I’m done watching this team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:50 pm    Post subject:

I'm never fully gone from watching the Lakers. But, my interest level widely varies depending on if I feel like they're a waste of time or not.

If they're supposed to be competing, I want to see them compete or try hard to take steps to get to that point.

If they're supposed to be rebuilding, I want to see players who have potential to be one of the stars on a championship level team.

I'm current interest level is close to the low that is was during the rebuilding years. I never felt like any of those guys had the potential to be stars on a championship team, so I never got attached to any of them.

If the Lakers don't make a big move at the trade deadline, I think my interest level will fully be at that low point.

I don't care if the Lakers organically figure some things out. This team wasn't a contender at their very best last season. They were the best of the 2nd tier teams behind Denver. This season, other teams actually took steps to get into contention while the Lakers just shifted around a few role players.

When my interest is at a low point, I'll probably still watch a few games per month. But it's more of a feel thing rather than actually planning for it. It's also just a soul-less experience where I don't care that much about the results.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm probably gonna be watching lesser Laker games if this is the same results and with Pockets still as the damn coach for health reasons lol.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:37 am    Post subject:

Watching a team play below it's potential is not fun. I'm skipping games.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:43 am    Post subject:

Not only are people done watching the Lakers The Lakers themselves are done
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:03 am    Post subject:

Canceled league pass. Not paying for this (bleep) lol. Pirate’s life for me, and only if there’s nothing else to watch.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:05 am    Post subject:

They gave everything for the mid-season tournament and now they are finding out that winning it doesn't mean anything.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:26 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
They gave everything for the mid-season tournament and now they are finding out that winning it doesn't mean anything.

Hanging up the IST banner next to the championship ones is one of the most embarrassing things this organization has ever done.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:39 am    Post subject:

I've know this a long time. Bandwagoners.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:51 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:

Yea tbh I'm not gonna watch the Lakers if it's not a value add to my life. I skipped the WB years, I'll skip this year if they continue to be awful. Call me a bandwagoner, idc, I just don't have the time or energy
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:44 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:

Yea tbh I'm not gonna watch the Lakers if it's not a value add to my life. I skipped the WB years, I'll skip this year if they continue to be awful. Call me a bandwagoner, idc, I just don't have the time or energy

Kobe would have called it quits and stopped watching this team as soon as they hung up the IST banner. The standard is considerably lower, unfortunately.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:12 am    Post subject:

It feels good to not waste my time watching a trash product.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:30 am    Post subject:

This is going to be a problem until we get Guggenheim managing partners having full control.

Jeanie can’t hang. She is the Arte Moreno of the NBA.

She gave the keys to Klutch and they got 1 Chip with the help of a unique, external factor that gave old legs and fragile player a 4 month break.

Until more rich owners take over and put their imprint on this team (like the Dodgers model), we will continue to struggle.

LeGrandpa and AD is at best a .500 team…but sure let’s keep scapegoating the role players and coaches every damn season.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:34 am    Post subject:

Skipped last night's game, but watched the two prior. The key is to predict the ones you know the Lakers are going to be noncompetitive in and skip those. Gotten pretty good at it, don't mean to brag.

Over the years I've come to realize how much regular season basketball is about what the team is doing independently of other teams, as opposed to the playoffs where it's about matchups with other teams. If the regular season is truly a rehearsal, I feel like I'm watching a crappy dance troupe practice while selling tickets at a premium to the public. Seems ridiculous to watch them make the same stumbling missteps over and over onstage.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:44 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Skipped last night's game, but watched the two prior. The key is to predict the ones you know the Lakers are going to be noncompetitive in and skip those. Gotten pretty good at it, don't mean to brag.

Over the years I've come to realize how much regular season basketball is about what the team is doing independently of other teams, as opposed to the playoffs where it's about matchups with other teams. If the regular season is truly a rehearsal, I feel like I'm watching a crappy dance troupe practice while selling tickets at a premium to the public. Seems ridiculous to watch them make the same stumbling missteps over and over onstage.

Don’t blame you for not tuning in, I just find it embarrassing that you (and others) can predict the Lakers would not be competitive vs. this suns team.

This suns team is a complete fraud lol.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:52 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
This is going to be a problem until we get Guggenheim managing partners having full control.

She gave the keys to Klutch and they got 1 Chip with the help of a unique, external factor that gave old legs and fragile player a 4 month break.

Until more rich owners take over and put their imprint on this team (like the Dodgers model), we will continue to struggle.

LeGrandpa and AD is at best a .500 team…but sure let’s keep scapegoating the role players and coaches every damn season.

I'm done with the LeBron era, just over it. 6 seasons, majortiy of them under .500. They did what they had to do and won the bubble chip 4 years ago. Other than selling tickets and the scoring record, the team has been seemingly under .500 the majority of his time here. Last year's run isn't happenbeing again, that was a fluke and the top of the western conf teams would beat us if we survived the play in.

Really not interested in trading more assets for a Zach Lavine or hiring what I'm sure will be the wrong coach. If Lebron doesn't ask for the trade, just opt out and go. This isn't really that ffun. Sure the team would be terrible, but it's time to rip the band aid off.
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:57 am    Post subject:

My problem is even on games i do get to watch, I can’t join until
The second quarter and we are usually already getting blown out!
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:57 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
levon wrote:

Don’t blame you for not tuning in, I just find it embarrassing that you (and others) can predict the Lakers would not be competitive vs. this suns team.

This suns team is a complete fraud lol.

Oh I agree they're a DOA team in the playoffs as currently constructed. But we've beaten them 3 times in a row and it was predictable they'd wanna take it to us after how the last game ended and with how we guard the perimeter by default. Very hard to win 4 straight against any team regardless of circumstances.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:01 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

The Dodgers also only won during a season with a unique external factor.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:14 am    Post subject:

Lakers have gone the way of the Golden State Warriors; past champions succumbing to a league that has grown younger, more skilled, hungrier, and wise to the Warriors/Lakers dominance. Only older team still viable in the West are the Clippers, who seem to be getting better with age, as opposed to the Lakers and Warriors, who are slowing down and fumbling.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Lakers have gone the way of the Golden State Warriors; past champions succumbing to a league that has grown younger, more skilled, hungrier, and wise to the Warriors/Lakers dominance. Only older team still viable in the West are the Clippers, who seem to be getting better with age, as opposed to the Lakers and Warriors, who are slowing down and fumbling.

GSW had a dynastic run with 4 titles, Lakers did not.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:34 am    Post subject:

On my momma, on my hood... I'm done too right after this next game.

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The Dodgers also only won during a season with a unique external factor.

I can't take ya'll dogging the Dodgers and Lakers in the same thread.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:48 am    Post subject:

We just aren't a fun team to watch.

Bottom 6 in passes per game.
Last in distance traveled on offense (player movement).
Bottom 3 in drives per game.

There are top teams in the league with similar numbers (BOS, MIL, LAC). But as the saying goes. Winning solves everything.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:08 am    Post subject:

why is everything NOT working like it did last year? arguably, we have better players (though schroder vs. NO GABE is an obvious problem).

have other teams figured out their counter attack to dlo, AR15, bron, AD vando? and ham sammich can't "counter the counter"... or what?
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:09 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
troy wrote:

GSW had a dynastic run with 4 titles, Lakers did not.

lakers are a relatively young team as a whole... sans bron.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: