Have you gone back to indoor dining and/or the gym?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you gone back to indoor dining and/or the gym?
Yes
86%
 86%  [ 19 ]
No, still following Covid protocols
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 22

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 12:06 pm    Post subject: Have you gone back to indoor dining and/or the gym?

What pandemic restrictions are you still observing?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Yes, like two years ago after I first got vaccinated. What are you worried about at this point CC?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 12:46 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Yes, like two years ago after I first got vaccinated. What are you worried about at this point CC?

Not death or hospitalization, but long Covid/organ damage.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 12:48 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
What pandemic restrictions are you still observing?

None.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:28 pm    Post subject:

No, I haven’t gone back to indoor dining yet since I’ve been mostly cooking at home and/or getting takeout on a rare occasion. This isn’t a result of observing pandemic restrictions, things have just gotten really expensive.

I actually stopped wearing a mask full-time a few months ago, but will still wear one depending on the venue. There was a music festival/concert last month in Vegas — I noticed only a handful of maskers out of 1500 including myself. These days, you will still see people wearing masks at Asian markets especially with the XBB variant making the rounds.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:36 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
No, I haven’t gone back to indoor dining yet since I’ve been mostly cooking at home and/or getting takeout on a rare occasion. This isn’t a result of observing pandemic restrictions, things have just gotten really expensive.

I actually stopped wearing a mask full-time a few months ago, but will still wear one depending on the venue. There was a music festival/concert last month in Vegas — I noticed only a handful of maskers out of 1500 including myself. These days, you will still see people wearing masks at Asian markets especially with the XBB variant making the rounds.

Yeah, it seems to me that dining out is a lot more expensive than it used to be. I got Chinese takeout last week and it was $47. Imagine paying 20% tip on top of it.

Doordash in particular is just ridiculous these days.

XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 2:55 pm    Post subject:

^It has gone up considerably, hope you were able to get 2-3 dishes/entrees with some decent portions with that order. Our local Chinese place is now at $14-$19 per entree when they used to be $10-$15. Couldn’t imagine paying $56+ (with 20% tip incl) for a few entrees, but this is where we’re at now.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Yes once my youngest, born may 21, was through her initial baby vaccines and we had our booster in oct 21 we started eating indoors again. But I don’t go to gyms, I’ve always exercised at home even before the pandemic.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 4:49 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Yes once my youngest, born may 21, was through her initial baby vaccines and we had our booster in oct 21 we started eating indoors again. But I don’t go to gyms, I’ve always exercised at home even before the pandemic.

How do you exercise at home?

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 6:42 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
trmiv wrote:

How do you exercise at home?

I used to just do random YouTube videos, Funk Roberts, Zeus Fitness, Fitness Blender, etc. But my wife wanted a Lulelemon Studio Mirror like 6 months ago so we got it for her. I tried it and liked it so I use that as my main way to workout now. Tons of different classes for different workout types. I mainly do HIIT/tabata workouts and some weight based workouts with either adjustable weights or kettlebells.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 8:19 am    Post subject:

I observe no pandemic restrictions, it’s business as usual. I’ve been dining outdoors whenever my favorite restaurants were available.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 4:48 pm    Post subject:

I don't do the gym (I am blessed with my physique lol ) however I am not dining in at restaurants as much not due to covid but due to inflation and the overall rise in cost of doing so.

It is brutal, much of it is food costs and labor shortages, but paying more for what may be a worse experience than in the past is not attractive to me.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 6:00 pm    Post subject:

No more gym for me, I picked up a Tonal Home Gym so I can work out like LeBron. Pre-Covid I was going to LA Fitness mid-Wilshire and Be early Hills a few times a week.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 2:22 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
No more gym for me, I picked up a Tonal Home Gym so I can work out like LeBron. Pre-Covid I was going to LA Fitness mid-Wilshire and Be early Hills a few times a week.

Is Tonal just as good as a gym for strength training? Does it make a lot of noise around the house?

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 2:23 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I don't do the gym (I am blessed with my physique lol ) however I am not dining in at restaurants as much not due to covid but due to inflation and the overall rise in cost of doing so.

It is brutal, much of it is food costs and labor shortages, but paying more for what may be a worse experience than in the past is not attractive to me.

I paid $43.78 picking up ramen and a couple of appetizers tonight. If I’d eaten inside and had to tip 20%, it would have been $50.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 7:49 am    Post subject:

I bought a concept2 rower at a fraction of the cost from a gym going out of business. Great investment .
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject:

I'm not comfortable without a mask in public. Too many people didn't get vaccinated. I use Instacart for grocery shopping. When I go to a restaurant I wear a mask. I take it off to eat. I probably look weird. Not many wear masks.

I have a total gym. It's a great full-body workout machine.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 11:27 am    Post subject:

I've mostly stopped with Covid restrictions. I'm not opposed to wearing masks and did so consistently when I was working out of Japan. I've gotten a lot of boosters though and at this point I feel comfortable -- I imagine driving from OC to SD is probably more dangerous than the Covid risk at this point, but I wouldn't let that stop me from living my life.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 8:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm not comfortable without a mask in public. Too many people didn't get vaccinated. I use Instacart for grocery shopping. When I go to a restaurant I wear a mask. I take it off to eat. I probably look weird. Not many wear masks.

Too many people without masks imo to make it beneficial to even wear one for your own safety. Still think it's good to wear one to protect others in cases you have symptoms.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:40 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Too many people without masks imo to make it beneficial to even wear one for your own safety. Still think it's good to wear one to protect others in cases you have symptoms.

Wearing a good mask is good for your safety too. But either wear it or don’t. Wearing a mask to the restaurant and taking it off while eating is like wearing a life jacket to the beach but taking it off while swimming.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:31 pm    Post subject:

What gets me is people I see wearing masks that are still chin diapering inside. Like you don’t have to wear a mask anymore, so if you’re still wearing one, wear it correctly.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:54 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
What gets me is people I see wearing masks that are still chin diapering inside. Like you don’t have to wear a mask anymore, so if you’re still wearing one, wear it correctly.

YUP! I've approached people not wearing the mask correctly and made them aware. So far I've only been thanked. Waiting to hear MYOFB! 😡 🤬

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:34 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

This is funny.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Aug 2023 Updates:
Looks like the recent Taylor Swift Eris Tour at SoFi may have been a superspreader event, at least according to folks in the local {Reddit group}.

LAUSD starts on Monday. Got a runny nose, sniffles? *No worries! Come to school, LAUSD says {article}*
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:12 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
Aug 2023 Updates:
Looks like the recent Taylor Swift Eris Tour at SoFi may have been a superspreader event, at least according to folks in the local {Reddit group}.

LAUSD starts on Monday. Got a runny nose, sniffles? *No worries! Come to school, LAUSD says {article}*

That’s weird. Isn’t sofi stadium semi-outdoors?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: