*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies (04/16/23 @ 12:00 PM PT) 1st Round - Western Conference (Game #1) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smoothness101
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:57 pm    Post subject:

This team on extended rest is scary. High confidence we'd pull at least one win before returning to LA. Defense travels.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
This game is stacked.

We have so many shot creator.
Reaves, DLo, Lebron.
Schroder is ok at it too.

We got post presence: AD.
We got good shooting from role players: Rui, TBJ, Beasley

Like our top 8 rotation players, none of them are huge defensive liability or offensive liability.

Beasley is probably the crappiest defender in our rotation.
And Lebron tries to save his energy on defense, but when he turns it on, you can’t exploit Lebron.

I don’t think any other team in the playoff got so much options.

The only time we get screwed is that when Ham decide to play super small and let opponent feast.

Now we need someone to replace Beasley. MF is trash.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:59 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
This game is stacked.

We have so many shot creator.
Reaves, DLo, Lebron.
Schroder is ok at it too.

We got post presence: AD.
We got good shooting from role players: Rui, TBJ, Beasley

Like our top 8 rotation players, none of them are huge defensive liability or offensive liability.

Beasley is probably the crappiest defender in our rotation.
And Lebron tries to save his energy on defense, but when he turns it on, you can’t exploit Lebron.

I don’t think any other team in the playoff got so much options.

The only time we get screwed is that when Ham decide to play super small and let opponent feast.

Now we need someone to replace Beasley. MF is trash.

I'm going to agree with another poster on this...got a feeling he wins a game by just getting hot from 3.

Now, for next season? Hmm, could we throw him in a deal for M Turner...just thinking out loud
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:59 pm    Post subject:

AD was far and away the best player in this game. Absolutely dominant. 7 blocks, 3 steals, double double, unstoppable on both ends.

Duncan-esque statline, did just enough on offense but completely took over on the defensive end.

From Statmuse:

Quote:
Anthony Davis today:

22 PTS
12 REB
3 STL
7 BLK
10-17 FG

First player with a 20p/10r/7b playoff game since Tim Duncan.

Last edited by lordtrapula on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:00 pm    Post subject:

That was insane. I'm not sure which was more impressive - AD's 7 blocks (and dpoy type play), Rui just dominating with his scoring and 29 pts or the Lakers letting Reaves be their closer (and then him going total Kobe for 3 minuts to close the game). Loged the bounce back game by DLO and Lebron's insane blocks too. That was just (bleep) insane...

...and we haven't seen dominant on offense game 2 Lebron yet. Just please, please stay healthy everyone. Damn.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:01 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Stephen A, Greeny, Wilbon, Malika, Mike Green, Lakers Haters around the world, Lakers Fans that are haters, and all these social media warriors celebrated talking soo much trash about AD during halftime.

AD returns the game and drops 22 points, 12 rebounds, 7 BLOCKS, and 3 steals!!! +27!!! 😂

💜💛

Espn was trash during pregame show as well. Nobody gave us any chance

I did see yesterday that the entire inside the NBA crew picked the Lakers to win the series. I am surprised Charles picked the Lakers since he seemed to be team Grizzlies after the Lakers performance vs the Twolves.

Chuck hates millennials and gen z.

Doesn't like when AD was injured and wearing designer clothes on the bench. Hence the BS Street Clothes nickname that AD put to sleep this season.

As for the grizzlies they are the epitome of this look at me culture. Trash talking to the extreme and non stop celebrating with no respect for their opponents.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
That was insane. I'm not sure which was more impressive - AD's 7 blocks (and dpoy type play), Rui just dominating with his scoring and 29 pts or the Lakers letting Reaves be their closer (and then him going total Kobe for 3 minuts to close the game). Loged the bounce back game by DLO and Lebron's insane blocks too. That was just (bleep) insane...

...and we haven't seen dominant on offense game 2 Lebron yet. Just please, please stay healthy everyone. Damn.

Seriously I havent seen a Laker team this good and deep since January 2008-2009 when Bynum was dominating (right before he got injured) and relegated prime Pau Gasol to third option.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How long can AD, RUI, and Lebron hold down the fort without any minutes from Wenyen, Mo and Tristan???
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

eureca wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Stephen A, Greeny, Wilbon, Malika, Mike Green, Lakers Haters around the world, Lakers Fans that are haters, and all these social media warriors celebrated talking soo much trash about AD during halftime.

AD returns the game and drops 22 points, 12 rebounds, 7 BLOCKS, and 3 steals!!! +27!!! 😂

💜💛

I did see yesterday that the entire inside the NBA crew picked the Lakers to win the series. I am surprised Charles picked the Lakers since he seemed to be team Grizzlies after the Lakers performance vs the Twolves.

I think Ernie picked the Grizzlies for some reason. Not sure why anyone saw Memphis winning this. Anyone who watched the Lakers/Grizzlies regular season meetings should have known what was coming.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject:

I was down on Rob. I don't know who really orchestrated the deadline trades but if it was him I owe him an apology.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:06 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Lebron

21 pts
8/16 fg 50%
3/8 3fg 37.5%
5 asts
2 stls
3 blks
5 TO
+7

if this is still a bad game, what more if he played well? lol

Glad you asked because it’s important…hope Ham says this to him and LBJ realizes it:

Take 5 threes instead of 8, sure it will mean a make will not be there but 3 more misses wouldn’t be there either, needed to be 2-5 from 3pt distance so 7-13 overall…instead of 3-8 and 8-16.

Some of those turnover are inexcusable, it’s ok to make a few from trying to make a play but to be just bonehead careless can’t happen…and in the 4th…especially down the stretch extra care has to be taken to try to eliminate turnovers.

That’s what we need from Bron, hold himself accountable for not just too many turnovers but inexcusable ones…max 3 per game and that’s too many. Also, fall out of love with the 3pt shot and make higher percentage rate plays, there are teammates that shoot considerably better 3pt% and LBJ shouldn’t be shooting more 3ptrs than them at a lower percentage.

There’s the answer…that’s what we want more from LBJ. Even if he doesn’t step up and win the game he can at least not lose it. Once he gets these basics down we can up the ante and ask for a performance down the stretch like Reaves or a mid game effort like Rui to keep us in it. We know LBJ is capable as he’s done it many times before…just need him to lock in and give it to us or at least not make it hard on the team with I’ll-advised 3s and turnovers.

The problem with your first rule, take 5 threes instead of 8, was he was 1 from 6 from three and hit his last 2. In fact I THINK he was 0 from 5 but not sure

Most of those early threes are the exact type threes I’m talking about eliminating….early in shot clock with no ball rotation without looking for a better higher percentage option. We don’t need LBJ to jack up 5 threes and say “ok that’s my quota”, we just need him to take smarter threes in the flow of the game.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

KingKobe20 wrote:
How long can AD, RUI, and Lebron hold down the fort without any minutes from Wenyen, Mo and Tristan???

this will be their main problem. Ham is too stubborn
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

Treble Clef wrote:
eureca wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

💜💛

I think Ernie picked the Grizzlies for some reason. Not sure why anyone saw Memphis winning this. Anyone who watched the Lakers/Grizzlies regular season meetings should have known what was coming.

It may have been because they have the best home record in the league. 34-6

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I was down on Rob. I don't know who really orchestrated the deadline trades but if it was him I owe him an apology.

A with that said we are all patiently waiting to see Westbrook VS. Durant at 5:00 p.m 💥
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

It was him.

#BannersOverBillboards
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:11 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

A with that said we are all patiently waiting to see Westbrook VS. Durant at 5:00 p.m 💥

I don't give the Sail Boat Crew much of a chance without PG13. Wetbrook's gonna be Westbrook. 2 great plays 3 bad ones.

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:11 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

I like MO but Something about him they must see in practice that doesn’t translate to us playing winning basketball.

Not saying I trust the coaching staff but Lebron and AD must be on board with him not in the rotation as well.

I'm thinking his game is too raw still.
Wasted his first 3 years with the Orlando Magic.
At least he has a real growing process being developed here in LA with AD and Lebron mentoring him
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Love the team. If Lebron can semi resemble 2010-2020 Lebron, I would be ecstatic
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Reeves like that .

https://twitter.com/dame_lillard/status/1647712907722125312?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

My bad … Reaves like that 🙏🏽

https://twitter.com/dame_lillard/status/1647713245132906496?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Lol. League getting to know Reaves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:15 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

I like MO but Something about him they must see in practice that doesn’t translate to us playing winning basketball.

Not saying I trust the coaching staff but Lebron and AD must be on board with him not in the rotation as well.

At least he has a real growing process being developed here in LA with AD and Lebron mentoring him

I've been racking my brain trying to find a reason Mo's not playing. It may have something to do with his performance in practice. He's getting 0 burn.

1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:16 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Lets keep the dude, sign him for cheap and continue to develop him.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:17 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

How long you need?

These kids ready to make that name for themselves.

#BannersOverBillboards
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:18 pm    Post subject:

15-0 Run in the 4th to close out grizzlies

AD

RUI

AR

Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:23 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

I've been racking my brain trying to find a reason Mo's not playing. It may have something to do with his performance in practice. He's getting 0 burn.

Because the playoffs are all about energy, hustle, and intensity… none of those are words that describe Bamba. He’s still a project at this point.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:27 pm    Post subject:

I give Ham a lot of credit in the last couple games for his end-game decisions. Against Memphis he went with Dennis when he saw DLO struggling. This game he saw we didn’t need Vando with Ja out, so he went back to Rui who was having a career type game offensively.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 54 of 56
Jump to: