Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:11 pm    Post subject:

On some nights, you just have to take the win and be grateful for it
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:11 pm    Post subject:

What is going on with the league not allowing the Lakers to the free-throw line anymore anybody else noting this?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
yessirree
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:13 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
5 games over .500!!

Lebron 9 points away from 40k!!

AD 40, 15, 3 blocks only ELITE DEFENDER WE GOT

Good Win despite disrespecting the league’s worst team, the wizards. They are still Pro ballers.
Darvin too cool for school again no surprise lol

Need Vando and CWood back like yesterday

And he has to pick Cam, Max, or neither .., Cam got minutes vs the clippers and Max got 1 minute. Tonight Cam got 2 mins and Max got time. He is treating them like he did Wood and Hayes and that’s going to f them up. Either play one or play neither and give them time to Spencer
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:13 pm    Post subject:

bryants2hot2handle wrote:
OT win against the 9-49 wizards. LeBron def gonna get a banner up for this one

Your rock is getting cold, might want to climb back under it and keep warm.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
What is going on with the league not allowing the Lakers to the free-throw line anymore anybody else noting this?

Is it that or are we not driving into the lane the same way? I don't know the stats. Just asking.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:16 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
strong9 wrote:
Wow!!! Statement game!!!

The only statement we made is that we only bother to play hard when we're playing a good team.

Where's the killer instinct? We need to beat the living shht out of these crap teams.

Letting this wizards squad score 69 first half points and then 31 fourth quarter points……

They are still pros and of course they’re going to play desperate basketball to try and end that 13 game losing streak.

I’d like to put the blame on Darvin but that’s not the full story.
I gotta point the finger at our starters minus AD and DLO for not being sharp.

Like our squad still looked small against this wizards squad.
Bagley, Kuzma, Advija, Holmes
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:17 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Is it that or are we not driving into the lane the same way? I don't know the stats. Just asking.

Lebron got held on the hip and hit and got nothing. AD got slapped on a dunk late and nothing. They make it the way. Even Reaves got hit and spent his whole trip yelling at the ref. And there was the play Dlo stiff armed a guy on a break because he knew he wasn’t getting the call if the guy hit him. Rui also got knocked on his ass at the rim and got nothing but a play on

Also drives font equal free throws. Post ups do this year but not drives. The top free throw teams had AD, Embid, and Joker before Joel was hurt. They all post
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:24 pm    Post subject:

13-1 when Prince plays less than 25 minutes

Last edited by Lakesh0wtime on Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:

I'm always grateful to win! But it doesn't mean you have to be happy or impressed with how a win occurred.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:40 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I'm always grateful to win! But it doesn't mean you have to be happy or impressed with how a win occurred.

Just stack Ws when you're trying to climb the ladder.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:47 pm    Post subject:

LeBron’s unreal block and his crazy 3-point shot helped us get in position to win.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:03 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Your rock is getting cold, might want to climb back under it and keep warm.

Mods don’t browse to watch much these days so you have these kind of cockroaches trying to piss fans off, the ban hammer is gonna be delicious

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Easy w

It was
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:49 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
strong9 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Lebron got held on the hip and hit and got nothing. AD got slapped on a dunk late and nothing. They make it the way. Even Reaves got hit and spent his whole trip yelling at the ref. And there was the play Dlo stiff armed a guy on a break because he knew he wasn’t getting the call if the guy hit him. Rui also got knocked on his ass at the rim and got nothing but a play on

Also drives font equal free throws. Post ups do this year but not drives. The top free throw teams had AD, Embid, and Joker before Joel was hurt. They all post

If the refs called fouls every time a player complained that he was fouled, both teams would be shooting free throws all game long. Every player in the league has plays where fouls could have been called but we are reminded every game that the Lakers have the biggest free throw disparity in the league by a huge margin.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:00 am    Post subject:

How much credit for being over 5 games over .500 are we going to give Darvin? LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:43 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
How much credit for being over 5 games over .500 are we going to give Darvin? LINK

I give him credit for finding ways to win with Vando being unavailable. Our D in the game against the clippers in the 4th was a work of art -- very nice adjustments. It's very difficult to be competing on a high level with Gabe and Vando out -- these are 2 players I think Lakers had high hopes to play this season.

That said, and this is not Ham's fault, but the players seem to follow LeBron. The team matches his intensity and I think its hard for any coach to have to deal with that. Ham's biggest fault is his very odd rotations. I hope that issue is resolved and Prince is not playing extended minutes. Rui is the guy we need to stay healthy after the captains.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:59 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I give him credit for finding ways to win with Vando being unavailable. Our D in the game against the clippers in the 4th was a work of art -- very nice adjustments. It's very difficult to be competing on a high level with Gabe and Vando out -- these are 2 players I think Lakers had high hopes to play this season.

That said, and this is not Ham's fault, but the players seem to follow LeBron. The team matches his intensity and I think its hard for any coach to have to deal with that. Ham's biggest fault is his very odd rotations. I hope that issue is resolved and Prince is not playing extended minutes. Rui is the guy we need to stay healthy after the captains.

I've been critical of Darvin's lineups and rotations all season. When Rui starts he plays better. I'd also like to see CWood get more PT. He strikes me as a rhythm player who needs more time on the floor to get in rhythm. I call this team the Cardiac Kids. Every game is Prozac time. I don't think we'll win a ship but I wouldn't want to face them in the 1st round.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:05 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
27 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I've been critical of Darvin's lineups and rotations all season. When Rui starts he plays better. I'd also like to see CWood get more PT. He strikes me as a rhythm player who needs more time on the floor to get in rhythm. I call this team the Cardiac Kids. Every game is Prozac time. I don't think we'll win a ship but I wouldn't want to face them in the 1st round.

there is some crazy stat that when Prince plays less than 25 mins, Lakers don't lose. I dont think price should play more than 15 minutes a game.

I agree Wood should see more minutes too -- i was livid when he was getting DNP-CD's
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:01 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
27 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

there is some crazy stat that when Prince plays less than 25 mins, Lakers don't lose. I dont think price should play more than 15 minutes a game.

I agree Wood should see more minutes too -- i was livid when he was getting DNP-CD's

I would also play him less then 25 min. His stats are deceiving. 43.4FG 38.5 3PT He'll play lights out on occasion.

ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:

You must live a sad life

Dont feed the troll
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Working Smarter, Not Harder doesn't apply to Darvin!

I agree that Darvin doesn't deserve all the blame and the players including AD seem to follow Lebron's negligence whenever he plays uninspired ball.
I still blame Darvin whenever he experiments with his terrible small ball lineups that clearly puts us in a disadvantage.

During the clippers game when he tried Lebron at center instead of overextending Rui's minutes or even playing Jaxson Hayes, the clippers went on their run. Extending the lead to double digits right before halftime.
Thankfully Lebron's late game heroics got us out of that jam but maybe could have easily been avoided?

During the wizards game, Darvin went with the 4 guard lineup and AD. Spencer, Taurean, DLO, Cam and AD. That's basically only AD crashing the boards all alone against Bagley, Kuzma, Advijda/Holmes. Once again stupid small ball lineups that puts our front court at a major disadvantage.
dj1337
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:24 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
27 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I agree that Darvin doesn't deserve all the blame and the players including AD seem to follow Lebron's negligence whenever he plays uninspired ball.
I still blame Darvin whenever he experiments with his terrible small ball lineups that clearly puts us in a disadvantage.

During the clippers game when he tried Lebron at center instead of overextending Rui's minutes or even playing Jaxson Hayes, the clippers went on their run. Extending the lead to double digits right before halftime.
Thankfully Lebron's late game heroics got us out of that jam but maybe could have easily been avoided?

During the wizards game, Darvin went with the 4 guard lineup and AD. Spencer, Taurean, DLO, Cam and AD. That's basically only AD crashing the boards all alone against Bagley, Kuzma, Advijda/Holmes. Once again stupid small ball lineups that puts our front court at a major disadvantage.

taurean is not a guard hes a 3/4, he should never be played as a sg or called a guard, he cant guard fast guards but i agree its a small line.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:31 pm    Post subject:

dj1337 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
27 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

taurean is not a guard hes a 3/4, he should never be played as a sg or called a guard, he cant guard fast guards but i agree its a small line.

I’m clearly aware Taurean is a small forward but he plays like a guard. He has zero effect on rebounding and protecting the rim. When have you seen or expected TP to pull down 8-10 rebounds in a game? Do you feel he applies good rim protection?

Imagine being AD, who gives more help on the glass TP or Jaxson Hayes? Lebron is already our playmaker and at his age can’t expect him to crash the glass and bang with other bigs every possession.

I get it Vando and CWood out hurts us a lot but even when they get back I’m still not confident Darvin will utilize them correctly.

Sure AD is having an MVP and DPOY kind of year but we are at our best when he can roam freely and be on the help side of protecting the paint.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:34 am    Post subject:

Was hoping post all star we be on upward tick like the dubs but easily coulda been 1-4 so far. Why is our defense so easily figured out
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17
Jump to: