Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:45 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:
European centers own AD for some reason. Skilled big guys give him trouble I guess.

Sabonis was born here, and he does not own AD...AD is playing bad.
AD>Sabonis 1,000 times out of 1,000

He is 0-9 against Sabonis.

Look up his career numbers Vs Sabonis. I won't do the work for you .
I'm right, and you're wrong.

I'm talking about W-L. What are those numbers? Won't do the work for you but you're wrong.

Get a new bit Keyboard tough guy, repeating me like a Parrot is lazy and dumb...I'm talking about personal numbers, are you too dense to understand that?!?

Considering I made the initial comment doesn't it stand to reason that what I am talking about is the topic at hand? You want to debate his stats go talk to someone else. I was talking about his record against Sabonis.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:47 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:
European centers own AD for some reason. Skilled big guys give him trouble I guess.

I'm talking about W-L. What are those numbers? Won't do the work for you but you're wrong.

Get a new bit Keyboard tough guy, repeating me like a Parrot is lazy and dumb...I'm talking about personal numbers, are you too dense to understand that?!?

Considering I made the initial comment doesn't it stand to reason that what I am talking about is the topic at hand? You want to debate his stats go talk to someone else. I was talking about his record against Sabonis.

Anthony Davis has averaged 23.2 points, 10.9 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 9 games versus Domantas Sabonis in his career.

Domantas Sabonis has averaged 13.3 points, 10.6 rebounds and 4.5 assists in 10 games versus Anthony Davis in his career.

Clearly something else must be at work than simply AD vs Sabonis
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:

Anthony Davis has averaged 23.2 points, 10.9 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 9 games versus Domantas Sabonis in his career.

Domantas Sabonis has averaged 13.3 points, 10.6 rebounds and 4.5 assists in 10 games versus Anthony Davis in his career.

Hmmm, so strange...It's almost Like Sabonis has had the benefit of things beyond his own abilities.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:

That is not an accurate picture. AD schooled him when Sabonis was a rook, not surprising. That skews the numbers. Look at the numbers since Sabonis was a Pacer and on to the Kings. Most importantly, look at FG pct. What's are ADs career numbers and what are they against Sabonis, and vice versa. It is stark.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:04 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Theseus wrote:
strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:

Hmmm, so strange...It's almost Like Sabonis has had the benefit of things beyond his own abilities.

That 0-10 stat is definitely jaded an AD has been our MVP this season without a doubt. Still no reason to not give Domantas his props.

He’s truly an undersized center who doesn’t go outside his lane. Solid all around and yes he got robbed alongside his buddy D Fox for the All Star game this season.

With all that said Sabonis has had his way this season versus AD, NIKOLA JOKIC, and EMBIID LOL
No other Elite big can say that this season.

Domantas has been taken for granted by numerous teams as he’s been traded for Paul George and then Tyrese Halliburton.
No surprise to why he always plays with a chip on his shoulder.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Lakers did not lose because of the “head to head” matchup of Davis and Sabonis. Both played well and if anything cancelled each other out.

Even Fox had a fairly average game considering the past few big games he has put up.

Game was lost by Russell and James going 3 for 12 from 3pt, lazy TOs and an inability to stop Forwards Barnes and Murrey from shooting 22 3pts at over 55% combined. Defense matters!

So season sweep by Kings. Add them to the list of teams the Lakers should avoid if they get to the playoffs.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:15 pm    Post subject:

lol at us being favored by 2.5 this game
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Lakers did not lose because of the “head to head” matchup of Davis and Sabonis. Both played well and if anything cancelled each other out.

Even Fox had a fairly average game considering the past few big games he has put up.

Game was lost by Russell and James going 3 for 12 from 3pt, lazy TOs and an inability to stop Forwards Barnes and Murrey from shooting 22 3pts at over 55% combined. Defense matters!

So season sweep by Kings. Add them to the list of teams the Lakers should avoid if they get to the playoffs.
exactly. AD has to be responsible for so much. Nba players can be the man in front of him but very few can beat the help.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:17 pm    Post subject:

We need to play christie. Dinwiddie is a vet and I understand give him somewhat of a leash. But not this much. He has been ridiculously bad.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:19 pm    Post subject:

So that’s 2 Western Conference teams who will sweep the Lakers in the playoffs…

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:24 pm    Post subject:

I really didn't want to bring up Darvin tonight as it's not his fault Lebron and DLO stunk up the joint.
Just wanted to add he did get out coached to no surprise by Mike Brown who will forever hold his Lakers grudge.

Every time the Lakers would go on some type of momentum shifting run cutting the lead to 8 or 9 Brown would immediately call a timeout and have his Kings come out of it with a 6-0,7-0,or 8-0 run. Ridiculous! LOL
He clearly has that team clicking on all cyclinders.

If the stars somehow align down the road and we meet these kings in the postseason, I'm hoping we got a healthy roster. VANDO most importantly.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
strong9 wrote:

Wait, AD played 9 games vs. Sabonis but Sabonis played 10 games vs. AD? Math isn’t your friend.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:25 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

I really didn't want to bring up Darvin tonight as it's not his fault Lebron and DLO stunk up the joint.
Just wanted to add he did get out coached to no surprise by Mike Brown who will forever hold his Lakers grudge.

Every time the Lakers would go on some type of momentum shifting run cutting the lead to 8 or 9 Brown would immediately call a timeout and have his Kings come out of it with a 6-0,7-0,or 8-0 run. Ridiculous! LOL
He clearly has that team clicking on all cyclinders.

If the stars somehow align down the road and we meet these kings in the postseason, I'm hoping we got a healthy roster. VANDO most importantly.
Anthony Davis vs Domantas Sabonis
Games Won: AD = 0, Sabonis = 10
Rebounds: AD = 10.8, Sabonis = 10.6
Assists: AD = 2.3, Sabonis = 4.5
Steals: AD = 2, Sabonis = 3
Blocks: AD = 4, Sabonis = 1
FG %: AD = 46.2%, Sabonis = 60.8%
3Pt%: AD = 35.7%, Sabonis = 40%
Lithuanian big man has significant leads in field goal percentage (60.8% to 46.2%), three-point percentage (40% to 35.7%)

Note:
AD is supposed to be Da Man of the Laers, Sabonis has Fox as Da Man for the Kings
If one does a Deep Dive into the stats, one will notice a big difference once it became a Kings vs Lakers/Sabonis vs AD

https://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/anthony_davis_vs_domantas_sabonis.htm
https://basketnews.com/news-203199-kings-repeat-history-against-lakers-davis-loses-to-sabonis-again.html
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:10 am    Post subject:

I agree that we did not lose because of the head to head matchup, but saying AD and Sabonis canceled each other out is not true (Sabonis had a better game). LJ cost us the game when he set the tone in the beginning of the 2nd half with a few TO's, an airball, and zero D. I was pissed that Ham did not bench him (he was that bad).
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:47 am    Post subject:

Just another night at the office for the play-in merchant stars.

Window is completely shut on the Klutch celebrities. Sure they can win a game, but it’s damn clear they have no chance of winning multiple playoff series.

The sooner we move on, the better.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:16 pm    Post subject:

its very frustrating we cant beat the kings.

The west runs through Denver and I can stomach if we can't beat them, i guess. However, an inability to beat the kings is unacceptable. Even in a must win game where we should be playing more desperate than them, we come out flat. pathetic.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:24 pm    Post subject:

The Kings have Fox, which exploits the Lakers weakness. They also have a skilled big in Sabonis. So they're similar to Denver in those two positions. These two teams just own the Lakers and Ham is too dumb to figure out how to counter them.

At least we "contained" Fox in this game but then we still lost by DD. Back to the drawing board for Ham.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:07 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Cam Reddish out again with an ankle injury

https://x.com/danwoikesports/status/1767694801175245124?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

AD - Probable
LBJ - Questionable
Cam, Colin, Gabe, Jarred - Out
JHS - South Bay
Ham constantly bringing Cam back too early and playing him big minutes (when EVERYBODY ELSE that has come back off any kind of injury was brought along slow by him or on a minutes restriction), has kept Cam hurt and sabotaged his year.
with the many players unable to play and (HOPEFULLY) Ham’s recognition that Cam is far better than Prince (our Triple Threat player that doesn’t provide any Defense, Offense and Rebounds) and the importance of the games . . . .

If Vanderbilt, CWood and Vincent were available PLUS a 39+ years old LBJ’s need to not play heavy minutes on defense - Ham has very few options
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:48 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Just another night at the office for the play-in merchant stars.

Window is completely shut on the Klutch celebrities. Sure they can win a game, but it’s damn clear they have no chance of winning multiple playoff series.

The sooner we move on, the better.

I'm well and truly tired of this team. No real competitiveness, huge entitlement and all for mediocre results. The whole flip the switch schtick is so tiresome, what has AD even accomplished for him to be so satisfied with making such lukewarm use of his all time level talent.

Just an unlikeable team in general, sooner we move past this era the better.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:01 pm    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:

Los Angeles Lakers @ Golden State Warriors
    Crypto Arena | Los Angeles, CA | Saturday Mar. 16, 2024 • 5:30 pm PT

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15
Jump to: