Lakers waiving Mo Bamba, not picking up Beasley's option (Pg 2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Mo for the BAE would be good value.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Thank god they’re gone. Beasley was utterly useless, and Bamba was a disappointment. That and Ham just never played him…ever.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Thank god they’re gone. Beasley was utterly useless, and Bamba was a disappointment. That and Ham just never played him…ever.

What are you talking about? You have noooo center right now. He also didnt really get a chance to play sooo you dont know what he can do. Also Ham Hock Head really never knows what he got on his team unless he in a bind ..Lonnie Walker and TT say "Hi".
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:59 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Megaton wrote:

What are you talking about? You have noooo center right now. He also didnt really get a chance to play sooo you dont know what he can do. Also Ham Hock Head really never knows what he got on his team unless he in a bind ..Lonnie Walker and TT say "Hi".

I’ll humor that drunk post with a simple, “it’s called we sign a different center”.

I know, crazy concept right? Don’t worry good sir, there are plenty of them alive and well!

Ham is currently the coach, so even though I agree he’s a total idiot, the fact still remains, Ham never played Bamba and never will. So might as well cut him loose.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Megaton wrote:

I’ll humor that drunk post with a simple, “it’s called we sign a different center”.

I know, crazy concept right? Don’t worry good sir, there are plenty of them alive and well!

Ham is currently the coach, so even though I agree he’s a total idiot, the fact still remains, Ham never played Bamba and never will. So might as well cut him loose.

Ham couldn't play Bamba because Bamba got hurt, not because of a personal vendetta. crazy concept right?
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Well, if we lose Bamba there's always Montrezl Harrell
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:38 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Well, if we lose Bamba there's always Montrezl Harrell

NO No and no.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Welp let me help you come back to reality...Name a Center out there that can spread the floor and defend the paint?...Put on those delusional glasses if you want but if Brook dont step thru that door....who you got? Plumlee? lol
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Megaton wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Welp let me help you come back to reality...Name a Center out there that can spread the floor and defend the paint?...Put on those delusional glasses if you want but if Brook dont step thru that door....who you got? Plumlee? lol

Precisely! Getting Bamba back is important because if we don't, unless we land Lopez we have NO center outside of our draft pick.

Now if this results in us signing Lopez and having Bamba as his backup then it will be seen as a stroke of genius. But it's a big risk because Lopez isn't guaranteed, and if Bamba leaves.. we're screwed in terms of centers.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:49 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Megaton wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Precisely! Getting Bamba back is important because if we don't, unless we land Lopez we have NO center outside of our draft pick.

Now if this results in us signing Lopez and having Bamba as his backup then it will be seen as a stroke of genius. But it's a big risk because Lopez isn't guaranteed, and if Bamba leaves.. we're screwed in terms of centers.

Lets even say we dont get Lopez and get Plumlee....ummm you got a banger but not a person that can get the opponents center away from the basket ala a good three point shooter at center...this is why you can get rid of bease but Bamba can space the floor play D and good trade deadline trade piece. If we miss out on Lopez and even get everybody's new toy Bruce Brown..is he going to play Center too?
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Bamba on the BAE.
Otherwise flyer on Hayes.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Bamba on the BAE.
Otherwise flyer on Hayes.

Can Hayes space the floor and defend?
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:13 pm    Post subject:

The reports are about Bamba and Beasley, and about possible full MLE offers to Bruce Brown or Brook Lopez, but it's really about DLo whose name is not mentioned at all. Either the team does not want him back, or it's negotiation tactics.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Nuggets aren't going to let Brown sign somewhere else are they?

I'm interested to see what they can make out of that big kid Braun.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:33 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Nuggets aren't going to let Brown sign somewhere else are they?

I'm interested to see what they can make out of that big kid Braun.

Nuggets have no realistic avenue to resign Bruce Brown. His market value is way over what they can offer.

Braun is under rookie contract.

I like what they got in the draft. Traded into the first round and picked Julian Strawther. Also a pair of seniors in the second round.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:57 am    Post subject:

I really doubt Beasley is back, unless his value has really tanked.

Bamba I think is possible, but if anyone is offering him upwards of $5 million, I think he is gone.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:52 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

Bamba I think is possible, but if anyone is offering him upwards of $5 million, I think he is gone.

What is the most the Lakers can offer Bamba..vet min..or it is possible to pay more depending on the other contracts they sign?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:55 am    Post subject:

Mo and Beasley are going to come back. They LOVED playing for Ham and feel like they owe him and the Lakers some gratitude
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:07 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Megaton wrote:

I really hate to agree with justobserver, but he’s right here. Bamba got hurt so quickly after he got here that we really didn’t even know what we had and him.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:23 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

What is the most the Lakers can offer Bamba..vet min..or it is possible to pay more depending on the other contracts they sign?

Depends on other contracts. They can use an exception on him. BAE is like $5M so maybe that, if they get a Bruce Brown type with the MLE
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:46 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Ham couldn't play Bamba because Bamba got hurt, not because of a personal vendetta. crazy concept right?

Except Bamba when he was healthy, never played either besides garbage time.

I don’t think it’s personal vendetta, it’s just Ham’s fetish for 3/4 guard lineups is all. Anybody taller than 6’4 scares the living crap out of him besides Lebron and AD.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:08 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Megaton wrote:

I don’t think it’s personal vendetta, it’s just Ham’s fetish for 3/4 guard lineups is all. Anybody taller than 6’4 scares the living crap out of him besides Lebron and AD.

And thats a problem..when your GM has to get rid of people Pat Bev and WB and people in media joke that trade them because it gets rid of his unpopular lineup strategy of small 3 guard lineup thats bad. They even know that he does that too much.

Moreover, i really think we wouldnt know what TT, Rui, or LW could do if he wasnt backed up against a wall during certain times in games..smh.

Rui would play good and next thing you know he trying to sit him back down in games like he hiding him...just crazy

TT was healthy but get no playing time...smh. Everybody thought he couldnt play anymore....

LW4 roting on the bench to where people thought he was unplayable after he came back from injury..(Gomer Pile Voice) "well surprise! surpirse!" He actually can still play!..smh.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:54 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Megaton wrote:
MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Megaton wrote:

And thats a problem..when your GM has to get rid of people Pat Bev and WB and people in media joke that trade them because it gets rid of his unpopular lineup strategy of small 3 guard lineup thats bad. They even know that he does that too much.

Moreover, i really think we wouldnt know what TT, Rui, or LW could do if he wasnt backed up against a wall during certain times in games..smh.

Rui would play good and next thing you know he trying to sit him back down in games like he hiding him...just crazy

TT was healthy but get no playing time...smh. Everybody thought he couldnt play anymore....

LW4 roting on the bench to where people thought he was unplayable after he came back from injury..(Gomer Pile Voice) "well surprise! surpirse!" He actually can still play!..smh.

The counter to your argument is Rui got dealt for seconds because of a lack of work ethic and not being assertive on defense. Rui was allowed to start and bombed before the other deals. AD missed a rockets game and he started Rui over everyone and Rui gave him dog crap effort and lost that game every minute he was on the floor while Wenyen was positive. He benched Rui for a game publicly and embarrassed him and Rui got locked in a gym with Phil Handy and by his admission starting picking Lebron brain about using his body on defense and offense. He then took off. Had ham not embarrassed him, he’s still the guy Kuzma and Porzingis exposed for being lazy and non assertive

Tristen I agree with you, but I think that’s part on him and part on the team. You signed the guy on the last day of the season with no way to see him play even a game or two with the team when you could have signed him when AD was found to miss those 3 back to backs and gave him run. Ham got screwed thete by a management decision.

I agree with LW4 to an extent. Let’s be real Troy Brown did his job last year. Beasley was the one move and high priced move that he tried to accommodate after the trade. He started Beasley and then benched him but gave him 24 mins and 11 shots a night because Beasley got paid to be a starter, was traded for a starter, and it never worked. When he saw Beasley and Troy couldn’t perform he went to Lonnie, but you’re right it was scraped up Lonnie got benched because of an injury and never really had a shot after his start to the year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: