Lamar Odom sues ex-manager for allegedly stealing his home, forging docs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:38 am    Post subject: Lamar Odom sues ex-manager for allegedly stealing his home, forging docs

https://pagesix.com/2023/06/14/lamar-odom-sues-ex-manager-for-allegedly-stealing-his-home/

Quote:
Lamar Odom sues ex-manager for allegedly stealing his home, forging docs

Lamar Odom is suing his former manager, Tonita Bybee, for allegedly forging documents in order to steal his home.

According to the lawsuit, obtained exclusively by Page Six on Wednesday, Odom alleges that Bybee — whom he claims he fired in May 2022 — concocted a scheme and improperly sold off a house he owns in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a third party by forging a deed.

The retired NBA star claims the house in question has been in his family “for nearly three decades.”

He also claims his aunt Carol Janean Mercer has been living there since the August 2022 passing of his uncle Michael Mercer.

00:00

00:45
Enlarge ImageTonita Bybee
The retired NBA star claims Bybee forged documents in order to steal his Brooklyn home, where his aunt lives.
iamtonitab/instagram
Per the suit, Carol Janean is purportedly facing eviction as a result of Bybee’s alleged “fraudulent transfer.”

Odom, 43, is accusing Bybee of “identity theft,” “conversion,” “embezzlement,” “misappropriation” and “various other iterations of fraud.”

He claims she “acted with malice, wanton dishonesty and a high degree of immoral turpitude.”

Enlarge ImageLamar Odom
Odom alleges he fired Bybee in May 2022 but that she continued to book him gigs and collect payment.
Getty Images
The former basketball player is also suing the public notary whom he claims “improperly notarized” the allegedly forged deed because they “attested” to his “presence and signature, despite the fact that [he] never appeared before [the public notary] either in person or remotely to execute the forged deed.”

Odom claims Bybee engaged in unauthorized use of his name, signature, likeness, social security number, employer identification number at one of his companies, verified social media accounts and email addresses.

For more Page Six you love …

Listen to our weekly “We Hear” podcast
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Shop our exclusive merch
Moreover, the ex-husband of Khloé Kardashian alleges Bybee used his personal information “to defraud people and businesses by accepting speaking and appearance engagements” after she was terminated — and that she collected payment anyway.

Odom also claims Bybee owes him money from his appearances on “Celebrity Big Brother,” “College Hill: Celebrity Edition” and “Celebrity Boxing,” as well as an NFT deal bearing his name and sponsored social media promotions.

Odom wants Bybee to pay him more than $1 million in damages.

The former Los Angeles Lakers power forward is seeking more than $1 million in damages.

His attorney, Zachary G. Meyer, tells Page Six, “We greatly look forward to vindicating Lamar’s right in this matter.”

Bybee of Savvy Girl Consulting and Talent Management Group did not immediately respond to our request for comment.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:43 am    Post subject:

Sad how Lamar’s life went downhill so fast as soon as he left the NBA.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:09 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

It started long before he left the NBA.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:13 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

His life was pretty tumultuous we just didn't hear about it until he was covered by the tabloids.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:46 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Being drafted to the Clippers will do that to you. He needed Phil Jackson, George Mumford and Tim Grover as his mentors when he was 19, not the clown show that was the Clippers organization.

Kinda similar to the Ja and Zion situation right now. Hope those kids figure it out. It just goes back to what Lillard talked about in JJ Reddick's podcast. The significance of having the right combination of players, mentors, veterans, coaches cannot be understated.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Being drafted to the Clippers will do that to you. He needed Phil Jackson, George Mumford and Tim Grover as his mentors when he was 19, not the clown show that was the Clippers organization.

Kinda similar to the Ja and Zion situation right now. Hope those kids figure it out. It just goes back to what Lillard talked about in JJ Reddick's podcast. The significance of having the right combination of players, mentors, veterans, coaches cannot be understated.

Lamar was LeBron James before LeBron James, albeit way less athletic. It’s weird to me that he never made even a single all star appearance.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:32 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

The KKK brought L.O. down:

1 - Kardashians
2 - Kocaine
3 - Krew

The Krew was a problem even while he played. Entourages are expensive and enabling. It didn't help with #2, and led to (allegedly) some encounters with "women" that made the Kardashian a step up.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Not similar at all. Lamar grew up poor, around drug use, in the projects. Nothing like the 2 you compare it to
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:49 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Not similar at all. Lamar grew up poor, around drug use, in the projects. Nothing like the 2 you compare it to

Lamar had a baby sitter at URI watching him 100% of the time. A family took him in to safeguard him as well. The Clips knew he needed help and did everything they could (hiring Jerry D) to keep his continuous support structure.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:25 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

1 - Kardashians
2 - Kocaine
3 - Krew

The Krew was a problem even while he played. Entourages are expensive and enabling. It didn't help with #2, and led to (allegedly) some encounters with "women" that made the Kardashian a step up.

Coincidentally, I was at BMO stadium next to USC (formerly called Banc of California Stadium) to see Blink 182. Kourtney Kardashian was there and held up a sign that said “Travis, I’m pregnant” towards the end of the concert. He (the drummer) got off stage and kissed her in front of everyone.

Small world. I didn’t even know they were married.

Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:53 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yeah same thing with our draft picks Dlo and Engram. Dlo talked about living off of food stamps and worrying about where his next meal would be coming from. Ingram grew up in Kinston. It was either basketball or the streets for him, according to one of his former coaches. Luckily he had Stackhouse and his father teaching him how to be a professional. The right people do matter. I bring up Mumford because he was a heroin addict himself. He recovered and went on to be the guru behind Kobe and MJ's psychological advantage.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:29 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

1 - Kardashians
2 - Kocaine
3 - Krew

Coincidentally, I was at BMO stadium next to USC (formerly called Banc of California Stadium) to see Blink 182. Kourtney Kardashian was there and held up a sign that said “Travis, I’m pregnant” towards the end of the concert. He (the drummer) got off stage and kissed her in front of everyone.

Travis Barker's career tanking in . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 .
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yeah same thing with our draft picks Dlo and Engram. Dlo talked about living off of food stamps and worrying about where his next meal would be coming from. Ingram grew up in Kinston. It was either basketball or the streets for him, according to one of his former coaches. Luckily he had Stackhouse and his father teaching him how to be a professional. The right people do matter. I bring up Mumford because he was a heroin addict himself. He recovered and went on to be the guru behind Kobe and MJ's psychological advantage.

For some reason, the idea of no defense chucker Stackhouse being a mentor to a future all start is hilarious to me.

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

1 - Kardashians
2 - Kocaine
3 - Krew

Travis Barker's career tanking in . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 .

Hasn’t it already? They only have three albums since 2003.

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:11 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

1 - Kardashians
2 - Kocaine
3 - Krew

Yeah folks got really up in arms about that. Probably because they're too young to remember the video for "all the small things" and it was a parody of a scene that took place in that video lol
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Anyway sad to read this about Lamar. On the one hand I thought he was better under control nowadays, but on the other hand there's probably a lot of pass damage (like this situation) left behind.

Hopefully he can come all the way up.

(Edited - run on sentence alert. Punctuation is a real thing.)
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:36 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

1 - Kardashians
2 - Kocaine
3 - Krew

Yeah folks got really up in arms about that. Probably because they're too young to remember the video for "all the small things" and it was a parody of a scene that took place in that video lol

Were you at the concert that day too?

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:17 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
TDRock wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

1 - Kardashians
2 - Kocaine
3 - Krew

No I just heard about the controversy

"She shouldn't have done that! Why whould she put him on the spot with major life news like that!?"

Ah youngins. Lol
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:44 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
TDRock wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

1 - Kardashians
2 - Kocaine
3 - Krew

"She shouldn't have done that! Why whould she put him on the spot with major life news like that!?"

Ah youngins. Lol

Youngins? How old are you?

CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:02 pm    Post subject:

You guys are acting like you have lived his life or been in his shoes
Lol. Let him be and worry about your own life decisions or your family's
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:57 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

For some reason, the idea of no defense chucker Stackhouse being a mentor to a future all start is hilarious to me.

Ya his game was downright inefficient, but most aspiring NBA players would love to be mentored by an 18 year vet with multiple all-star appearances. Players that can stick in the league for that long certainly have a lot to pass on to the youth.

More than anything, it's about teaching these kids how to be professionals and not make the same mistakes they did. And to be fair, though, none of those old cats had to deal with social media and the constant pressure by the media (unless you were in a big market). I would say social media literacy (and financial literacy) classes should be mandatory.

Having Corey Brewer here was also huge. He was basically the anti-Nick Young to our young core. Not a surprise he's an assistant now.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Ya his game was downright inefficient, but most aspiring NBA players would love to be mentored by an 18 year vet with multiple all-star appearances. Players that can stick in the league for that long certainly have a lot to pass on to the youth.

More than anything, it's about teaching these kids how to be professionals and not make the same mistakes they did. And to be fair, though, none of those old cats had to deal with social media and the constant pressure by the media (unless you were in a big market). I would say social media literacy (and financial literacy) classes should be mandatory.

Having Corey Brewer here was also huge. He was basically the anti-Nick Young to our young core. Not a surprise he's an assistant now.

lol, a scrub like Corey Brewer (who I forgot was even on the team) mentoring our young core is hilarious to me. I remember he scored 51 once, which is the highest point total I’ve ever seen out of a scrub.

I guess in some ways, it makes sense though. If a player is a scrub, the only way they remain in the league is by behaving professionally, setting a good example for younger players, and by making the right plays on the court. Hence why most good coaches that played in the NBA were role players and not stars.

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:29 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
TDRock wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
TDRock wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

1 - Kardashians
2 - Kocaine
3 - Krew

Ah youngins. Lol

Youngins? How old are you?

Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:07 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

lol, a scrub like Corey Brewer (who I forgot was even on the team) mentoring our young core is hilarious to me. I remember he scored 51 once, which is the highest point total I’ve ever seen out of a scrub.

I guess in some ways, it makes sense though. If a player is a scrub, the only way they remain in the league is by behaving professionally, setting a good example for younger players, and by making the right plays on the court. Hence why most good coaches that played in the NBA were role players and not stars.

It does seem like the best ones are end of the bench dudes like Jeff Green, Andre Iguodala, Udonis Haslem, etc. I mean you just have to see the influence Green had on the Nuggets in the playoffs, reeling the youngins in whenever they went off course in the playoffs. Dude was like a second coach to them. The year before that it was Iguodala coaching the (bleep) out of guys like Wiggins, who ended up outplaying Tatum in the finals. Jimmy Butler also gave Luol Deng mad respect for teaching him the ropes early on.

A lot of is setting an example and showing youngins how things should be done day in, day out. It's about how they carry themselves in practice, off the court, etc. Coaches eat that up, for better or for worse, though the modern game is changing and talent seems to be more important than veteran experience. Pretty much what Lillard lamented in JJ's podcast. He thinks all teams should have at least 2 vets. He knows youngins today are given the keys without earning anything, and it backfires more often than not. Ja is a prominent example of that.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:49 pm    Post subject:

You can tell Lamar was a nice dude. Probably hard for him to say no to people. But being in the NBA, you have to look at the success stories, and hit up those people and ask them, "Who did you let handle your finance?" I would have hit up Magic, MJ, Kobe, get their contacts.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: