Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Do me a favor and watch the last few minutes and how much space they gave Cam, Murray was basically free safety. Would they give the same spacing to DLO? We were making the defensive job easier for them with Cam playing.

Even if this were the case, we would have had to run our offense to literal perfect to beat them. They didnt miss.

They were scoring off missed shots by us. Scoring in semi-transition vs a set defense if we had made shots.

Cam in for Dlo allowed them to double our stars and it allowed Murray to sit and chill on defense which gave him the legs to score at will on the other hand.

Not sure why you’re trying to hard to stand by your point on this.

Anyone with a brain knows Cam instead of Dlo was an idiotic move.

I actually dont think it’s idiotic at all and I usually never agree with Darvin. In fact I dont even agree with Darvin here as I would have put in D'Lo as well just to see the influence that D'Lo could make in crunch time vs this team. But Ham is seeing what I am seeing. The Lakers, almost assuredly, even with D'Lo won't be able to offensively outexecute the Nuggets for 4 games to beat them in a series. Their only hope is to see if there is any lineup that could somewhat stifle their offensive efficiency. He is tinkering to find that defensive lineup against specifically this team. Unfortunately, this game showed that Cam is not it.

They needed to win this game. Gtfo with tinkering.
Dlo was contributing to us winning this game until he was sat.

Stop flip flopping. You agree but don’t agree blah blah blah.

We needed to win THIS GAME. And THIS GAME Dlo was playing well and Cam was ineffective. That was already apparent in the first half.

Stop trying to bring some bs about a series. We’re the 10th seed we need to do what we need to do to win the game in front of us.

Then take the results of the last 7-8 times we faced the Nuggets. He is TRYING TO WIN THIS GAME (NOT THE PLAYOFFS BUT THIS GAME) by trying to find anything that could hamper the offensive efficiency of the Nuggets and he doesn't trust D'Lo's defense. You complaining about this is moot: even with D'Lo we most likely still lose since they didnt miss at all in crunch time whether its half court offense or in semi-transition off misses.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Please end the Klutch play-in merchants era.

It’s miserable getting clowned by the Denver McNuggets every single time.
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:38 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Do me a favor and watch the last few minutes and how much space they gave Cam, Murray was basically free safety. Would they give the same spacing to DLO? We were making the defensive job easier for them with Cam playing.

Even if this were the case, we would have had to run our offense to literal perfect to beat them. They didnt miss.

They were scoring off missed shots by us. Scoring in semi-transition vs a set defense if we had made shots.

Cam in for Dlo allowed them to double our stars and it allowed Murray to sit and chill on defense which gave him the legs to score at will on the other hand.

I actually dont think it’s idiotic at all and I usually never agree with Darvin. In fact I dont even agree with Darvin here as I would have put in D'Lo as well just to see the influence that D'Lo could make in crunch time vs this team. But Ham is seeing what I am seeing. The Lakers, almost assuredly, even with D'Lo won't be able to offensively outexecute the Nuggets for 4 games to beat them in a series. Their only hope is to see if there is any lineup that could somewhat stifle their offensive efficiency. He is tinkering to find that defensive lineup against specifically this team. Unfortunately, this game showed that Cam is not it.

We needed to win THIS GAME. And THIS GAME Dlo was playing well and Cam was ineffective. That was already apparent in the first half.

Stop trying to bring some bs about a series. We’re the 10th seed we need to do what we need to do to win the game in front of us.

Then take the results of the last 7-8 times we faced the Nuggets. He is TRYING TO WIN THIS GAME (NOT THE PLAYOFFS BUT THIS GAME) by trying to find anything that could hamper the offensive efficiency of the Nuggets and he doesn't trust D'Lo's defense. You complaining about this is moot: even with D'Lo we most likely still lose since they didnt miss at all in crunch time whether its half court offense or in semi-transition off misses.

And we missed quite a bit in crunch time. Having a better scoring lineup gives you a better chance to at least score with them. Given how many posts have been made on this topic, I think it's safe to say we have differing views on what the best approach should have been.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:39 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Your points are all over the place. even though we lost Ham must he in a good mood due to all the slurping you did for him tonight.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:39 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Reddish has no lift on his contests, and no explosiveness on his cuts.

He is NOT ready for NBA Speed.
yeah it's going to take a couple of games. It's to be expected im not mad at him for that.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:40 pm    Post subject:

https://x.com/danwoikesports/status/1764148054490497094?s=46&t=VJNAyA603EB9oePT0uUvuw
Quote:
Against the Lakers this season, Denver is scoring 153.1 points per 100 possession in the fourth. Net rating is plus-25.7

I am 100% sure they don’t do this against other teams, maybe it’s time for Ham to actually watch how other teams defend Denver. (No, it is not bulky centers)
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Just too good....man. While im 95%+ sure they would beat the Lakers, Im still 75%+ sure they will beat the Celtics as well this year. This team has all the looks of a back to back champ. The three-peat will be hard though. Celtics will be very dangerous next year for the Nuggets.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:44 pm    Post subject:

thank god AD hit that miracle shot in the bubble against them.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

We were clearly better than them in the bubble, not even a debate. Jokic is no where near the player he is now.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:45 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

We were ahead by 3pts with 4:45 remaining and I was clamoring for Dlo!

IT'S CRUNCH TIME FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:47 pm    Post subject:

We have no plays in crunch time^
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:47 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

We were clearly better than them in the bubble, not even a debate. Jokic is no where near the player he is now.

didnt say we werent. Just acknowledging that this team has been on our tail. They have zero respect for us and play like it until its time to win.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

didnt say we werent. Just acknowledging that this team has been on our tail. They have zero respect for us and play like it until it’s time to win.

When Malone look at the other sideline and see Ham, why would they respect us?
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

didnt say we werent. Just acknowledging that this team has been on our tail. They have zero respect for us and play like it until its time to win.

Cant even compare to that bubble Nuggets team. Jokic is not only markedly better but lets also remember they replaced two starters that were both absolutely useless liabilities in the Lakers series: Millsap and Gary Harris with Aaron Gordon and KCP.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:50 pm    Post subject:

We STILL can't figure out this team. What's our chances really of getting past the west?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
We STILL can't figure out this team. What's our chances really of getting past the west?

Jokic cant be figured out. they only lose games when they are uninterested and even then they win most.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
We have no plays in crunch time^

This is actually a good point. It just feels like when the games are close in crunch time, the Nuggets will always outexecute us because they actually run something and get good shots whereas we sometimes do and sometimes we dont that leads to an AD mid range or Bron wasting the clock. Hence we need something on defense to beat them and we cant.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:53 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Cant even compare to that bubble Nuggets team. Jokic is not only markedly better but lets also remember they replaced two starters that were both absolutely useless liabilities in the Lakers series: Millsap and Gary Harris with Aaron Gordon and KCP.

In Gollum voice *they stole it from us!*
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Hammett wrote:

Jokic cant be figured out. they only lose games when they are uninterested and even then they win most.

Ok, let’s figure out MPJ/KCp/holiday then
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Garbage take from another inner city garbage westbrick guy
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Speaking of players that should be out of the rotation, does anyone remember the last time Taurean Prince had a good game?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Denver went 7 for 8 to close out the game when we had a 110-108 lead.

Thats just crazy execution.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Lakers could play Nuggets 100 games and I would be surprised if they got 10 wins… pretty evenly matched but just no answer for Murray + Joker down the stretch…. Sad but true…
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:17 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Well I guess I got fooled because the Lakers were dominating most of the game and it turned out just like the last 7-8 games or whatever it is now.

you weren't fooled. Ham refused to play the dominating lineup in the 4th, opting to play Reddish over DLo for the majority of it despite Murray cooking Reddish every time down and Reddish not being an offensive threat AND not being 100%.

It's on coaching at this point. Ham is holding this team back ESPECIALLY in big games like this because he is the ONLY COACH IN THE LEAGUE that will play Reddish at 50% more minutes than a DLO that's having a good game in the 4th quarter when the stats show we've won 95% of our games when DLO plays more in the 4th including closing.

Ham throwing in DLO in at the last 90 seconds shows how dumb Ham is and how stupid his decision making and coaching has been.

It took till the FINAL 90 SECONDS of watching Murray go off for Ham to go "Oh Gee..maybe DLO should be in there..."

The REAL reason we lost is the Nuggets decided to score and take us seriously in the last few minutes of the game and whenever they do that, they dont seem to miss. D'Lo hardly changes that equation.

Since you keep going to this same old refrain that they score at will on us, what makes more sense? Playing defensive players that don't give us much offensively, even when the defensive guys aren't having an impact (since the Nuggets are scoring anyway)? Or putting in your scorers to at least give you a chance to outscore them? Oh wait, there is a 3rd option with you. We will just lose anyway, so why should the coach even try to make good decisions.

Pay attention to what I am saying: this is why I said D'Lo may get us 1 or 2 wins at the most against the Nuggets in the playoffs because I already realized that there is a scenario where D'Lo's hot shooting and offensive efficiency may be enough to get us a those 1 or 2 wins. Im already looking at the big picture. Those wins would be fluke wins because ultimately we are not winning the series.

You still trying to relate this to playoofs...Come into the RIGHT NOW for just one minute pleae. Right here..right now ..the present everyone can see why HAm keeps losing and jyou still talk about last year..like really? Can i get a reservation in your head too? Your coach continues to show to everyone that he cant do proper adjustments down the stretch. Obvious mismanagement or bad coacching each time the game is on the line. Its not going to stop.

Lakers keep it close, and then lose the game. DLO sitting on the bench during the fourth quarter.

How come Bron and AD are not asking Ham to put DLO back in the game.

There’s a reason coaches sit players.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:20 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Well I guess I got fooled because the Lakers were dominating most of the game and it turned out just like the last 7-8 games or whatever it is now.

you weren't fooled. Ham refused to play the dominating lineup in the 4th, opting to play Reddish over DLo for the majority of it despite Murray cooking Reddish every time down and Reddish not being an offensive threat AND not being 100%.

It's on coaching at this point. Ham is holding this team back ESPECIALLY in big games like this because he is the ONLY COACH IN THE LEAGUE that will play Reddish at 50% more minutes than a DLO that's having a good game in the 4th quarter when the stats show we've won 95% of our games when DLO plays more in the 4th including closing.

Ham throwing in DLO in at the last 90 seconds shows how dumb Ham is and how stupid his decision making and coaching has been.

It took till the FINAL 90 SECONDS of watching Murray go off for Ham to go "Oh Gee..maybe DLO should be in there..."

The REAL reason we lost is the Nuggets decided to score and take us seriously in the last few minutes of the game and whenever they do that, they dont seem to miss. D'Lo hardly changes that equation.

Since you keep going to this same old refrain that they score at will on us, what makes more sense? Playing defensive players that don't give us much offensively, even when the defensive guys aren't having an impact (since the Nuggets are scoring anyway)? Or putting in your scorers to at least give you a chance to outscore them? Oh wait, there is a 3rd option with you. We will just lose anyway, so why should the coach even try to make good decisions.

Pay attention to what I am saying: this is why I said D'Lo may get us 1 or 2 wins at the most against the Nuggets in the playoffs because I already realized that there is a scenario where D'Lo's hot shooting and offensive efficiency may be enough to get us a those 1 or 2 wins. Im already looking at the big picture. Those wins would be fluke wins because ultimately we are not winning the series.

You still trying to relate this to playoofs...Come into the RIGHT NOW for just one minute pleae. Right here..right now ..the present everyone can see why HAm keeps losing and jyou still talk about last year..like really? Can i get a reservation in your head too? Your coach continues to show to everyone that he cant do proper adjustments down the stretch. Obvious mismanagement or bad coacching each time the game is on the line. Its not going to stop.

Lakers keep it close, and then lose the game. DLO sitting on the bench during the fourth quarter.

How come Bron and AD are not asking Ham to put DLO back in the game.

There’s a reason coaches sit players.

There was no reason whatsoever to sit DLo and play Reddish instead. None.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22
Jump to: