Prediction: Ham is going to fail us in the play-in or first round this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:35 am    Post subject:

Darvin inherited a lottery team. Not the #1 seed.

FACTS

Last edited by JUST-MING on Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:36 am; edited 4 times in total
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:35 am    Post subject:

He did it!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:37 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Darvin inherited a lottery team.

With Westbrook/Bev, yes.

But they're tied for 3rd in the NBA since Westbrook was traded. 18-8 in the regular season. So no, he did not end up inheriting a lottery team at the end.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
So no, he did not end up inheriting a lottery team at the end.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/history/season-by-season-records/

Official record: 33 - 49

Official draft position: #8

2021-22 Lakers were a lottery team — by official league records.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Hang on, that doesn't make sense. He inherited a lottery team. That's a fact. The lottery team got upgraded at the trade deadline. That's also a fact.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:18 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Hang on, that doesn't make sense. He inherited a lottery team. That's a fact. The lottery team got upgraded at the trade deadline. That's also a fact.

That’s literally what I said. 🤷🏻
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:48 am    Post subject:

I am not a Walker fan, but he deserves some run before Beasley.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

With Westbrook/Bev, yes.

But they're tied for 3rd in the NBA since Westbrook was traded. 18-8 in the regular season. So no, he did not end up inheriting a lottery team at the end.

He did inherit a lottery team. That team added players at the trade deadline.

You can't say he "inherited" the 18-8 team because he was the coach of the 18-8 squad and part of their success. So there is no way to separate Ham and the performance of the players we got at the trade deadline.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:16 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

With Westbrook/Bev, yes.

You can't say he "inherited" the 18-8 team because he was the coach of the 18-8 squad and part of their success. So there is no way to separate Ham and the performance of the players we got at the trade deadline.

We are spilling way too much semantical blood here.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

With Westbrook/Bev, yes.

I guess I don't understand what point you are trying to make, but that's cool.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:48 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I am not a Walker fan, but he deserves some run before Beasley.

Nah, give the min to Wenyen. Just play a bigger lineup. What's the point of "better spacing" if:
1) the spacing is still bad regardless
2) the shooter isn't making any 3s?

At least Wenyen gives you disruption on defense and some presence on the offensive boards on offense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:56 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

With Westbrook/Bev, yes.

I acknowledged that Ham had a terrible team to start the year.

But he didn't finish the year with a terrible team.

Not exactly a controversial take.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:08 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
When they win at home to close this first round series out, I want this thread stickied.

Just so this user is forced to give Darvin his flowers.

- first playoff win on the road (those are the toughest)
- play-in #7 seed vs #2 seed
- no injuries to key players on either team

I don’t understand the hatred

- is the team not enjoyable to watch?
- has the team not exceeded your expectations?

Darvin inherited a roster that had won just 33 games the season before. He didn’t inherit the #1 seed.

Memphis have 2 big man injuried.
And Ja is playing with one handicapped hand, which is his shooting hand.

I dont care about enjoyable or not, sure Ham makes it hard for us to win when we actually have the advantage, and make every game a rollercoaster, that is fine for casual fans or NBA, but I dont enjoy our coach artificially making it hard for us just so it is "enjoyable" I rather watch blowouts for the Lakers.

My expectation is compete for championship.
the only reason we cant do that is because we had the Westbrick anchor, once that was gone, and we added new fresh blood, we were back on track, no surprise.

My expectation is not first round victory and be happy, thats not a true Lakers fan.

Last year was punted by the Lakers, since the Westbrick debacle.
We fixed that by trade deadline, but Ham is still dead weight.

and you cannot compete for a championship unless Lebron is like 5 years younger, with a dead weight coach.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:19 am    Post subject:

Can't buy that Ja's shooting hand is handicapped when Ja scored 45 and 31. He also wouldn't be making 3s if is shooting hand is limiting him. He's shooting 46% from 3 in the series and is normally only 31% for the season.

Last edited by ducasse on Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Well . . . no, it isn't. It troubles me that I'm agreeing with Ming about something, but Ham did, in fact, inherit a lottery team.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:29 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Well . . . no, it isn't. It troubles me that I'm agreeing with Ming about something, but Ham did, in fact, inherit a lottery team.

He did inherit a lottery team and it's interesting that no one gives Ham any credit for how well the Lakers have played since the deadline.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:39 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I did say he inherited the team. But then the team at the end wasn't the same lotto team from the year before. Did you even read Ming's statement? He's using the 21-22 team (only remnants of that team was basically LBJ/AD/Russ) to make his point.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:41 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Can't buy that Ja's shooting hand is handicapped when Ja scored 45 and 31. He also wouldn't be making 3s if is shooting hand is limiting him. He's shooting 46% from 3 in the series and is normally only 31% for the season.

Yeah, it really is pretty laughable how much that is being forced down our throats.. He's had some of the best games of the Season in this series and is still wildly throwing his body all over the place under the basket all by himself. The outside shooting like you said is the most obvious factor though, I've never seen him look better...

I'm willing to bet both Bron and AD are likely more hampered by injuries then JA.

At the end of the day we're playing a damn good, tough as nails team and even if Ham didn't make some of the awful decisions he made I don't see a bunch of blowouts at all but we might have closed them out already. I don't think he's been quite as bad as some are saying but many of the mistakes he's making absolutely should not just continue to happen when literally everybody is seeing it and talking about it. The actual players need to step it up but it would be awesome if the coach helped them out a bit more along the way.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:31 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:

He did inherit a lottery team and it's interesting that no one gives Ham any credit for how well the Lakers have played since the deadline.

It seems a lot of people have anchored themselves to the idea that Ham sucks and any success the team has will be in spite of him, not because of him.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

With Westbrook/Bev, yes.

I acknowledged that Ham had a terrible team to start the year.

But he didn't finish the year with a terrible team.

Not exactly a controversial take.

Yeah, the problem is your line: "So no, he did not end up inheriting a lottery team at the end." That was the convoluted part.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:59 pm    Post subject:

“We had some untimely possessions where we didn’t finish with a rebound,” Ham said. “They were able to get one, maybe two offensive rebounds in that stretch. A team like that, they thrive off those hustle plays, the 50-50 balls. They have enough scoring output where, if you give them second and third chances at it, they’re going to make you pay. I just thought some of those unfortunate defensive possessions where we couldn’t finish with a rebound hurt us.

“But, overall, our guys came out tonight to compete and, again, we didn’t make enough shots. Some untimely turnovers and some untimely lack of defensive rebounding.”

- Hamster Meathead

WTF, he's clueless as fvck. Blame your rotation. What would you expect with Rui/Bron against JJJ/Tillman, dominate the boards; at the same time Ja is attacking them in the paint? lol

I will not be surprised if they choke this 3-1 lead with a meathead coach like ham.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
“We had some untimely possessions where we didn’t finish with a rebound,” Ham said. “They were able to get one, maybe two offensive rebounds in that stretch. A team like that, they thrive off those hustle plays, the 50-50 balls. They have enough scoring output where, if you give them second and third chances at it, they’re going to make you pay. I just thought some of those unfortunate defensive possessions where we couldn’t finish with a rebound hurt us.

“But, overall, our guys came out tonight to compete and, again, we didn’t make enough shots. Some untimely turnovers and some untimely lack of defensive rebounding.”

- Hamster Meathead

WTF, he's clueless as fvck. Blame your rotation. What would you expect with Rui/Bron against JJJ/Tillman, dominate the boards; at the same time Ja is attacking them in the paint? lol

I will not be surprised if they choke this 3-1 lead with a meathead coach like ham.

Exactly. What did he say that was wrong the Lakers shot poorly you’re not gonna be a team that is nearly undefeated at home whenever you can’t put the ball in the hoop.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:07 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:

- Hamster Meathead

Yeah, I had the same reaction and didn't post due to me already hammering him so much lately.. That's a pretty pathetic statement from a professional NBA Coach in the Playoffs to say the least.. He's on the sidelines watching every game and doesn't see it? He doesn't see/hear endless people constantly talking about it the past few Weeks? As a Lakers fan, it's just sad honestly.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
leking006 wrote:

- Hamster Meathead

Exactly. What did he say that was wrong the Lakers shot poorly you’re not gonna be a team that is nearly undefeated at home whenever you can’t put the ball in the hoop.

lmfao, so you expecting Bron to rebound 20+ rebounds again? Com'on bron will never be a big center, what more at his current age. Ham doesnt have accountability but instead blame it on the undersized player's lack of rebounding and shooting, then why kept on using Beasley?) lol

He knows what is the problem and he's not doing something about it. Meathead doesn't know how to adjust. If this is vogel, we gonna see an adjustment every game.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:53 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
leking006 wrote:

- Hamster Meathead

Yeah, I had the same reaction and didn't post due to me already hammering him so much lately.. That's a pretty pathetic statement from a professional NBA Coach in the Playoffs to say the least.. He's on the sidelines watching every game and doesn't see it? He doesn't see/hear endless people constantly talking about it the past few Weeks? As a Lakers fan, it's just sad honestly.

The thing is, Ham doesn't even get to use that excuse of being clueless about his HORRIBLE small ball lineups. He can go to NBA.com and look it up for free how bad small ball is for us in this series.

When the coach has AD and another forward on the floor, or AD and two forwards, or even three forwards when AD rests, we can be good to great. The key is to have no more than two guard-sized Lakers on the court (6'6" or less) at any given time, but definitely have AD and another big if he goes with three guards.

When he puts out Lebron, Rui and three guards, we get absolutely destroyed, and it is one of our most used rotations! I said this snippet below about our chances to go far before the playoffs started, and I stand by it until we play our very last game:

joeblow wrote:
A lot depends on A} the Lakers' health, and B} Ham's defensive effectiveness with his substitution patterns,...

We won the 2020 championship with LeBron and AD by playing bigger than our opponents in the playoffs. When will Darvin Ham get that through his head?!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10
Jump to: