Chris Paul to Washington
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

JustaObserver wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

JustaObserver wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

All teams that offered something and had interest but yet were beat by the Suns huge offer?

Why is that? Oh NTC

So what's your point?

You just look for me to help you with this "comprehension" thingy dont you?

smh..the point is it doesnt matter where he wishes to go or what he voids.
THE TEAM has the power to move him. He Doesnt. Until he gives up this fantasy of picking who he going to play with and WHAT THE TEAM(WASH) GET BACK....errm let me put this on another line so you can understand.... ...

NOT YELLING JUST EMPHASIZING THIS:
HE CAN ROT ON THE TEAM UNTIL WE GET VALUE FROM A TEAM.
MOREOVER HE IS NOT A EXPIRING SO I DONT HAVE NO PRESSURE TO TRADE HIM AT ALL.

Do you get the above?....do you understand the above....washington has no need to accept anything if they so chose. He can litterally rot in a washing jersey if he likes ..makes no difference...tickets will still be sold.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:00 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:

JustaObserver wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

JustaObserver wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

All teams that offered something and had interest but yet were beat by the Suns huge offer?

Why is that? Oh NTC

So what's your point?

THE TEAM has the power to move him. He Doesnt. Until he gives up this fantasy of picking who he going to play with and WHAT THE TEAM(WASH) GET BACK....errm let me put this on another line so you can understand.... ...

Do you get the above?....do you understand the above....washington has no need to accept anything if they so chose. He can litterally rot in a washing jersey if he likes ..makes no difference...tickets will still be sold.

Wizards showed you they think differently.

Happy to help you out with understanding what the Wizard's thought process was. You're welcome buddy.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Clippers chances of acquiring Chris Paul are heavily lowered if he is waived. The Lakers are considered the front runners around NBA circles. @TheAthleticNBA

https://twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1670958060742021120
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
The Clippers chances of acquiring Chris Paul are heavily lowered if he is waived. The Lakers are considered the front runners around NBA circles. @TheAthleticNBA

CP3 didn't leave the Clippers on happy terms. He pretty much forced his way out.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:

JustaObserver wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

JustaObserver wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Why is that? Oh NTC

So what's your point?

Happy to help you out with understanding what the Wizard's thought process was. You're welcome buddy.

You helped me? Man that comprehension and logic subject really needs to be retaken over..is there a community college or education building near your area?
Anyway
Why do you think everyone in the media is reporting that the Wiz deal was bad for them?

Lets see if you can answer this..What do you think players around the league and in the draft will look at the Washington Wiz as?

How do you think the other teams around the leauge will look at Washington?
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:18 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:

JustaObserver wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

JustaObserver wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Why is that? Oh NTC

So what's your point?

You helped me? Man that comprehension and logic subject really needs to be retaken over..is there a community college or education building near your area?
Anyway
Why do you think everyone in the media is reporting that the Wiz deal was bad for them?

Lets see if you can answer this..What do you think players around the league and in the draft will look at the Washington Wiz as?

A team that's rebuilding w/a lot of future salary cap. Wizards always been run of the mill team. Nothing new.

You speak as though the Wizards were contenders. They're a perennial 30-35 win team.

JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:

JustaObserver wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

JustaObserver wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Why is that? Oh NTC

So what's your point?

Anyway

A team that's rebuilding w/a lot of future salary cap. Wizards always been run of the mill team. Nothing new.

You speak as though the Wizards were contenders. They're a perennial 30-35 win team.

sooo you cant answer any of the questions presented? Just going to tell what the wizards are..why you cant answer questions? Does this have to do with not understanding the sentences? ahhh man this reading comprehension is really bad..when people said "Reading is fundamental"..they should maybe have said "Reading comprhension is fundamental."...man bless yo heart..well keep trying. It'll Be Okay? You'll get there. Just keep reading the sentence 5 or several times and you will get it.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Honestly if I'm the Wizards I announce I'm backing out of this trade. And if the Suns want to finalize this they need to add some firsts. It's not too late, nothing is finalized

See what that does to motivate Phoenix. And if they don't, take it to the mid-season trade deadline in 2024.

I'm sure cp3 and shamet will create a great team atmosphere for Phoenix.
If the league can stop a CP3 trade so can the Wizards
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:09 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:

JustaObserver wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

JustaObserver wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

Why is that? Oh NTC

So what's your point?

Anyway

sooo you cant answer any of the questions presented? Just going to tell what the wizards are..why you cant answer questions? Does this have to do with not understanding the sentences? ahhh man this reading comprehension is really bad..when people said "Reading is fundamental"..they should maybe have said "Reading comprhension is fundamental."...man bless yo heart..well keep trying. It'll Be Okay? You'll get there. Just keep reading the sentence 5 or several times and you will get it.

I do know if I mention DLO in any capacity you get triggered.

Wizards made the deal because they want cap space and want to be rid of Beal's albatross contract.

Nothing difficult to comprehend. I don't live in some alternate reality. What's done has been done.

You're just arguing in circles based on what you would do. Well you don't own or run the Wizards so what you say means nada.

Sorry buddy.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Honestly if I'm the Wizards I announce I'm backing out of this trade. And if the Suns want to finalize this they need to add some firsts. It's not too late to back out of this very bad decision they've made

See what that does to motivate Phoenix. And if they don't, take it to the mid-season trade deadline in 2024

You talking logic! You cant be talking all that logic up in here!

You going to make Beal flash his super NTC..It gives him super powers to overrule everything..even if the Wiz do what you said Some people think Beal will hold up his NTC contract in the air and say "Super! Super! Super NO TRADE CLAUSE HOOOO!"

The contract is going to start glowing and activate a glowing NTC in the sky, and Adam Silver is going to look up at the NTC Symbol and Silver's eyes going to glow yellow like the Thundercats, and he going to immediately call the Wiz and force them to do the trade..pfft
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

CP3 didn't leave the Clippers on happy terms. He pretty much forced his way out.

Didn't he play for the old owner? Or was it Ballmer? Don't pay attention to that loser team.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Didn't he play for the old owner? Or was it Ballmer? Don't pay attention to that loser team.
I’m positive CP3 played for Ballmer, I remember him giving Ballmer a high five during one home game in the playoffs.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Honestly if I'm the Wizards I announce I'm backing out of this trade. And if the Suns want to finalize this they need to add some firsts. It's not too late to back out of this very bad decision they've made

See what that does to motivate Phoenix. And if they don't, take it to the mid-season trade deadline in 2024

You going to make Beal flash his super NTC..It gives him super powers to overrule everything..even if the Wiz do what you said Some people think Beal will hold up his NTC contract in the air and say "Super! Super! Super NO TRADE CLAUSE HOOOO!"

The contract is going to start glowing and activate a glowing NTC in the sky, and Adam Silver is going to look up at the NTC Symbol and Silver's eyes going to glow yellow like the Thundercats, and he going to immediately call the Wiz and force them to do the trade..pfft

yes, but he has $207.6 million remaining on his contract, and his no-trade clause carries over with him, so now the Suns have the problem. The trade is not as lopsided as people think.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:07 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

yes, but he has $207.6 million remaining on his contract, and his no-trade clause carries over with him, so now the Suns have the problem. The trade is not as lopsided as people think.

Thats Tuff

That is not a healthy number to look at butt if Balmer is down with it he will infuse him with all the energy of a Windows 95 Launch.. WILD
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:13 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Haven't you heard, other teams were willing to take on $207.6M and give multiple 1st round picks to the Wizards .... oh wait NVM
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
paymonM wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Haven't you heard, other teams were willing to take on $207.6M and give multiple 1st round picks to the Wizards .... oh wait NVM

"Super! Super! Super NO TRADE CLAUSE HOOOO!" its all powerful!..pfft
And once again the Wiz could have told him no..and let him rot but they the ones who blinked under NEW MANGEMENT...sooo rookies make dumb mistakes..and thats no different with new Mangement.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:22 pm    Post subject:

FYI see signing CP3 post buyout triggers 1st Apron hard cap:

Trading for Cp3 even on an amended guaranteed deal of >15.8m won’t trigger the hardcap at the 172m 1st Apron.

However if dude is bought out / waived & comes here to sign the vet min, the 1st Apron hard cap gets triggered since his previous “bought out” salary would be >than this year’s ntpMLE amount of 12.4m

From the CBA Q&A thread…
Quote:
B. New Transaction Rules.
Teams will be subject to additional transaction rules related to the First Apron Level and Second Apron Level.

1. First Apron Level Rules.
In addition to the Tax Apron transaction rules in the current CBA, the following transaction rules will apply at the First Apron Level.

a. Signings – “Buyout” Players.
Teams will be unable to sign a player during a Regular Season if he was waived during that Regular Season and had a pre- waiver Salary for that year greater than the amount of that year’s Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Salary Exception.

b. Trades

i. Traded Player Exception (“TPE”) Multiplier

•During the period from July 1, 2023 through the last day of the 2023- 24 Regular Season, teams will be unable to use a TPE in excess of 110% of the Salary of the Traded Player(s); and

•Beginning on the day after the last day of the 2023-24 Regular Season, teams will be unable to use a TPE in excess of 100% of the Salary of the Traded Player(s).

ii. Pre-Existing TPEs.
Beginning on the day after the last day of the 2023- 24 Regular Season, teams will be unable to use a TPE generated in a prior year. (For purposes of this rule, a “year” is measured from end of Regular Season to end of Regular Season.)

2. Second Apron Level Rules.
The following transaction rules will apply at the Second Apron Level.

a. Signings – Taxpayer MLE.
Teams will be unable to use the Taxpayer Mid- Level Salary Exception.

b. Trades.
Beginning on the day after the last day of the 2023-24 Regular Season, teams will be unable to:

i. Aggregation.
Use a TPE generated by aggregating the Salaries of multiple Traded Players.

ii. Cash.
Convey cash to another team in a trade.

iii. Sign-and-Trade.
Acquire a Player Contract using a TPE in respect of a player whose Contract was traded pursuant to a sign-and-trade.

3. Administration of Transaction Rules

A. The transaction rules will work in the same manner as the Tax Apron rules set forth in the current CBA – i.e., a team with a Team Salary that exceeds the applicable Apron level will be unable to engage in the applicable transactions, and a team that engages in one or more of such transactions will be unable to subsequently have a Team Salary that exceeds the applicable Apron level in such Salary Cap Year.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:52 pm    Post subject:

^
Hmm, that in and of itself might make me want to pass on him entirely. I guess there are scenarios where we can pretty much bring everybody back and stay under $172MM, but it would be nice to have a few more million in wiggle room.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:20 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

Are you sure about that?

Quote:
Teams will be subject to additional transaction rules related to the First Apron Level and Second Apron Level.

In addition to the Tax Apron transaction rules in the current CBA, the following transaction rules will apply at the First Apron Level.

Teams will be unable to sign a player during a Regular Season if he was waived during that Regular Season and had a pre- waiver Salary for that year greater than the amount of that year’s Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Salary Exception.

No one is talking about signing Chris Paul during a Regular Season, and he isn't getting waived during a Regular Season. I think you're just quoting the term sheet, which doesn't reflect the exact language of the new CBA. Just the same, my interpretation of that language differs from yours.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:16 am    Post subject:

That language is strange, but I agree it sounds like it would be applicable to in season transactions. This is the offseason. If Paul were bought out/waived before the RS, then he is not a regular season bought out free agent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:20 am    Post subject:

However, I feel the Wizards by the guarantee of 25M plus and all the other pieces they are giving back the Suns (Jordan Goodwin, Isiah Todd) are looking at this as a move to get a contract they can get then move attain draft picks.

They will then probably dangle CP3 all season until trade deadline to get someone to unload a big contract and then a draft pick. That's the word on the street. It can also used in combination with a Porzingis option pick up. So in that case it's something like 60+M in salary. If a team wants to give up some draft picks and attain Porzingis/CP3 as support pieces, Washington can make that happen.

So I would put the CP3 stuff away for now, and I certainly hope the Lakers FO is not planning to replace DLO with CP3. I am not someone that thinks we are better off with CP3 than DLO. Going with an old washed up team around AD/Bron does not work at this point in their careers. We are better served in the interim to hang on to DLO and move him only if we can upgrade defensively/shooting wise using him as a trade chip.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:11 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
That language is strange, but I agree it sounds like it would be applicable to in season transactions. This is the offseason. If Paul were bought out/waived before the RS, then he is not a regular season bought out free agent.

Yes, I think that the CBA is targeting stuff situations where someone decides that he wants to bail on his current team and join a contender in the middle of the season. I've said before that this is unseemly. It's easy to see why the owners would have gotten sick of it.

As a technical aside, it's not clear that the new CBA rules even apply right now. The new CBA presumably goes into effect on July 1. I don't know the answer to this question, but it is possible that this rule would not even apply if the Wizards bought out Chris Paul right now.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:22 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
However, I feel the Wizards by the guarantee of 25M plus and all the other pieces they are giving back the Suns (Jordan Goodwin, Isiah Todd) are looking at this as a move to get a contract they can get then move attain draft picks.

They will then probably dangle CP3 all season until trade deadline to get someone to unload a big contract and then a draft pick. That's the word on the street. It can also used in combination with a Porzingis option pick up. So in that case it's something like 60+M in salary. If a team wants to give up some draft picks and attain Porzingis/CP3 as support pieces, Washington can make that happen.

This is undoubtedly what the Wizards are trying to do. Set aside Porzingis for the moment, because we don't know what he is going to do. The Wizards can hang onto Chris Paul as an expiring contract and hope that they can flip him for something. The contract is guaranteed for this season anyway, so they don't have an incentive to waive him unless he agrees to a sizable cut in a buyout. I'm not sure that they would get much for him, but they have nothing to lose.

I see people in the media (and here) trying to spin this as a good move for the Wizards because they will clear cap space in future years. The problem is that cap space has little value unless you can get premium players to sign with you. We've seen this problem up close with the Lakers. The top free agents will be reluctant to join a threadbare roster. You've got to have a credible roster (as we eventually did with all of the kids) or else you're going to wind up giving big contracts to second or third tier free agents. In the latter case, the Wizards would wind up back where they started.

This is why it surprises me so much that the Wizards made a deal with minimal draft capital coming back. Next summer, they could have a huge amount of cap space that they can't really use effectively.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:08 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

This is undoubtedly what the Wizards are trying to do. Set aside Porzingis for the moment, because we don't know what he is going to do. The Wizards can hang onto Chris Paul as an expiring contract and hope that they can flip him for something. The contract is guaranteed for this season anyway, so they don't have an incentive to waive him unless he agrees to a sizable cut in a buyout. I'm not sure that they would get much for him, but they have nothing to lose.

I see people in the media (and here) trying to spin this as a good move for the Wizards because they will clear cap space in future years. The problem is that cap space has little value unless you can get premium players to sign with you. We've seen this problem up close with the Lakers. The top free agents will be reluctant to join a threadbare roster. You've got to have a credible roster (as we eventually did with all of the kids) or else you're going to wind up giving big contracts to second or third tier free agents. In the latter case, the Wizards would wind up back where they started.

This is why it surprises me so much that the Wizards made a deal with minimal draft capital coming back. Next summer, they could have a huge amount of cap space that they can't really use effectively.

You got chris Paul but in the same position with Beal but Chris i dont think can even produce like he did in OKC...it was a bad move they really shouldnt have done.

Here this poster puts the pefect situation of why MOST people are saying the Wiz were stupid to do this move. They should have just let beal play another year instead of just accepting anything. Once he started talking crazy and not negotiating in good faith(ie expecting the team to get nothing) his tail would have been back in the Wash lockerroom playing for the Wiz next sseason.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:55 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Are you sure about that?

Quote:

No one is talking about signing Chris Paul during a Regular Season, and he isn't getting waived during a Regular Season. I think you're just quoting the term sheet, which doesn't reflect the exact language of the new CBA. Just the same, my interpretation of that language differs from yours.

Yeah, I’m not sure about this either, but I just want to have folks pay attention to it till we get further clarity.

The way the term sheet uses “Regular Season” (see floor specification and roster size moving to 21 instead of 20 during “off-season”) does imply that you are correct in being dubious about this matter. For example, earlier reports had made it where buyout players were banned from 2nd Apron breachers, yet in the term sheet it falls under the 1st Apron limitations. So hopefully folks can came back with further intel clarifying this matter if they run across it in the coming days.

There’s also the possibility that he could potentially be a buyout candidate later than expected.

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski: “Chris Paul is waiting now for the Washington Wizards to continue trade conversations around the league about expanding this two-way deal with the Suns into a three-way deal that perhaps could send Chris Paul to a contender. (…) If they’re not able to do this, Washington imagines a scenario I’m told, where Chris Paul is their point guard this season. They’re in a rebuild, they’re reshaping this roster. I don’t sense they’re trying to bottom out and really tank tank.”

Also it appears the cLips are interested in trading for dude in case that buyout rule does end up getting in the way.

Quote:
The Clippers and Wizards touched base yesterday on a potential Chris Paul trade, per @WindhorstESPN.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9
Jump to: