*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (05/22/23 @ 5:30 PM PT) Western Conference Finals / Gm #4 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Well. At least it was a quick death LOL. But it’s so trusted that lakers could have won all 4 games. At this point I kind of wish all 4 games were blowout nugget wins.

All four losses were heartbreaking and winnable.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Denver’s starting lineup kicked ours all over the court. That’s the bottom line.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
Did AD make it challenging in the 4th?
His job was to contain two guys: Jokic and Murray and protect the rim as much as he could.
I really hate it when people pointing fingers without context.

With the exception of that Jokic score at the end, I thought his 4th quarter stint was really good on both ends.

In the end, we just made some dumb mistakes. Denver more disciplined.

Yeah. I know it's easy to point fingers.
Two-way stars are rare. Luckily we have had some as Lakers with Shaq, Wilt, Alcindor, Kobe just to mention a few. AD should be int his category. Alas, at the slowing down stage.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Denver’s starting lineup kicked ours all over the court. That’s the bottom line.

You meant they kicked Dlo? AR held up pretty well
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Were any of these games actually ever as close as the scores suggested, or were the Nuggets just coasting the whole time?

Not really. I never felt Nuggs were coasting but their two are much better than ours. We struggled to get everything, imho they never did. The end game was a microcosm of the series.

To me, all these games basically showed us the difference between a championship caliber club, and one that is not.

Every game had that moment around midway in the 4th where the game was in the balance. Each time that happened, Nugs just simply closed out better.

This Laker squad as constructed likely good enough to beat most teams in a 4 game series. But not championship caliber ones. Nugs proved it this series. Consistently closed out with big plays and/or stops.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Everything from the day of the trade opponent wise lined up perfectly all the way until Denver.

Our schedule late, hurt grizz, beaten down gsw. Games may have been close but we aren’t. We need a major upgrade.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Denver has shooters - we do not. That's the difference in the series.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:03 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Halflife wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Were any of these games actually ever as close as the scores suggested, or were the Nuggets just coasting the whole time?

Not really. I never felt Nuggs were coasting but their two are much better than ours. We struggled to get everything, imho they never did. The end game was a microcosm of the series.

To me, all these games basically showed us the difference between a championship caliber club, and one that is not.

Every game had that moment around midway in the 4th where the game was in the balance. Each time that happened, Nugs just simply closed out better.

This Laker squad as constructed likely good enough to beat most teams in a 4 game series. But not championship caliber ones. Nugs proved it this series. Consistently closed out with big plays and/or stops.

Agree. At this point, only injuries can stop the Nugget to win their first.
They have two superstars and good supporting cast.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Everything from the day of the trade opponent wise lined up perfectly all the way until Denver.

Our schedule late, hurt grizz, beaten down gsw. Games may have been close but we aren’t. We need a major upgrade.

That is certainly one way to look at it, I mean, you can make a good case for that.

The reality is LBJ isnt getting younger. This series loss reminded me of when the Shaq Kobe Lakers got - I believe also broom swept - by Utah when Kobe was a rookie. Utah just a more consistent team. That Laker squad would fall into some wierd lows.

But this team isnt young like that one. LBJ is at the tail end of his career.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Another disappointing loss.

As pointed out above, inconsistency killed this team all season.

Overall I think they overachieved considering how horrible the first half of the season was, the roster make over, health issues, and struggling to develop chemistry as a roster as they battled for a playoff spot.

The playoff run was just as unexpected. They played much better as a unit with some surprises of contributions from unexpected players. But again, no consistency.

Bummer they got swept. But they just hit a wall and a team primed to win a ring.

Thanks for another enjoyable Laker season. This one had some memorable highs and lows. Enjoy the off-season. Come back ready for next.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:06 pm    Post subject:

If we swapped ad and jokic do we win? Does our supporting cast shoot better when its Jokic giving them passes for the open looks they missed?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
If we swapped ad and jokic do we win? Does our supporting cast shoot better when it’s Jokic giving them passes for the open looks they missed?

If we swap DLo and Murray, we’d be sweeping them.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Lets remember that Denver needed a HAIL MARY GIFT FROM GOD that Jokic was selected in the 2nd round, and became the player he is now. this is their time but it was partially based on dumb luck.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:10 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Halflife wrote:

That is certainly one way to look at it, I mean, you can make a good case for that.

The reality is LBJ isnt getting younger. This series loss reminded me of when the Shaq Kobe Lakers got - I believe also broom swept - by Utah when Kobe was a rookie. Utah just a more consistent team. That Laker squad would fall into some wierd lows.

But this team isnt young like that one. LBJ is at the tail end of his career.

This was the first game in series where bron had his imprint. Losses suck but for this game he left it all out there. Previous games he fell asleep in the 4th qts. He needs to be our 3rd best player.

Ad has been really good down the stretch but this game if you don’t look at box score he didn’t play with force. He was a bummer considering the moment. Just get us one game.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
If we swapped ad and jokic do we win? Does our supporting cast shoot better when it’s Jokic giving them passes for the open looks they missed?

I feel like Murray is the main reason we lost this series. He stole a couple games from us with his 4th quarter scoring alone and his unbelievable shot making to start game 3. Murray made a big shot on every single person that guarded him. His performance was, dare I say it, Kobe-esque.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:12 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Theseus wrote:

Hey, we coulda drafted Murray
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:16 pm    Post subject:

My wife is laughing at the Lakers now. This is unforgivable. Someone should tell her something
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Theseus wrote:

I feel like Murray is the main reason we lost this series. He stole a couple games from us with his 4th quarter scoring alone and his unbelievable shot making to start game 3. Murray made a big shot on every single person that guarded him. His performance was, dare I say it, Kobe-esque.

One game is Gordon (today), one is KCP, 2 games by Murray. Etc. as good as Joker was, we can live with him going off, just can’t have others
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, to me it felt like the Lakers could have and should have won Games 2 and 4...but they failed to close those games out for whatever reason and that was the difference.

Felt like a different level of urgency from Denver and I have to give Malone credit for that.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Honestly, to me it felt like the Lakers could have and should have won Games 2 and 4...but they failed to close those games out for whatever reason and that was the difference.

Felt like a different level of urgency from Denver and I have to give Malone credit for that.

Or bad coaching from Ham to counter?
AtlLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Trade AD and DLO asap !!!
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:26 pm    Post subject:

AtlLaker wrote:
Trade AD and DLO asap !!!

The first one will get a lot of interests. Not sure of the latter.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:30 pm    Post subject:

We lost a game with AD going 40 and Rui going 22.

Lost a game tonight with Lebron going 40...

3 games of this series literally came down to 1-2 possessions.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
My wife is laughing at the Lakers now. This is unforgivable. Someone should tell her something

Ma'am.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:38 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Theseus wrote:

One game is Gordon (today), one is KCP, 2 games by Murray. Etc. as good as Joker was, we can live with him going off, just can’t have others

I thought coming into the series that Denver would to try force AD and LeBron beat them by limiting the impact of the role players like DLo, Reaves and Rui. Reaves was the only one that was pretty consistent in scoring. Unfortunately, DLo was pretty consistent in not scoring.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 70 of 71
Jump to: