***2023/2024 INJURY AND ABSENCES THREAD***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:44 pm    Post subject:

LOOKS LIKE THAT'S IT FOR CHRISTIAN

Per Woj/McTen

ESPN Sources with @McTen: Los Angeles Lakers F Christian Wood will undergo an arthroscopic procedure on his left knee and is expected to be sidelined for several weeks. The Lakers final regular season game is April 14.

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1769917110707515737?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Is this garbage fake news? Getting mixed reports. Bill is certainly legit “Reiter Than You”, but don’t know if this is his verified account?

Per Bill Reiter
@sportsreiter

Sources tell @CBSSports that Los Angeles Lakers players Christian Wood, Jarred Vanderbilt and Gabe Vincent will miss the rest of the season.
11:09 AM · Mar 19, 2024

Truth? Rumors? Any official word?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Is this garbage fake news? Getting mixed reports. Bill is certainly legit “Reiter Than You”, but don’t know if this is his verified account?

Per Bill Reiter
@sportsreiter

Sources tell @CBSSports that Los Angeles Lakers players Christian Wood, Jarred Vanderbilt and Gabe Vincent will miss the rest of the season.

I'll look into it. In the meantime...
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:03 pm    Post subject:

CWood News

Per McTen

The Lakers announce that Christian Wood underwent successful arthroscopic surgery today on his left knee. No timeline for recovery was provided.

https://x.com/mcten/status/1770224148633280922?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Per Bill Reiter
@sportsreiter

DStarkand posted what Ham said so I don't have to. Starkand seems skeptical, but I feel like basically unless Darvin Ham is lying it contradicts what's been being said about them for the last several weeks. And it also contradicts the fact that they've been seen well at least Gabe and Jarred have been seen working out recently. Now they are still in noncontact mode and who knows if they'll be able to heal in time but I don't think Ham would be just outright lying. So here is the last thing that Ham said about the situation.

Per DStarkand

This is what Darvin Ham said about Vando and Gabe before last night's game:

"Yeah, he's coming along as according to plan. Gabe is coming along according to plan. We should be getting Cam back pretty soon here. As we start to get those guys back and what they bring to our basketball team, just the intangibles. People talk about making shots and obviously you have to get stops, but those guys' ability to get us extra possessions, whether it's steals, deflections that turn into turnovers, their ability to get offensive rebounds and secure defensive rebounds is much-needed. So that will be a welcomed addition to get those guys healthy."

Considering the team hasn't given any concrete updates on either guy, them not progressing wouldn't surprise me, even if Darvin has said otherwise.

https://x.com/dstarkand/status/1770128032281612718?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Vando
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:43 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Per Bill Reiter
@sportsreiter

DStarkand posted what Ham said so I don't have to. Starkand seems skeptical, but I feel like basically unless Darvin Ham is lying it contradicts what's been being said about them for the last several weeks. And it also contradicts the fact that they've been seen well at least Gabe and Jarred have been seen working out recently. Now they are still in noncontact mode and who knows if they'll be able to heal in time but I don't think Ham would be just outright lying. So here is the last thing that Ham said about the situation.

Per DStarkand

This is what Darvin Ham said about Vando and Gabe before last night's game:

"Yeah, he's coming along as according to plan. Gabe is coming along according to plan. We should be getting Cam back pretty soon here. As we start to get those guys back and what they bring to our basketball team, just the intangibles. People talk about making shots and obviously you have to get stops, but those guys' ability to get us extra possessions, whether it's steals, deflections that turn into turnovers, their ability to get offensive rebounds and secure defensive rebounds is much-needed. So that will be a welcomed addition to get those guys healthy."

Considering the team hasn't given any concrete updates on either guy, them not progressing wouldn't surprise me, even if Darvin has said otherwise.

https://x.com/dstarkand/status/1770128032281612718?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Thanks Rock! Appreciate it, somewhat calming
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:34 am    Post subject:

CAM

Per McTen

Darvin Ham said Cam Reddish practiced today and the team expects him to be available Friday against the Sixers.

https://x.com/mcten/status/1770529744259559845?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:36 am    Post subject:

VANDO AND GABE

Per Starkand

Darvin Ham expects Cam Reddish back on Friday. He also said that Gabe and Vando are doing individual work and still progressing positively.

https://x.com/dstarkand/status/1770529762311835733?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Per McTen (video at link)

Darvin Ham with a health update on Gabe Vincent, Jarred Vanderbilt and Cam Reddish:

🎥 https://x.com/mcten/status/1770534966704865282?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sources: I’m told it’s still unlikely Gabe Vincent or Jarred Vanderbilt play this year. I wrote about that, what it means, and what’s going on with the conflicting reports. For @LakersDailyCom.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyIrwinLA/status/1770597169973903433

Lakers current medical staff must suck.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:19 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Sources: I’m told it’s still unlikely Gabe Vincent or Jarred Vanderbilt play this year. I wrote about that, what it means, and what’s going on with the conflicting reports. For @LakersDailyCom.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyIrwinLA/status/1770597169973903433

Lakers current medical staff must suck.

Yeah I don't post the rumor mill folk I wait until I hear something official. And I subscribed to his Substack for a minute and he's really a rumor mill guy.

That all said the vague responses that we've been getting and "they're progressing nicely" but nothing concrete etc. etc. is concerning for sure.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:48 am    Post subject:

Anthony Irwin sucks but I wouldn't be surprised if his source inside the org is GT aka LFR himself. I think what he says about Vincent makes sense. He said nothing new about Wood, and what he said about Vanderbilt was clear speculation.

Ultimately I don't think Gabe is as crucial given we have Dinwiddie (I mean, a 100% healthy Gabe would've been but that's not what we'd have). So the real question is just whether Vanderbilt will be back and in playing shape. It took him a while to hit his stride after coming back from the burstitis
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:37 pm    Post subject:

INJURIES FROM THE OTHER SIDE- Tobias

Per Mizell (video)

Hi from Sixers practice in LA, where Tobias Harris is getting work on the far court against Ricky Council. Nick Nurse said Harris went though today’s practice and his availability will depend on how it responds tomorrow.

https://x.com/ginamizell/status/1770912240885006734?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:47 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Anthony Irwin sucks but I wouldn't be surprised if his source inside the org is GT aka LFR himself. I think what he says about Vincent makes sense. He said nothing new about Wood, and what he said about Vanderbilt was clear speculation.

Ultimately I don't think Gabe is as crucial given we have Dinwiddie (I mean, a 100% healthy Gabe would've been but that's not what we'd have). So the real question is just whether Vanderbilt will be back and in playing shape. It took him a while to hit his stride after coming back from the burstitis

He's on record that LFR is not a source of his reporting.

One of the qualities we are sorely missing is veteran consistency. That is one of Gabe's best qual
ities. It's probably too late to benefit from that this year though.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:19 pm    Post subject:

WHAT? WHAT HAPPENED TO JHS?

Per Trudell

Injury update:

“Rookie Jalen Hood-Schifino underwent a successful lumbar microdiscectomy procedure today. Further updates will be provided as appropriate.”

https://x.com/lakersreporter/status/1770937485461275099?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:17 pm    Post subject:

time to call our Lakers medical staff again. why do all the Laker injuries start out nonchalantly and then all of sudden become season ending. Gabe Vincent, Vanderbilt, Christian Wood and now JHS all went through the process like this. why can't the staff give us a clear diagnosis at the beginning? maybe they're too incompetent that they made the injuries worse with their treatment? they all started with day to day status and then no news for a few weeks before the season ending prognosis come out.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:21 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
time to call our Lakers medical staff again. why do all the Laker injuries start out nonchalantly and then all of sudden become season ending. Gabe Vincent, Vanderbilt, Christian Wood and now JHS all went through the process like this. why can't the staff give us a clear diagnosis at the beginning? maybe they're too incompetent that they made the injuries worse with their treatment? they all started with day to day status and then no news for a few weeks before the season ending prognosis come out.

pretty much every staff now does the "will be re-examined x amount of weeks" thing now and underplays the initial injury. We only notice it more being Lakers fans.

As far as Gabe Vincent (and Nunn, and Deng) goes, i think this is the Heat wearing down their players with their practices and then having the next team foot the bill.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:30 pm    Post subject:

AH HA - JHS

Per JHS

Jalen Hood-Schifino’s procedure involved a bulging disk in his back being shaved, a source familiar with the injury told ESPN. The Lakers expect the 20-year-old guard to make a full recovery in the offseason.

https://x.com/mcten/status/1770955736547250194?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:48 am    Post subject:

INJURY SITCH AND OTHER THOUGHTS

If you would like to read more theories, speculations, and vague references regarding our injuries situation, this Jovan Buha article in The Athletic a good one for as much information as anyone actually knows. He has sauces

https://theathletic.com/5354257/2024/03/22/lakers-starting-lineup-rui-hachimura/?source=user_shared_article
How the Lakers finally settled on a starting lineup, and why Rui Hachimura is the X-factor

I do not know how much you can read without being a paid subscriber but here is an excerpt:

But injuries to LA’s stars sidetracked the plan. Both James (left ankle soreness) and Davis (bilateral Achilles tendinopathy and left hip spasms) were ruled out after shootaround ahead of the Celtics game. Vanderbilt returned to the starting group but as an injury replacement.
Then, just before completing one of his best halves as a Laker, he landed awkwardly and injured his right foot. He has not played since and may not return at all. On Feb. 5, the Lakers said Vanderbilt would be re-evaluated in approximately three to four weeks. More than six weeks later, the only official update was Ham saying Wednesday that the team had not yet ruled out Vanderbilt’s return...

... There is less clarity with Vanderbilt and Vincent. Neither has been ruled out for the rest of the season, but of the two, there is more internal optimism that Vanderbilt will return before the regular season ends next month, according to team and league sources. If either or both players had been healthy, they may have altered the direction of the Lakers’ season.

A whole lot was written in between those two paragraphs so if you have access (or someone posts it on Reddit lol) check the full article out 👍🏾
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:51 am    Post subject:

TAUREAN OUT

And before someone says something stupid please note that today is his birthday AND he's been playing through observing Ramadan

Per Buha

Taurean Prince (personal reasons) has been downgraded to out for tonight’s game vs. Philadelphia, per the Lakers.

https://x.com/jovanbuha/status/1771247652228796894?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:16 pm    Post subject:

OF COURSE HE IS - Tobias

Per Mizell

Nick Nurse says during his pregame news conference that Tobias Harris needs to go through one more workout, but seemed optimistic that he is on track to return tonight.

https://x.com/ginamizell/status/1771343490506756441?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:55 pm    Post subject:

PRELIM INJURY REPORT

Which I forgot to post earlier. Ankywhoo...

Per Starkand (press release at link)

Cam Reddish is off the injury report for tomorrow’s game, as expected:

https://x.com/dstarkand/status/1770973947959623783?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Cam - Available

AD - Probable

LBJ - Questionable

Christian, Colin, Gabe, JHS, Jarred, Taurean (personal reasons) - OUT

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:48 pm    Post subject:

LAKERS VS 76ers, 3/22/24, Crypto

LAKERS

Davis - eye/LGSRS - Available

James - Ankle/various - Available

Prince - personal - OUT

Reddish - Ankle - Available

Vanderbilt - Foot Sprain- OUT (see earlier post - starting to do court work...)

Vincent - Knee - OUT (surgery 12/27, has progressed to non-contact work..)

Wood - Knee effusion - OUT

Castleton - Broken Wrist - OUT

Hood-Schifino - Bulging Disk - OUT

Lewis - G League 2 Way Assignment

Injuries from the Other Side

Harris is officially available to play tonight.

https://x.com/ginamizell/status/1771346096016732640?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Covington - Knee - OUT

Embiid - Knee - OUT

Harris - ankle/LGSRS - Available

Jones - Hamstring- OUT

Melton - Back - OUT

Let's Go Lakers!!

Mamba and Mambacita Forever

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 pm    Post subject:

PRELIM INJURY REPORT

Le same

Per Starkand (press release at link)

#Lakers injury report vs Pacers:

AD - Probable

LBJ - Questionable

Christian, Colin, Gabe, Jarred, JHS - OUT

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:33 pm    Post subject:

BRON DOUBTFUL

Everyone else same same

Per Woike (press release at link)

LeBron James is doubtful Tuesday in Milwaukee against the Bucks

https://x.com/danwoikesports/status/1772390907519615397?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

AD - Probable

LBJ - Doubtful

Christian, Colin, Gabe, JHS, Jarred, - OUT

I forgot DLO was out sick but it looks like he's set to return

Last edited by TDRock on Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 23 of 29
Jump to: