Dodgers 2024 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 127, 128, 129  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:32 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Gotta love Will. Many players show up on their contract year but not Will. He gets the deal and then he shows up. Keep it up Will.

My only worry is it's only April and you know how the riggors of catching puts on a body as the season progresses. As long as the top 6 in the order produce like they have we can afford more Barnes starts this keeping Will fresh. Would like to see an occasional Will start at DH against solid LHP though which also keeps Shohei off his feet once in awhile.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:34 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Hurt to the 60 day IL, another solid arm to be shleved for about half a season.

We’re definitely doing something wrong.

Our medical staff can’t keep players healthy and every young arm we have gets injured….
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Gotta love Will. Many players show up on their contract year but not Will. He gets the deal and then he shows up. Keep it up Will.

My only worry is it's only April and you know how the riggors of catching puts on a body as the season progresses. As long as the top 6 in the order produce like they have we can afford more Barnes starts this keeping Will fresh. Would like to see an occasional Will start at DH against solid LHP though which also keeps Shohei off his feet once in awhile.

Yeah that is a legit concern.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

Our medical staff can’t keep players healthy and every young arm we have gets injured….

Can't be any worse than the Lakers med staff with all the progressing and getting closer to a return only to suffer a setback and be out for months.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:09 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

Can't be any worse than the Lakers med staff with all the progressing and getting closer to a return only to suffer a setback and be out for months.

I still recall Chris Mihm's mysterious ankle sprain that effectively ended his career.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Damn, Glasnow ran out of gas there and now Gaslight Joe will blow things up per his usual.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

Your good ol' buddy, Kenley, has an opinion on this.

aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Hard to tell who the Dodgers fans are in the crowd. Everyone is wearing blue.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:21 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Damn, Glasnow ran out of gas there and now Gaslight Joe will blow things up per his usual.

Thankfully Joe got out of it
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Booing Ohtani is stupid.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

No one is keeping pitchers healthy.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

There were a lot of Dodger/Ohtani fans today and yesterday. One family
in front of me came from Japan and they were Blue Jay and Ohtani fans. It was so funny.

The boos are louder in person than on tv. It’s brutal and I don’t understand why. The funniest thing is everyone locks the hell in when he’s at the plate - begging he hits a rocket. I heard multiple fans booing but literally praying he hits a homer. Reminds me of Bonds.

I saw plenty of Pantone 294 (travelling Dodger fans).

I just wore a black neutral hoody. I used to love wearing all the gear (Lakers, Kings, Dodgers) whenever they were in town but I was taking a piss once and without saying a word I almost got jumped by 5 drunk Leaf fans. Literally had to put my pride aside and ask for mercy since I was just there with my wife. Weird thing is we lost that game 1-5 I think. Took an L during and after that game. Now I sit quietly but today I was feeling good so I was doing the base hit celly every time we got on base
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:33 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

No one is keeping pitchers healthy.

The minor league staff seems to be doing a better job than the MLB staff.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

in front of me came from Japan and they were Blue Jay and Ohtani fans. It was so funny.

The boos are louder in person than on tv. It’s brutal and I don’t understand why. The funniest thing is everyone locks the hell in when he’s at the plate - begging he hits a rocket. I heard multiple fans booing but literally praying he hits a homer. Reminds me of Bonds.

I just wore a black neutral hoody. I used to love wearing all the gear (Lakers, Kings, Dodgers) whenever they were in town but I was taking a piss once and without saying a word I almost got jumped by 5 drunk Leaf fans. Literally had to put my pride aside and ask for mercy since I was just there with my wife. Weird thing is we lost that game 1-5 I think. Took an L during and after that game. Now I sit quietly but today I was feeling good so I was doing the base hit celly every time we got on base

I didn't know you lived in Toronto. I envy you. I heard it's gorgeous up there. One of the place I want to take my family for vacation. Only place in Canada I've been to is Vancouver.

Off topic question. What do majority of the Canadians really think of Quebec?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:36 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

Your good ol' buddy, Kenley, has an opinion on this.

Very insightful, thanks!

Yeah, he's very passionate on what he feels is the root problem. I have to take his word on it, since I don't pitch (when he says the pitch clock adds alot of stresss on the pitchers).

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:56 pm    Post subject:

6 in a row!
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Was just rewatching some of Ohtani's home runs and it is amazing how he hits it out. Yes there are some he swings hard but a lot of his home runs look like he just gets a bat on it like a routine base hit. The guy is amazing.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:29 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

I didn't know you lived in Toronto. I envy you. I heard it's gorgeous up there. One of the place I want to take my family for vacation. Only place in Canada I've been to is Vancouver.

Vancouver is like LA, Toronto is like NY. Obviously very different but you get the idea. The country/city has gone to (bleep) believe it or not and a lot of us are heading down south. I myself have been debating Texas, Florida or Georgia for a while. Our pay is significantly lower, taxes are higher and cost of living is much higher. It’s getting absurd. And I’m not even taking the dollar difference into account. Just a breakdown of my wife who works corporate:

Her pay is 40% lower in Canada for the exact same position in Houston.

Average home in a decent area is around $1.2 million CAD. Similar in Houston around $650k USD.

Not going to do the tax breakdown but it’s also less. And then add the stronger dollar. So you can see the difference in disposable income. Also our groceries, cars and general cost of living are higher. It’s creeping up to LA/NY type expensive.

Plenty of my friends and family have moved south and are never ever coming back. They rather deal with the problems in the U.S than the problems here.

Of course the people are much nicer here and free healthcare etc.

In terms of Quebec, they are basically outcasts. But TBH they keep to themselves and nobody notices or even thinks about them. They kind of do their own thing. Montreal is absolutely lovely..the rest of Quebec meh.

But yes Toronto is quite gorgeous. Moral of the story is the grass is always greener on the other side
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:21 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Vancouver is like LA, Toronto is like NY. Obviously very different but you get the idea. The country/city has gone to (bleep) believe it or not and a lot of us are heading down south. I myself have been debating Texas, Florida or Georgia for a while. Our pay is significantly lower, taxes are higher and cost of living is much higher. It’s getting absurd. And I’m not even taking the dollar difference into account. Just a breakdown of my wife who works corporate:

Average home in a decent area is around $1.2 million CAD. Similar in Houston around $650k USD.

Not going to do the tax breakdown but it’s also less. And then add the stronger dollar. So you can see the difference in disposable income. Also our groceries, cars and general cost of living are higher. It’s creeping up to LA/NY type expensive.

Plenty of my friends and family have moved south and are never ever coming back. They rather deal with the problems in the U.S than the problems here.

In terms of Quebec, they are basically outcasts. But TBH they keep to themselves and nobody notices or even thinks about them. They kind of do their own thing. Montreal is absolutely lovely..the rest of Quebec meh.

But yes Toronto is quite gorgeous. Moral of the story is the grass is always greener on the other side

Sometimes it's nice to put a backstory to a username on here.

Thx for sharing.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:34 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Snipes wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Sometimes it's nice to put a backstory to a username on here.

Thx for sharing.

It sure is.

I'm getting ready to move back to Georgia this fall. I grew up in LA area and moved to Georgia in 2020 and watched the Dodgers win the World Series. Then moved back to LA the next year only to watch the Braves win it all. So hopefully when I go back this fall the Dodgers will win it all. LOL. No but seriously it's getting really expensive to live here and with my son growing up pretty fast, we need a bigger house with a decent size yard and it's just too expensive here.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:37 am    Post subject:

I just realized, we are missing some QFTOS from LBP lately. I thought something felt a bit empty. LOL
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:44 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
I just realized, we are missing some QFTOS from LBP lately. I thought something felt a bit empty. LOL

Yeah, never crossed my mind to see what Nationals and Blue Jays fans are thinking.

aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:45 am    Post subject:

Ohtani with a bullet to center field and somehow Varsho got to it to make the catch. I thought for sure that was going to be a double. Great catch nonetheless. I love seeing those types of plays also.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:47 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Yeah, never crossed my mind to see what Nationals and Blue Jays fans are thinking.

Let's just hope our guys will give you some contents today. LOL
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:52 am    Post subject:

Grove picks off Vlad. Nice.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 127, 128, 129  Next
Page 114 of 129
Jump to: