Jerry Springer dead at age 79

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:27 am    Post subject: Jerry Springer dead at age 79

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/jerry-springer-american-talk-show-legend-dies-aged-79/ar-AA1aqmlx

Quote:
Jerry Springer, American Talk Show Legend, Dies Aged 79

US talk show host Jerry Springer has died at the age of 79.

Jerry’s family confirmed to TMZ on Thursday that he had recently been diagnosed with cancer, and died at his home in Chicago.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:54 am    Post subject:

I wasn't a Springer follower. I watched the show maybe 5 or 6 times. I always wondered if there was some staging involved. He had a large following. You are/are not the father followed by expiration or jubilation is a phrase that will last forever. RIP

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I wasn't a Springer follower. I watched the show maybe 5 or 6 times. I always wondered if there was some staging involved. He had a large following. You are/are not the father followed by expiration or jubilation is a phrase that will last forever. RIP

It was I went to HS with someone who's relatives got a chance to be on the show. They pay their guests to get into fights etc. They declined.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:26 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I always wondered if there was some staging involved.

You seriously couldn't tell?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:51 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I always wondered if there was some staging involved.

You seriously couldn't tell?

I thought there was staging but I don't say it is unless I have indisputable evidence. I don't know anyone who was on the show like Basketball Fan does to ask if there was any staging. I didn't see enough Jerry Springer to give a definite yes or no answer.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:10 am    Post subject:

JERRY!! JERRY!! JERRY!!!

i admit...I endulged in the early days...RIP Mr. Springer.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:32 am    Post subject:

I remember tuning to his show when it changed formats in the 90's....it was pretty wild and unlike anything else on TV at the time.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:33 am    Post subject:

It was before my time, but it's important to know that before he was the Jerry Springer my generation thinks of, he was a liberal politician from Ohio.

I recently listened to a podcast he was on, and he was still serious about political issues, such as single-payer health care. Beneath his public image he was probably a man who cared deeply about social issues. RIP.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:14 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I remember tuning to his show when it changed formats in the 90's....it was pretty wild and unlike anything else on TV at the time.

There was a time in the late 1990's when the show reached a fever pitch and was an absolute runaway hit. It was chaos and ratings went through the roof, even beating The Oprah Winfrey Show for a while. Then the fights got so out of control that authorities stepped in and they were ordered to tone down the violence (even though it seemed much of it was staged), and then the more sanitized version of the show never got those type of ratings again. Still, the show ran until 2018, so it obviously had a certain audience to be able to stay on the air for so long.

He said he never watched the show and thought it was "silly." Not as silly, perhaps, as paying a prostitute with a check, right? In all seriousness, I don't think he was a bad guy, but he was certainly willing to cash in on exploiting the dregs of society.

JERRY, JERRY, JERRY! RIP.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:01 am    Post subject:

Baby Mama Honor Guard Solemnly Carries Jerry Springer Casket To Grave Site

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: