Maybe Kyrie is the answer afterall
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject: Maybe Kyrie is the answer afterall

As much as I hate to say it, maybe going after Kyrie Irving is the answer. It solves many of our needs. We'll get better perimeter shooting, a ball handler, a consistent scorer, and he can take the pressure off of a 39/40 year old Lebron, which will allow Lebron to extend his career, and finally free us from relying on him. An offensive attack of Kyrie and AD, plus whatever of the current role players we can retain, would be devastating, and Lebron can keep him from doing or saying anything stupid. IF, and it's still a big IF, we end up losing to Denver, and losing without making the series close, then I'd like to see the Lakers go hard after Kyrie this off-season. This may be our last chance to have a dominant team in the Lebron/AD era.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe Kyrie is the answer afterall

troy wrote:
As much as I hate to say it, maybe going after Kyrie Irving is the answer. It solves many of our needs. We'll get better perimeter shooting, a ball handler, a consistent scorer, and he can take the pressure off of a 39/40 year old Lebron, which will allow Lebron to extend his career, and finally free us from relying on him. An offensive attack of Kyrie and AD, plus whatever of the current role players we can retain, would be devastating, and Lebron can keep him from doing or saying anything stupid. IF, and it's still a big IF, we end up losing to Denver, and losing without making the series close, then I'd like to see the Lakers go hard after Kyrie this off-season. This may be our last chance to have a dominant team in the Lebron/AD era.

If we can trade for him for the final rounds of the playoffs or sign him to a series of 10 day contracts during the playoffs, sure. But if he is on the team leading up to that we will implode. Inthink your main point is we don't have a strong consistent guard. I agree.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe Kyrie is the answer afterall

troy wrote:

I agree, dont think dlo is the answer against contenders and I dont think Reaves will take that big of a jump to become that guy. AD cant be relied on to carry anything.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe Kyrie is the answer afterall

Nnamdi21 wrote:
troy wrote:

I agree, dont think dlo is the answer against contenders and I dont think Reaves will take that big of a jump to become that guy. AD cant be relied on to carry anything.

Man its not all on DLO..its your coach putting him in a good situation. If brown is in then either sit DLO and put in someone else or or make plays to create a switch off for DLO so Brown not guarding him. On defense you might have to hide him off on anyone else but brown. He cant defend and thats not his stegnth. Also he could restrict his minutes..start him if you like but less minutes. 36 minutes is crazy when you know he is having defensive issues with this particular team.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 12:18 am    Post subject:

Kyrie for 30M instead of DLo, yes. Kyrie for the max and letting other guys walk, no

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 12:24 am    Post subject:

Kevin, James and Luka thought the same.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 12:36 am    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
Kevin, James and Luka thought the same.

Kevin and James would have been champs if the injuries didn't kick them out. On court it was working. Luka has him 4 months, you gotta give them a season (if Kyrie stays)

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 4:02 am    Post subject:

If Kyrie Irving is the answer, the question must be "Who is the most toxic, overrated player in the league who expects to receive a max contract this summer even though he really doesn't care that much about playing basketball?"
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 4:12 am    Post subject:

I don't see how destroying team chemistry is the answer to anything.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 5:06 am    Post subject:

No, just no!

Maybe the Lakers organization and fan base needs the question to be how much longer will they continue to worry about ways to prolong a 39/40 year old James.

Even if the endless Farewell Tour is still preferred, you try to put multiple players around him to cut his mins and role ( for $45m?) Not the team once again limiting the roster and no bench.

Time to seriously start focusing on the post-James era. That certainly should not include Irving.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 5:20 am    Post subject:

Dallas will want a haul for him in a sign a trade. I’m sure Cuban is either resigning him or wanting more than we can offer.
Plus there is the hard cap on the sign and trade.
And then there’s the uncertainty of Kyrie.
And are you ok with him being hunted on defense?

Won’t deny he’s an absolute shot maker.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 5:38 am    Post subject:

Maybe. If Cuban doesn’t give him max no one will. He has lost money so maybe that’s what’s important. He doesn’t seem like a Texas guy, maybe he tells mark he wants out.

25-30 may be the most kyrie can get. If so maybe we do a S&t with dlo.

Maybe.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 6:08 am    Post subject:

After going through the Westbrook depths of hell I don’t understand why anyone would then say after getting out it, “we should trade for Kyrie.” 🤦
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 6:08 am    Post subject:

This is why we can't have nice things
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 6:10 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Maybe. If Cuban doesn’t give him max no one will. He has lost money so maybe that’s what’s important. He doesn’t seem like a Texas guy, maybe he tells mark he wants out.

Maybe.

Dude wants a max deal. Has always been about the $$$.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 6:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Maybe.

Maybe. He didn’t seem happy in Dallas. I can’t imagine anyone paying him max other than mark. If he wants suns, lakers or anyone else he knows a max won’t happen.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 6:17 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Maybe.

Maybe. He didn’t seem happy in Dallas. I can’t imagine anyone paying him max other than mark. If he wants suns, lakers or anyone else he knows a max won’t happen.

You talk about other players being in X # of teams in Y # of years but it’s all good to you that he’s basically leaving every team with a smoldering burning bridge? Why in the world would he go from wanting his 47m to half that?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 6:23 am    Post subject:

Get the (bleep) out of here with this bull (bleep).
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 6:24 am    Post subject:

Pretty sure Rob will be eyeing Kyrie if the Lakers fall 0-3 to the Nuggets, despite the reports of the Lakers moving on from him. It's all one big smokescreen.

Last edited by Denny_Russo on Sat May 20, 2023 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 6:24 am    Post subject:

Kyrie is not the answer.
No, no, no.
Team and coach killer.
Funny how some are blind to the person Kyrie is and has been versus the talent on the court. It’s not just about stupid basketball.
Dallas literally can’t wait for him to leave.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 6:26 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Pretty sure Rob will be eyeing Kyrie if the Lakers fall 0-3 to the Nuggets, despite the reports of the Lakers moving on from him. It's all one big smokescreen.

If he does then he has learned nothing from the past 1.5 years. At least Westbrook was technically available for games, which in retrospect was probably a bad thing.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 6:28 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Kyrie is not the answer.
No, no, no.
Team and coach killer.
Funny how some are blind to the person Kyrie is and has been versus the talent on the court. It’s not just about stupid basketball.

Kyrie wasn't the problem in Dallas my guy. In fact they had a better record with him than they did with Luka. The issue was their lack of quality role players and defense. Dallas fans hated Kidd more than Kyrie this season. Yes, the sample size was small and Kyrie is unpredictable, but I'd give Dallas one more season to see how well it works out for them. I think Cuban will be maxing him next season.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 6:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Maybe.

You talk about other players being in X # of teams in Y # of years but it’s all good to you that he’s basically leaving every team with a smoldering burning bridge? Why in the world would he go from wanting his 47m to half that?

We need an upgrade in talent. Don’t care if it’s kyrie, he just seems like he’s gettable.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 6:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

If he does then he has learned nothing from the past 1.5 years. At least Westbrook was technically available for games, which in retrospect was probably a bad thing.

I've said numerous times the best option would be to run it back and let Lebron play a diminished role to Rui and AR. Rui and AR will be all-star caliber next season. Lakers have something special going, even if they lose to the Nuggets.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 6:32 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Kyrie is not the answer.
No, no, no.
Team and coach killer.

Kyrie wasn't the problem in Dallas my guy. In fact they had a better record with him than they did with Luka. The issue was their lack of quality role players and defense. Dallas fans hated Kidd more than Kyrie this season. Yes, the sample size was small and Kyrie is unpredictable, but I'd give Dallas one more season to see how well it works out for them. I think Cuban will be maxing him next season.

I agree with your last part. They will offer him more money than other teams via Bird rights. And behind the smokescreen that is all that Ky cares about right now. He’s had chances to take less and every time he’s elected to get the max money. Which is what most people should and would do in his case.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8
Jump to: