Analyzing the AD deal 4 years later
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:38 pm    Post subject:

We should do what the clippers do so we can close that gap
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
AD for Giannis!!!!

. . . only if Milwaukee tosses in 4 FRP.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:49 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
We should do what the clippers do so we can close that gap

Do we know how big the gap is

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject:

The lakers have won 70% of the playoff games that Bron and AD have played together
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 12:38 am    Post subject:

This thread lol
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 10:41 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Obviously AD proved to be better in hindsight than anyone other than Jimmy. Kyrie went nuts, Kawhi was hurt more than AD, but the principle of the two elites with depth was the best path.

If we had LBJ, BI, a healthy Lonzo, Josh Hart, Garland, two picks to trade and a second elite it would have been better.

But Lonzo especially and BI to a lesser degree were unhealthy so that mitigated a lot of the damage from the trade... If Lonzo was healthy, it goes from an overpay to a terrible overpay. Not because AD wasn't great, but just because it was too much for a player who is available the following year.

Well the Pelicans could have easily built something successful, we gave them the pieces. Garland, BI, Zion, McCollum, whatever they could get for Zo, and a few more picks. Plus their own picks since they were lottery. They missed a chance to make what OKC or Memphis has/had, but also injuries played a part..they are still a talented bunch, so maybe things align for them.

As for us, I don't know about keeping those players. I mean obviously Lonzo is not healthy, and BI misses games as well. Hart was a solid piece but replaceable. Garland would have been nice but this is the year he'd have been paid, and James is still here on 47M. Another max, BI, Zo, I mean, there is only so much we could keep. Bane with the Schröder trade pick too. At one point we would have to cut some of these guys. And neither of them, add any 2 together, neither of them would have had the impact of Davis in that or this playoffs run. He's a different kind of special. Him, Bron and Kawhi was a better plan than Bron+someone+the kids. But we made the miscalculation of going after Kawhi, it should have been GOAT Jimmy

Everyone likes to clown the Pels and Clips but they were both better on paper until we made those trades.

Even now, I fear both of them healthy
, though with each passing year that seems to be less and less likely.

Bron, Jimmy, all those assets and picks... you are talking dynasty again.

But I'm happy with what we have... we have enough talent to offset every other day to day Davis.

PG, Kawhi, and Zion have all played less games than AD and BI has only averaged 8 games more per season over the last 4 years. When you throw out these hater AD labels even in the midst of a successful run while the Clips and Pels are sitting at home after another injury-riddled season, it is telling.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 10:58 am    Post subject:

AD for Shai !!!!!
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 11:01 am    Post subject:

There are some things that could have been negotiated better such as the possible swap of the 2024 pick for the 2025 pick but overall it is obvious that the Lakers won the trade even if we don't win this year.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 11:11 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Obviously AD proved to be better in hindsight than anyone other than Jimmy. Kyrie went nuts, Kawhi was hurt more than AD, but the principle of the two elites with depth was the best path.

If we had LBJ, BI, a healthy Lonzo, Josh Hart, Garland, two picks to trade and a second elite it would have been better.

But Lonzo especially and BI to a lesser degree were unhealthy so that mitigated a lot of the damage from the trade... If Lonzo was healthy, it goes from an overpay to a terrible overpay. Not because AD wasn't great, but just because it was too much for a player who is available the following year.

Well the Pelicans could have easily built something successful, we gave them the pieces. Garland, BI, Zion, McCollum, whatever they could get for Zo, and a few more picks. Plus their own picks since they were lottery. They missed a chance to make what OKC or Memphis has/had, but also injuries played a part..they are still a talented bunch, so maybe things align for them.

As for us, I don't know about keeping those players. I mean obviously Lonzo is not healthy, and BI misses games as well. Hart was a solid piece but replaceable. Garland would have been nice but this is the year he'd have been paid, and James is still here on 47M. Another max, BI, Zo, I mean, there is only so much we could keep. Bane with the Schröder trade pick too. At one point we would have to cut some of these guys. And neither of them, add any 2 together, neither of them would have had the impact of Davis in that or this playoffs run. He's a different kind of special. Him, Bron and Kawhi was a better plan than Bron+someone+the kids. But we made the miscalculation of going after Kawhi, it should have been GOAT Jimmy

Everyone likes to clown the Pels and Clips but they were both better on paper until we made those trades.

But I'm happy with what we have... we have enough talent to offset every other day to day Davis.

PG, Kawhi, and Zion have all played less games than AD and BI has only averaged 8 games more per season over the last 4 years. When you throw out these hater AD labels even in the midst of a successful run while the Clips and Pels are sitting at home after another injury-riddled season, it is telling.

Telling of what? I said almost the minute we completed that trade for DLo that we could win a title.

Go look it up if you want to slander me.

AD gets injured a lot... this is a fact. He also is a great player.

I've never debated AD's greatness as a player... I like him as a person more than 90% of the dudes in the league because he's humble and just lets his play do his talking. I'm glad he's on the team.

I just don't worship at the altar of any of these players or any religion for that matter so if I want to make a stupid pun, I will.

All I said is that we spent too much.

We've corrected the problem so I'm content moving forward.

If we do another dumb trade in the offseason I will say the same thing.

That's the problem with this country right now... if you don't agree with another's opinion 100% they try to smear you and deem you a heretic.

I love this team as it is currently constructed... I didn't like the team when it was LBJ/AD and random spare parts.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 11:18 am    Post subject:

Take the L dude
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 11:20 am    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Take the L dude

Love those from the peanut gallery that present zero information but just like to join in with their one sentence retorts.

We spent too much and corrected it.

Steve Jobs failed and then corrected it.

Just because you make a mistake and then correct it, doesn't mean you automatically made no mistakes in the past.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 12:27 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Take the L dude

Love those from the peanut gallery that present zero information but just like to join in with their one sentence retorts.

Just because you make a mistake and then correct it, doesn't mean you automatically made no mistakes in the past.

Alright Steve Jobs, take the L.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 12:32 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
gng930 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Telling of what? I said almost the minute we completed that trade for DLo that we could win a title.

Go look it up if you want to slander me.

AD gets injured a lot... this is a fact. He also is a great player.

I've never debated AD's greatness as a player... I like him as a person more than 90% of the dudes in the league because he's humble and just lets his play do his talking. I'm glad he's on the team.

I just don't worship at the altar of any of these players or any religion for that matter so if I want to make a stupid pun, I will.

All I said is that we spent too much.

We've corrected the problem so I'm content moving forward.

If we do another dumb trade in the offseason I will say the same thing.

That's the problem with this country right now... if you don't agree with another's opinion 100% they try to smear you and deem you a heretic.

I love this team as it is currently constructed... I didn't like the team when it was LBJ/AD and random spare parts.

Citing AD's injury history with a childish label while we're in the WCF and then hyping up the Clips and Pels' roster? I don't call that being content...that's just straight hating.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 12:35 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
I do enjoy debating, but I've covered every permutation of my arguments and I'm willing to stop if the "we won so it doesn't matter what we did" crowd stops posting.

It's an idiotic argument and I will continue to post against that thinking

You really don't see the hypocrisy here?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Boston not trading for AD was a colossal (bleep) up imo. Then again iirc AD's dad did what he could to stop that from happening iirc so maybe not
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 1:01 pm    Post subject:

haha @ someone berating AD about his injury history and then proceeding to hype tf out of Kawhi who imo is completely done as a #1 on a Contender. Even before the trade, the Pels might have been better but they were nowhere remotely close to being a Contender so that's pointless to even bring up. All the Clippers have is "what if's" as they've literally never won a meaningful thing as a Franchise in there entire existence.

The AD "street clothes" talk needs to die for good regardless of what happens if he delivers another Championship this Season.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 1:44 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I do enjoy debating, but I've covered every permutation of my arguments and I'm willing to stop if the "we won so it doesn't matter what we did" crowd stops posting.

It's an idiotic argument and I will continue to post against that thinking

You really don't see the hypocrisy here?

Touche.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 8:49 pm    Post subject:

We do this trade all day.

1 ring. 1 WCF and counting.

Getting Reaves in 2021 is like getting a lottery pick to me and if we keep our nucleus I think we can continue to compete next year too.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 8:53 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Take the L dude

You seriously comparing yourself to Steve Jobs and Apple in this context.

So maybe next time before I buy an iPhone or an airpod, I'll say u know what I should reconsider this since Steve Jobs almost ruined Apple the first go around. Yeah ... NO.

Maybe don't take the L... maybe it's time for a shrink.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Take the L dude

You seriously comparing yourself to Steve Jobs and Apple in this context.

So maybe next time before I buy an iPhone or an airpod, I'll say u know what I should reconsider this since Steve Jobs almost ruined Apple the first go around. Yeah ... NO.

Maybe don't take the L... maybe it's time for a shrink.

No, I said that the team overpaid and corrected it.

Maybe it's time for you to take a reading comprehension course.

To put it as simply as possible for you and others who keep trying to twist things.

Having AD is good

Giving up too many assets is not good.

We have corrected the problem so it's good.

If we trade all our assets for another star, depending on what we pay and who the star is I may or may not be happy.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

I admire your tenacity to defend a defenseless position regardless of how futile it is.

I also admire your determination to get the last word in no matter how asinine it is...reminds me a lot of my ex-wife.🤙🏽

#BannersOverBillboards
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:32 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
I admire your tenacity to defend a defenseless position regardless of how futile it is.

I also admire your determination to get the last word in no matter how asinine it is...reminds me a lot of my ex-wife.🤙🏽

As I said I'm ready to quit when you guys are.

Let the thread fall off the front page and I won't be the one to bump it.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:35 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

Then ask the mods for a lock.

We all support you doing it.

Well fought dude. Respect.

#BannersOverBillboards
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

Then ask the mods for a lock.

We all support you doing it.

Well fought dude. Respect.

The mods for the most part have abandoned this place.

And for the most part I think we've done okay without them.

They still clean up the most egregious posts but I prefer a less regulated environment.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 10:32 pm    Post subject:

So BILBJH wants us all to be able to disagree with each other without smearing. As long as you don't bring up something he doesn't agree with.

Last edited by gng930 on Sat May 13, 2023 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 19 of 28
Jump to: