Rob Pelinka needs to be fired
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:08 am    Post subject: Rob Pelinka needs to be fired

I dont get how Jeanie keeps this guy.

I'll give him the 19-20 team that won the chip, but the guy breaks the team apart, puts a wheelchair team together only to get run out by phoenix. Then we miss the playoffs 2 years only to go to the west conference finals, then keeps a team that has 0 consistency.

Bob Myers is available.

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:10 am    Post subject:

I am on my way to El Segundo now to talk to Jeanie about it.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:30 am    Post subject:

He deserves to be fired. Just understand that whoever takes his place will likely be another Jeanie associate or someone that talks a good game. If it’s not simply Kurt Rambis running things it’ll be Kurt Rambis making the pick.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:49 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
He deserves to be fired. Just understand that whoever takes his place will likely be another Jeanie associate or someone that talks a good game. If it’s not simply Kurt Rambis running things it’ll be Kurt Rambis making the pick.

the younger buss kids need to overthrow Jeanie just like what she did with Jim/Mitch

till then accept the same Rob Pelinka and bottom of barrel coaches
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:20 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I am on my way to El Segundo now to talk to Jeanie about it.

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:23 am    Post subject:

Jeanie said nah...
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Rob Pelinka needs to be fired

DrWolf wrote:

I'll give him the 19-20 team that won the chip, but the guy breaks the team apart, puts a wheelchair team together only to get run out by phoenix. Then we miss the playoffs 2 years only to go to the west conference finals, then keeps a team that has 0 consistency.

Bob Myers is available.

What people were you thinking you were gettting with over 40 million WB on the team? What extra capspace you thought you had?

Then you got to deal with Klutch infesting into your FO and got the ear of the IDIOT owner and THATS WHERE STUFF FELL APART WITH TREZ TASH! We got rid of our 2 main centers for SMALL BALL TREZ KLUTCH CLIENT TRASH..I REPEAT TRASHHH!

We were getting derozin and even Kuz thought he was going to sac..on the plane heading there but here come TRASH KLUTCH strikes again!.."bu but but but Rob didnt have to do it" blah blah..save it! It was Klutch and LBJ wanted it and if Rob would have veto'd it he would be going against Klutch and the IDIOT OWNER and next getting FIRED.

so lets go into last offseason.....
The only thing i blame him for is the Gabe for Shro as HAM HOCK HEAD DID want Shro and i also blame him for really not getting a REAL CENTER...

However the rest of this? Did Rob tell Ham to play Prince all those minutes?
Did Rob tell Ham to put Prince on KD or play PF?
Did Rob tell Ham to keep putting in Dumb 3 guard lineups?
Did Rob tell Ham to do those stupid Cam/Vando/Prince lineups to start?
Did Rob tell all the teams to up their bids on players that really not worth the asking price? Did Rob create the Lakers tax?
Did Rob not tell Ham to call timeouts?
Did rob tell Vando to get hurt?
Did Rob tell Gab to get Hurt?
Did Rob tell Ham not to play Max and Rui More?
Did Rob tell Ham to play cam into the ground?

PLEASE tell me where he done that stuff?

Last edited by JustaObserver on Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:28 am    Post subject:

The only problem with Rob is he isn't that liked around the league. In order to make trades to work in your favor, you need relationships.

He is pretty stellar in free agency/buyout.

From that standpoint, he isn't fit to be the GM. If she wants to keep him as the president, that is up to her.

I honestly think that the FO needs a revamping, because it is built like a mom and pop shop, not the most qualified.

And Rob doesn't really have any power.

Even if Magic said he was a snake, Magic also said that he couldn't do his job due to other chains in the organization.

So, we are left with people in charge that has no power, And Jeanie isn't a good leader, in my opinion.

I would like to see Joey and Jesse have more power, if the franchise is going to stay in the family.

Maybe they need to have an immediate vote.

Last edited by Outspoken on Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:32 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
The only problem with Rob is he isn't that liked around the league. In order to make trades to work in your favor, you need relationships.

From that standpoint, he isn't fit to be the GM. If she wants to keep him as the president, that is up to her.

I honestly think that the FO needs a revamping, because it is built like a mom and pop shop, not the most qualified.

Even if Magic said he was a snake, Magic also said that he couldn't do his job due to other chains in the organization.

So, we are left with people in charge that has no power, And Jeanie isn't a good leader, in my opinion.

I would like to see Joey and Jesse have more power, if the franchise is going to stay in the family.

Yeah I wish we had kept Dennis instead of getting Gabe but most of our problems are not Rob's fault. He's put together good rosters, the only thing I would genuinely put a ton of blame on is IF he has the power to fire Ham and hasn't.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:32 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
ocho wrote:

the younger buss kids need to overthrow Jeanie just like what she did with Jim/Mitch

Jesse Buss is the Assistant GM. He’s part of the problem.

Last edited by zambia on Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Rob Pelinka needs to be fired

JustaObserver wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

Bob Myers is available.

The only thing i blame him for is the Gabe for Shro as HAM HOCK HEAD DID want Shro and i also blame him for really not getting a REAL CENTER...

Did Rob tell all the teams to up their bids on players that really not worth the asking price? Did Rob create the Lakers tax?

Rob hired Ham.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:36 am    Post subject:

We need a vision. He’s blind to the reality of our team.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

Day wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Yeah I wish we had kept Dennis instead of getting Gabe but most of our problems are not Rob's fault. He's put together good rosters, the only thing I would genuinely put a ton of blame on is IF he has the power to fire Ham and hasn't.

That part of what I was referring to because remember when Magic said that he couldn't fire Luke when he wanted to.

There were a chain of command he had to go through. I think Tim Harris be one of them.

This is an organization with too many chiefs, and to be honest, I don't know who to blame for that.

I feel a good amount falls on Jeanie for running the franchise like a mom and pop shop and not hiring the most qualified.

Last edited by Outspoken on Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

Outspoken wrote:

It’s time to face the fact that this is the post-Dr. Buss Lakers.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Rob Pelinka needs to be fired

venturalakersfan wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

Bob Myers is available.

Rob hired Ham.

A Klutch Trash Client..Dont hire Klutch and see how fast you get fired.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:40 am    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
ocho wrote:

Jesse Buss is the Assistant GM. He’s part of the problem.

No your Cousin is the main problem. Why cant you talk to him and tell him to learn about timeouts and why he keep putting in Prince to play these stupid roles as guarding the best player or playing PF? like really? Cant you talk to him to step down?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:41 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

It’s time to face the fact that this is the post-Dr. Buss Lakers.

Might have to.

I still would love to see what Jesse and Joey does with this Laker franchise, if it is to remain in the family.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:42 am    Post subject:

Hey, did the crowd really tell Jeanie to Fire Ham?
Doubt she heard it or cared.
Wish she would sell the team. She is a nimrod owner who surrounds herself with nepotism.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Rob Pelinka needs to be fired

JustaObserver wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

Bob Myers is available.

What people were you thinking you were gettting with over 40 million WB on the team? What extra capspace you thought you had?

Then you got to deal with Klutch infesting into your FO and got the ear of the IDIOT owner and THATS WHERE STUFF FELL APART WITH TREZ TASH! We got rid of our 2 main centers for SMALL BALL TREZ KLUTCH CLIENT TRASH..I REPEAT TRASHHH!

We were getting derozin and even Kuz thought he was going to sac..on the plane heading there but here come TRASH KLUTCH strikes again!.."bu but but but Rob didnt have to do it" blah blah..save it! It was Klutch and LBJ wanted it and if Rob would have veto'd it he would be going against Klutch and the IDIOT OWNER and next getting FIRED.

so lets go into last offseason.....

Sounds like some Dr. Seuss BS.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Rob Pelinka needs to be fired

JustaObserver wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

Bob Myers is available.

Rob hired Ham.

A Klutch Trash Client..Dont hire Klutch and see how fast you get fired.

Darvin Ham isn't Klutch.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:54 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Wish she would sell the team. She is a nimrod owner who surrounds herself with nepotism.

Yes, they have said it a couple of games, at Crypto that I know of.

She won't care, until there is a lack of attendance and it hurts their pockets.

Or Lebron says fire him.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:59 am    Post subject:

I think we will eventually see the "Pelinka era" in the next couple of years if LeBron doesn't sniff the finals when he finally retires. I think he is here only for as long as LeBron is here.

After that, we'll be looking for a new GM.

Hopefully somebody with a fresh look on things?

I am not a hater, but dismantling the 2020 team like they did was a travesty.

Bye.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:02 am    Post subject:

gumby wrote:
I think we will eventually see the "Pelinka era" in the next couple of years if LeBron doesn't sniff the finals when he finally retires. I think he is here only for as long as LeBron is here.

After that, we'll be looking for a new GM.

Hopefully somebody with a fresh look on things?

Bye.

I dont know how good Bob myers is but maybe since hes working with magic for the commanders he may be our next guy.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:29 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Yaa the owner of the clippers has 20 championships. Get a life such a stupid comment. Jennie did more for Los Angeles and the team than anyone else. For god sake she fired her brother.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:44 am    Post subject:

The Lakers have no salary cap for a GM. I wish we could throw everything at Sam Presti.

But as someone said, it would probably be another Laker ties person. Heck Jeanie will probably try for Phil Jackson again.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8
Jump to: