40th Pick: MAXWELL LEWIS is a Laker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:30 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

MJST wrote:
Maxwell Lewis with some insane bounce athleticism

https://twitter.com/RajChipalu/status/1749640329626788007

If we get his three consistent and locked in on defense we could have something there.

He's not a two way right lol he has an actual contract

yeah he's on a regular contract.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Stats for the season in 17 games

13.4 PTS
4.3 Reb
1.3 AST/1.9 TO
0.9 STL/0.8 blk
46/35/82
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:17 am    Post subject:

Maxwell Lewis Highlights vs Ignite | 25 points, 5 3PM

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Looking good out there. If he continues to progress hopefully he'll show out in summer league like Christie did.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:47 am    Post subject:

Looking forward to this kid in summer league. I expect him to be in the rotation next season. I think he’s special.

PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Why aren’t we more excited about this kid? I think we are severely underrating this kid and he will take a huge step this offseason. His game is pretty well rounded. He has the physical gifts, height, length, athleticism, agility. He can shoot the ball, handle the ball, drive and kick. He can finish at the rim.

His game seems pretty mature. He looks to pass the ball and take what the defense gives him. I think the game moved a little too fast for him at the nba level but he’s slowly catching up. I expect a huge jump this offseason similar to Max Christie. He may be able to contribute as a 3&D player as well next season.

Dont sleep on Maxwell. He has great work ethic !

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:48 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Why aren’t we more excited about this kid? I think we are severely underrating this kid and he will take a huge step this offseason. His game is pretty well rounded. He has the physical gifts, height, length, athleticism, agility. He can shoot the ball, handle the ball, drive and kick. He can finish at the rim.

His game seems pretty mature. He looks to pass the ball and take what the defense gives him. I think the game moved a little too fast for him at the nba level but he’s slowly catching up. I expect a huge jump this offseason similar to Max Christie. He may be able to contribute as a 3&D player as well next season.

Same size as Jerami grant who also was a 2nd rd pick, finger cross
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:45 am    Post subject:

I’m excited to watch this guy in summer league. I hope he can develop into Trey Murphy.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:01 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Looking forward to this kid in summer league. I expect him to be in the rotation next season. I think he’s special.

Based on what?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:35 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

Says who? I liked the pick but I assumed he's a project and it'll be years until he's a rotation player (if he gets there)
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:54 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Says who? I liked the pick but I assumed he's a project and it'll be years until he's a rotation player (if he gets there)

Before we drafted him I saw a documentary on the kid. He seems to have had a pro work ethic since high school. I’ll look for the documentary and post if I find it. Another sign was his broth between year one and two in college.

I actually got summer league tickets for the first time since Lonzo/kuz just because of this kid and the possibility that we land edey.

lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:57 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

yeah, he shot 42% fg and 35% 3 in the g-league. i think he's 2 years away from being 2 years away, lol
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:57 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Based on what?

Based on his style of play. Similar to max Christie in that he doesn’t try to do too much out there. He drives and kicks, shoots wide open shot. You can tell he’s thinking out there. Based on what I’ve seen from G-league if we have a good coach he could eat up some minutes as a 3&D guy. I’m expecting similar growth as Max from year 1-2 and I expect him to get around the same minutes.

No reason he should lose minutes to cam reddish.

He can hit wide open spot up jumpers, he’s long, and he’s athletic. He should easily be able to get minutes as a 3&D guy. He was drafted for his potential to be more of a playmaking wing and he’s not ready for that yet.

Small role as a 3&D wing in slot minutes? Absolutely.

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:17 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
tox wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Before we drafted him I saw a documentary on the kid. He seems to have had a pro work ethic since high school. I’ll look for the documentary and post if I find it. Another sign was his broth between year one and two in college.

I actually got summer league tickets for the first time since Lonzo/kuz just because of this kid and the possibility that we land edey.

I thought he seemed like a pretty dumb player from what limited amount of his tape (mostly summer league & garbage time) I saw of him. I liked his tools so if he truly has a great work ethic then that's awesome. Just listening to Christie talk made me confident he will be a good player at some point. Hope that's true of Lewis as well.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:14 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
tox wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

I thought he seemed like a pretty dumb player from what limited amount of his tape (mostly summer league & garbage time) I saw of him. I liked his tools so if he truly has a great work ethic then that's awesome. Just listening to Christie talk made me confident he will be a good player at some point. Hope that's true of Lewis as well.

I agree Christie is well spoken and seems to to have a higher overall I.Q. I was thinking the same thing when I heard Lewis for the first time compared to JHS. However, I think his work ethic will trump I.Q. He needs minutes though for sure. I think if we have good development coaches he will be fine.

PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:14 pm    Post subject:

I saw a video with him in the gym with dinwiddie a while ago. So he’s working !

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:16 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
MJST wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Based on what?

Based on his style of play. Similar to max Christie in that he doesn’t try to do too much out there. He drives and kicks, shoots wide open shot. You can tell he’s thinking out there. Based on what I’ve seen from G-league if we have a good coach he could eat up some minutes as a 3&D guy. I’m expecting similar growth as Max from year 1-2 and I expect him to get around the same minutes.

He can hit wide open spot up jumpers, he’s long, and he’s athletic. He should easily be able to get minutes as a 3&D guy. He was drafted for his potential to be more of a playmaking wing and he’s not ready for that yet.

How was his play in the G-League? Did he struggle mightily there? How was his shooting against that competition?
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:57 am    Post subject:

People are interested in Lewis because he looks the part and has elite measurables. He's a raw prospect so nobody expects him to dominate the g league which isn't a reliable indicator of NBA success anyway. Whereas JHS will always be a below average athlete with no real defining quality and his G league play didn't translate whatsoever to his NBA minutes. I want to be encouraged by JHS but right now his biggest issue is that he has no confidence at all when he gets a chance on the main stage.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:24 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
MJST wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Based on what?

How was his play in the G-League? Did he struggle mightily there? How was his shooting against that competition?

He wasn’t great but he had some big games where he hit 5+ threes. He isn’t very aggressive looking for his own shot like a lot of G-league players are. It seems like he kind of just lets to game come to him instead of forcing things. I think we saw that passiveness last summer as well.

That doesn’t really bother me though because the only way he gets minutes is by playing defense, taking what the game gives him, and making wide open shots. I’m a believer in his shot btw.
I excited for summer league.

Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Hope he develops. Has tools
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:40 pm    Post subject:

How are people feeling about Lewis after two SL games?
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:29 pm    Post subject:

He did not look good to me. Hopefully he will fare better in Vegas.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:03 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:

It’s about player development, according to Pelinka.

JJ is probably drawing up plays, at this very moment for Lewis.

Do we trust JJ’s Magic Clipboard?
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
He did not look good to me. Hopefully he will fare better in Vegas.

Yeah, I don't think anybody looks particularly good. However, I'm not faulting the players, or questioning their level of potential talent.

The Summer League is, by nature, inherently favorable to more athletic/high energy players/teams. Since there's very little structure/familiarity, games swing mostly on who's the most aggressive/active. The most athletic player on our team is Maxwell Lewis. After him, it drops. Our squads half court offense is an absolute mess. Add to that, the team doesn't have anybody who can consistently make plays for themselves, in scramble situations, or facilitate for others...

This changes in the NBA, though, where structure rules the day. Yes, athleticism and activity help. But, aggressiveness without proper direction, is just recklessness. I look at Summer League as more of a "do these guys have a strong foundation to work from" type of deal.

In that respect, the guys who looked good to me were Max Lewis, Knecht, Hinson, and Colin.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:12 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:

I'm very luke warm on him. He doesnt have high basketball IQ. He makes terrible decisions on the court and his jumper is completely broken. The jumper can be fixed though. With that said he has intangibles that you cant teach. I love the way he moves so effortlessly out there. You can tell he has massive untapped potential. But ultimately i think we are 3-4 years away before MaxL can possibly contribute. And by then he probably wont be in a Lakers uniform
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12
Jump to: