*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers (04/05/23 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm# 80 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Smoothness101 wrote:
Any indication if Kings will rest against Warriors. That's our best chance at the 6th. Tomorrow doesn't look promising.

Both mem and sac have 3 very tough games left. Tomorrow is sac @dal, mem -at- NOP
Neither team will go light tomorrow, SAC trails by 2 games but own the tie breaker. We will know a lot more about this after tomorrow
If Mem loses and SAC wins, they will go hard for the 2 seed. Their loss to the spurs 2 days ago took a lot of steam out of them.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:40 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
If LeBron, AD and DLO are able to play, they have to play. No excuses.

If we win, we take over fifth place in the West, but a loss here could single-handedly force us to go through the play-in tournament.

If you guys want to load manage LeBron and AD, we can do it next week by getting the sixth seed and bypassing the play-in tournament.

Do you really want AD who still has the bone spur in his foot and hasn’t played back to backs in over 4 months, also played 42 minutes tonight to play again tomorrow?
Do you really want LBJ who came back 1 week ago from a tore tendon in his foot to play back to back after tonight?
I know I wouldn’t. I hope DLO and mamba can play tomorrow and we try our best. Clippers isn’t exactly lighting the world on fire nowadays
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:49 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

If we win, we take over fifth place in the West, but a loss here could single-handedly force us to go through the play-in tournament.

If you guys want to load manage LeBron and AD, we can do it next week by getting the sixth seed and bypassing the play-in tournament.

Do you really want AD who still has the bone spur in his foot and hasn’t played back to backs in over 4 months, also played 42 minutes tonight to play again tomorrow?
Do you really want LBJ who came back 1 week ago from a tore tendon in his foot to play back to back after tonight?
I know I wouldn’t. I hope DLO and mamba can play tomorrow and we try our best. Clippers isn’t exactly lighting the world on fire nowadays

AD was reportedly cleared by the medical staff to play this set of back-to-back games.

There shouldn't be any concern about LeBron playing on Wednesday unless his feet feel really bad.

If we lose this game, we could also lose on Friday to the Suns. We shouldn't assume the Suns will sit out their guys if they have already clinched the fourth seed. If I were them I wouldn't since they have to get used to playing with KD.

That would mean we would finish with 42 wins, which most likely means we have to be in the play-in tournament. That would mean one or two more games next week.

But if we take the Clippers game seriously, we could finish sixth and get a full week of rest.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:56 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

AD was reportedly cleared by the medical staff to play this set of back-to-back games.

There shouldn't be any concern about LeBron playing on Wednesday unless his feet feel really bad.

If we lose this game, we could also lose on Friday to the Suns. We shouldn't assume the Suns will sit out their guys if they have already clinched the fourth seed. If I were them I wouldn't since they have to get used to playing with KD.

That would mean we would finish with 42 wins, which most likely means we have to be in the play-in tournament. That would mean one or two more games next week.

But if we take the Clippers game seriously, we could finish sixth and get a full week of rest.

Again, do you really want to play them knowing the injury situation and neither has played back to backs in a while? It is not worth the risk, if we can get the 7th seed or 8th seed, that should be good enough. Although we officially clinched the 9th seed, it is really 8th because NOP plays MIN last game and one of them will fall below the lakers unless lakers lose all 3 games.

Also they looked exhausted tonight, so they should rest tomorrow.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:04 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Again, do you really want to play them knowing the injury situation and neither has played back to backs in a while? It is not worth the risk, if we can get the 7th seed or 8th seed, that should be good enough. Although we officially clinched the 9th seed, it is really 8th because NOP plays MIN last game and one of them will fall below the lakers unless lakers lose all 3 games.

Also they looked exhausted tonight, so they should rest tomorrow.

It depends on how they feel tomorrow. Of course we shouldn't do anything crazy; if LeBron's feet feel terrible, they can think about sitting him out. I'm not concerned about AD though. He's been back for more than a month and he hasn't shown any ill effects of that bone spur.

But if they're good enough to play, they have to play. We must treat each of these last three games as must-wins.

Would you be happy with having to go through the play-in tournament?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:09 am    Post subject:

^
As much as I hate the Clippers and as much as the game is highly important, I agree with mad. It's practically a scheduled loss. I think D'lo will play, and if we can keep the game competitive, sure, you take your shot with the rest of the guys. If it gets out of hand, you get D'lo out of there too.

We're playing again on Friday, too, so that will be 3 games in 4 days. Hell, then we play on Sunday, so that's 4 games in 6 days. We've come this far with not playing AD on b2b's and now LeBron has come back clearly nowhere near 100%. If we play these guys tomorrow, the odds of re-injury go up significantly, not to mention that we run the risk of them having tired legs in a game against Phoenix on Friday, and who knows, we could still get back up to the 6 spot if the Kings don't rest people and try to beat the Warriors that night.

Listening to LeBron's post-game comments, I am about 90% sure that he's not going to play against the Clippers. And given our management of AD, even in an extremely winnable game against Houston recently, I'm about 80% sure he's not playing, either.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:12 am    Post subject:

D-Fish and Worthy saying they feel that AD won’t play tomorrow considering he played over 40+ mins tonight with a sore ankle...
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:15 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
As much as I hate the Clippers and as much as the game is highly important, I agree with mad. It's practically a scheduled loss. I think D'lo will play, and if we can keep the game competitive, sure, you take your shot with the rest of the guys. If it gets out of hand, you get D'lo out of there too.

We're playing again on Friday, too, so that will be 3 games in 4 days. Hell, then we play on Sunday, so that's 4 games in 6 days. We've come this far with not playing AD on b2b's and now LeBron has come back clearly nowhere near 100%. If we play these guys tomorrow, the odds of re-injury go up significantly, not to mention that we run the risk of them having tired legs in a game against Phoenix on Friday, and who knows, we could still get back up to the 6 spot if the Kings don't rest people and try to beat the Warriors that night.

Listening to LeBron's post-game comments, I am about 90% sure that he's not going to play against the Clippers. And given our management of AD, even in an extremely winnable game against Houston recently, I'm about 80% sure he's not playing, either.

Do you think LeBron and/or AD would play against the Clippers if it were a playoff game?

At the very least, I hope both of them want to play in this game, even if they're held out. This team needs to have a serious sense of urgency knowing what's possible moving forward. In all likelihood, they're not winning the chip this year, but with the extreme parity in the West, it's possible.

I really can't stand load management, especially at this time of the season. It seems lazy and even self-entitled, and it speaks to a losing mindset.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:25 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Do you think LeBron and/or AD would play against the Clippers if it were a playoff game?

At the very least, I hope both of them want to play in this game, even if they're held out. This team needs to have a serious sense of urgency knowing what's possible moving forward. In all likelihood, they're not winning the chip this year, but with the extreme parity in the West, it's possible.

I really can't stand load management, especially at this time of the season. It seems lazy and even self-entitled, and it speaks to a losing mindset.

I think this goes beyond load management. Guys are taking games off left and right who aren't actually INJURED, per se. Davis probably needs surgery in the offseason and LeBron is most definitely playing hurt. Even if Davis is pain-free, LeBron is legitimately playing through something difficult. I just think it's a bridge too far to ask these dudes to play on the second night of a b2b under these circumstances. The fact is that it's NOT a playoff game, and it's not a literal must-win.

And, of course, a playoff game would never be a b2b. Given that just one win in our final 3 at least guarantees us the 8 spot, and that a Golden State loss Friday puts us back in control for the 6 spot, I just think that we aren't going to push these guys.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:22 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

I think this goes beyond load management. Guys are taking games off left and right who aren't actually INJURED, per se. Davis probably needs surgery in the offseason and LeBron is most definitely playing hurt. Even if Davis is pain-free, LeBron is legitimately playing through something difficult. I just think it's a bridge too far to ask these dudes to play on the second night of a b2b under these circumstances. The fact is that it's NOT a playoff game, and it's not a literal must-win.

And, of course, a playoff game would never be a b2b. Given that just one win in our final 3 at least guarantees us the 8 spot, and that a Golden State loss Friday puts us back in control for the 6 spot, I just think that we aren't going to push these guys.

You and mad55557777 made fair points. I just don't think we should automatically sit out LeBron and AD. It should depend on how they feel tomorrow.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:02 am    Post subject:

We can win without LJ. We can not win without AD.
Sportsplayer111
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:52 am    Post subject: *** Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers (04/05/23 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm# 80 ***

Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers
6th April 2023 ; Thursday
Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles, CA

Predictions for Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers :

The Los Angeles Lakers (40-38, 7th in the West) and Los Angeles Clippers (41-38, 5th in the West) will square off at the Crypto.com Arena on Wednesday night to continue the fight for Los Angeles. With three victories thus far this season, the Los Angeles Clippers have controlled the season series. Tuesday nights game in Utah will be the second of a back-to-back for the Lakers. The Los Angeles Clippers are currently 12-point road favorites after a straightforward 134-109 victory in Houston Rockets and watched to be able to access the basketball most popular teams seems like that the Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Streams Live updated here.

Previews for Los Angeles Lakers :

The Lakers are fighting hard to avoid participating in the play-in competition. The Lakers, who are presently ranked seventh in the West, take on Utah on Tuesday night. This story was written prior to the end of the game. The Clippers and Warriors, who now hold the fifth and sixth spots in the conference, are only a half game ahead of the Lakers. Anthony Davis led the Lakers in their most recent game against the Rockets with 40 points and 9 rebounds. After scoring 40 and 9 against Houston, 38 and 17 against Minnesota, and 38 and 9 against Chicago, Anthony Davis was awarded Player of the Week. Three victories in a row. In his most recent game against Chicago, Davis shot 15-20 from the field, which is outstanding. After making his comeback from injury, LeBron James has participated in four games. In the victory over Houston, he had a triple double with 18 points, 10 rebounds, and 11 assists. After being added to the starting lineup, Austin Reaves has scored more points per game than his 12.5 average in the past four contests. With his defensive pressure, Jarred Vanderbilt has energized this group and will probably start by guarding Kawhi Leonard and watched to be able to access the basketball most popular teams seems like that the Los Angeles Lakers NBA Streams Live updated here.

Previews for Los Angeles Clippers :

The Clippers return to Los Angeles after losing their last two games on the road. The Clippers lost in Memphis by 14 and in New Orleans by 8. Against the Pelicans, Kawhi Leonard was able to score 40 points but it was not enough as Brandon Ingram had 36 to lead New Orleans to the victory. The Clippers are playing shorthanded as Paul George is still out with a knee injury and will be sidelined for at least 2 more weeks. The Clippers' highest available scorer, Kawhi Leonard, averages 23.7 PPG. In his last three games, he has combined to go 9-17 from beyond the arc, demonstrating good recent three-point shooting. Russell Westbrook's recent play has been inconsistent; he only scored four points in 26 minutes against the Grizzlies, but two days prior, he had 36 points and 10 assists against the same Memphis club. Normal Powell, who now averages 16.5 PPG but hasn't scored more than 16 in his previous five games, has to boost his productivity to replace George's. The Los Angeles Clippers perimeter shooters account for the majority of their scoring, although Ivan Zubac and Mason Plumlee both see time at the center position and watched to be able to access the basketball most popular teams seems like that the Los Angeles Clippers NBA Streams Live updated here.

JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:00 am    Post subject:

Is this the biggest hallway series game in history? Both teams desperately fighting for a playoff spot.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:12 am    Post subject:

Japanese Kahwi vs load managing Kahwi

Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:37 am    Post subject:

I don't want to get my hopes up and just enjoy the 6th seed for a few more hours...

EDIT: Man, I thought we were 6th seed. The standings I was looking at didn't include the Warriors win last night.

Last edited by Gellollo on Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:00 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

With that kind of thinking, what you would do? Shut them down for the season and schedule the surgeries? GTFOH!!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:02 am    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
I don't want to get my hopes up and just enjoy the 6th seed for a few more hours...

Lakers aren't seeded 6th right now. Clips have the tiebreaker. Thats why they need to win to create separation so the tiebreaker doesn't come into effect.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:11 am    Post subject:

Debating whether to watch. It will be a late game for me and I don't know that I can deal with the stress on a Wednesday.

RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:12 am    Post subject:

We can rest after tonight or next week. Hopefully, its next week.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:31 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Debating whether to watch. It will be a late game for me and I don't know that I can deal with the stress on a Wednesday.

Taco Tuesday, Wednesday Whiskey
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:05 am    Post subject:

If they are able to play, they should play. If injured or restricted due to injuries then they should sit out. Simple as that.

The clips game is important for a team on a roll and trying to avoid a play-in game. That should remain the focus. Lock up the 6th seed and then they can rest.

I love how confident some of you are that a win in the play-in is a given. Did you watch the game last night? Lakers are struggling to find their rhythm and chemistry. They are susceptible to get beaten in a one and done situation.

Get the 6th seed, then worry about rest. They are much more dangerous in a series.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:32 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Defense, I’m not sure how this one will be strategized:

1. Load managing LeGrandpa and day to Davis makes sense for tonight

2. Are the clippers going to play seeding manipulation to avoid #5? I think they own the tiebreaker with GS.

We will find out pretty quickly what each team is thinking. It may just be a preseason type game with Russ going after a triple double.

Edit: on #1 I would add Reaves to the list. If they have lingering issue, you don’t want to push it. The game last night didn’t go as planned with low minutes and blow out but it is what it is.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:04 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

With that kind of thinking, what you would do? Shut them down for the season and schedule the surgeries? GTFOH!!

Sit them tonight, simple as that.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:08 am    Post subject:

If we sit the main guys tonight and it’s nothing but rest then we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. Give it to Utah and let the team enjoy Cancun.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:10 am    Post subject:

I think we can all agree that back to backs should be blasted out of the NBA next season
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 2 of 45
Jump to: