*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors (05/10/23 @ 7:00 PM PT) Western Conference Semi-Finals - (Game #5) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 9:41 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Good news btw on AD hopefully that keeps up

Am somewhat concerned refs repeat this crap in game 6

The crowd will have to do their job and run them out of the stadium

Y’all joke but we need a Scott foster game. Draymond wouldn’t tell him to T him up. And he would have called the head shots. I mean AD goes down with a head shot and they didn’t even tighten things up. They watched Lonnie eat a blow to the head. Then Reaves and Denis be knocked out the air. Then Green two hand push Christie from the ball after it with no regard for the injury. That’s usually at least the clean it up point.

Looney also undercut Bron on the play he came up hopping. He landed on him being under him.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Also, another thing…and my apologies if this has come up..
Why in the hell does Davis touch the ball in the first half and in the second half, the team doesn’t get him involved?
Didn’t he have 18 or 19 in the first half, 5 in the second half?

Wtf???

Is Ham and the team brain dead?

Stop changing what works.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject:

It is wild that we only got 15 Fts in a physical game like this. Lol NBA is a joke
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject:

That pace was crazy... Warriors pretty much turned it up and Draymond decided he was going to score tonight.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:02 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
That pace was crazy... Warriors pretty much turned it up and Draymond decided he was going to score tonight.

Draymond was playing like Lebron. Just downhill all the time
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:03 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
It is wild that we only got 15 Fts in a physical game like this. Lol NBA is a joke

Just thinking about game 6 being on Friday prime time in Los Angeles and the record viewership $$$ they are going to make, it is no surprise to see what we all saw tonight. THey were getting at least to game 6 come hell or high water
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:05 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Also, another thing…and my apologies if this has come up..
Why in the hell does Davis touch the ball in the first half and in the second half, the team doesn’t get him involved?
Didn’t he have 18 or 19 in the first half, 5 in the second half?

Wtf???

Is Ham and the team brain dead?

Stop changing what works.

It happened in the Memphis games too. They usually went to Russell to start third quarters but refs had him with 3 fouls early so Klay wouldn’t have to be guarded by or guard him.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I think Kerr had figured something out with that GP2 line-up... I don't like the feeling of it tbh. Even in game 4 the Lakers could not stop it. Tonight it kind of opened up the flood gates.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:09 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I think Kerr had figured something out with that GP2 line-up... I don't like the feeling of it tbh. Even in game 4 the Lakers could not stop it. Tonight it kind of opened up the flood gates.

The transition defense killed us tonight. Any TO, no call is a run out for the warriors. We need to slow the pace down by attacking the basket in game 6(hopefully get whistles). The high PNR is what it is. We have to be better on rebounding too.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I'm very concerned about Game 6. Even if AD is perfectly fine I don't know if this team has it in it to win against a Warriors team that knows how to win a big game.

Our season is literally coming down to Game 6. If we win, especially if we win convincingly, and we come out of it healthy it will pretty much mean we're a legit championship contender. But if we lose Game 6, we will probably lose Game 7 too.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Also you’re nuts if you don’t think Looney or Green take a head shot, even if a flagrant next game on AD if he plays. It’s their MO.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:20 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Kerr has not found anything out

Every Warriors Drive was a and one
We couldn’t get a Falco in our direction, even though we play in the paint guys were getting slapped, hacked punched, elbowed you name it

Whenever you don’t score on one end and you have people fighting in the paint and it’s a transition basket for the other team, going the other way

Call the game fair the Warriors can’t win
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:22 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
I'm very concerned about Game 6. Even if AD is perfectly fine I don't know if this team has it in it to win against a Warriors team that knows how to win a big game.

Our season is literally coming down to Game 6. If we win, especially if we win convincingly, and we come out of it healthy it will pretty much mean we're a legit championship contender. But if we lose Game 6, we will probably lose Game 7 too.

As long as we get an even officiate a game, Lakers win
The Warriors don’t play well on the road
The Lakers play well at home
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:22 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

I'm worried about game 6 but also realized that if we do lose game 6 but have no chance in game 7 then we're not worthy enough to advance anyways.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I'm worried about game 6 but also realized that if we do lose game 6 but have no chance in game 7 then we're not worthy enough to advance anyways.

I am ok with losing to a better team, but not ok with losing to the refs and a dirty team.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Metta would've set some of these warriors players straight

not too worried about #6 - LBJ and AD have been here before.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

1. We have the talent to win and maybe win the championship, if not this year then next. But we don't yet know if this team has the intangibles needed to win a championship.

2. It's very rare for the road team to win Game 7, especially after losing the previous two games. It takes a tremendous amount of emotion and "F you" energy to win that kind of a game, and I don't think this Lakers team has an "F you" personality.
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 3:25 am    Post subject:

Felt it was going to be an L after that garbage five-second call on LeBron. If the game was super close at the end, the Warriors would have been getting the crucial calls to win the game.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 4:07 am    Post subject:

Leif wrote:
Felt it was going to be an L after that garbage five-second call on LeBron. If the game was super close at the end, the Warriors would have been getting the crucial calls to win the game.

Even van Grundy said he has never seen that. Lebrom was crab dribbling for like 4 secs to begin with, it was like the ref knew he had to stop any run so came up with some BS

That was when I think our guys knew the fix was in
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:12 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

We couldn’t get a Falco in our direction, even though we play in the paint guys were getting slapped, hacked punched, elbowed you name it

Whenever you don’t score on one end and you have people fighting in the paint and it’s a transition basket for the other team, going the other way

we don't have an answer to their PnR. They are scoring at will.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:19 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

we don't have an answer to their PnR. They are scoring at will.

I actually thought at the end of the game when we stopped blitzing/trapping and just switched, it worked better. Curry was scoring but he was having to ISO and settle for jumpers.

That's better than giving up layups all game, our guys are good enough man defenders to make that work and that is really not the GSW style - they want to move the ball.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:05 am    Post subject:

Luis5150 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Just thinking about game 6 being on Friday prime time in Los Angeles and the record viewership $$$ they are going to make, it is no surprise to see what we all saw tonight. THey were getting at least to game 6 come hell or high water

Blatant right in front of the whole world and we keep watching

I stopped once for a few years because my brain couldn't deal with being lied to.

Last night I was lied to/deceived by the NBA
Everyone here remembers calls from last night that were beyond suspicious
Yet here we are hoping The Master of our entertainment at least treats us fairly in our next game!

This is not simple human error
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:25 am    Post subject:

Refs were garbage last night, but I’m not gonna go into ref conspiracies and whining. That’s warriors fan behavior. We need to adjust to the physicality and take care of the ball. Plain and simple.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:34 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Refs were garbage last night, but I’m not gonna go into ref conspiracies and whining. That’s warriors fan behavior. We need to adjust to the physicality and take care of the ball. Plain and simple.

Yeah I’m not so concerned with foul disparity, etc that GS fans have been whining about all series, I’m more concerned with the dirty tactics. They have been trying to injure AD and it got more blatant last night because they were facing elimination.

If that’s going to be allowed, then us smacking around Steph should be allowed if we are playing vintage 80s/90s ball.

However right now it just feels like typical Draymond starting (bleep) and running behind the refs and he got his clown associate Looney doing the same (bleep).
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:47 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Yeah I’m not so concerned with foul disparity, etc that GS fans have been whining about all series, I’m more concerned with the dirty tactics. They have been trying to injure AD and it got more blatant last night because they were facing elimination.

If that’s going to be allowed, then us smacking around Steph should be allowed if we are playing vintage 80s/90s ball.

However right now it just feels like typical Draymond starting (bleep) and running behind the refs and he got his clown associate Looney doing the same (bleep).

Yep, I'm all for physical play but that's not what it was.

GSW were allowed to play that way while we got ticky tack calls and nonsensical 5 sec violations. Call it the same both ways and it's fine, our guys will adjust.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 58 of 59
Jump to: