2024 Laker Draft Thread - Picks 17 and 55
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:01 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
2019 wrote:
If we're going C, Ware > Edey, IMO.

Far less concerns about how he can be used even if more questions about body of work.

Eddy doesn’t need to get much better to be really good in the league. We are seeing interior defense mean something and he provides that imho. Not my first choice but not a bad choice.

Are you seeing Minnesota destroy Jokic on the perimeter?
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:14 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Halflife wrote:
2019 wrote:

Far less concerns about how he can be used even if more questions about body of work.

Eddy doesn’t need to get much better to be really good in the league. We are seeing interior defense mean something and he provides that imho. Not my first choice but not a bad choice.

Why do we need to repeat some other team? You know what seperated us from other teams in 2020..We had two big men while everynoe was tryiong tp emulate GSW. It king of was shaky in reg season but when those playoffs started..even its was bubble with alot of things going around...it was still obvious that noone could really touch us..why? thry had no answe for our bigs. Minm also has two bigs and crushing it. Why need 3 stars like Phx? how is that going for them now? Why do small ball? Where is GSW? AD can play the perimeter...but Edey on the floor too and you got a sniper? its over
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:38 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Halflife wrote:
2019 wrote:

Why do we need to repeat some other team? You know what seperated us from other teams in 2020..We had two big men while everynoe was tryiong tp emulate GSW. It king of was shaky in reg season but when those playoffs started..even its was bubble with alot of things going around...it was still obvious that noone could really touch us..why? thry had no answe for our bigs. Minm also has two bigs and crushing it. Why need 3 stars like Phx? how is that going for them now? Why do small ball? Where is GSW? AD can play the perimeter...but Edey on the floor too and you got a sniper? its over

AD also had 1) greater athleticism, and 2) greater ability to stretch the floor in 2020, which is why he worked at PF. Now, you’d really need to make sure to put a shooting big next to him. That ain’t Edey
#18 next...
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:59 am    Post subject:

I feel like quality of online scouting reports have fallen off this year but here’s a good read on most prospects in case anyone wants to read about someone besides Zach Edey.

LINK
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:05 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Halflife wrote:
2019 wrote:

AD also had 1) greater athleticism, and 2) greater ability to stretch the floor in 2020, which is why he worked at PF. Now, you’d really need to make sure to put a shooting big next to him. That ain’t Edey

Exactly. The success of Minnesota and the Lakers before them was because their bigs are/were athletic and mobile. Offensively the Lakers bigs had more of a vertical spacing threat, Minnesota has two floor spacing bigs, but neither team had bigs who couldn’t move laterally.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:38 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Halflife wrote:
2019 wrote:

They are destroying the perimeter.
Again he’s not my first choice but edy can play day one and offer AD some support. Hope vandy is healthy, dump dlo for another perimeter 3d guy. Now we can get out of 1st round.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:09 am    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Halflife wrote:
2019 wrote:

Exactly. The success of Minnesota and the Lakers before them was because their bigs are/were athletic and mobile. Offensively the Lakers bigs had more of a vertical spacing threat, Minnesota has two floor spacing bigs, but neither team had bigs who couldn’t move laterally.

It wasnt his AD barrage..It was DH bodying Jokic. If that what you said was so true..Mcgee would have continued to start.

Also can you imagine a pick and roll with LBJ and Edey or AD and Edey or let Edey post up and he finds the 3-d man? Hulk Hogan Voice.."Whatcha going to do brotha?! Whatcha going to do when that pick and roll or post runs wild on you?!!"
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 10:13 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Halflife wrote:
2019 wrote:

Does Jokic have AD to cover for him?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Kel'el Ware is fine at the position as well, I would prefer Edey as he's the better player and more ready to contribute. But Ware has talent for sure and could do well.

You can see some of his best aspects here.

Ware's problem is mentality, he and Rui Hachimura have a lot in common in the sense that they have a tendency to not be engaged or not give effort through stretches of games. And as a center.. that's not a good trait to have. It's why his value is where it's at.

For Ware you're hoping you get a Jaxson Hayes that can shoot threes kind of player. Or a bigger Christian Wood that plays defense. Or Myles Turner, which is his upside imho.

However due to his mental lapses and hustle or lack thereof and stretches of games where he isn't really engaged or giving effort, you would worry that his downside would be a Willie Cauley-Stein type. Someone whom had all the physical gifts and talent but not the mentality or work ethic to put it all together.

So that's the gamble you take with Ware.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Give me Edey, Ware, or Flipowski. I just want a (bleep) Center please!
- sign and trade DLO to not lose value
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot

Call it an offseason
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

My top 3 would be

1) Edey
2) Filpowski
3) Ware
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 10:59 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:

My top 3 would be

1) Edey
2) Filpowski
3) Ware

Yves Missi should be on that list and I think both he and Ware are above Filiposki, IMO.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 11:00 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:

My top 3 would be

1) Edey
2) Filpowski
3) Ware

We think alike on that front.

I'm just tired of the uninspiring guards we keep drafting. And constantly being left with a huge hole at Center.

I also especially want to root for a homegrown Center on this team. IA that so hard to ask?

Call it an offseason
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 6:55 am    Post subject:

What about Castleton?
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 7:08 am    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:
What about Castleton?

You mean the guy that was going to play big minutes next to AD this year? /s
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 7:46 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Halflife wrote:
2019 wrote:

Does Jokic have AD to cover for him?

So another guy AD has to cover for. And how does that work on offense with 2 guys camped in the paint?
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 8:12 am    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
I would draft Kel'el Ware, 7 foot with a 7'7" wing span, fluid athlete that can run the floor, jump, and shoot 3s. Looks comfortable with the ball facing up and in the post. Just turned 20.

2nd choice is Isaiah Collier. A guy that is young and athletic. Can create for himself and get to the basket. Can't shoot yet.

This guy please
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 8:14 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Even where the Lakers could be drafting you go best player available. I’m not sure I trust them to find the BPA.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 9:27 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
What about Castleton?

You mean the guy that was going to play big minutes next to AD this year? /s

Yes......is it possible he continues to develop into a center that can be used to at least give 6 fouls on Jokic? Wear him out a little.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 7:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Even where the Lakers could be drafting you go best player available. I’m not sure I trust them to find the BPA.

Good thing at 17, they are.

Call it an offseason
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Good thing at 17, they are.

like they did last year? lol
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 7:43 am    Post subject:

I like Edey quite a bit. He's huge, has soft hands, and a good touch. Super productive big man from a major conference and those types don't tend to bust. Even if he ends up as a Hartenstein type I think he contributes right away on this team. Last year they should've taken the productive college player in Jaquez so hopefully they learned their lesson.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 11:01 am    Post subject:

Every few days I come on here, hoping for some insight that isn't just : "Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey"
But alas, it seems this thread should just be renamed the "Zach Edey fan thread"

JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 2:15 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Every few days I come on here, hoping for some insight that isn't just : "Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey Edey"
But alas, it seems this thread should just be renamed the "Zach Edey fan thread"

Man all you got to do is look back in this thread and there are videos of other players. However we NEEED a CENTER so everyone is looking at that positoin. HOWEVER our org is a bunch of IDIOTS and would like to trade it for some all star so we can be just like PHX..ummm how are they doing again? How does their future look with that IDIOT 3 ALLSTAR lineup?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 2:22 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:

Sounds good to me.

Give me Edey please.

Call it an offseason
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 9 of 17
Jump to: