*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors (05/12/23 @ 7:00 PM PT) Western Conference Semi-Finals - (Game #6) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
P.K. wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Even though he whined about the officiating, Steve Kerr is a class act. He began the first minute of his press conference by congratulating and praising the Lakers. Much props to him, I like him and he's a good man.

I dont think anyone can hate on Kerr.

I hate Kerr
But, I knew him in college and he was a jackass
and worse

How did you know him? What did he do?

His father was murdered right after he started University, holding a grudge 40 years later because he was a 'jackass' during that time is kinda weird.

Kind of weird to judge people's interactions when you were not even there
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:31 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
LeBron and Davis as a duo:

> 6-0 in playoff series they play every game
> Have never let a series go more than 6 games
> Undefeated at home in the postseason
> Have never lost back-to-back games in the playoffs

this is such a telling stat... we got the best duo in the league even with Bron at 38 years old... he is such a smart player, picking his spots, knowing how to pace himself
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Lesson learned by DS I hope. He better never do that again.

Do what exactly the second technical was (bleep)

I agree it was trash but you gotta restrain yourself.

Go back and take a look at what happened if somebody sticks a ball right in your face

Come on man, address the whole action. Schro ran over and got in Green’s face so Green put the ball in Schro’s face to get him out of his. Refs gave both players a tech because both players were wrong. Unfortunately it was Schro’s second tech so he got tossed. That’s the truth about what happened. Still…faulk draymomd.

They didn’t double technical only Schröder received a technical there

My issue is with the inconsistent ref green, literally got in vando’s face last game and vando walked away from it but there was no technical for green so you’re gonna turn around and you’re going to take the defender. They were using off of curry and tee him up that second time and get him out of the game come on.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
They didn’t double technical only Schröder received a technical there

My issue is with the inconsistent ref green, literally got in vando’s face last game and vando walked away from it but there was no technical for green so you’re gonna turn around and you’re going to take the defender. They were using off of curry and tee him up that second time and get him out of the game come on.

Green DID get a tech on that.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:59 pm    Post subject:

It was a double tech
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Our guards finally came to play and we will need them to get to the next level

Brilliant game, Bron looked young again.

Congratulations to them for getting this far.
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Austin's 6/10 shot was huge IMO. Before there was down energy heading into the half after another crappy end of quarter, but his shot lifted the energy right back up.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Oh and Wiggins rib cage my ass

Great job by the Lakers tonight. Didn’t matter who was on the court for GS.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 11:15 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
P.K. wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Even though he whined about the officiating, Steve Kerr is a class act. He began the first minute of his press conference by congratulating and praising the Lakers. Much props to him, I like him and he's a good man.

I hate Kerr
and worse

I ran the sound system at McHale stadium and knew all the players. For example, Brian William (Bison Dele) was one of my best friends, and we dated 2 girls that were roommates.
anyways, this girl Pam I had previously dated who was a gymnast and a Pom girl, she asked me to go to a party with her. Kerr got way (and I do mean WAAAY) out of line with her. I'm 2" taller, 20lb heavier, and a blackbelt since I was 12. Kerr didn't like that encounter at all.
Nobody F'd with either Pam or me after that, though

Definitely fits the description of my small encounter with him.

Kerr was really good friends with my Nike Traveling team coach back in my high school years.
Tyson Chandler was one of my teammates.
Trevor Ariza was supposed to join us but was deemed too young to be part of our group at the time.

Kerr was super high when he came to visit our practice one evening. Crazy thing is he wasn’t even trying to hide his weed scent LOL

Maybe he was messing with us at the time as he seen most of us where Lakers fans but he made it clear his dislike for the Lakers. Pretty much the same rants from what you’ll hear from any Lakers haters around the globe. We’re spoiled, all the greats force their way to the Lakers. We are cheaters. We’ve ruin basketball. All our championships is the best money can buy ext.

A cool thing he did was let most of us check out his 98’ Bulls championship ring! It was heavy and you can tell not your average piece of jewelry LOL

After the show and tell I fed him the rock as I watched him sink 30 threes in a row while wearing flip flops LOL
Complete shock for me as a teen watching a pro shoot the ball.
Can’t imagine how it would be with Steph
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 11:29 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
P.K. wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I hate Kerr
and worse

I ran the sound system at McHale stadium and knew all the players. For example, Brian William (Bison Dele) was one of my best friends, and we dated 2 girls that were roommates.
anyways, this girl Pam I had previously dated who was a gymnast and a Pom girl, she asked me to go to a party with her. Kerr got way (and I do mean WAAAY) out of line with her. I'm 2" taller, 20lb heavier, and a blackbelt since I was 12. Kerr didn't like that encounter at all.

Oh wow.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 5:14 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
P.K. wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I hate Kerr
and worse

What ever happened to Brian Williams after he retired early?
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 5:37 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
P.K. wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I hate Kerr
and worse

He was living the life he wanted until his brother killed him.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 5:53 am    Post subject:

If Boston wins tomorrow, we'll have the same final four as the bubble playoffs:

Quote:
Lakers vs. Nuggets
Heat vs. Celtics
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 8:06 am    Post subject:

Dillion Brooks poked the bear. He said LeBron was old and "I don't respect no one until they come and give me 40", Results; Bron gave him 40 twice, the Lakers sent the Grizzlies fishing and Memphis isn't going to resign him.

JaMychal Green poked the bear, called cap on LeBron James tweeting, #Lakers don't practice flopping. Bron dropped 30 on the Dubs and sent them fishing. JaMychal's future with the Warriors is tenuous.

I wonder if the Nuggets got the message?

To rephrase an old adage LET A SLEEPING BEAR LIE.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 8:21 am    Post subject:

I was bit unhinged and drunk last night.

Was on Instagram replying to all warriors fans stories with “blame the refs”.

So glad warriors fans are outta here!
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 8:45 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
P.K. wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I hate Kerr
and worse

He'd traveled the world for a few years, and then bought an ocean going sailing catamaran.
BWill, his girlfriend Serena, and a professional yacht captain were in the south Pacific when BWill's brother joined them.
There's an involved story and several theories here, but the short answer is that apparently the brother killed the other 3 and dumped their bodies in the Pacific. No bodies were ever recovered, of course.
Later, the brother was draining BWill's bank accounts and buying gold bullion in Phoenix. They figured this out about the same time they found the boat (about 2 months after anyone had last heard from BWill, Serena, the captain). There were bullet holes in the boat, and the name had been changed.
The brother was found with ID that identified him as BWill. Law enforcement begin an investigation, and the brother gave a pretty fantastic tale of what happened...
But, no bodies were ever found and the police couldn't arrest him right away - although they had him dead to rights on theft..
Not long afterwards, the brother killed himself in TJ through a self-administered overdose of insulin.
He was the only surviving witness, so all they have is his obviously fabricated account of events, no bodies, and no hard evidence.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:19 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
P.K. wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I hate Kerr
and worse

He'd traveled the world for a few years, and then bought an ocean going sailing catamaran.
BWill, his girlfriend Serena, and a professional yacht captain were in the south Pacific when BWill's brother joined them.
There's an involved story and several theories here, but the short answer is that apparently the brother killed the other 3 and dumped their bodies in the Pacific. No bodies were ever recovered, of course.
Later, the brother was draining BWill's bank accounts and buying gold bullion in Phoenix. They figured this out about the same time they found the boat (about 2 months after anyone had last heard from BWill, Serena, the captain). There were bullet holes in the boat, and the name had been changed.
The brother was found with ID that identified him as BWill. Law enforcement begin an investigation, and the brother gave a pretty fantastic tale of what happened...
But, no bodies were ever found and the police couldn't arrest him right away - although they had him dead to rights on theft..
Not long afterwards, the brother killed himself in TJ through a self-administered overdose of insulin.
He was the only surviving witness, so all they have is his obviously fabricated account of events, no bodies, and no hard evidence.

Yeah that's what my "oh wow" was about thinking about how tragic his story ended. Sorry for your friend PK 😞
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:35 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
P.K. wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
P.K. wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I hate Kerr
and worse

Yeah that's what my "oh wow" was about thinking about how tragic his story ended. Sorry for your friend PK 😞

Thanks -- BWill was a great guy. He was also a musician, played 4-5 instruments, and was a great singer (his father was a member of a 50's band with a handful of hits). BWill used to casually entertain people by playing and singing in bars and at the student union - everyone was always amazed that he could do other things than just dunk a basketball.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:59 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
TDRock wrote:
P.K. wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
P.K. wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I hate Kerr
and worse

Thanks -- BWill was a great guy. He was also a musician, played 4-5 instruments, and was a great singer (his father was a member of a 50's band with a handful of hits). BWill used to casually entertain people by playing and singing in bars and at the student union - everyone was always amazed that he could do other things than just dunk a basketball.

Thanks for sharing, P.K. I watched the documentary about Bison. Truly tragic. Wonder what really happened on that boat to cause those senseless deaths. We will never know. RIP Bison.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 12:24 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
TDRock wrote:
P.K. wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
P.K. wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I hate Kerr
and worse

Thanks for sharing, P.K. I watched the documentary about Bison. Truly tragic. Wonder what really happened on that boat to cause those senseless deaths. We will never know. RIP Bison.

Thx PK for sharing .. just saw the documentary & Brian was living a great life till his brother stepped in. RIP Brian W et. al.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Brian’s father was a member of the legendary Platters.
His father, Eugene Williams, was a singer in the second iteration of the popular music group, The Platters.

Brian also reportedly once dated Madonna.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
TDRock wrote:
P.K. wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
P.K. wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I hate Kerr
and worse

Thx PK for sharing .. just saw the documentary & Brian was living a great life till his brother stepped in. RIP Brian W et. al.

I had no idea there's a documentary, so thanks for telling me about it..
now I'll have to find a stream
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 10:49 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:

Yeah I saw a documentary on TNT not too long ago part of that series "Rich and Shameless". I mean you know… It wasn't terrible at all actually. A little sensational list as the name "rich and shameless" would suggest but actually not a bad telling of the story and certainly did not make Brian look bad or tarnish his image in any way.

You can stream it off the TNT website.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 2:06 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
P.K. wrote:

Yeah I saw a documentary on TNT not too long ago part of that series "Rich and Shameless". I mean you know… It wasn't terrible at all actually. A little sensational list as the name "rich and shameless" would suggest but actually not a bad telling of the story and certainly did not make Brian look bad or tarnish his image in any way.

You can stream it off the TNT website.

Cool
thanks for the info
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 7:56 am    Post subject:

** THE WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS ARE HERE‼️ **

NEXT GAME:

Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets
      Ball Arena | Tuesday, May 16, 2023 • 5:30 PM PT
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83
Page 83 of 83
Jump to: