I’m done watching this team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:18 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
why is everything NOT working like it did last year? arguably, we have better players (though schroder vs. NO GABE is an obvious problem).

have other teams figured out their counter attack to dlo, AR15, bron, AD vando? and ham sammich can't "counter the counter"... or what?

That line up has not played a single game together
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:19 am    Post subject:

We have to be leading the league in different starting lineups under Pockets just like last year. Smh.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Still not watching games

Team isn't worth investing my time into.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:35 pm    Post subject:

ThreePointBomber wrote:
Still not watching games

This is kind of how I feel about the entire league at the moment. The product just stinks. Yesterday all the games were blowouts. Boston only played JT and JB because of the min games requirement for end of the season awards. It's a joke at this point.

Last edited by Denny_Russo on Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:35 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
why is everything NOT working like it did last year? arguably, we have better players (though schroder vs. NO GABE is an obvious problem).

have other teams figured out their counter attack to dlo, AR15, bron, AD vando? and ham sammich can't "counter the counter"... or what?

That line up has not played a single game together

you're kidding me, right? Ham as NEVER started last year's starting lineup even once this year?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
This is going to be a problem until we get Guggenheim managing partners having full control.

Jeanie can’t hang. She is the Arte Moreno of the NBA.

She gave the keys to Klutch and they got 1 Chip with the help of a unique, external factor that gave old legs and fragile player a 4 month break.

Until more rich owners take over and put their imprint on this team (like the Dodgers model), we will continue to struggle.

LeGrandpa and AD is at best a .500 team…but sure let’s keep scapegoating the role players and coaches every damn season.

The Dodgers also only won during a season with a unique external factor.

The Dodgers lead MLB in having the most wins over the past half decade to decade. They just went evil empire this offseason. Any franchise in and out of sports would be lucky to have Guggenheim Dodgers group as their ownership group.

Your boy Ballmer would piss his pants if Guggenheim became majority Lakers owners.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
This is going to be a problem until we get Guggenheim managing partners having full control.

She gave the keys to Klutch and they got 1 Chip with the help of a unique, external factor that gave old legs and fragile player a 4 month break.

Until more rich owners take over and put their imprint on this team (like the Dodgers model), we will continue to struggle.

LeGrandpa and AD is at best a .500 team…but sure let’s keep scapegoating the role players and coaches every damn season.

The Dodgers lead MLB in having the most wins over the past half decade to decade. They just went evil empire this offseason. Any franchise in and out of sports would be lucky to have Guggenheim Dodgers group as their ownership group.

Your boy Ballmer would piss his pants if Guggenheim became majority Lakers owners.

Nah, Ballmer wouldn't do that. This is a guy who recently was said to be coming into another billion, I believe from Microsoft, for doing nothing. The other LA team is his toy.

He could even bring other resources into the mix if he was willing to dilute his share in his team.

It would, however, place us on equal footing to go toe-to-toe with any resources he has at his disposal if we were acquired by the Guggenheim group.

I can only dream that would happen.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

But they are in a position to win every year. The Lakers are the complete opposite. Every single MLB fanbase would take the Dodgers ownership in a heartbeat - including your Cards. So should Laker fans.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Bunch of idiots you are all liars and still watching the game otherwise you will not post here
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:51 pm    Post subject:

I still watch the game out of habit at this point lol I’ve been doing so for over 30 years so it’s a difficult habit to break. However, I refuse to spend my money to watch in person. There have been way too many disappointing games since Lebron and AD took over LA. Nobody wants to spend a couple thousand dollars on tickets to watch players giving half assed effort.

I will say that this year I picked a couple of good ones early in the season. I say right next to Rob pelinka against the Clippers back in November and got a pic with him. Overtime win was amazing. Harden was there but didn’t suit up or it would have been a perfect night.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:01 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

And all of that got them a COVID title. It’s better than my Cardinals have done in the past 5 seasons but it puts them on par with the Diamondbacks, Phillies and Astros.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:13 pm    Post subject:

How can you give up on the Lakers when they just signed Dylan Windler and Skyler Mays?

Start getting ready for the parade.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:48 pm    Post subject:

I’ve been a Chicago Bears fan all my life and they last won a championship in 1985. Yet every weekend during football season I turn on the Bears game. I still try to catch at least some of every Laker game. The only time I stopped watching was in 2000 when they shut down the season and there wasn’t games to watch. I finally started watching again for the 2001 playoffs.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:43 am    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
Bunch of idiots you are all liars and still watching the game otherwise you will not post here

I don't live in the USA anymore, I have to disrupt my sleep to stay up and watch a home game.

You are crazy to call people idiots, it's much easier to post on a forum after peeking at the box score the following day.

These are millionaires, at the end of the day they go home to mansions.

I have a responsibility to provide for my family (bleep) the Lakers lol.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: I’m done watching this team

george w kush wrote:
Someone DM me when they can put together a string of 4-5 wins in a row.

Im tired of:

-Seeing teams go on 20-2 runs without Pockets calling a time out

-Vando, Reddish and Prince on the floor at the same time

-Not having a real offense or any kind of set plays, and guys just freestyling out there with LeBron pick and rolls over and over again

-Looking strong in certain games(Pacers/Thunder) while looking like the Pistons against teams like the Spurs and Bulls

-Wood playing in slow motion and having the basketball IQ of a Turkey

-Hayes getting any kind of minutes on the floor

-DLO not paying attention to his man on the floor, and his man getting an easy layup or an open 3

-Seeing AD and LeBron giggling out there with our opponents while we’re down by 10 in the 4th quarter with less then 5 minutes left in the game

What else am I missing?

welcome back! lol
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:09 am    Post subject:

ThreePointBomber wrote:

You are crazy to call people idiots, it's much easier to post on a forum after peeking at the box score the following day.

I know right? What is really idiotic is making the assumption one is still watching the games because they are still posting here.

I still read/post here because I like to read thru all the piss and moan type of threads/posts after a game. They’re quite entertaining to me to see people have meltdowns about how the team is playing, not really understanding that these players really just don’t give a (bleep). No talk about players only meetings, no LeBron or Ham calling out the team, just the usual platitudes about needing to play better, etc…

And it’s just more validation for the rest of us who choose not to waste 2 and a half hours of our lives watching a bunch of multimillionaires go out there and sleepwalk against teams like the Bulls.

I went to a sports bar on Thursday night, not even knowing the Lakers were playing. I got there around the middle of the 4th, and me and the bartender were just laughing at the score and how pathetic the team is playing.

I said it in another thread, but the difference in ownership/management between the Dodgers and Lakers is night and day. Dodgers put on a masterclass this offseason on how to spend on free agents, and make trades to put your team in a position to win multiple World Series titles for the next 10 years.

Pelinka on the other hand gave 30 million to Gabe Vincent and drafted a bum like Hood over Jaquez.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:30 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
ThreePointBomber wrote:

I know right? What is really idiotic is making the assumption one is still watching the games because they are still posting here.

I still read/post here because I like to read thru all the piss and moan type of threads/posts after a game. They’re quite entertaining to me to see people have meltdowns about how the team is playing, not really understanding that these players really just don’t give a (bleep). No talk about players only meetings, no LeBron or Ham calling out the team, just the usual platitudes about needing to play better, etc…

And it’s just more validation for the rest of us who choose not to waste 2 and a half hours of our lives watching a bunch of multimillionaires go out there and sleepwalk against teams like the Bulls.

I went to a sports bar on Thursday night, not even knowing the Lakers were playing. I got there around the middle of the 4th, and me and the bartender were just laughing at the score and how pathetic the team is playing.

I said it in another thread, but the difference in ownership/management between the Dodgers and Lakers is night and day. Dodgers put on a masterclass this offseason on how to spend on free agents, and make trades to put your team in a position to win multiple World Series titles for the next 10 years.

Pelinka on the other hand gave 30 million to Gabe Vincent and drafted a bum like Hood over Jaquez.

Lol, I agree with everything except calling JHS a bum.

Dude should be playing G-League getting his reps up.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:58 pm    Post subject:

These Lakers don't MAKE things easy

One day some people are thinking of making trades and "gutting" the team and than 2 wins against 2 good teams and it becomes..

I don't know..maybe the Lakers don't need to trade anyone...
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:09 pm    Post subject:

I still watch sometimes, but the investment is not the same as when I believe in what the Lakers are doing. Mentally, I'm just waiting until the Lakers make moves. If no move happen, then I guess I'm checked out for the rest of the season.

It's like when the Lakers were rebuilding and I didn't believe in any of the Lakers' young talent. That team was on a path to mediocrity, and it's tough to stay invested when the team needs to completely change what they're doing to get back on the path to eventual contention.

This team needs to be open to moving AR AND firing Ham, and every report suggests the Lakers aren't willing to do either.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:45 pm    Post subject:

When the HC refuses to play the best 5... the same best 5 that tore it up last year... and after 3 of the 5 got resigned or extended... all for a vet min player who brings nothing to the other 4...

It feels like we're not serious about winning and at this point in my life this is bad entertainment at best that's only worth watching if winning is the likely outcome.

Ham is his own worst enemy.

He's going to get himself fired. Bron spoke publicly tonight finally... anymore TP in the starting lineup and he's toast.

This is not a championship HC plain and simple.

#BannersOverBillboards
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:10 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
When the HC refuses to play the best 5... the same best 5 that tore it up last year... and after 3 of the 5 got resigned or extended... all for a vet min player who brings nothing to the other 4...

It feels like we're not serious about winning and at this point in my life this is bad entertainment at best that's only worth watching if winning is the likely outcome.

Ham is his own worst enemy.

He's going to get himself fired. Bron spoke publicly tonight finally... anymore TP in the starting lineup and he's toast.

This is not a championship HC plain and simple.

I was thinking the same thing. Playing the 5 highest paid players is usually self evident. Usually the higher the salary the better overall player….
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:48 am    Post subject:

Another play in season
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:54 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
ThreePointBomber wrote:
Still not watching games

This is kind of how I feel about the entire league at the moment. The product just stinks. Yesterday all the games were blowouts. Boston only played JT and JB because of the min games requirement for end of the season awards. It's a joke at this point.

Major changes are needed, as well as a changing of the guard. The generation of players who wanted to just have fun with each other and not be competitive, just needs to go away. As much as it is important to obviously make playing worthwhile for the payer, if no one wants to watch the product anymore, something's wrong.

I have seen basically half a game this season and most of my watching has been random highlights. I'll catch the first games of the playoffs, but I'm not exactly positive that I'll find anything worthwhile.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
ThreePointBomber wrote:
Still not watching games

Major changes are needed, as well as a changing of the guard. The generation of players who wanted to just have fun with each other and not be competitive, just needs to go away. As much as it is important to obviously make playing worthwhile for the payer, if no one wants to watch the product anymore, something's wrong.

I have seen basically half a game this season and most of my watching has been random highlights. I'll catch the first games of the playoffs, but I'm not exactly positive that I'll find anything worthwhile.

Then you’re missing out. This has to be an exaggeration. One game. This team has had some great games but then follow it up with a stinker. Inconsistent.
I’m a season ticket holder and watched a lot of games on tv.
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:42 am    Post subject:

ThreePointBomber wrote:
Still not watching games

I dont blame you. F this clown show.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: