*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves (03/31/23 @ 5:00 pm PT) Gm#77 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:34 am    Post subject:

Minnesota born and raised and visiting my folks in MN now and can tell you friends and family are very excited about this one, as are Wolves fans. Talk about this being one of the biggest regular season games in the past decade, comparing it to the game when Rubio injured his knee as a rookie (also against Lakers) and when they won game 82 against Denver. Target Center will be rocking so hopefully it's a fast start for the Lakers to silence some of that.
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:55 am    Post subject:

I've also been tweaking buddies over the over-the-top praise of Conley and the shots at DLo. Conley changed the culture. Such an improvement! Everything is different now!

The Wolves were...1 game over .500 when they dealt Russell.

The Wolves now are...1 game over .500.

They've had some nice wins -- at GSW and SAC were outstanding. They've also had miserable losses that rival anything the Lakers have done.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:18 am    Post subject:

This is Minnesota's injury list according to ESPN, who are about as accurate as the weatherman. I have more faith in TDRock. We should win tonight if this list is anywhere near right. I expect Dlo to go off. Expect a whole lot of LGSRS

Minnesota Timberwolves injuries.

NAME POS DATE STATUS COMMENT

Naz Reid C Mar 31 Out Reid (wrist) is expected to miss a significant period of time, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.

Matt Ryan F Mar 30 Out Ryan (illness) is questionable for Friday's game against the Lakers.

Austin Rivers SG Mar 30 Day-To-Day Rivers (illness) is questionable for Friday's matchup against the Lakers.

Taurean Prince PF Mar 30 Day-To-Day Prince (illness) is questionable for Friday's matchup against the Lakers.

Jaylen Nowell SG Mar 30 Day-To-Day Nowell (knee) is questionable for Friday's matchup against the Lakers.

Kyle Anderson SF Mar 30 Day-To-Day Anderson (illness) is probable for Friday's game against the Lakers.

Karl-Anthony Towns C Mar 30 Day-To-Day Towns (calf) is probable for Friday's game against the Lakers.

Anthony Edwards SG Mar 30 Day-To-Day

GO LAKERS !!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:33 am    Post subject:

I don't think we have enough bigs to win this game. Minny is really solid. Unfortunately that likely means we'd have to beat the Wolves on their home floor in our first playoff game to advance anyway.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:39 am    Post subject:

The twin towers for Minnesota should be an interesting matchup.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:44 am    Post subject:

Really feel good about this one. Think this one is ours.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:52 am    Post subject:

As always, I would feel better if we had one more legitimate center
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:00 am    Post subject:

If Malik Beasley scores at least 10 points we win
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:09 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:

The Lakers (still not absolved of not having a true backup big) need to do what all other teams do to Gobert. Put him in space and watch him trip and fall all over the place until he goes to the bench.

Problem solved.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:18 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:

the size is not the issue, everyone keep talking about Gobert, but the strength of Minny is really their wing defense. ANT is an awesome defender, Jaden McDaniels is even better than him, basically he is Vando with a 3 point shot.
we need to get Rudy Gobert in PNRs like every other team. they are far from unbeatable.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:24 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

we need to get Rudy Gobert in PNRs like every other team. they are far from unbeatable.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:02 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
This is Minnesota's injury list according to ESPN, who are about as accurate as the weatherman. I have more faith in TDRock. We should win tonight if this list is anywhere near right. I expect Dlo to go off. Expect a whole lot of LGSRS

Naz Reid C Mar 31 Out Reid (wrist) is expected to miss a significant period of time, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.

Matt Ryan F Mar 30 Out Ryan (illness) is questionable for Friday's game against the Lakers.

Austin Rivers SG Mar 30 Day-To-Day Rivers (illness) is questionable for Friday's matchup against the Lakers.

Taurean Prince PF Mar 30 Day-To-Day Prince (illness) is questionable for Friday's matchup against the Lakers.

Jaylen Nowell SG Mar 30 Day-To-Day Nowell (knee) is questionable for Friday's matchup against the Lakers.

Kyle Anderson SF Mar 30 Day-To-Day Anderson (illness) is probable for Friday's game against the Lakers.

Karl-Anthony Towns C Mar 30 Day-To-Day Towns (calf) is probable for Friday's game against the Lakers.

GO LAKERS !!!

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

GO LAKERS !!!

Let me save you the suspense. They will all play!
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:12 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
jodeke wrote:

GO LAKERS !!!

Yup, except for Naz
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:21 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LOL! Thanks

Yeah I posted a couple of days ago and then again yesterday the official injury reports from the Timberwolves PR and they've been listing everyone as "Illness" for a while now. So either they've got the plague sweeping through their team and we need to watch out or there is some major LGSRS coming up. LOL
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:26 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
defense wrote:
jodeke wrote:

GO LAKERS !!!

Yup, except for Naz

maybe he gets surgery after playing us tonight, lol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:19 am    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
If Malik Beasley scores at least 10 points we win

He goes off today for 10 3s shooting a scorching 71%

Lakers win
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:31 am    Post subject:

A Must win.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:52 am    Post subject:

Interesting matchups for the Lakers today if everybody except Reid plays, which I fully expect. I assume they're starting Gobert along with KAT at the 4?

I like Lebron on KAT more than I like Vando, and I think we need Vando on Edwards for sure. I'm assuming he's going to play.

AD on Gobert of course, he can sag off and help out.

SF is McDaniels or Anderson which I think we put Reaves on, right? Either way its a tough matchup here. I think Lebron matches up better but I'd prefer him on whomever their 4 is.

DLo on Conley is a nobrainer, and I like his size against Conley.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:59 am    Post subject:

Go lakers
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:15 pm    Post subject:

The TWolves are pretty small if they get quick fouls on Gobert. Just attack the basket a lot and have Reaves run into his screens on the other side.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Tough to see why we're favored tonight to be honest. Hope I'm wrong.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Prediction: We will win this game pretty easily.

With our full squad, we just have too much firepower.

Though Ham might make it hard for us.

Please have Lebron guard KAT instead of Vando.

Use Vando on Edward to shut him down.

Their size doesn’t worry me that much, they can’t have 2 big man all camp in the paint, it would clog up everything.

Just have AD guard whoever is in the paint.
Lebron can float in the perimeter guarding KAT.

Our starters would run them off the court if we keep the same lineup.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:39 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Tough to see why we're favored tonight to be honest. Hope I'm wrong.

It looks like the Wolves entire team is sick. Several guys were just downgraded to questionable.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Towns downgraded to questionable, what the heck? What the hell is this illness that’s going on with the Wolves now?

Should we be concerned about playing them just due to THAT alone?
- sign and trade DLO to not lose value
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot

Call it an offseason
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 2 of 45
Jump to: