*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers (01/23/24 @ 6:30 pm PT | Gm#45 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:26 pm    Post subject:

https://x.com/labound2/status/1750024150431801797?s=46&t=YQnZyfnx7VlfNBbYDR3Cxg
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:27 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
Other teams play with joy

LEklutch year in and year out has the roster playing in fear....

Can't fkkng wait until they are all GONE.....

The Lakers were dancing all over the court last game. They seem to have tons of fun when they’re winning.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Would be nice if once in a blue moon, AD would become a leader without LeBron and lead us to a quality win without his running mate, we are like 24-31 without LeBron since AD came to the Lakers

What the hell are you talking about.?

The lakers had a winning record with AD and without Bron last year. AD got you into the whole day playoffs from below 500 when he returned to over 500 and the 7th seed without the help of Bron just last year

AD has a better record without Bron this year than Bron has without him. In fact Bron is winless without him this year.

That’s a bs take

Someone showed us a stat that said we were something like 24-30 with AD and no LeBron, your post makes me feel better about AD’s leadership

One wonders if the team composition would be the same in an AD team without Lebron. Would we be going this long with one true point guard, for instance?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Brick and Coffey 6/6 from the 3, that’s the game

Of course against us. Worst 3pt defense ever

Brick is shooting 28.6% from the 3, don’t blame our defense for that one. That is our game plan and it is the right one. Coffey is a good shooter

Leaving NBA players wide open and converging in the paint when we have a dpoy candidate is a good strategy? Lol

We didn’t leave them open and converging in the paint, they were open because we had to trap kawhi and PG and also our stupid switching. Ball moves faster than man. Also AD was guarding Kawhi in the second half, no inside presence either.
Teams left us open too, are you saying we don’t have NBA players?

Today we double teamed but usually that's the defensive strategy.

We have scrubs like prince playing 32mins/game and cam 24/min. No matter the team they won't do squat.
Vando and Rui are not 3point players either

M smart was 0/13 before he played us and went 5/8, 1 point he was 5/5. JJJ was 4/4

Players got hot against the lakers all the time, for years. How much was it due to them always get up to play the lakers and how much it was our defense? TP/cam/rui/vando was 5/12 from the 3 tonight.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
#savethekids wrote:

The Lakers were dancing all over the court last game. They seem to have tons of fun when they’re winning.

Last game I saw dlo in tears and being consoled,didn't look like fun to me.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

I can’t ignore the fact how Embiid’s teammates respect him and always try giving him the ball, same with Jokic, AD sometimes plays like he’s watching others play hero ball
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Brick is shooting 28.6% from the 3, don’t blame our defense for that one. That is our game plan and it is the right one. Coffey is a good shooter

Also lets call out another poor performance from Reaves
5/14 from the field 2/8 from 3pt
5 assists to 3 TOs

He just hasn't been playing to the level we need from him on either side of the ball

Yes, pretty bad tonight
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

If only there was someone in the Lakers organization who could like tell the team to give the ball to AD, or even better, draw up some sort of organized sequence that would create a scenario where Anthony Davis could get the basket ball in a position where he could succeed. Maybe this person could be like really close to the action, and have the power to call time outs, and decide who gets to go into the game and when. If only, one day, maybe.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:30 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Leaving NBA players wide open and converging in the paint when we have a dpoy candidate is a good strategy? Lol

We didn’t leave them open and converging in the paint, they were open because we had to trap kawhi and PG and also our stupid switching. Ball moves faster than man. Also AD was guarding Kawhi in the second half, no inside presence either.

We have scrubs like prince playing 32mins/game and cam 24/min. No matter the team they won't do squat.

M smart was 0/13 before he played us and went 5/8, 1 point he was 5/5. JJJ was 4/4

Players got hot against the lakers all the time, for years. How much was it due to them always get up to play the lakers and how much it was our defense? TP/cam/rui/vando was 5/12 from the 3 tonight.

They’re 13-2 against us the last 15. Probably should have beat us the 1st game but didn’t.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:31 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

5 assists to 3 TOs

He just hasn't been playing to the level we need from him on either side of the ball

Yeah Reaves have been in a little slump, but it happens.

I was debating some friends of mine about how good Reaves is. They say he's closer to Grayson Allen level. I thought he was a bit better than that but maybe I was wrong. I'm really having to rethink just how good he is.

I'm trying not to get too down on him but he's just not playing to the level we need and its been most of the year. This game was a good example. Reaves plays a bit better and we really have a chance to win. We're running out of runway. Need Reaves to show up or we should just send him out for an upgrade

Like how much better is Reaves than a guy like Bogdanovich and Capela? I would even consider sending Reaves and a 1st for Murray. Murray would have absolutely made a difference in this game.

Last edited by Kobe_Is_King13 on Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:32 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
#savethekids wrote:

Schizophrenic. They did a little feature on DLO on the pregame show today and they literally showed a snippet from the last game of like him and Jax dancing and horsing around as DLO was going to the bench. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by TDRock on Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Is Thursday’s game against the Bulls a must win? Seems like we say that almost every time we drop a game like a fly
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

They’re 13-2 against us the last 15. Probably should have beat us the 1st game but didn’t.

Who won the last championship? Or even got into the WCf?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Is Thursday’s game against the Bulls a must win? Seems like we say that almost every time we drop a game like a fly

It has to be
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:34 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
#savethekids wrote:

Schizophrenic. They did a little feature on DLO on the pregame show today and they literally showed a snippet of like him and Jax dancing and horsing around as DLO was going to the bench. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol 😂😂😂😂😂 perfect definition of this team
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

I can’t ignore the fact how Embiid’s teammates respect him and always try giving him the ball, same with Jokic, AD sometimes plays like he’s watching others play hero ball

You are literally comparing a scorer, point guard, and defender

Joel always wants the ball and wants to score

Joker always handles the ball and gets people shot

AD tends to cover all his guys ass on defense first
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:

We don’t say that. You say that after every game
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

5 assists to 3 TOs

I was debating some friends of mine about how good Reaves is. They say he's closer to Grayson Allen level. I thought he was a bit better than that but maybe I was wrong. I'm really having to rethink just how good he is.

I'm trying to get too down on him but he's just not playing to the level we need and its been most of the year. This game was a good example. Reaves plays a bit better and we really have a chance to win. We're running out of runway. Need Reaves to show up or we should just send him out for an upgrade

Like how much better is Reaves than a guy like Bogdanovich and Capela? I would even consider sending Reaves and a 1st for Murray. Murray would have absolutely made a difference in this game.

Thing about DLo and Reaves is that they’re both slump-prone, and you can’t have that from both your backcourt starters, particularly if neither are great defensively. Even if it’s not great, DLo does provides more defense (wouldn’t have thought I’d say this a year ago), as well as shooting and playmaking

Is Murray consistent? If so, it would definitely go a long way for this squad, but would still be hesitant to give a fully unprotected first with Reaves/other pieces
#18 next...
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

No need to worry about must wins....this team will make some form of a trade creep into the play in/playoffs.....Bron puts all his chips in that he can make noise and see what happens from there...
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Shaq just said they were going at Reaves every time and every player on the clippers were waiting for Reaves to switch on them

Candice just said AR and Dlo don’t compliment one another well enough to win

Jamal Crawford just said they can play together but Reaves needs to come off the bench. He can finish games but he can’t start so Dlo can have the ball more and them together can’t be exploited defensively to start games

TNT crew killed them

Last edited by Kblo247! on Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:41 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

5 assists to 3 TOs

I'm trying to get too down on him but he's just not playing to the level we need and its been most of the year. This game was a good example. Reaves plays a bit better and we really have a chance to win. We're running out of runway. Need Reaves to show up or we should just send him out for an upgrade

Thing about DLo and Reaves is that they’re both slump-prone, and you can’t have that from both your backcourt starters, particularly if neither are great defensively. Even if it’s not great, DLo does provides more defense (wouldn’t have thought I’d say this a year ago), as well as shooting and playmaking

Is Murray consistent? If so, it would definitely go a long way for this squad, but would still be hesitant to give a fully unprotected first with Reaves/other pieces

I think the question is "Is Murray more consistent than Reaves?"...which I think is an absolute yes. Not sure why thr fromt office doesnt think a lineup of DLo, Murray, Rui, Bron and AD cant compete. You get the best of both worlds.

You have 3 guys that can get their own shot and get teammates involved. Plus you keep a better player and shooter in DLo.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:43 pm    Post subject:

If they could get Bruce Brown for Gabe, JHS, Max, Hayes, and a first with some seconds they may have to go that route.

Brown can compliment them both better and clear up the clutter of Cam and Max playing together.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Shaq just said they were going at Reaves every time and every player on the clippers were waiting for Reaves to switch on them

Jamal Crawford just said they can play together but Reaves needs to come off the bench. He can finish games but he can’t start so Dlo can have the ball more and them together can’t be exploited defensively to start games

TNT crew killed them

Its so obvious what the issue is. Reaves is a good player, but hes getting targeted to death every game and his offense just isnt good enough to make up for the difference
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

TNT crew killed them

Its so obvious what the issue is. Reaves is a good player, but hes getting targeted to death every game and his offense just isnt good enough to make up for the difference

The crazy part of telling your 5 to chase Kawhi because Kawhi was forcing and dictating the switch to get AR on him or giving it to the guy AR was on was crazy. But yeah if every member of the tnt crew saw it, Jim Jackson called it out in the game too, it’s a problem.

It’s a reason Bruce Brown for the ancillary players and draft compensation may be the desired route. Bruce Brown comes in and starts over Reaves and Reaves becomes the sixth man is something they could work with.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

TNT crew killed them

We have built him up enough by claiming he is near untouchable. He should be the one to be traded.

DLo just needs to man up now and play like he has been playing every single night.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22
Jump to: