LAKERS -at- SIXERS – 11-27-23 - DIY Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:06 pm    Post subject: LAKERS -at- SIXERS – 11-27-23 - DIY Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

Not able to cover this one, thankfully. I’m going to post this a little early assuming this holds as a loss.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Embarrassing effort, down 13 after 1st qtr, never really competed in this one. AD 11 boards with decent efficiency along with Dlo/Prince/LBJ. Not nearly enough.

It shows that we’re missing defensive talent in Vincent/CamRed/Vande but coaching deficiencies may be the thing shown most. The Lakers just don’t appear prepared properly to compete to start games.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:30 pm    Post subject:

#sad
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:32 pm    Post subject:

"Move alone,.... nothing to see here."

kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Ouch! Epic shooting game from the Sixers. Not going to win many games when the other team goes this ballistic from 3.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:59 pm    Post subject:

well glad I missed this one
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:23 pm    Post subject:

OUCH!
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:30 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers' lack of 3-point shooting got exposed in this one. When you're playing against an offensive juggernaut like the Sixers, you need to fire missiles back at them to stay competitive.

There's so much talent in the NBA today and teams score almost 115 points a game on average. If you can't hit 3s consistently you just can't win consistently. Simple as that.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:41 pm    Post subject:

I didn't realize the Lakers' G league players got destroyed so badly.

That makes me feel better. Down 18 after 3Q to the Sixers missing four rotation players... not great but not as embarrassing as a 44 point defeat would suggest
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

That makes me feel better. Down 18 after 3Q to the Sixers missing four rotation players... not great but not as embarrassing as a 44 point defeat would suggest

We had our team. Bron, ad, dlo,AR, wood, prince, max. These guys were good enough against cavs, now they are not? I get we are missing guys but most teams throughout the year have guys sitting. We had our two primary players.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
tox wrote:

We had our team. Bron, ad, dlo,AR, wood, prince, max. These guys were good enough against cavs, now they are not? I get we are missing guys but most teams throughout the year have guys sitting. We had our two primary players.

The effort was not there and the Sixers were red hot. We don't have any excuse, we just got trounced.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:36 am    Post subject:

Watched the first Q, saw how much effort they put in and skipped to the end. Pathetic. The zone D against a team hot from three was something else. They seemed as if they didn't really know what to do on defense. I am beginning to develop a dislike for this team. There is simply no joy watching them play.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:55 am    Post subject:

Ham might want to consider not giving up threes as part of the defensive scheme. I assume that’s what’s happening, because none of our bigs are showing at all when guys use screens and opposing shooters are getting wide open looks and every guard is digging deep down low which makes them late to contest on kick outs.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:13 am    Post subject:

I guess I rather not watch the highlights on yt...
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:59 am    Post subject:

When we sat the starters early in the 4Q, the Sixers were 19-38 from three. Relentless offense

They hit every big three they needed, especially the three straight from Melton to start the 3rd. We made a big run going into the half and looked awesome starting the 3rd, but it wasn't gonna happen. Got punched in the mouth by an actually good team.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:33 am    Post subject:

The big factor for L.A. on the court was obviously defense (or lack thereof), mainly caused by Pelinka not giving us a 2020 D12-like defensive center with bulk to slow down the 30 point triple double of Embid (and to allow AD to roam defensively at PF), and the fact that three of our defensive forwards were out to injury.

I guess this is why Ham ultimately tried defending the Sixers with the zone, but against a hot three-point shooting team it encouraged them to drive the dagger in deeper.

With that said, our Lakers got it down to 11 points a quarter of the way through the third, but when we went down by 27 in the 4th, the third and fourth stringers came in and provided absolutely nothing to finish the game (they were out scored by 17).

The injuries presumably will eventually go away. The damage being done to our current roster by large, offensively gifted players like Jokic and Embid will NOT go away. We need a bulky, defensive center that can move his feet, Rob!
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:34 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:50 am    Post subject:

What does Vanderbilt, Reddish and Vincent have in common - they are good enough to play the head of the monster on defense. When Max Christie now has that responsibility, it is a step down because he is still learning though he has the fillingness/energy/lengh/ability

When PatBev (and others) that are terrible at 3pt shooting, it takes a mentally very strong person to push through.

Somebody that has the Black Mamba Mentality is missing. One might lose, one never gets embarrassed by giving up.

As many have suspected, AD is not Da Man - LBJ is, plus the best player on the court! Expectations of him wanting the ball (or even getting the ball) whn the game is on the line should cease
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:15 am    Post subject:

^^^ AD can be better on the court, if not the best Laker player from time to time, if he were playing PF in certain match ups instead of C.

He should not be the main defender on opposing Centers with strength and a quality offensive game. Sadly, we don't have a good enough alternative for that defensive role at the 5 on the roster right now: someone big, strong, and mobile enough to slow down not only Jokic and Embid, but apparently to also slow down the Seguns and Sabonis' of the league.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: