LAKERS -at- SUNS – 11-10-23 - DIY Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:58 pm    Post subject: LAKERS -at- SUNS – 11-10-23 - DIY Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

As I mentioned, wasn’t able to cover tonight. Good to see the W. Post your thoughts and recaps here.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Utter bliss. Thanks to Cam and RUI for giving us much needed energy today.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Don't forget Wood! He was big for us either though it does not show up in the box score. He covered us on the boards and switch D/double teams.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:33 pm    Post subject:

The entire team played well in the second half.
LBJ is still The KING!
Cam was clutch.
Rui provided energy & hustle.
Reaves played like MANU!
DLO balled out.
AD and Wood were solid.

Last edited by pio2u on Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Dlo was second leading scorer on the team shooting 6-12, had 9ast with only 1TO. We should spam that play where he gets the mid range just below the free throw line. He has to pick up his 3pt% tho. At least he didn’t jack up 5+ from deep being off and stuck with his mid-range shot.
Richcbt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:02 pm    Post subject:

An all-around great effort in the second half. In the 4th, obviously Cam came up big with those threes, but the first 3 threes we made in the fourth Austin Reaves got the assist, two to Cam, one to Rui, and one to Wood. Plus he scored six points in the 4th, and had another assist or two.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:05 pm    Post subject:

LBJ is Da Man

AD confirms that he is "Robin"

Lakers played UP to the competition

AR is AR is "I am Him" when he is given the space and able to organize play on the court

DLo is best when he has the ball

Reddish provided the needed shooting, length and defensive pressure

Rui provided needed length and shooting

Wood (and Hayes) showed up

Vanderbilt and Vincent are one day closer to playing
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Recap:

LBJ was very OK
AD, Play D
Prince was Royal
Cam waz the Man
DLo didn’t blow
Wood was stiff
Rui waz goody
AR was a good bench play-r

The End.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:22 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers are showing they can find ways to win games, even against quality opponents like the Suns and Clippers, after they have played like crap for two or three quarters. They got active defensively in the second half and finally started hitting 3-pointers with regularity.

But they will not win games with regularity unless they start getting off to good starts.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Can this game put the official end to the ridiculous talk of getting rid of Cam Reddish? It literally makes no sense.

I am not trying to say he some future all star or a consistent clutch player. He might have only one great game out of every five. That's not the point.

We literally got him for MINIMUM WAGE, and he addresses a severe shortcoming that our team dealt with last season in having too many shorties, and not enough athletic, defensive role players with legit SIZE. Any scoring he does is icing on the cake!

~~~~

Props to Ham most of all for the win. He continues to play with lineups because it is still early and we have a combination of so many new players and so many injuries. I haven't blamed him at all for the slow start.

I am most impressed with how he consistently is trying to find ways to play big Laker lineups. I mean, tonight the starting lineup only had one guard in DLo, and in the crucial 4th quarter, he had only one guard in Austin... that's smart coaching!

Despite the crazy rebounding disparity (which was the only reason we didn't blow the Suns out), having a big team helped us defensively, especially in the 2nd half.

Durant is insanely good, and C. Wood should've focused on running him off the three without fouling in the third quarter, but other than that, the team as a whole did a nice all around job forcing the Suns to miss. The score was as high as it was because of all of the second chance points we gave up.

Also, this was my favorite Lebron game since the championship series. He was passive defensively and on the boards in the first half as he often is these days (conserving energy... he's not a robot at this age).

But other than a few poor passes, I really liked his approach in the second half, especially with AD getting owned by Nurkic of all people. Lebron decided to be the best player on the floor, and it made all the difference (especially with the refs FINALLY giving him some foul calls!!!!!).

Lastly, while it was nice to see Reeves find his groove with smart passing and solid scoring in the second half, I thought that the unsung mini-hero was actually Prince. His game-sealing layup after faking the three, then faking the pass as he Euro'd in for the score in a tight contest really shows why: he's skilled AND he has a high BBiQ.

I can't think of one miscue of his the entire time he was on the floor. He did the best he could defensively, even though he's not the elite at it. He takes the smart open shot, and made some really nice passes like the shovel, no look dish to AD in the paint of the first half that caught the Suns off guard. I am extremely happy he's a glue guy that plays the game the right way.

Oh yeah, the second mini-hero for the Los Angeles were all of the Laker fans dominating the Suns arena tonight, especially with it being a mid-season tourney win. If you watched the ESPN broadcast like I did (because I do not like Billy Mac's play by play at all), the crowd was extremely loud for the purple 'n gold.

That was a great game, and tonight was even more enjoyable because the Clippers got destroyed by Luka yet again.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:22 am    Post subject:

Great...and much needed...win by the Lakers!

The biggest difference between this game, and most of our previous games, is the Lakers just shot better from 3. That's not always going to be the case. But, I believe the Lakers are a better shooting team than they've shown so far. They're just off to a REALLY poor start, due to inconsistency in relation to injury. chemistry, etc...

Imho, the jury is still out on Ham. That's with the understanding that he's had to deal with a new, and depleted, roster. What I did like was his choice to start Cam over AR, with Austin coming off the bench. It solves a few problems at the same time. The Lakers starter defense is more solid, DLo gets to be more on-ball which increases his effectiveness, and the bench is upgraded with AR filling that "Manu" role. Plus, this also helps Reaves, as his legs still look a little shot, from not having an off season to rest. Hopefully, he'll catch his second wind as the season goes on. That said, I would still have him come off the bench for the foreseeable future.

Cam has been great of defense, but he finally had a breakout game shooting. It was great to see, but consistency on offense is still a legitimate concern.

As the team gets healthier, lineups will continue to morph. The Lakers are still in for a wonky ride, until things settle into a solid rhythm. Wishing the team, and Ham, the best of fortune. Lakers!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:19 am    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:

LBJ was very OK

lol, best description
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:44 am    Post subject:

Cam and Rui game. Crazy how quick things change.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:46 am    Post subject:

Still don’t get why Prince plays way more than Rui.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:08 am    Post subject:

Nice win; but this team continuously gets run off the floor in the first quarter at some point, falls down by double digits early, and then spends rest of game trying to get back in it. These starts are agonizing. Maybe 1 game the entire year this has not happened?

Props to Cam for a really good game. One game at a time with him.

Hopefully onward and upward
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:11 am    Post subject:

So… Austin to bench balanced things?
Can filling in for Vando for now?
Why still got crush in 1st Q?
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:20 am    Post subject:

Lakers looks a bit disjointed in the first quarter, but to be expected with a new starting lineup.

Offensive really cleaned up the next three quarters. I think splitting up DLO and Austin was an excellent move. Any time they were involved in the 2 man game, they seemed to get a chance at a good look. Like having good looks in the basket everytime down if we can get them

That size on the wings is everything. Reddish had his hands on a bunch of stuff and was good defending the point of attack. When he hits that corner three corner three, the team is super effective.

I think coming off the spanking in HOU+ KD match got LeBron going. He even mentioned his want to with the 500,000 for the in season tourney. I would think its all talk, but maybe there is a part of LeBron that says, ok, Im going to coast most of the season, but I will come a bring it for the tourney games. That would actually be a good strategy for him to stay sharp during the season and would allow the Lakers to see what they really have.

All in all, this game did a lot to kill the early season jitters
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: