Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
samnizam wrote:
Rui was incredibly bad. No wounder he was traded by Washington.

He isn’t being used properly. He is NOT a spot up shooter in the corner. He is a MID RANGE shooter.

Yup I agree offensively he is not being utilized at all.

Defensively he needs to get it together

I dont know what they can do with that fifth starter position. Everyone in that role seems to play better without Lebron — I mean, off the bench .

Should be Vando. Ham decided to take Prince out of the starting lineup once Vando got hurt.

Incredibly dumb

Prince should remain coming off the bench.
Rui may have to go back to the bench however if he keeps playing like this.

Maybe run it

DLO
Reaves
LeBron
AD
Hayes

If Rui continues to underperform.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:00 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Bron looked gassed again to finish the 4th.

Ham have to figure out how to get Bron rest in the 4th... Played him again the whole 4th quarter. Should not be doing it at 39.

Reaves smh....

Oh the key is having another playmaker off the bench so that DLO, Reaves and LeBron don't have to play every second of the game at some point.

This is why the Lakers want to get Dinwiddie as a 6th man point guard...

Last edited by MJST on Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:01 pm    Post subject:

We shoot ourselves in the foot so many times every game. Every time we give up an offensive rebound it seems like it leads to a 3 pointer. Every time we commit a dumb turnover it seems to lead to an easy transition score. There was 1 play where there were 3 Lakers under the basket and 1 Nugget who got the offensive rebound. Boggles my mind we cannot even get rebounds.

I liked what I saw from Skylar Mays in the few minutes he played.

Last edited by lakerfansd on Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Darvin just snapped at McTen. A lil bit testy tonight I guess
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:03 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
BEazy wrote:
(bleep) hate Malone.... I hate the Nuggets...

Yeah, the attitude they all seem to have, when their loser franchise has only won one title ever, plus the refs seeming to always bail them out...Win 3 titles in a row, then this will be a "rivalry"

They have a right to. Of all the champions starting from 2020, these Nuggets are the best. They would have crushed the 2020 Lakers, 2021 Bucks and 2022 Warriors.

Huh? we beat the Nuggets in the Bubblefor the 2020 title...
I'm confused.

My question is who does KCP play for in this fantasy scenario?
2020 Lakers or 2023 nuggets?

Either way not trying to sound biased I got 2020 Lakers winning in a sweep or gentlemen sweep versus this 23’ championship nuggets squad.

-Rondo , Caruso, and Danny Green guarding Jamal

-Kuzma out doing Kuzma Porter Jr for more boneheaded plays with blonde hair activities

-35 year old Lebron cooking Watson, Gordon JR.
an btw Jerami Grant>>>>>Aaron Gordon and Watson

Either way I’ll share some of the flowers 1995lakers is giving out. Nikola and Jamal are amazing ballers. But yeah I’m still rolling with Javale and Dwight Mighty Ducks bash brothers.

Nobody beating that 2020 Lakers Leave a Legacy Gigi heart patch squad

We win that match up no matter who KCP plays for.
Lebron at 35 was unstoppable and unguardable. If we had that lebron last year, we would beat Denver again.

Maybe I’m a bit overly optimistic but I truly believe Lebron is still more than capable to replicate that same high level play today. Just need help with all the big strong dummy power forward and center crap. He’s being wasted when we expect him to play like Karl Malone.

I’m at the point I really hope we get a lumbering big to help Bron, AD, Hayes, and CWood.

I’d like to take a chance with Robin Lopez. He has some experience with AD from their time in New Orleans
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:03 pm    Post subject:

lakerfansd wrote:
We shoot ourselves in the foot so many times every game. Every time we give up an offensive rebound it seems like it leads to a 3 pointer. Every time we commit a dumb turnover it seems to lead to an easy transition score. There was 1 play where there were 3 Lakers under the basket and 1 Nugget who got the offensive rebound. Boggles my mind we cannot even get rebounds.

If not for Jaxson Hayes at the end the Nuggets would have ran away with it in the 4th his energy bought life to the team
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:04 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

I like Dave McMenamin but he can be a bit of a ball buster at times. Figures, his fiancé Malika Andrews is the same damn way LOL
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
BEazy wrote:

Yeah, the attitude they all seem to have, when their loser franchise has only won one title ever, plus the refs seeming to always bail them out...Win 3 titles in a row, then this will be a "rivalry"

They have a right to. Of all the champions starting from 2020, these Nuggets are the best. They would have crushed the 2020 Lakers, 2021 Bucks and 2022 Warriors.

I'm confused.

This is like saying the 1991 Bulls would have crushed any version of the Pistons (which they would have). I dont need to tell you that 2023 and 2024 Nuggets are far superior to the 2020 Nuggets.

Lots of respect for you but I SERIOUSLY disagree the 2023 Nuggets beat the 2020 Lakers. LeBron and AD were completely unstoppable and we had a bevy of defenders and length to match up with Murray, KCP, Gordon, and MJP. Bruce brown is NOT cooking Caruso. Murray is NOT cooking Caruso. AD’s middy couldn’t be touched. That coaching staff (I think the best complete staff of any champion this decade for sure) would work circles around Malone

Yeah.

Having the 2020 version of LeBron and AD makes a world of difference. Those Lakers had 2 "number 1 superstar" caliber players along with an elite defense and an elite defensive coach. They had Dwight and JaVale to throw at Jokic. They had Caruso and KCP to throw at Murray,

Last year's Nuggets are amazing, no doubt. But I think the rest of the league was also down. There's a reason why 2 play-in teams made it far into the playoffs.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:05 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
samnizam wrote:
Rui was incredibly bad. No wounder he was traded by Washington.

He isn’t being used properly. He is NOT a spot up shooter in the corner. He is a MID RANGE shooter.

Yup I agree offensively he is not being utilized at all.

Defensively he needs to get it together

I dont know what they can do with that fifth starter position. Everyone in that role seems to play better without Lebron — I mean, off the bench .

Should be Vando. Ham decided to take Prince out of the starting lineup once Vando got hurt.

Incredibly dumb

Maybe run it

DLO
Reaves
LeBron
AD
Hayes

Didn’t word my post clearly my bad.

Prince should’ve been coming off the bench a long time ago.

Was more annoyed that Ham finally decided to do it once Vando got hurt.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:06 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I like Dave McMenamin but he can be a bit of a ball buster at times. Figures, his fiancé Malika Andrews is the same damn way LOL

Oh are they engaged? Awwwww

But anyway yeah Dave brought up something about last year something that happened last year and Darvin just wasn't on board he was like that was last year it's 2024 now, next lol
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:06 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
BEazy wrote:

I'm confused.

Either way not trying to sound biased I got 2020 Lakers winning in a sweep or gentlemen sweep versus this 23’ championship nuggets squad.

-Kuzma out doing Kuzma Porter Jr for more boneheaded plays with blonde hair activities

Either way I’ll share some of the flowers 1995lakers is giving out. Nikola and Jamal are amazing ballers. But yeah I’m still rolling with Javale and Dwight Mighty Ducks bash brothers.

We win that match up no matter who KCP plays for.
Lebron at 35 was unstoppable and unguardable. If we had that lebron last year, we would beat Denver again.

Maybe I’m a bit overly optimistic but I truly believe Lebron is still more than capable to replicate that same high level play today. Just need help with all the big strong dummy power forward and center crap. He’s being wasted when we expect him to play like Karl Malone.

I’m at the point I really hope we get a lumbering big to help Bron, AD, Hayes, and CWood.

I’d like to take a chance with Robin Lopez. He has some experience with AD from their time in New Orleans

Not going to happen unfortunately, he will never get back to that 2020 level. He was 3/4/5 and clearly the best player in the NBA. People often underestimate how dominant of a player the younger lebron is. He really changes games.
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakerfansd wrote:

If not for Jaxson Hayes at the end the Nuggets would have ran away with it in the 4th his energy bought life to the team

I was really down on Hayes for most the season but he's really played well last couple games. He just cannot guard the perimeter. There were two plays where he gave up easy basket but that's where it's team defense and someone needs to help.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Mayes should have closed the game guarding Murray.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow23_ wrote:
Mayes should have closed the game guarding Murray.

He went under the screen in back to back positions, Murray just missed them
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:08 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Maybe run it

DLO
Reaves
LeBron
AD
Hayes

I would rather try Max Christie over Reaves. See how he does with more minutes. Reaves getting 38 minutes and producing 15 points is trash. At least Max can spot up from 3
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
MJST wrote:

Maybe run it

DLO
Reaves
LeBron
AD
Hayes

I would rather try Max Christie over Reaves. See how he does with more minutes. Reaves getting 38 minutes and producing 15 points is trash. At least Max can spot up from 3

We had 2 play makers today, lebron and AR, so I don’t think we have any choices, AR did have a bad game, but our hands are tight
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:15 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
BEazy wrote:

I'm confused.

This is like saying the 1991 Bulls would have crushed any version of the Pistons (which they would have). I dont need to tell you that 2023 and 2024 Nuggets are far superior to the 2020 Nuggets.

Lots of respect for you but I SERIOUSLY disagree the 2023 Nuggets beat the 2020 Lakers. LeBron and AD were completely unstoppable and we had a bevy of defenders and length to match up with Murray, KCP, Gordon, and MJP. Bruce brown is NOT cooking Caruso. Murray is NOT cooking Caruso. AD’s middy couldn’t be touched. That coaching staff (I think the best complete staff of any champion this decade for sure) would work circles around Malone

KCP was with us.

Of course but he was also with Denver
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:16 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Damnnnn.... Shutout to Dave for pulling a girl like Malika.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:17 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
BEazy wrote:

I'm confused.

I look at it like this. Last year (and to an extent this year as well) We were a really good defensive team when we locked in last year and we would have trampled the offensive efficiencies of literally every other team in the league the way we were defending. Keep in mind fellas, I really believe this when I say we were the second-best team in the league last year: We would have beaten the jump shooting Suns (in a tough battle - would have been harder than either GSW or MEM series based on Booker and Durant's superpowers but their fundamental weakneses of lack of depth, inside presence and mid-range shot variance would have played in our favor the longer the series goes), 4th quarter efficiency struggling Celtics and frankly limited talent Heat. But what could we do against Denver????? Frankly nothing as we saw. We might as well have been a bottom 10 defensive team, the looks the Nuggets got vs us and against a crappy defending team probably would have been similar. That tells me our defensive superpower isnt nearly enough against Denver. Was our defense that much better in 2020 than 2023: honestly when we locked in I dont think so unless really Dwight is truly the Jokic kryptonite (or closest thing to it) he showed himself to be in 2020 and it could still work in 2023 and 2024. Could Caruso/our KCP truly hinder playoff locked in Murray - lets just say Im not counting on it.

Then you couple the fact that offensively 2020, we were not an offensive powerhouse ourselves. But I will say this: I rated the 2020 Lakers the second best over 2021 Bucks and 2022 Warriors and our talent and experience may be enough to get past the 2023 Nuggets. Like where the talent is close enough to where the mental edge plays a factor and in this aspect, I would put the 2020 Lakers over the 2023 Nuggets. It comes down to this simply for me: the 2023 Nuggets would have had an easier time scoring on the 2020 Lakers than vice versa but the difference may not be as pronounced to the point where the 2020 Lakers experience and mental edge may bring them past the 2023 Nuggets.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:21 pm    Post subject:

You guys trip me out. We had Mr Mo's jersey on. If the refs hadn't overturned an obvious charge we may have won the game. It broke our momentum. The 10 point loss was not indicative of the game. I'm gonna chug-a-lug a couple of Heinekins and crash. Good night fam.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
BEazy wrote:

I'm confused.

Yeah.

Having the 2020 version of LeBron and AD makes a world of difference. Those Lakers had 2 "number 1 superstar" caliber players along with an elite defense and an elite defensive coach. They had Dwight and JaVale to throw at Jokic. They had Caruso and KCP to throw at Murray,

Last year's Nuggets are amazing, no doubt. But I think the rest of the league was also down. There's a reason why 2 play-in teams made it far into the playoffs.

In terms of AD, his base level as a player I think is as good as he was in 2020 as his jumper wasnt as good as it was back then but remember how soft he looked sometimes throughout that year inside to where he could be pushed off the block??? He definitely is better scoring inside than he was back in 2020.

In terms of Bron, 2020 Bron was miles better than the one last year. But the one last year went nuclear in game 4 and he is much better with his over the top shotmaking than he was last year and he is at 2020 level in this regard. TBH, other than consistent defense this year, I dont think Bron has declined that much from 2020 and defensively, Bron can still lock in when he has to.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Bubble lebron was unstoppable, ^
How dominant? He averaged 10 more ppg in less shot attempts than last year’s lebron
Him and ad both shot 37-38% from the 3 in the playoffs, Denver is not beating that
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
You guys trip me out. We had Mr Mo's jersey on. If the refs hadn't overturned an obvious charge we may have won the game. It broke our momentum. The 10 point loss was not indicative of the game.

What broke our momentum was everytime we got close, we gave up an open corner 3 to Michael porter jr
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:27 pm    Post subject:

2020 Starting line-up.

McGee
AD
Lebron
Green
Bradley

Kuzma
KCP
Caruso
Howard
Rondo

Defense wins championships. Starting backcourt and Center were not offensive guys. But those guys were able to shutdown or slow down some of the best scoring backcourts in the league.

Even the 2021 team was close to that. If it was not for Solomon Hill and AD injuries. They probably repeat.

Current Roster:

AD
Lebron
Vando
Reaves
DLO

Rui
Gabe
Cam
Prince
Wood
Hayes
Max

Huge difference on both sides of the court here. And AD at the 5 still???

Last edited by miggz23 on Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:28 pm    Post subject:

at 2:15 the score was tied.

We could have won this. Our role players and AD put us in a position to do so.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 30 of 32
Jump to: