Can the Lakers reach the Top 6 and avoid the Play-In Tournament?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can the Lakers reach the Top 6 and avoid the Play-In Tournament?
Yes.
33%
 33%  [ 28 ]
No, but finish #7/#8 (top of the bracket).
31%
 31%  [ 26 ]
No, they'll finish at #9 where they sit today.
34%
 34%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 83

Author Message
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 6457

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
Would love

7. PHX
8. GS
9. LA
10. NO

GS beats PHX -> 7th seed
LA beats NO and then PHX -> 8th seed


LAL vs MIN

CLIPS vs DAL

---

GS vs DEN

SAC vs OKC

League $ is happy because big fan bases are happy to at least have a shot AND Lakers would have a path to WCF.


go for 7th or 8th spot. below that is too risky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 3868

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Clippers' George, Leonard, Harden out vs. Suns

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39915404/clippers-paul-george-kawhi-leonard-james-harden-vs-suns
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 6457

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Clippers' George, Leonard, Harden out vs. Suns

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39915404/clippers-paul-george-kawhi-leonard-james-harden-vs-suns


wow. that is big. hope mofos lost their HCA to Mavs if they lose to suns.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 6457

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:32 pm    Post subject:

if suns win against the clippers I think Lakers will have a hard time getting the 7th or 8th spot. I think they should just rest bron and ad in the last 2 games and go all out in the play-in. Or wait for the results of the pels vs pelicans game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 23673

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:42 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
Clippers' George, Leonard, Harden out vs. Suns

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39915404/clippers-paul-george-kawhi-leonard-james-harden-vs-suns


wow. that is big. hope mofos lost their HCA to Mavs if they lose to suns.

They have tiebreaker over the mavs and 1 game lead, they will be safe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2021
Posts: 6109

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Suns win guarantees the Lakers will be in the play-in tournament.

https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/1778283378086969542
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 23673

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:50 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
best scenarios for Lakers

suns:
clippers L
kings W
wolves L

47-35

pels:
kings W
warriors W
lakers L

49-33

warriors:
blazers W
pels L
jazz W

46-36

kings:
pels L
suns L
blazers W

46-36

lakers:
grizz W
pels W

47-35


Pels #6
Lakers #7
Suns #8
Kings #9
Warriors #10



OR



suns:
clippers L
kings L
wolves L

46-36

pels:
kings L
warriors W
lakers L

48-34

warriors:
blazers W
pels L
jazz W

46-36

kings:
pels W
suns W
blazers W

48-34

lakers:
grizz W
pels W

47-35


Pels #6
Kings #7
Lakers #8

Suns/Warriors 9-10

With the win tonight, we have no chance at the 7th anymore.
Tomorrow’s game between the pelicans and the kings will give us a much better picture.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 54021

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:55 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

With the win tonight, we have no chance at the 7th anymore.
Tomorrow’s game between the pelicans and the kings will give us a much better picture.


The Nuggets have a 1 game lead on the top seed with the Spurs and Grizzlies as their remaining games. Barring some miracle, our season is as good as over.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 7060

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
The Suns win guarantees the Lakers will be in the play-in tournament.

https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/1778283378086969542


6th seed comes down between the Suns and Pelicans...

So Pelicans need to lose out and Kings need to drop 2 games.

7-Warriors
8-Lakers
9-Pelicans
10-Kings

OR

Pelicans beat Warriors... Kings drop 2 games.

7-Pelicans
8-Lakers
9-Warriors
10-Kings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Apr 2012
Posts: 1985
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Sacramento is the key to whether lakers can move up. Ideally Sacramento beats pelicans and suns at home. Pelicans and suns are teams we’d win tiebreakers with. Potential to finish 8.
_________________
17 time World Champions
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Apr 2012
Posts: 1985
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:01 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
The Suns win guarantees the Lakers will be in the play-in tournament.

https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/1778283378086969542


6th seed comes down between the Suns and Pelicans...

So Pelicans need to lose out and Kings need to drop 2 games.

7-Warriors
8-Lakers
9-Pelicans
10-Kings

OR

Pelicans beat Warriors... Kings drop 2 games.

7-Pelicans
8-Lakers
9-Warriors
10-Kings


Sacramento actually could still finish 6th
_________________
17 time World Champions
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 7060

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:02 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Sacramento is the key to whether lakers can move up. Ideally Sacramento beats pelicans and suns at home. Pelicans and suns are teams we’d win tiebreakers with. Potential to finish 8.


There's multiple scenarios we can still end up 8th...

Warriors losing 1 game
Kings losing 2 games
Pelicans losing out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 7060

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:03 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
The Suns win guarantees the Lakers will be in the play-in tournament.

https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/1778283378086969542


6th seed comes down between the Suns and Pelicans...

So Pelicans need to lose out and Kings need to drop 2 games.

7-Warriors
8-Lakers
9-Pelicans
10-Kings

OR

Pelicans beat Warriors... Kings drop 2 games.

7-Pelicans
8-Lakers
9-Warriors
10-Kings


Sacramento actually could still finish 6th


I don't see it happening with 2 tough games. But Kings are a team that can get hot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Apr 2012
Posts: 1985
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Only looking at scenarios to get the lakers into 7/8 game. Bottom line Lakers should want them to beat pelicans. Pelicans losing would set them up for another loss at GSW Friday. We could pass them Sunday by beating them. Kings beating Suns would set up Suns to finish 47-35 (at Minnesota Sunday). We own that tiebreaker too so we’d finish 8th.

Kings winning tomorrow and losing to Suns would mean we’d remain 9 at best. Kings aren’t losing to Portland. That would put Phoenix, Kings and GSW/Pelicans ahead of us at 6-8.

Don’t see another scenario barring a major upset by a tanking team.
_________________
17 time World Champions
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 22884
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:17 pm    Post subject:

This discussion is causing me a migraine... LOL! So are you guys saying, mathematically, the Lakers no longer can get 7?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 21592

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
This discussion is causing me a migraine... LOL! So are you guys saying, mathematically, the Lakers no longer can get 7?


If the Suns lose to the Wolves and Kings, and the Kings lose to the Pelicans and Trail Blazers, we can get to 7. Phoenix can’t lose 2 without the Kings winning one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 6457

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:49 pm    Post subject:

current best scenarios for Lakers

suns:
clippers W
kings W
wolves L

48-34

pels:
kings W
warriors W
lakers L

49-33

warriors:
blazers W
pels L
jazz W

46-36

kings:
pels L
suns L
blazers W

46-36

lakers:
grizz W
pels W

47-35


Pels #6
Suns #7
Lakers #8
Kings #9
Warriors #10



OR



suns:
clippers W
kings L
wolves L

47-35

pels:
kings L
warriors W
lakers L

48-34

warriors:
blazers W
pels L
jazz W

46-36

kings:
pels W
suns W
blazers W

48-34

lakers:
grizz W
pels W

47-35


Pels #6
Kings #7
Lakers #8
Suns/Warriors 9-10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 58424

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:16 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
This discussion is causing me a migraine... LOL! So are you guys saying, mathematically, the Lakers no longer can get 7?


If the Suns lose to the Wolves and Kings, and the Kings lose to the Pelicans and Trail Blazers, we can get to 7. Phoenix can’t lose 2 without the Kings winning one.

So 8 is likely where we end up if we win out. I can live with that. I think this team is good enough to win 1 of 2 play in games. Must win types. They will get in the playoffs.

At 9, it poses a threat where they have to win 2 to get in. I am confident they can win 9 vs 10, but then loser of 7 vs 8 vs us is a bit tough. 2 in a row in that scenario is tougher. Hopeful we can get 8.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 39713

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:20 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
This discussion is causing me a migraine... LOL! So are you guys saying, mathematically, the Lakers no longer can get 7?


If the Suns lose to the Wolves and Kings, and the Kings lose to the Pelicans and Trail Blazers, we can get to 7. Phoenix can’t lose 2 without the Kings winning one.

So 8 is likely where we end up if we win out. I can live with that. I think this team is good enough to win 1 of 2 play in games. Must win types. They will get in the playoffs.

At 9, it poses a threat where they have to win 2 to get in. I am confident they can win 9 vs 10, but then loser of 7 vs 8 vs us is a bit tough. 2 in a row in that scenario is tougher. Hopeful we can get 8.


You ready for that Denver-LA match up in the first round IF we make they playoffs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 8186

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:04 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
This discussion is causing me a migraine... LOL! So are you guys saying, mathematically, the Lakers no longer can get 7?


If the Suns lose to the Wolves and Kings, and the Kings lose to the Pelicans and Trail Blazers, we can get to 7. Phoenix can’t lose 2 without the Kings winning one.

So 8 is likely where we end up if we win out. I can live with that. I think this team is good enough to win 1 of 2 play in games. Must win types. They will get in the playoffs.

At 9, it poses a threat where they have to win 2 to get in. I am confident they can win 9 vs 10, but then loser of 7 vs 8 vs us is a bit tough. 2 in a row in that scenario is tougher. Hopeful we can get 8.


You ready for that Denver-LA match up in the first round IF we make they playoffs?


If that is where they end up, so be it.

Lakers are a who they are. No great matchups or “easy” path for them. I am skeptical they can win the two play-in games to even get into the playoffs.

I will root for them as long as they are still playing. But they are an inconsistent team. It would be a a stunner for them to make any type of run.

Going to be an incredible playoffs in the West though. Some great competitive matchups no matter how the seeding ends up. Going to be fun watching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 4611

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:39 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
defense wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
This discussion is causing me a migraine... LOL! So are you guys saying, mathematically, the Lakers no longer can get 7?


If the Suns lose to the Wolves and Kings, and the Kings lose to the Pelicans and Trail Blazers, we can get to 7. Phoenix can’t lose 2 without the Kings winning one.

So 8 is likely where we end up if we win out. I can live with that. I think this team is good enough to win 1 of 2 play in games. Must win types. They will get in the playoffs.

At 9, it poses a threat where they have to win 2 to get in. I am confident they can win 9 vs 10, but then loser of 7 vs 8 vs us is a bit tough. 2 in a row in that scenario is tougher. Hopeful we can get 8.


You ready for that Denver-LA match up in the first round IF we make they playoffs?


If that is where they end up, so be it.

Lakers are a who they are. No great matchups or “easy” path for them. I am skeptical they can win the two play-in games to even get into the playoffs.

I will root for them as long as they are still playing. But they are an inconsistent team. It would be a a stunner for them to make any type of run.

Going to be an incredible playoffs in the West though. Some great competitive matchups no matter how the seeding ends up. Going to be fun watching.


We have a different interpretation of the word “fun” in this circumstance. Nerve wrecking? Frustrating?
_________________
“When it looks as if it is a realistic possibility, I want to focus on winning a ship like it’s a goal that can’t be denied. I didn’t see that this off season.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 46951

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:54 am    Post subject:

All this discussions about the possibility of moving up to 8/7 seems like fan fantasy, there is a good chance the Lakers decide to shut down either AD or LeBron in the next 2 games, we have to start living with the reality that the Lakers will have to win 2 games in the play in to make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 7060

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:59 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
All this discussions about the possibility of moving up to 8/7 seems like fan fantasy, there is a good chance the Lakers decide to shut down either AD or LeBron in the next 2 games, we have to start living with the reality that the Lakers will have to win 2 games in the play in to make the playoffs


What you’re saying is as much of a fantasy also… I doubt the team shut it down with the possibility of getting 7th/8th.

We’ll know more by Friday night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 46951

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:05 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
All this discussions about the possibility of moving up to 8/7 seems like fan fantasy, there is a good chance the Lakers decide to shut down either AD or LeBron in the next 2 games, we have to start living with the reality that the Lakers will have to win 2 games in the play in to make the playoffs


What you’re saying is as much of a fantasy also… I doubt the team shut it down with the possibility of getting 7th/8th.

We’ll know more by Friday night.


I’m pretty certain that the Lakers prioritize LeBron and AD being as fresh and ready and healthy as possible to make a run then to see rather they can win the next 2 games and hope for other teams to lose, the Lakers haven’t had LeBron and AD play this long and healthy since they won the bubble, there greatness can still lead this team to a playoffs run.


Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 8186

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:05 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
defense wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
This discussion is causing me a migraine... LOL! So are you guys saying, mathematically, the Lakers no longer can get 7?


If the Suns lose to the Wolves and Kings, and the Kings lose to the Pelicans and Trail Blazers, we can get to 7. Phoenix can’t lose 2 without the Kings winning one.

So 8 is likely where we end up if we win out. I can live with that. I think this team is good enough to win 1 of 2 play in games. Must win types. They will get in the playoffs.

At 9, it poses a threat where they have to win 2 to get in. I am confident they can win 9 vs 10, but then loser of 7 vs 8 vs us is a bit tough. 2 in a row in that scenario is tougher. Hopeful we can get 8.


You ready for that Denver-LA match up in the first round IF we make they playoffs?


If that is where they end up, so be it.

Lakers are a who they are. No great matchups or “easy” path for them. I am skeptical they can win the two play-in games to even get into the playoffs.

I will root for them as long as they are still playing. But they are an inconsistent team. It would be a a stunner for them to make any type of run.

Going to be an incredible playoffs in the West though. Some great competitive matchups no matter how the seeding ends up. Going to be fun watching.


We have a different interpretation of the word “fun” in this circumstance. Nerve wrecking? Frustrating?


I understand and agree. Watching our Lakers can be a rollercoaster ride of emotions. This season especially!

I was referring to the fun of the playoffs overall. Going to be some great series throughout. Looking forward to seeing which team comes out of the West. East may have a couple interesting matchups but the West is packed with talented teams. Every series has the potential to be epic.

I love this time of year with both the NBA and NHL playoffs at the same time. Must see TV!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB