Reddish vs. Walker vs. Beasley
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Reddish vs. Walker vs. Beasley
Reddish
36%
 36%  [ 12 ]
Walker
33%
 33%  [ 11 ]
Beasley
30%
 30%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 33

DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:08 pm    Post subject:

You can't have a dozen guys under 6'5" in the NBA and win.
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Walker is easily the better player between these 3. Cam shouldn’t even be in the league anymore
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:13 pm    Post subject:

For a team who already has multiple Swing sized prospects (Christie, JHS, Lewis) and limited minutes to offer given team depth, it is curious that the Lakers went with another project in Reddish. If the second year had been a team option I'd chalk it up to their seeing something intriguing that they thought was worth developing. But the second year was a player option, so it feels more like a vigorish to his agency.

I would have gone with Gordon, Walker, Beasley in that order had we had the opportunity to add more reserve guard depth.

* One caveat. You need as many guys as possible with the requisite size to throw at Durant. For all of his imperfections, Reddish has a better shot of contesting him defensively than a small guard does.
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:06 pm    Post subject:

I keep going back to fit and roster construction.

Same logic for Hayes versus Bamba.

Lots of questions with Hayes.. but his athletic profile allows the Lakers to run same basic offense and defense.. where they can't do that with Bamba.

Also.. they had Bamba in the building and chose to go for Hayes.. I think that says something.

As for Reddish? He's your what.. 11th? 12th guy?
Again.. that's where you take a flier on a guy who has potential, imo.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject:

small sample size but i'm genuinely surprised reddish is winning this.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

I like taking the chance on Reddish. He offers new dimensions to the Lakers when he plays well, but he rarely plays like that.

Walker and Beasley weren't consistent in their own right, so I don't think it's a big loss to go for the gamble that is Cam Reddish.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddish vs. Walker vs. Beasley

nomoreshaq wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:
Well - looks like they all took the min. Dennis & Gabe effectively cancel each other out (price and role and effectiveness) and Prince & TBJ (edge to Prince but they cost/position/role wise effectively cancel each other out). Bamba's probably getting the min so him and Hayes would also effectively cancel each other out (raw big men).

That means we presumptively added Reddish over Walker and Beasley - all min. salary guys. So which one is better and/or which one would you have taken?

Reddish - upside's there but overall he sucks? better body than the rest and maybe Ham/Handy unlocks him?

Beasley - he can shoot except when he can't.

Walker - loved his professionalism. hyper athlete. not sure why we didn't want him back.

Shro - Vinc is a wash but Prince does not get the edge over TBjr, that’s a wash at best for Prince as TBjr is probably better since likely to improve at 23yrs old and already a much better rebounder (everything else about the same) whereas Prince is who he is going to be at 29yrs old. MoBa isn’t a wash with Hayes either since Hayes hasn’t really ever consistently shown anything where as MoBa showed promising potential in the 111 games just before the 9 game No-Show with the Lakers. We didn’t win any of those changes and lost the Cam - LWIV exchange. Beasley shouldn’t be considered as he just didn’t work out, including him would be as pointless as including Westbrook, it was obvious with both that we needed to part ways.

I can see how some will hope for Cam’s potential but LWIV’s play before his injury and then afterwards in the post season winning a game for the Lakers with superb shooting in the 4th quarter (4of6 from 3) has to give the nod to LWIV over Cam.

Had Rob got back LWIV/MoBa instead of Cam/Hayes it would get an A grade. As is, he gets a C grade for downgrading the back up SG spot and not fixing the non-AD minutes which was part of the teams biggest weakness.

Prince>TBJ. Come on, esp for the next year where Prince can guard up and Troy clearly couldn't? I agree that Dennis/Gabe effectively cancel each other out.

As for Bamba and Hayes? They are both equally "busts". No one has even signed Bamba, his value in the league is not very high.

As for Reddish over Walker/Beasley - yeah, I'm not super happy about it.

Prince is 6’7”…asking him to guard up is going to be just as bad as asking Vand/TBjr to do it…it ain’t gonna consistently work with Prince at the 4…failed usage especially in the playoffs. Plus Prince is 29yrs old and came into the league at the age TBjr is right now. Prince likely is who he will ever be right now which is a worse rebounder than Troy shooting almost exactly the same. TBjr at 23yrs old…shooting about the same as Prince while rebounding much better…at least has a reasonable chance to be abetted player and they are about the same right now. Calling it a wash is the best we can do for Prince and TBjr is probably better.

As for the equal bust thing between MoBa and Hayes, come on man. Even you know that’s not a fair use of la ogical assessment. Either you haven’t seen them play or just trolling to support your stance.
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddish vs. Walker vs. Beasley

nomoreshaq wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:
Well - looks like they all took the min. Dennis & Gabe effectively cancel each other out (price and role and effectiveness) and Prince & TBJ (edge to Prince but they cost/position/role wise effectively cancel each other out). Bamba's probably getting the min so him and Hayes would also effectively cancel each other out (raw big men).

That means we presumptively added Reddish over Walker and Beasley - all min. salary guys. So which one is better and/or which one would you have taken?

Reddish - upside's there but overall he sucks? better body than the rest and maybe Ham/Handy unlocks him?

Walker - loved his professionalism. hyper athlete. not sure why we didn't want him back.

Shro - Vinc is a wash but Prince does not get the edge over TBjr, that’s a wash at best for Prince as TBjr is probably better since likely to improve at 23yrs old and already a much better rebounder (everything else about the same) whereas Prince is who he is going to be at 29yrs old. MoBa isn’t a wash with Hayes either since Hayes hasn’t really ever consistently shown anything where as MoBa showed promising potential in the 111 games just before the 9 game No-Show with the Lakers. We didn’t win any of those changes and lost the Cam - LWIV exchange. Beasley shouldn’t be considered as he just didn’t work out, including him would be as pointless as including Westbrook, it was obvious with both that we needed to part ways.

I can see how some will hope for Cam’s potential but LWIV’s play before his injury and then afterwards in the post season winning a game for the Lakers with superb shooting in the 4th quarter (4of6 from 3) has to give the nod to LWIV over Cam.

Had Rob got back LWIV/MoBa instead of Cam/Hayes it would get an A grade. As is, he gets a C grade for downgrading the back up SG spot and not fixing the non-AD minutes which was part of the teams biggest weakness.

Prince>TBJ. Come on, esp for the next year where Prince can guard up and Troy clearly couldn't? I agree that Dennis/Gabe effectively cancel each other out.

As for Bamba and Hayes? They are both equally "busts". No one has even signed Bamba, his value in the league is not very high.

Prince is 6’7”…asking him to guard up is going to be just as bad as asking Vand/TBjr to do it…it ain’t gonna consistently work with Prince at the 4…failed usage especially in the playoffs. Plus Prince is 29yrs old and came into the league at the age TBjr is right now. Prince likely is who he will ever be right now which is a worse rebounder than Troy shooting almost exactly the same. TBjr at 23yrs old…shooting about the same as Prince while rebounding much better…at least has a reasonable chance to be abetted player and they are about the same right now. Calling it a wash is the best we can do for Prince and TBjr is probably better.

As for the equal bust thing between MoBa and Hayes, come on man. Even you know that’s not a fair use of la ogical assessment. Either you haven’t seen them play or just trolling to support your stance.

Well.. Prince has a track record of guarding up in a decent way.. playing good d.. and *consistently hitting 3s.

He's bigger than Brown.. shoots and hits more 3s than Brown.. and has produced in playoffs better than Brown.

I like Brown and rooted for him. Prince is a legitimate upgrade. Not a *massive* upgrade.. but an upgrade to a guy who can be on the court in a playoff game.

The difference in their playoff numbers is stark.

As for Hayes and Bamba.. Saw nothing to make me regret letting Bamba walk.. and Hayes fits what the Lakers need in a backup better. They still need another big man though.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:42 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
2019 wrote:
cital wrote:
In my opinion, this was the one mistake the Lakers made this summer. We should have brought back Beasley (at a reduced price) instead of signing Reddish. If Wood doesn’t happen, I would still like to bring back Bamba as well.

Both could've happened. Completely different positions.

Perhaps Malik didn't like Lakers not picking up his option after benching him all playoffs and would rather take the minimum from the team who can promise him big mins versus not knowing if he'll even sniff mins here.

Makes sense…I can see bad blood from Beas and LWIV…but I had hoped it was repaired with LWIV whereas I figured it was irreparable with Malik.

I would have liked to had seen more of a commitment to a ship run rather than the 75% effort…like we are accustomed to seeing from a small market budget franchise…so that we go after it like a historic Lakers franchise.

The really sad part is that it didn’t need to cost more to improve. Needed MoBa/LWIV instead of Cam/Hayes and the roster construction would look totally different betting on players that have shown what they can do instead of hoping for drastic improvements for projects.

Maybe the better comparison is:

Hayes/Cam/Christie/Bamba

vs.

Gabriel/Beasley/Walker/TT

presumably minimums vs minimums

Hayes>Gabriel
Bamba>TT
Christie>Lonnie? (idk)
Cam>Beasley? (idk)

Nah…gotta take Beas out for me as I see him as addition by subtraction. The distraction of putting false hope in Beasley shifted focus away from allowing LWIV returning to form after coming back from injury such that we only saw his pre-injury production only in the playoff game where as an earlier commitment to him likely would have returned LWIV to his consistent form displayed in Nov/Dec. Also it’s deceptive including MaxC on one side of the equation when he clearly should be on both since he is still on the team. Gabriel and TT should not be a part of the discussion since they could or could not be brought back either way.

The comparison is much more simple:

LWIV to Cam
MoBa to Hayes.

That’s it. No need to include MaxC (still on the team) or TT/Gabriel (could be brought back vet min in either scenario) or Beasley (not a viable part of the team). Those players (MaxC/TT/Gabriel/Beasley) in the comparison just muddies the water.

The Lakers would be better with:
LWIV instead of Cam
MoBa instead of Hayes

That’s it.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Reddish vs. Walker vs. Beasley

SGSD32 wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

Well.. Prince has a track record of guarding up in a decent way.. playing good d.. and *consistently hitting 3s.

He's bigger than Brown.. shoots and hits more 3s than Brown.. and has produced in playoffs better than Brown.

I like Brown and rooted for him. Prince is a legitimate upgrade. Not a *massive* upgrade.. but an upgrade to a guy who can be on the court in a playoff game.

The difference in their playoff numbers is stark.

As for Hayes and Bamba.. Saw nothing to make me regret letting Bamba walk.. and Hayes fits what the Lakers need in a backup better. They still need another big man though.

I hope you are right. It would be good to see Prince show his experience to contribute more than TBjr. They both shot 38% from 3 tho TBjr did it with the Lakers but Prince did it on higher volume. We just have to hope the 3pt shooting struggles for players coming to the Lakers doesn’t affect Prince (probably fan fiction ha!). It’s a wash for me cause TBjr did it with the Lakers but I see your point that you consider Prince as an upgrade.

MoBa is an enigma for real. His production…tho not with the Lakers…has a large enough sample size and is recent enough to seem like a great fit for team needs and cost. Maybe there is a reason we don’t know about that the FO saw to steer clear. Based on what we saw tho MoBa has shown much more of a fit for the team than anything Hayes has shown. Still, at some point I’ll have to just let it go and shift from what I think could have been to accept the direction the FO steers the team. Hoping MoBa is signed but I am excited to have Dlo/AR/Rui playing with LBJ/AD all back with Vinc/Vand. Meh everyone else.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Reddish vs. Walker vs. Beasley

Legitimate Points

LWIV was a professional but he wasn't going to get major PT since his offense wasn't consistent (though he definitely hs potential), plus his defense leaves a lot to be desired.

Rob is waiting to see what other players will show up, like Bol Bol

Hayes is a physically talented banger that Bamba is not and Thompson is too small
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:30 am    Post subject:

Prince has shot at least 38 percent from 3 his last 3 seasons. Before that he fluctuated from 35% to 40% as a 3 point shooter. Troy’s 38% last year was by far his highest percentage of his career thus far and is more likely to be an outlier. Prince is also way better at being an actual useful defender. Brown had length, but his defense was also soft as hell and players didn’t respect his challenges despite his length because he was never physical bumping them and mostly just kept his hands up without jumping on their shots. Plus side of that, I guess, was that he never picked up fouls, but the big minus was that players would get comfortable against him. Prince, in the games I’ve seen of him, is a more consistent shooter and a more physical defender and plays more to his size than Troy ever did.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:10 am    Post subject:

Just my .02, but I think we should have made a bigger effort to keep Walker/Beasley, as they fit in well to what Ham does. By losing Dennis as well, we will have a lot of changes in a short time. We were definitely going to lose some of them, but not sure it was wise to lose all 3. That's messing with a good team chemistry from last season.

Sure so long as the core of Reaves, DLO, AD, Bron and maybe Rui stay healthy we can probably be in that 47-50 win range and compete with the top 4 of the West. I think we can have a good RS. But ideally we wouldn't have lost so many of the guards - because from what I've seen guys like Walker, Beasley, Dennis etc fit in to what Ham does. On the flip, players who the FO perceives as "dogs" on D or "tough" ala JTA, Beverly, they didn't fit in and lost their place on the team, fast.

That said, the projects Pelinka took on are still in development. He's not taking on made has beens, like Beverly, or what he did in 21-22 with the roster. To his credit he went for Hayes and Reddish, 2 young athletic players who could devlop still. I just wish we had at least kept some of our strong guard rotation from last year - we had 5 guards that could drop 20 a night with Reaves, DLO, Walker, Beasley, Dennis. That's not something I think this team can ignore with the injuries to Lebron/AD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:09 am    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
2019 wrote:
cital wrote:
In my opinion, this was the one mistake the Lakers made this summer. We should have brought back Beasley (at a reduced price) instead of signing Reddish. If Wood doesn’t happen, I would still like to bring back Bamba as well.

Both could've happened. Completely different positions.

Perhaps Malik didn't like Lakers not picking up his option after benching him all playoffs and would rather take the minimum from the team who can promise him big mins versus not knowing if he'll even sniff mins here.

Makes sense…I can see bad blood from Beas and LWIV…but I had hoped it was repaired with LWIV whereas I figured it was irreparable with Malik.

I would have liked to had seen more of a commitment to a ship run rather than the 75% effort…like we are accustomed to seeing from a small market budget franchise…so that we go after it like a historic Lakers franchise.

The really sad part is that it didn’t need to cost more to improve. Needed MoBa/LWIV instead of Cam/Hayes and the roster construction would look totally different betting on players that have shown what they can do instead of hoping for drastic improvements for projects.

Maybe the better comparison is:

Hayes/Cam/Christie/Bamba

vs.

Gabriel/Beasley/Walker/TT

presumably minimums vs minimums

Hayes>Gabriel
Bamba>TT
Christie>Lonnie? (idk)
Cam>Beasley? (idk)

Nah…gotta take Beas out for me as I see him as addition by subtraction. The distraction of putting false hope in Beasley shifted focus away from allowing LWIV returning to form after coming back from injury such that we only saw his pre-injury production only in the playoff game where as an earlier commitment to him likely would have returned LWIV to his consistent form displayed in Nov/Dec. Also it’s deceptive including MaxC on one side of the equation when he clearly should be on both since he is still on the team. Gabriel and TT should not be a part of the discussion since they could or could not be brought back either way.

The comparison is much more simple:

LWIV to Cam
MoBa to Hayes.

That’s it. No need to include MaxC (still on the team) or TT/Gabriel (could be brought back vet min in either scenario) or Beasley (not a viable part of the team). Those players (MaxC/TT/Gabriel/Beasley) in the comparison just muddies the water.

The Lakers would be better with:
LWIV instead of Cam
MoBa instead of Hayes

That’s it.

LWIV yes but also TBD because it could be Christie replacing Lonnie rather than Cam. I mean Cam could effectively take the Matt Ryan role or something for all we know.

Mo Bamba - TBD. We can either get Bamba back or we can get someone "superior" to him. The last slot is either Bamba or Bamba's replacement or so I'd like to think.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:42 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Just my .02, but I think we should have made a bigger effort to keep Walker/Beasley, as they fit in well to what Ham does. By losing Dennis as well, we will have a lot of changes in a short time. We were definitely going to lose some of them, but not sure it was wise to lose all 3. That's messing with a good team chemistry from last season.

Sure so long as the core of Reaves, DLO, AD, Bron and maybe Rui stay healthy we can probably be in that 47-50 win range and compete with the top 4 of the West. I think we can have a good RS. But ideally we wouldn't have lost so many of the guards - because from what I've seen guys like Walker, Beasley, Dennis etc fit in to what Ham does. On the flip, players who the FO perceives as "dogs" on D or "tough" ala JTA, Beverly, they didn't fit in and lost their place on the team, fast.

That said, the projects Pelinka took on are still in development. He's not taking on made has beens, like Beverly, or what he did in 21-22 with the roster. To his credit he went for Hayes and Reddish, 2 young athletic players who could devlop still. I just wish we had at least kept some of our strong guard rotation from last year - we had 5 guards that could drop 20 a night with Reaves, DLO, Walker, Beasley, Dennis. That's not something I think this team can ignore with the injuries to Lebron/AD.

I think we're depending quite a bit on how well Christie does here. If he has a Austin like 2nd season, then we might be golden. a Dlo/Reaves/Rui/LeBron/AD starting unit looks very solid with a potential Gabe/Prince/Vando off the bench. Christie becoming a reliable shooter is almost a must at this point with Gabe/Vando being iffy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:02 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
For a team who already has multiple Swing sized prospects (Christie, JHS, Lewis) and limited minutes to offer given team depth, it is curious that the Lakers went with another project in Reddish. If the second year had been a team option I'd chalk it up to their seeing something intriguing that they thought was worth developing. But the second year was a player option, so it feels more like a vigorish to his agency.

I would have gone with Gordon, Walker, Beasley in that order had we had the opportunity to add more reserve guard depth.

* One caveat. You need as many guys as possible with the requisite size to throw at Durant. For all of his imperfections, Reddish has a better shot of contesting him defensively than a small guard does.

Curious? Cam is represented by Klutch, the Lakers have to maintain their quota.
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:20 am    Post subject:

I think @mhanoo made the case for Prince over Brown about as perfectly as you could. There's just not really a comparison right now, Prince is an upgrade.

When I talk about fitting the roster, I'm also talking about the type of game players have and the additions really make sense.

@Hangingfromrafters, I don't think Bamba's game is nearly the same fit for the Lakers as Hayes... when it comes to his actual game. Now, Hayes has a lot of work to do... but he's at least an avatar for what AD does on defense. He's long.. super athletic.. can block shots.. but has the foot speed to play some D on the perimeter and thrive in drop coverage. What that means is when AD is out... the defense doesn't have to make wholesale changes. With Bamba, I think they do. He still blocks some shots.. but he has nowhere near the foot speed or motor. Of course.. Hayes has to improve in some key areas.. and that's where I'm hoping a change in scenery and good coaching help.

Same concept with Beasley... I think he'll do better in a motion offense or one that runs a lot of plays for him. He's better in that environment. His defense was also merely a rumor... didn't exist. I like the idea of having a sniper.. but he wasn't and didn't do anything else.

Lonnie? I have no problem with him. He could create his own shot and fit in well enough with everything else. But I think Vincent will be reliable.. and that Christie will need to get consistent minutes to develop. It's a numbers game with him.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:43 am    Post subject:

SGSD32 wrote:
I think @mhanoo made the case for Prince over Brown about as perfectly as you could. There's just not really a comparison right now, Prince is an upgrade.

When I talk about fitting the roster, I'm also talking about the type of game players have and the additions really make sense.

@Hangingfromrafters, I don't think Bamba's game is nearly the same fit for the Lakers as Hayes... when it comes to his actual game. Now, Hayes has a lot of work to do... but he's at least an avatar for what AD does on defense. He's long.. super athletic.. can block shots.. but has the foot speed to play some D on the perimeter and thrive in drop coverage. What that means is when AD is out... the defense doesn't have to make wholesale changes. With Bamba, I think they do. He still blocks some shots.. but he has nowhere near the foot speed or motor. Of course.. Hayes has to improve in some key areas.. and that's where I'm hoping a change in scenery and good coaching help.

Same concept with Beasley... I think he'll do better in a motion offense or one that runs a lot of plays for him. He's better in that environment. His defense was also merely a rumor... didn't exist. I like the idea of having a sniper.. but he wasn't and didn't do anything else.

Lonnie? I have no problem with him. He could create his own shot and fit in well enough with everything else. But I think Vincent will be reliable.. and that Christie will need to get consistent minutes to develop. It's a numbers game with him.

TBjr’s defensive rating was ~114 whereas Prince was ~116. We can use eye test or other metrics but that defensive rating indicates that Prince isn’t an upgrade over TBjr, (TBjr slightly better). Also TBjr avg 4.1rpg and Prince was 2.4rpg. Considering others will be counted on to score (LBJ/AD/Dlo/AR/Rui/Vinc), the TBjr/Prince spot would be 7th on the list at best to count on their scoring, defensive and rebounding is the better skill for the spot to display and TBjr seems better at both of those.

Finally, TBjr shot 38% from 3 with the Lakers, which imo…considering the 3pt struggles of new additions…is more valuable than Prince shooting the same 38% with another team. We’ll be fortunate if it is a wash. TBjr is 23yrs old and therefore has a better likelihood to improve whereas Prince is 29yrs old and has a better likelihood to decline. Calling it a wash is a stretch, it looks more like a downgrade…and calling it an upgrade?…I just don’t see the logic of where others are coming from.

The MoBa/Hayes things isn’t worth debating imo. Hayes hasn’t shown anything much at all and would have to morph into an almost totally different player to even stay in the league but MoBa would just have to play like he did in the 111 games before the 9 he had with the Lakers to be useful with better shot blocking, rebounding, and 3pt shooting. With the way they’ve looked MoBa would have had to be doing something like pissing in the coffee pot during break to be dumped for Hayes, nothing else makes more logical sense than that there must be something egregious we don’t know about. Hopefully not FO lack of insight.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:38 am; edited 9 times in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:45 am    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
You can't have a dozen guys under 6'5" in the NBA and win.

Warriors.
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:48 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
SGSD32 wrote:
Cam is younger than the other two and has legitimate size and athleticism.

For the way this roster is constructed, I'll take him over the other two.

Being able to play well is an underrated skill imo.

Maybe not better player but better able to play overall?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:30 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Just my .02, but I think we should have made a bigger effort to keep Walker/Beasley, as they fit in well to what Ham does. By losing Dennis as well, we will have a lot of changes in a short time.

I don't think there's any effort we could have made to keep them that would have mattered unless it came with a significant amount of money.

Neither Beasley nor Walker would have come back here for the minimum just to compete for a rotation spot after being marginalized for most of the season and having their option declined in the case of Beasley. They aren't dummies. Both of them are better off elsewhere.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:45 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Just my .02, but I think we should have made a bigger effort to keep Walker/Beasley, as they fit in well to what Ham does. By losing Dennis as well, we will have a lot of changes in a short time.

I don't think there's any effort we could have made to keep them that would have mattered unless it came with a significant amount of money.

Neither Beasley nor Walker would have come back here for the minimum just to compete for a rotation spot after being marginalized for most of the season and having their option declined in the case of Beasley. They aren't dummies. Both of them are better off elsewhere.

You’re probably right and I know it. Beasley is a non-issue as I saw him as addition by subtraction to remove false hope but LWIV and MoBa most likely declined vet min with the Lakers to get a fresh start after bad blood. Surely Rob was smart enough to see that the team looked better with them…then again…I don’t know that either since Hayes and Cam was signed before MoBa and LWIV.

We may never know who dissed who. Moba/Hayes would have been interesting tho, and LWIV would likely get as much exposure on the Lakers at 10-15 minutes per game as he would twice that elsewhere. Oh well…water under the bridge. Dare we hope for Cousins? Ibaka? Probably just take it as is as root for Hayes/Cam. Go Lakers!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: