SPENCER DINWIDDIE #26 is Officially a Laker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:22 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Spencer loves the Lakers, has always wanted to be a Laker, has a home in California, has family in both Northern and Southern California. And would be a perfect fit here and guaranteed minutes with the absence of Gabe all year.

Not to mention liking tweets talking about what he'll do as a Laker. It's up to the Lakers to nail the pitch.

Agree. It's all about the pitch and players like Lebron and Davis showing him the love.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:40 am    Post subject:

Dallas can offer more money and he's already familiar with their program. It's not solely up to the Lakers. There are other factors and a market to compete with.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:45 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Definitely needed while Gabe is indisposed for the rest of the season.

I've noticed you tend to just make things up to suit your talking points. Gabe is reported to be back early March. Where are the reports that he's out for the season?
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:48 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
MJST wrote:

I've noticed you tend to just make things up to suit your talking points. Gabe is reported to be back early March. Where are the reports that he's out for the season?

Gabe isn't coming back. We've seen this story before.

He's gonna be re-evaluated.
Then he's gonna need several weeks of practice to get himself in NBA shape.
Then he's gonna start running the 5-on-5s.
Then he's going to have knee issues again.
Then he's gonna be shut down for the rest of the year.

Then he's gonna come into next season, play 15 games where he makes minimal impact.
Then he's going to be traded at the trade deadline.
And then the following season he's going to be playing overseas.

Would like to be wrong, but I felt the same way about Nunn.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:54 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
manlisten wrote:
MJST wrote:

Gabe isn't coming back. We've seen this story before.

He's gonna be re-evaluated.
Then he's gonna need several weeks of practice to get himself in NBA shape.
Then he's gonna start running the 5-on-5s.
Then he's going to have knee issues again.
Then he's gonna be shut down for the rest of the year.

Then he's gonna come into next season, play 15 games where he makes minimal impact.
Then he's going to be traded at the trade deadline.
And then the following season he's going to be playing overseas.

Would like to be wrong, but I felt the same way about Nunn.

So then you are just making things up. It's of course possible he has a setback but the reports are that his rehab is on schedule. The ramp up is included in the timeline to return, it's not tacked on after the fact unless there's a setback.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:56 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
MJST wrote:

Gabe is reported to be re-evaluated in early March, there is no estimate on his return.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
manlisten wrote:
MJST wrote:

Gabe is reported to be re-evaluated in early March, there is no estimate on his return.

He's scheduled to return to game action in early March. If his rehab has been going accordingly, which it has been. If he suffers a setback then his return would be delayed. He hasn't had any setbacks and his rehab is going on schedule according to reports.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:34 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
manlisten wrote:
MJST wrote:

He's scheduled to return to game action in early March. If his rehab has been going accordingly, which it has been. If he suffers a setback then his return would be delayed. He hasn't had any setbacks and his rehab is going on schedule according to reports.

It's amazing how 6-8 Weeks has now turned into 8-10 Weeks under everyone's noses.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:52 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
manlisten wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
manlisten wrote:
MJST wrote:

It's amazing how 6-8 Weeks has now turned into 8-10 Weeks under everyone's noses.

What's amazing is how early March turned into playing overseas. Still don't see any reports confirming that one.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:39 pm    Post subject:

It's possible he could be headed to Dallas.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:44 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
MJST wrote:
manlisten wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
manlisten wrote:
MJST wrote:

What's amazing is how early March turned into playing overseas. Still don't see any reports confirming that one.

Hopefully Vincent comes back this year but even if so we’re holding our breath on him even being useful then. The “playing overseas” pun…just to continue the analogy…applies from recent Heat PG experience where the return date became a Nunnfactor as it never happened so it’s just preparing for the possible disappointment of history repeating itself.
crazylakerfan001
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Fully expect him to turn in to hot do-do if he comes here per the usual

if he goes to Dallas he will play like an allstar against us and just mediocre against anyone else
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
It's possible he could be headed to Dallas.

Posted this in the FA thread too, but it's not clear to me how certain his role would be here with Bron, Reaves and Russell already ball dominant players on the roster. Then there's Gabe's possible return and Darvin's interest in playing Prince, Cam and (possibly) Max at guard. In Dallas, there's a much clearer role for him as the third ball handler after Luka and Kyrie. Much better chance for him to step right in and look good setting up his forthcoming free agency.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
manlisten wrote:
MJST wrote:
manlisten wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
manlisten wrote:
MJST wrote:

Hopefully Vincent comes back this year but even if so we’re holding our breath on him even being useful then. The “playing overseas” pun…just to continue the analogy…applies from recent Heat PG experience where the return date became a Nunnfactor as it never happened so it’s just preparing for the possible disappointment of history repeating itself.

Right. Certainly no guarantee on how he performs for better or worse. But he does have a clear timetable to return and is reportedly on schedule. So there's no real basis to say he's out for the year. Nunn I don't think ever had surgery or a firm timeline and constantly had setbacks. So not exactly a 1:1 comparison.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:27 pm    Post subject:

I think some of us are being superstitious
fears of exMiami guard.. injured...all season... 2.0
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:30 pm    Post subject:

we have 65 days left in the regular season. this is spencer's best and maybe only chance to join the lakers at this kind of deal, at this point in his career. what's he really gonna get out of going to the mavs for 65 days. there's basically 0 chance they win a ring, but there's a chance (small) that the lakers can make a run.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:33 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
we have 65 days left in the regular season. this is spencer's best and maybe only chance to join the lakers at this kind of deal, at this point in his career. what's he really gonna get out of going to the mavs for 65 days. there's basically 0 chance they win a ring, but there's a chance (small) that the lakers can make a run.

Most players aren't motivated by rings. He played his best basketball with the Mavs and can make the most money there. The choice is pretty obvious imo.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:35 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:

The money he lost by being cut is one thing. The chance to play with a bunch of guys he knows, a coach that used him well, and a front office guy he knows.

In LA he knows Dlo and Rui, that’s it … he’s also seen how their time has been handled and roles handled
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Have fun in Dallas.. Dinwiddie, I don’t blame you for looking at the best logical opportunity in terms of upping your value and having the chance to make a run with Dallas which you won’t get here if you join the Lakers
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

The money he lost by being cut is one thing. The chance to play with a bunch of guys he knows, a coach that used him well, and a front office guy he knows.

In LA he knows Dlo and Rui, that’s it … he’s also seen how their time has been handled and roles handled

demarre carroll whom he was a teammate with is an asst coach for us as well. thats something.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:39 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:

Tbf I wouldn’t discount any team with Luka and Kyrie as non contenders.
Plus I really like their deadline deals.
They swapped out headcase Grant Williams and got in return a 6’11 Daniel Gafford, Markieff Morris, and PJ Washington ext.

Still got Hardaway Jr. which explains why they ditched Seth Curry??!

But yeah back to Spencer , Dallas has more money sure,
He still has a house out here in his hometown in the San Fernando Valley.

Hope that’s enough for him to take a paycut
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Have fun in Dallas.. Dinwiddie, I don’t blame you for looking at the best logical opportunity in terms of upping your value and having the chance to make a run with Dallas which you won’t get here if you join the Lakers

Classic IG

Lower your expectations from the start to soften the blow with any bad news that follows 💀💀💀💀💀
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:09 pm    Post subject:

He's going to the Mavs for sure.
No doubt.
Based on everything I am reading.
I mean, he met with Cuban, they are probably good friends....knows other guys....
Would like him to pick the Lakers but it's not likely. Not getting my hopes up.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:17 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
No doubt.
I mean, he met with Cuban, they are probably good friends....knows other guys....

He was in New York, there was a Knicks Game where the Mavs would be. It was convenience if anything else. If the Nets had a game vs the Clippers, what game do you think Spencer would have been at and met with yesterday?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
No doubt.

He was in New York, there was a Knicks Game where the Mavs would be. It was convenience if anything else. If the Nets had a game vs the Clippers, what game do you think Spencer would have been at and met with yesterday?

All true statements. I just think the relationships are there with the Mavs. I think he would be a good add here. I know some here were talking about him like he is washed up. I don't think he is....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 3 of 23
Jump to: