*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies (04/19/23 @ 4:30 PM PT) 1st Round - Western Conference (Game #2) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Was more pissed watching Brooks get left wide open for every three. No matter that he kept getting in LeBron's face and taunting him, LBJ kept leaving him wide open and daring him to make threes and he did. At some point I was waiting to see LeBron actually get in Brooks jersey defensively or AT LEAST stay on him off ball. But all I kept seeing was LeBron leaving Brooks wide open the entire game.

This "disengagement" on defense is not a good tablesetter for the team. When LeBron came out last game looking to be defensively aggressive the rest of the team seemed to feed off that as well. When LeBron comes out playing content on the defensive end, it seems to go around too. LeBron needs to STAY HOME on the shooters. Ham is giving him the easiest job by asking him to guard Brooks and LeBron leaving him wide open every play was the opposite of the strategy we want. After he hits one or two... stay on him!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:05 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Was more pissed watching Brooks get left wide open for every three. No matter that he kept getting in LeBron's face and taunting him, LBJ kept leaving him wide open and daring him to make threes and he did. At some point I was waiting to see LeBron actually get in Brooks jersey defensively or AT LEAST stay on him off ball. But all I kept seeing was LeBron leaving Brooks wide open the entire game.

This "disengagement" on defense is not a good tablesetter for the team. When LeBron came out last game looking to be defensively aggressive the rest of the team seemed to feed off that as well. When LeBron comes out playing content on the defensive end, it seems to go around too. LeBron needs to STAY HOME on the shooters. Ham is giving him the easiest job by asking him to guard Brooks and LeBron leaving him wide open every play was the opposite of the strategy we want. After he hits one or two... stay on him!

2/9 last game, 2/6 this game, i would ask him to shoot. It’s better him than Bane and Kennard
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:09 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Thats by design... You dare Brooks beat you. No excuse for them letting Tillman and Kennard beat them. Those 2 made 3s by Brooks did not beat us tonight. Simply our lack of offense did.

Last edited by miggz23 on Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:09 pm    Post subject:

I disagree. I wish Brooks shot more. He’s shot Memphis out of games a bunch of times throughout the years.

Did you notice after Lebron and Brooks chirped, Taylor took him out.

They know if Brooks starts getting over aggressive it becomes detrimental to their team.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Need Morant back. Seriously. Can't wait for him to be back in the starting lineup for game 3.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Letting Brooks shoot was by design. Every shot he takes is one less for more competent options. You have to let him shoot if he has the ball. Unfortunately he made a couple that hurt today
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Letting Brooks shoot was by design. Every shot he takes is one less for more competent options. You have to let him shoot if he has the ball. Unfortunately he made a couple that hurt today

It was the ones by roady and Tillman that hurts
We can’t leave luke kennard open, Dlo did it twice today
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:17 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Lakers need to iron out their defensive rotations. You can't have AD challenge a shot for his man to get an easy rebound or pass for a dunk.

Won't matter if they are only putting up 93 points as a whole team.

Honestly, that’s not going to happen much I’m confident of that
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
If Ja is able to play in L.A., Lakers blew a GOLDEN opportunity to advance.

It’s one game
We have stolen HomeCourt advantage from them

Some of these series may actually go seven games

Are people gonna lose their (bleep) if we don’t win every game
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Im upset but the series isn’t over.

This team should have gone for the kill though.

That is what’s upsetting.

In all, we are lucky to be here. Let’s see if Rob has one more trick up his sleeve to get us a killer this summer.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

It’s one game

Yes. Lol. I forgot what this feels like.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

It’s one game

That's a good question, you should ask those other people if they're gonna "lose their sheet" if every game isn't won...
I never said it would be a sweep.
I think my point stands: If Ja comes back, they blew an opportunity to win THIS game.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Lakers need to iron out their defensive rotations. You can't have AD challenge a shot for his man to get an easy rebound or pass for a dunk.

Won't matter if they are only putting up 93 points as a whole team.

Honestly, that’s not going to happen much I’m confident of that

AD/Reaves/DLo/Schro all had bad offensive games... Can't have that happen and I'll be surprise if it happens again.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

It’s one game

We have folks lose their mind when we win a single game; so the answer is there
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Brooks is a bricklayer. You want him shooting, not the guys that can actually shoot. Leave Brooks open = yes. Leave Kennard open = no. Kennard is shooting 49% from 3 this year. How do these guy not know that you stay attached to Kennard when he's standing at the 3pt line? If Kennard isn't making 3s he's a huge liability.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

It’s one game

co-sign. Not many series end in sweeps. A couple players had subpar games, it happens. Even some of the Lakers' best title winning squads got embarrassed at times, got beat up worse. First ones that comes to mind were those games in Houston 2009. Those were awful. Playoffs are a grind, first to four.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:36 pm    Post subject:

DLo cost himself several million this game. Reaves looked very average.

AD disappointing. Schroder inconsistent as always.

Only Rui and Bron showed up and Bron is still looking old.

I don't get why when the other team is short handed they aren't pushing the pace all game long.

Bron and DLo were killing me with their constant pounding the ball until 5 seconds left and letting the Grizzlies rest.

Feel as sick as I did after the Minnesota game.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:51 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if we can have Vando switch onto Bane this time while Reaves guard Tyus Jones, that's if Ja doesn't play Game 3.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:17 am    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

It’s one game
We have stolen Home Court advantage from them

co-sign. Not many series end in sweeps. A couple players had subpar games, it happens. Even some of the Lakers' best title winning squads got embarrassed at times, got beat up worse. First ones that comes to mind were those games in Houston 2009. Those were awful. Playoffs are a grind, first to four.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:08 am    Post subject:

Dlo, AD, and Schro had off nights. It's rare all 3 are off on the same night. I don't expect that to repeat. We're coming home. Home cooking and sleeping in one's own bed will make a difference. We'll win 2 here and close it out in Memphis whether or not Ja plays. We're the better team.

KEEP THE FAITH PEOPLE!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Pidge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:47 am    Post subject:

The overall box is shockingly similar looking at the game. In the aggregate the main place we seem to have lost is the 3pt shot.

We only made three fewer field goals, both sides picked up 50 in the paint, 47-49 rebounds, 10-12 t/os. Despite turning out a ten point deficit, the performance doesn't look too awful. Davis and Russell should have made up for those, don't know if ADs arm is still tender, but no time for panic stations.

I still want to see some sign of bamba as we will need more size, but we need to not settle for bad shots and need Russ and AD to get in more consistent form.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Dlo, AD, and Schro had off nights. It's rare all 3 are off on the same night. I don't expect that to repeat. We're coming home. Home cooking and sleeping in one's own bed will make a difference. We'll win 2 here and close it out in Memphis whether or not Ja plays. We're the better team.

KEEP THE FAITH PEOPLE!

"No place like home"
More than likely their scrubs will play like scrubs on the road. But we definitely have to be more aggressive on both ends throughout the series.
IMO game #3 is a must win for both teams.
The atmosphere in Crypto will be electric. Hopefully the team will channel all that crowd energy & enthusiasm into a win. Protect home turf and Lakers got this.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:03 am    Post subject:

Pidge wrote:
The overall box is shockingly similar looking at the game. In the aggregate the main place we seem to have lost is the 3pt shot.

We only made three fewer field goals, both sides picked up 50 in the paint, 47-49 rebounds, 10-12 t/os. Despite turning out a ten point deficit, the performance doesn't look too awful. Davis and Russell should have made up for those, don't know if ADs arm is still tender, but no time for panic stations.

I still want to see some sign of bamba as we will need more size, but we need to not settle for bad shots and need Russ and AD to get in more consistent form.

Points off of turnovers! The Grizz had 20, the Lakers had 9. That and 3 point shooting were the notable differences.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:11 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Brooks is a bricklayer. You want him shooting, not the guys that can actually shoot. Leave Brooks open = yes. Leave Kennard open = no. Kennard is shooting 49% from 3 this year. How do these guy not know that you stay attached to Kennard when he's standing at the 3pt line? If Kennard isn't making 3s he's a huge liability.

speaking of this, this is why Ham worries me. in 2020 finals, Vogel was drawing up plays to get Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro on Lebron. when Kennard is on the court, whoever he is guarding should be the one setting picks for Lebron. in most cases it is DLO or TBJ(less on Beasley because they want an active guy tracking him). we rarely see DLO/LBJ screens, even less TBJ/LBJ ones, we saw some Beasley/ LBJ ones, but it kind of sucked.
bottom line is we have to punish Luke Kennard when he is on the court. either by attacking him directly or make him guard Lebron on screens.
obviously they won't put Kennard on DS because he is too quick for him, nor Rui because he is too big. TBJ has no offensive ability, so i would seriously consider benching him and play Wenyen instead.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:56 am    Post subject:

The game was over when they made a 3 then DLO turned the ball over inbounding the ball and fouled Kennard as he drained a three pointer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 58 of 59
Jump to: