Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:29 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
at 2:15 the score was tied.

We could have won this. Our role players and AD put us in a position to do so.

Too many mental mistakes.
Those ball handling PGs shooting in your face 3s seems like the modern NBA, we don’t have that.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:32 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Bron playing the whole 4th, how many times have we seen him last couple years not having enough to finish the game? Have to find a way to fix that.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:32 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
2020 Starting line-up.

McGee
AD
Lebron
Green
Bradley

Kuzma
KCP
Caruso
Howard
Rondo

Defense wins championships. Starting backcourt and Center were not offensive guys. But those guys were able to shutdown or slow down some of the best scoring backcourts in the league.

Even the 2021 team was close to that. If it was not for Solomon Hill and AD injuries. They probably repeat.

Current Roster:

AD
Lebron
Vando
Reaves
DLO

Rui
Gabe
Cam
Prince
Wood
Hayes
Max

Huge different on both sides of the court here. And AD at the 5???

AD was at the 5 for most of the time in the playoffs and that was our best lineup. A lot has changed since. First, AD is no longer a jump shooting threat, second lebron is no longer a 3. I don’t see AD ever go back to a 4.
The biggest difference between this team and 2020 is lebron being 4 years older and the difference is huge
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:39 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
2020 Starting line-up.

McGee
AD
Lebron
Green
Bradley

Kuzma
KCP
Caruso
Howard
Rondo

Defense wins championships. Starting backcourt and Center were not offensive guys. But those guys were able to shutdown or slow down some of the best scoring backcourts in the league.

Even the 2021 team was close to that. If it was not for Solomon Hill and AD injuries. They probably repeat.

Current Roster:

AD
Lebron
Vando
Reaves
DLO

Rui
Gabe
Cam
Prince
Wood
Hayes
Max

Huge different on both sides of the court here. And AD at the 5???

AD was at the 5 for most of the time in the playoffs and that was our best lineup. A lot has changed since. First, AD is no longer a jump shooting threat, second lebron is no longer a 3. I don’t see AD ever go back to a 4.
The biggest difference between this team and 2020 is lebron being 4 years older and the difference is huge

Lebron and AD playing 4/5, are taking most of the pounding in most nights now. Specially AD. AD at the 4 was able to rome free more. Bron is still a very capable defender at the 3. Bron probably having a better season shooting the ball than 2020. So his dropoff is not that significant.

A lot has changed... Roster construction is the biggest difference. Coaching also has been major dropoff...
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Lakers needing that 3rd perimeter star who can be the go to score at the end when LeBron is running out of gas, and AD shys away from big shots.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:46 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Lakers needing that 3rd perimeter star who can be the go to score at the end when LeBron is running out of gas, and AD shys away from big shots.

This is why I always wanted D'Lo to average over 20 a game and run/control the offense. Something needs to fundamentally change the balance of who gets easier looks/shots against the other. What Japago was saying in terms of needing more offensive threats is correct on a fundamental level because defensively we cant shut off their faucet. The only way to counteract that is by being a better offensive team ourselves since we cannot beat them with defense. We dont have a Dwight fascimile who can somewhat hinder the offensive machine of the Nuggets by making Jokic uncomfortable and work due to Dwight's strength/defensive IQ.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:46 pm    Post subject:

You take more poundings by getting picked in the perimeter,and nobody is punishing lebron in the post. McGee and Howard barely played in the playoffs(Dwight was used more in the Denver series).
Lebron chasing at 3 just tires him quicker, trust me, no coach is drawing up plays to go at AD and Lebron on isolations

The difference between today’s lebron and bubble lebron is very significant. He went to the basket non stop in the bubble, while shooting a high percentage from 3. Like is said he averaged 10 more points on the same number of shots while getting 10 rebounds and 9 assist and countless blocks. Most importantly, you give him the ball in the end, he delivers. He can’t do that now
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:48 pm    Post subject:

I think Christie was on his way to having a good game, but then hurt his ankle.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:50 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I think Christie was on his way to having a good game, but then hurt his ankle.

Yep that was Le disappointing.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:51 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Someone like Mitchell would fit the need. Hopefully they can get a star in the summer
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:52 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
You take more poundings by getting picked in the perimeter,and nobody is punishing lebron in the post. McGee and Howard barely played in the playoffs(Dwight was used more in the Denver series).
Lebron chasing at 3 just tires him quicker, trust me, no coach is drawing up plays to go at AD and Lebron on isolations

The difference between today’s lebron and bubble lebron is very significant. He went to the basket non stop in the bubble, while shooting a high percentage from 3. Like is said he averaged 10 more points on the same number of shots while getting 10 rebounds and 9 assist and countless blocks. Most importantly, you give him the ball in the end, he delivers. He can’t do that now

I have no issues with Lebron come playoffs time. He will always turns it up during the playoffs. Even last year was night and day with Lebron in the playoffs on one foot.

That roster was also built to take the pounding throughout the regular season... Having DLO/Reaves starting provide very minimal resistance. Old Lebron will pick and choose when to put his body on the line. He takes calculated rest and plays during the regular season. I still think AD still more effecting at the 4... Remember when Rob and Ham says that AD will go back to that reason they brought in Hayes? Well thats one of the biggest lies so far this season.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:53 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Someone like Mitchell would fit the need. Hopefully they can get a star in the summer

Yessir....I would love to pair D'Angelo and Mitchell with Bron and AD and then go to war against the Nuggets.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:59 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

I have no issues with Lebron come playoffs time. He will always turns it up during the playoffs. Even last year was night and day with Lebron in the playoffs on one foot.

That roster was also built to take the pounding throughout the regular season... Having DLO/Reaves starting provide very minimal resistance. Old Lebron will pick and choose when to put his body on the line. He takes calculated rest and plays during the regular season. I still think AD still more effecting at the 4... Remember when Rob and Ham says that AD will go back to that reason they brought in Hayes? Well thats one of the biggest lies so far this season.

Hayes is not close to Dwight, and Jokic has evolved. The best way to beat Denver is stop Murray and MPJ. They played Jokic pretty well today and him guarding AD wasn’t exactly pleasant for him either. AD was on Jokic even when Hayes was on the court with him.
Lakers are not exactly a team everyone wants to play in the playoffs because they can be scary at times especially when the game slows down. However, we are a mess in the regular season. Players like DLo/AR need to bring their game.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:00 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Yessir....I would love to pair D'Angelo and Mitchell with Bron and AD and then go to war against the Nuggets.

I would give them DLO and AR , lol, but it’s just a dream now
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:04 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Yeah then maybe we’d win a game against them in the playoffs.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:28 am    Post subject:

Could have put someone like KCP or Jrue on Murray. We have that weakness at guard that our championship team didn't have. These elite guards are just gonna go ham on the Lakers every time.

That's 7 losses in a row against the Thuggets. Unless there's an injury to Murray or Jokic, I don't see how we could beat them 4 times in a series.

Maybe the Clippers could take them out for us. We actually match up much better against the Clits since they don't have an elite guard.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:21 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Hayes is not close to Dwight, and Jokic has evolved. The best way to beat Denver is stop Murray and MPJ. They played Jokic pretty well today and him guarding AD wasn’t exactly pleasant for him either. AD was on Jokic even when Hayes was on the court with him.
Lakers are not exactly a team everyone wants to play in the playoffs because they can be scary at times especially when the game slows down. However, we are a mess in the regular season. Players like DLo/AR need to bring their game.

Funny you said that when we just saw how effective Hayes and AD was in the 4th together. Jokic even said it himself having 2 shotblocking bigs out there bothered him the most. The difference is the Lakers just don’t have the same defense on the guard position that are able to slow down Murray.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:33 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
You guys trip me out. We had Mr Mo's jersey on. If the refs hadn't overturned an obvious charge we may have won the game. It broke our momentum. The 10 point loss was not indicative of the game.

What broke our momentum was everytime we got close, we gave up an open corner 3 to Michael porter jr

Yes, Michael Porter Jr kept us at bay but when we took the lead the horrible call threw us off-kilter. The way the team fought back missing key pieces gives me hope. I'm a dreamer. We make the play-ins and win a Bubble Championship.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:33 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

The exact same narrative as when we got swept. “We could have”

The Nuggets “could have” played better too. They posted tweets 2 days ago that they were playing dodgeball leading up to the game.

This is the time good teams fall asleep leading into all star. Anything is possible but if we beat them it will be more about them than us.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:58 am    Post subject:

We gave it our all, not mad at that, ran into a better team. Get healthy, regroup and as long as we have Bron/AD, we have a puncher’s chance
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:15 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Yeah then maybe we’d win a game against them in the playoffs.

We'd win more than a game. You wanna know the real difference between the Nuggets and Lakers right now? Jamal Murray! Whenever they need a clutch bucket against us, he makes it. When AR tied it up with the 3, Murray came right back with a dagger 3. We don't have anyone that can consistently give us that clutch bucket in pressure moments. Donovan Mitchell would certainly give us that.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:51 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Funny you said that when we just saw how effective Hayes and AD was in the 4th together. Jokic even said it himself having 2 shotblocking bigs out there bothered him the most. The difference is the Lakers just don’t have the same defense on the guard position that are able to slow down Murray.

If you play Hayes , we lose shooters in the perimeter because the rotation is slower, and on top of that, you let Jokic rest on defense instead of guarding AD PNR. Hayes had refreshing 3/4th quarter last night, but I don’t think he challenged any Jokic shots. It was his offense rebound. Denver played vando off the floor last year because they simply let him shoot and Jokic stays in the lane to contest shots. That’s not how you beat Denver.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:52 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
samnizam wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
samnizam wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Reaves' defensive regression far outpaces whatever improvements he's made offensively in addition to the dip in efficiency. This amounts to him having a worse season than last year. Objectively speaking.

Completely agree.

For what this team needs, once Gabe gets back? I'd say Max fits what we're trying to do here better than AR.
We could get a LOT back in a trade of AR.

So he had an off game and you want to trade him. You are an idiot

Excuse me keyboard tough guy?!?
Don't you dare call anyone an idiot here, dipsh$t...
Who the EFF do you think you are Einstein?!?

Shut up coach wannabe. I’m just tired of clueless people who don’t know or understand basketball.

I just PM'd you...I hope TO GOD you live in L.A.... Lets see you call me an "idiot" in person tough guy.

You guys are taking this WAY more seriously than you should.

You're right, I'm absolutely wasting my time with an Incel who probably was that kid in gym class who showered with his underwear on...

THERE IS NO ROOM HERE FOR THIS KIND OF NAMECALLING BACK AND FORTH PETTY FEUDS. JUST STOP.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:50 am    Post subject:

Come on dudes and dudettes. It's futile to argue over Reaves. If you play for this franchise, then you know that the cardinal rule is that EVERYONE, except Klutch's golden child, is expendable. I don't make the rules-- Jeanie, Rob and the Rambii do. Until the Buss kids run the org, they'll have zero interest in any kind of a youth movement. Everything will be based on appeasing and catering to the needs of a has been and diva.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:08 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Come on dudes and dudettes. It's futile to argue over Reaves. If you play for this franchise, then you know that the cardinal rule is that EVERYONE, except Klutch's golden child, is expendable. I don't make the rules-- Jeanie, Rob and the Rambii do. Until the Buss kids run the org, they'll have zero interest in any kind of a youth movement. Everything will be based on appeasing and catering to the needs of a has been and diva.

It’s simple man… You either go all in or you rebuild. This half *** moves and decisions just leads to mediocrity. Can’t win and be cheap at the same time. Lets just hope Lebron leaves this offseason, so we can see what this FO for who they really are. Specially when they no longer have Klutch Paul trying to swing deals their way.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 31 of 32
Jump to: