the injuries, the fact that we had an unbalanced roster at the beginning of the season and he still always had these guys playing hard
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:24 pm    Post subject:

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:37 pm    Post subject:

This (bleep) small ball lineup
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

You keep looking at exceptions to the rule, and try to portray them off as the norm. You really need to stop doing that because it makes you look stupid.

As a norm, if the head coach for a team is horrible, he loses the locker room Darvin ham would be the exact opposite of that. There have been plenty of opportunities this year, to lose the locker room with all of the injuries, the fact that we had an unbalanced roster at the beginning of the season and he still always had these guys playing hard

Losing the Lockers room is exaggerated.
At this point, a lot of players are playing for their next contract.

And only person you can lose is Lebron, no one else can say (bleep).

And Lebron built his own bed with this coaching situation.
The dude got Westbrick here and drove away Vogel.

It is gonna make him look really bad if he were to drive away Ham right away.

Steve Nash was a horrible coach, and it even took 2+ season for Durant to finally have enough.

It would be too late for us if it comes to that
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Steve Nash was a horrible coach, and it even took 2+ season for Durant to finally have enough.

First of all, I am in no way, saying that Frank Vogel was a bad coach. I didn’t like it whenever he got fired.

Second, I also agree that the west brick thing was LeBron made, and he hast to own net pelinka to for that matter for allowing it to happen

But we’re past that now Darvin ham should be judged on his own record and his own merits as a rookie head coach with a winning record. Even after tonight’s loss, he still up 3 to two against the second seeded team in the West.

I don’t agree with everything that ham is doing right now, but his work needs to be looked at as a whole
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

First of all, I am in no way, saying that Frank Vogel was a bad coach. I didn’t like it whenever he got fired.

Second, I also agree that the west brick thing was LeBron made, and he hast to own net pelinka to for that matter for allowing it to happen

But we’re past that now Darvin ham should be judged on his own record and his own merits as a rookie head coach with a winning record. Even after tonight’s loss, he still up 3 to two against the second seeded team in the West.

I don’t agree with everything that ham is doing right now, but his work needs to be looked at as a whole

I don’t like to jump to conclusion as well.

But when I see a dumb coach, I can recognize it.

Vogel had some brain farts too during the playoff, but at no point I lost belief in him like I do on Ham.

Even though we are up 3-2. If you look at every game, we are fighting with a handicap with Ham small ball lineup and refusal to play Mo Bamba for 10 mins.

Essentially every game we have to win it like 2-3 times since our small ball lineup (Lebron at 5) give up so much ground to the Grizzlies.

AD is not meant to be used as a full time 5. He ain’t built that way.

But Ham is using him as the ONLY 5!

Wtf?! The dude got some serious mental issue with playing big.

Most likely we will beat Grizzlies in 6.
You and a lot of people will hate me for saying this, but if Ham can get fired for losing in round 1, it would be beneficial for us to lose to the Grizzlies.

Round 1 victory just ain’t enough for the Lakers.

And Ham gives us 0 chance to win the championship this year unless every round the opponent have star player injured.

With Ham current lineup and rotation, he is gonna risk more injury to both AD and Lebron.

I can see the criticism coming now.
But if Ham is still our coach next season, I will probably stop watching like when I stopped watching after we traded for Westbrick.

leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:57 pm    Post subject:

The lead is cut to 1.

Ham sub Besley to AD, all hell broke lose after that.

WTF.

Guard replacing a center. A guard who cant even hit an open 3. smh
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:00 am    Post subject:

i guess he got the not calling timeouts thing from bud
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:14 am    Post subject:

2 more games of this ham idiot rotation and Lakers will witness another 3-1 choke.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:21 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I don’t like to jump to conclusion as well.

But when I see a dumb coach, I can recognize it.

Vogel had some brain farts too during the playoff, but at no point I lost belief in him like I do on Ham.

Even though we are up 3-2. If you look at every game, we are fighting with a handicap with Ham small ball lineup and refusal to play Mo Bamba for 10 mins.

Essentially every game we have to win it like 2-3 times since our small ball lineup (Lebron at 5) give up so much ground to the Grizzlies.

AD is not meant to be used as a full time 5. He ain’t built that way.

But Ham is using him as the ONLY 5!

Wtf?! The dude got some serious mental issue with playing big.

Most likely we will beat Grizzlies in 6.
You and a lot of people will hate me for saying this, but if Ham can get fired for losing in round 1, it would be beneficial for us to lose to the Grizzlies.

Round 1 victory just ain’t enough for the Lakers.

And Ham gives us 0 chance to win the championship this year unless every round the opponent have star player injured.

With Ham current lineup and rotation, he is gonna risk more injury to both AD and Lebron.

I can see the criticism coming now.
But if Ham is still our coach next season, I will probably stop watching like when I stopped watching after we traded for Westbrick.

No, you won’t because the team will be winning
This team has the best record since the trade deadline. If they had this group of players since the beginning of the season, we’d probably have the number one seed.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:22 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
2 more games of this ham idiot rotation and Lakers will witness another 3-1 choke.

Next game will be at home
Memphis is bad on the road
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:27 am    Post subject:

He's no Bill Walsh
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:19 am    Post subject:

When they win at home to close this first round series out, I want this thread stickied.

Just so this user is forced to give Darvin his flowers.

- first playoff win on the road (those are the toughest)
- play-in #7 seed vs #2 seed
- no injuries to key players on either team

I don’t understand the hatred

- is the team not enjoyable to watch?
- has the team not exceeded your expectations?

Darvin inherited a roster that had won just 33 games the season before. He didn’t inherit the #1 seed.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:33 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
When they win at home to close this first round series out, I want this thread stickied.

Just so this user is forced to give Darvin his flowers.

- first playoff win on the road (those are the toughest)
- play-in #7 seed vs #2 seed
- no injuries to key players on either team

I don’t understand the hatred

- is the team not enjoyable to watch?
- has the team not exceeded your expectations?

Darvin inherited a roster that had won just 33 games the season before. He didn’t inherit the #1 seed.

The bolded is incorrect. The team 21-10 (18-8 regular season) since trading Westbrook. That's a top 3-4 team in the entire league during that time span.

Bucks 21-7 (regular season)
76ers 20-9
Celtics 18-9
Lakers 18-9
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10
Jump to: