Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32

View previous topic :: View next topic  
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:19 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
Come on dudes and dudettes. It's futile to argue over Reaves. If you play for this franchise, then you know that the cardinal rule is that EVERYONE, except Klutch's golden child, is expendable. I don't make the rules-- Jeanie, Rob and the Rambii do. Until the Buss kids run the org, they'll have zero interest in any kind of a youth movement. Everything will be based on appeasing and catering to the needs of a has been and diva.

It’s simple man… You either go all in or you rebuild. This half *** moves and decisions just leads to mediocrity. Can’t win and be cheap at the same time. Lets just hope Lebron leaves this offseason, so we can see what this FO for who they really are. Specially when they no longer have Klutch Paul trying to swing deals their way.

Once LeBron leaves, the next ballhandling star becomes the boogeyman. I remember when Kobe shots to much. If we get Trae Young, you really think lamentations of star players having bad attitudes and being puppeteered by Klutch is going to go away?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:20 am    Post subject:

if people are saying we need a Spida to compete with the Nuggets, then that shows you how far away we really are. Even with the Ft discrepancy they methodically closed us down to end the game. Its ok to acknowledge we are not a championship team. Lets just hope for a fun run.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:07 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
Come on dudes and dudettes. It's futile to argue over Reaves. If you play for this franchise, then you know that the cardinal rule is that EVERYONE, except Klutch's golden child, is expendable. I don't make the rules-- Jeanie, Rob and the Rambii do. Until the Buss kids run the org, they'll have zero interest in any kind of a youth movement. Everything will be based on appeasing and catering to the needs of a has been and diva.

It’s simple man… You either go all in or you rebuild. This half *** moves and decisions just leads to mediocrity. Can’t win and be cheap at the same time. Lets just hope Lebron leaves this offseason, so we can see what this FO for who they really are. Specially when they no longer have Klutch Paul trying to swing deals their way.

Once LeBron leaves, the next ballhandling star becomes the boogeyman. I remember when Kobe shots to much. If we get Trae Young, you really think lamentations of star players having bad attitudes and being puppeteered by Klutch is going to go away?

I’m surprised that didn’t make the statue. “When Kobe attempted 23 or more field goals, the Lakers record was .”
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:11 am    Post subject:

Any one who watched what Denver did to neutralize our offense in the fourth quarter knows the blueprint. It had nothing to do with Jamal Murray. They packed the paint, all five in the paint, and we settled for 3 point shots, missed and got blown out. When we chuck 3’s, we get blown out, every, single, time. On a night we got to the foul like like 40 times, didn’t foul them, they only attempted 5 free throws the entire game. They know how to beat us and we were exposed on national television.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:28 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Any one who watched what Denver did to neutralize our offense in the fourth quarter knows the blueprint. It had nothing to do with Jamal Murray. They packed the paint, all five in the paint, and we settled for 3 point shots, missed and got blown out. When we chuck 3’s, we get blown out, every, single, time. On a night we got to the foul like like 40 times, didn’t foul them, they only attempted 5 free throws the entire game. They know how to beat us and we were exposed on national television.

i would've done the exact same thing to the Lakers, but without DLO, we don't have that guy to make them pay, Austin was cold last night. literally every team pack the paint against us. with both Hayes and AD on the court, why wouldn't they?
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:14 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
if people are saying we need a Spida to compete with the Nuggets, then that shows you how far away we really are. Even with the Ft discrepancy they methodically closed us down to end the game. Its ok to acknowledge we are not a championship team. Lets just hope for a fun run.

Spida is making his MVP run right now. There's not a chance the Lakers get him.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
at 2:15 the score was tied.

We could have won this. Our role players and AD put us in a position to do so.

The exact same narrative as when we got swept. “We could have”

The Nuggets “could have” played better too. They posted tweets 2 days ago that they were playing dodgeball leading up to the game.

This is the time good teams fall asleep leading into all star. Anything is possible but if we beat them it will be more about them than us.

welp thats a bunch of bullo you talking..smh. You were close..you think they were "falling asleep" ? Please stop ..we missed DLO playmaking and scoreing ..you dont have Cam defense nor Vando def and Christie got hurt early...and a Missing MLE..It was close but i really think we need a big body and some extra offense in case AR.DLO/Rui not having it going. HOWEVER WE WERE RIGHT THERE. We need Castle back to bang a real 6-11 or 7ft Center to bang and another 3 pt shooter that can actually shoot OR OR someone that can drive..welp..like MAys who HAM HOCK not going to use much prob. If we had either DLO or Vando i really think you would have seen another result but we didnt .
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:23 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:

The Nuggets “could have” played better too. They posted tweets 2 days ago that they were playing dodgeball leading up to the game.

This is the time good teams fall asleep leading into all star. Anything is possible but if we beat them it will be more about them than us.

welp thats a bunch of bullo you talking..smh. You were close..you think they were "falling asleep" ? Please stop ..we missed DLO playmaking and scoreing ..you dont have Cam defense nor Vando def and Christie got hurt early...and a Missing MLE..It was close but i really think we need a big body and some extra offense in case AR.DLO/Rui not having it going. HOWEVER WE WERE RIGHT THERE. We need Castle back to bang a real 6-11 or 7ft Center to bang and another 3 pt shooter that can actually shoot. If we had either DLO or Vando i really think you would have seen another result but we didnt .

First we had to prep Max for his best defense against the Nuggets because Vando and Cam were out. and he had some ball handling duties because Dlo was out and Reaves looked like his knee hurt or he had diarrhea all game.. he had to cover for Dlo out and Gabe is hopefully not Nunn2.0

and when shots didn't fall they built a wall around the paint... it was a bit disheartening to see how effective it was

KCP aint no Vando "ThunderBilt" level game changer along with Dlo Cam and Max.. we almost had them
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:34 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:

welp thats a bunch of bullo you talking..smh. You were close..you think they were "falling asleep" ? Please stop ..we missed DLO playmaking and scoreing ..you dont have Cam defense nor Vando def and Christie got hurt early...and a Missing MLE..It was close but i really think we need a big body and some extra offense in case AR.DLO/Rui not having it going. HOWEVER WE WERE RIGHT THERE. We need Castle back to bang a real 6-11 or 7ft Center to bang and another 3 pt shooter that can actually shoot OR OR someone that can drive..welp..like MAys who HAM HOCK not going to use much prob. If we had either DLO or Vando i really think you would have seen another result but we didnt .

dlo got benched against this team so he isn't our savior.
Bron had 3 days off yet looked gassed late- Not good.
we had a 20-7 FT advantage
yes vandy is a loss but we had a better team last year and they did this exact same thing to us.

Cam reddish is a marginal player at best and that is being kind. Nuggs are disciplined and have a bread and butter game that is only stopped by if its an off night or not.

We can compare AD and Jokic all day and how close they may be, but there isn't a soul on the planet that isn't taking Jokic/Murray over bron/AD.

They are a horrible match-up.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:

dlo got benched against this team so he isn't our savior.
Bron had 3 days off yet looked gassed late- Not good.
we had a 20-7 FT advantage
yes vandy is a loss but we had a better team last year and they did this exact same thing to us.

Cam reddish is a marginal player at best and that is being kind. Nuggs are disciplined and have a bread and butter game that is only stopped by if its an off night or not.

We can compare AD and Jokic all day and how close they may be, but there isn't a soul on the planet that isn't taking Jokic/Murray over bron/AD.

They are a horrible match-up.

Yeah, I don't see this team having a chance in hell against the Nuggs in a full Series.. That's also WILD using DLo as a reason we would have won when he was literally benched like you said against them not too long ago. Not only was he benched but the Nuggets team were pretty much laughing and mocking him to the media like he was a complete joke. There's no doubt in my mind they are going to attack him and talk endless trash and truthfully that's where i'm most worried about DLo is the mental side of things as the talent is clearly there to be at worst a solid contributor against them.

This is all only even a small posibility if AD and Bron are once again mostly healthy heading into the Series which is yet another massive "if". Now with Dinwiddie signed we already have Ham sounding excited to use 3 guard lineups which is yet another massive handicap against the Nuggets as they will likely have multiple guys that are pulling up and just shooting over the top again.. Just a brutal matchup for this Roster unless AD and Bron can both play MVP level basketball to give us at least a chance.

I'd absolutely LOVE to be wrong about this since I can't stand the Nuggets but i'm not seeing the hope others are against them this Season.. I think if fully healthy we have at least a shot against most other teams so maybe we'll get lucky and someone esle will knock them out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
Page 32 of 32
Jump to: