*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies (04/19/23 @ 4:30 PM PT) 1st Round - Western Conference (Game #2) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:33 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Think about this, we beat this same Memphis team without DLO and LBJ in March at crypto.com arena. AD dominated that game

He wasn't himself, missed a lot of shots around the rim. Still had impact on defense but we needed his offense tonight. Rui was the only player that had 2 good games.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:33 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Such a weird game... Only scoring 93 points with all that fire power?

AD/DLo/Schro need to be better. This was on offense. They held Grizz to only 103 points and Jackson under 20 pts.

Low scoring game for sure but it’s worth acknowledging that our overall team defense was no where close to the grizzlies intensity today.
And I’m saying this in a game where AD had 5 blocks and Lebron with 2 of his patented chase downs.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:34 pm    Post subject:

JJJ also got away with a lot today
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Can't let Tillman get such easy shots when AD has to roam and protect the paint. It's on Ham to figure that out since I doubt lineup is going to change.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:36 pm    Post subject:

What the hell happened. just saw the score.

After all the big talk, looks like we (bleep) the bed again. It is so funny so many pundits already sent us to NBA finals. Russel is not any better than brick.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:37 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:

After all the big talk, looks like we (bleep) the bed again. It is so funny so many pundits already sent us to NBA finals. Russel is not any better than brick.

I hate to correct you, but brick has been Better than DLO in the first 2 games. Even with that 3/19, he has been better, he even played good defense and active on the boards
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

lakerfansd wrote:
Can't let Tillman get such easy shots when AD has to roam and protect the paint. It's on Ham to figure that out since I doubt lineup is going to change.

I'd just put AD on Jackson straight up. How do they create offense? They don't have the horses, by putting someone else on Jackson we are letting them create offense from the double teams.

This was schematically a layup for Ham - they have one guy who can hurt you. Take him away and its curtains. The game plan can't be the same as game 1 with Morant out.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Polarbear wrote:
I think people’s expectations need to be tempered

I would love for them to win the championship this year to

Keep in mind that this team has hardly played together. It was really put together at the trade deadline since that time they have been amazingly good.

There was an opportunity tonight to really put a dagger in this Memphis team they didn’t bring the killer instinct in order to do it

But every game is a new journey this year the law of averages since the trade deadline says that the Lakers are going to be very good and they probably take both games at home because Memphis is really good at home and they are horrible on the road

But even with all of that, let’s keep in mind that this team was lucky to even make the playing then they made the playoffs. They’re probably going to beat Memphis, but winning the whole thing. This year is going to be a tall, tall task, given how little they have played together.

Just enjoy the journey and hope that the Lakers can keep this team together for next year

Agree with alot you say here polar. With rare exception, championship caliber teams are tempered like a fine blade - takes alot of quality smithing. It isnt quickly thrown together and expected to last.

You have to learn as a unit through adversity and then start to excel. This squad just hasnt shown that - yet.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

KingKobe20 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Such a weird game... Only scoring 93 points with all that fire power?

AD/DLo/Schro need to be better. This was on offense. They held Grizz to only 103 points and Jackson under 20 pts.

Low scoring game for sure but it’s worth acknowledging that our overall team defense was no where close to the grizzlies intensity today.
And I’m saying this in a game where AD had 5 blocks and Lebron with 2 of his patented chase downs.

Yup came out flat and didn't match Grizz intensity. They thought they could just turn it on at any time. I expect the shots we got today to fall at home tho.

Just overall bad offensive game. Defensively they were very good.
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

Bucks killing Miami without Giannis. Guess we aren't the only team to not take advantage of an injured opponent.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:40 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
lakerfansd wrote:

I'd just put AD on Jackson straight up. How do they create offense? They don't have the horses, by putting someone else on Jackson we are letting them create offense from the double teams.

This was schematically a layup for Ham - they have one guy who can hurt you. Take him away and its curtains. The game plan can't be the same as game 1 with Morant out.

Yup no need to trap that team with out Ja... Play and guard them straight up. You simply can't let guys like Tillman and Kennard beat you and just come off them.

At the end our players have to make shots. Not going to beat anyone scoring just 93 points.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

I honestly didn’t expect to win all the games in MemphisM
They are a very good home team
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ducasse wrote:
Theseus wrote:
ducasse wrote:
When AD is on he is so good but he is just not capable of bringing it every playoff game. Mentally he was just not there. A scrub Tillman dominated that matchup. Crazy.

That is silly.

Tillman made like 2 shots over AD. The rest were because AD rotated and others didn't. Or maybe Tillman made a three. If Tillman, 4 for 15, shoots a 3, you basically take that as a win from the defense, but of course he made it. You just hope the folks watching at home don't blame the defense for that one.

Worthy saying the same thing not understanding why AD can't bring it every night. Tillman brought game and AD did not.

I want AD to think he didn't do enough, so he plays with even more effort. But honestly I don't blame him. He was our best defender tonight. His defensive effort kept us in this game, and we'd be screwed without him.

If others want to, that is fine. But if we magically go back and make AD make half his shots then the Lakers still lose this game. So it seems like its just done for fun at this point
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

I hate to correct you, but brick has been Better than DLO in the first 2 games. Even with that 3/19, he has been better, he even played good defense and active on the boards

Hype around Dlo is too much here. There is nothing he brings to the table every single game. too erratic.

we have way too many platers that don't bring every day. Including the 2 super stars AD and Bron.

Of course Grizz will come out strong. how many games we go unprepared and unintersted.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need to iron out their defensive rotations. You can't have AD challenge a shot for his man to get an easy rebound or pass for a dunk.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:43 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Hype around Dlo is too much here. There is nothing he brings to the table every single game. too erratic.

we have way too many platers that don't bring every day. Including the 2 super stars AD and Bron.

Of course Grizz will come out strong. how many games we go unprepared and unintersted.

Hype around here is too much after every win....
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Reaves "They played harder than us". That's the ballgame.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:48 pm    Post subject:

lakerfansd wrote:
Bucks killing Miami without Giannis. Guess we aren't the only team to not take advantage of an injured opponent.

Jimmy Butler leading the Heat with a -31 through three quarters. Ouch.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Lakers need to iron out their defensive rotations. You can't have AD challenge a shot for his man to get an easy rebound or pass for a dunk.

Won't matter if they are only putting up 93 points as a whole team.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Getting beat by Xavier Tillman come on guys.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Theseus wrote:

They played more than good enough defense for the win. We lost on offense.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:52 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Reaves "They played harder than us". That's the ballgame.

This is what happens when you start believing all the (bleep) about a play-in team being the better team than a 2nd seed.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:53 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Theseus wrote:

Reason I'm not really worried. Because I expect the shots they got tonight to go in at home.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:56 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Theseus wrote:

Reason I'm not really worried. Because I expect the shots they got tonight to go in at home.

Disappointed? Yes
Worried? Not yet
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:57 pm    Post subject:

If Ja is able to play in L.A., Lakers blew a GOLDEN opportunity to advance.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 57 of 59
Jump to: