2024 Laker Draft Thread - Picks 17 and 55
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:59 pm    Post subject:

hope this guy is available late 2nd
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Draft Zach Edey.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
MJST wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
#17/gabe for Mitchell Robinson

Mitchell Robinson is who we should have drafted over Moritz Wagner.

And Moritz Wagner is a draft pick we SHOULD have held onto after picking him over Mitchell because HE has a solid role in the league too.

Wagner, Zubac, drafting Robinson. There's so may centers the Lakers could have next to AD right now that they just let go of. None hurting more currently than Zubac. Whom Magic trade away for Mike Muscala.... And then Magic bolted 3 months later.

If we get swept again I think the guy that gets booted should be Rob the snake pelinka

But we know he won’t cause Jeanie is incompetent

...yawn
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:48 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Draft Zach Edey.

Would be thrilled to see Edey drafted. Or a center in general, Clingan or Ware?

Even if the Pels choose to swap 2024/2025, I have no faith the Lakers would make that selection.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:03 am    Post subject:

I would draft a young guy with tools and athleticism. If kept, the pick should be for the future, not next season
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:18 am    Post subject:

I would draft Kel'el Ware, 7 foot with a 7'7" wing span, fluid athlete that can run the floor, jump, and shoot 3s. Looks comfortable with the ball facing up and in the post. Just turned 20.

2nd choice is Isaiah Collier. A guy that os young and athletic. Can create for himself and get to the basket. Can't shoot yet.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:01 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
#17/gabe for Mitchell Robinson

Mitchell Robinson is who we should have drafted over Moritz Wagner.

And Moritz Wagner is a draft pick we SHOULD have held onto after picking him over Mitchell because HE has a solid role in the league too.

Wagner, Zubac, drafting Robinson. There's so may centers the Lakers could have next to AD right now that they just let go of. None hurting more currently than Zubac. Whom Magic trade away for Mike Muscala.... And then Magic bolted 3 months later.

Solid trade idea. Would then look to turn Rui into a solid 2 way guard

Robinson
AD/Wood
LeBron/Vando
????/Reaves
DLO
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:31 am    Post subject:

I don't think the Knicks have any interest in trading Robinson. Especially as long as Embiid is in the East.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:52 am    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
I don't think the Knicks have any interest in trading Robinson. Especially as long as Embiid is in the East.

I think at the beginning of the season this was their stance, but Hartenstein filled in quite nicely. Maybe just maybe they feel like he's the guy to keep especially if Mitchell could be part of a bigger trade where that first gets them closer to a guy they want like Embiid or on a smaller scale, Bridges. But that just hinges on what Hartenstein costs and/or if a bigger deal comes available.

Realistically, targeting Jonas V with MLE seems far more plausible and I still feel like he gets more than that.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:29 am    Post subject:

^^ we will only the tax payer MLE at about 5.2MLE. Jonas value will probably be around regular MLE (12-14M a year)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:17 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
^^ we will only the tax payer MLE at about 5.2MLE. Jonas value will probably be around regular MLE (12-14M a year)

Yup I alluded to as much. Looking like the draft might be the best way to address size... or at least start to. Edey or Ware would be nice.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:20 am    Post subject:

Goga would be my target. Underrated big that has played well when given PT.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:08 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Is there an avenue to open the full MLE?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:23 am    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Is there an avenue to open the full MLE?

LeBron would have to take a 20mill pay cut. Deal starting at 30mill instead of the 50 he will likely get.

Players worth full MLE (4y/55mill), Some will get more

Nic Claxton, Jonas, Hartenstein
Malik Monk,KCP....Miles Bridges

Pretty weak free agency crop. Knicks was able to get Donte D last year for MLE and look what he is doing.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:34 am    Post subject:

I believe this summer is where you start to be able to use the MLE like a trade exception, essentially being able to trade for a player at/under that salary instead of only being available for free agents.

Coupling that with a draft pick is a new rout to bring in talent.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Looking at the draft power rankings, this looks like a couple of current "move" back options...Lakers 17 and 55 for...

Toronto 19 and 31
New York 24 or 25 and 38
Orlando 18 and 47
Milwaukee 23 and 33
Utah 29 and 32
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:22 pm    Post subject:

The future of the org depends on these picks. Get it right
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:55 am    Post subject:

this kid Grant Nelson from Alabama needs to be a target of the FO for next season. Not only is he 6'11 with a long wingspan and a polished game where he is a 3 level scorer, but he is also a 4 year senior and much like Jaime Jaquez, he'll be able to contribute to a contending team right away. We need to add talent on the margins, and I think Grant Nelson fits PERFECTLY next to AD as a 6-11 big that can help patrol the paint but also space the floor. I see him being a potential Rui replacement if we end up shipping Rui

During the tourney, he wasnt mocked at all. But past few days I'm seeing him as high as 40 on some boards. Really hope the Lakers can draft him because i believe he will be the steal of the draft

He still has another year of eligibility but if Lakers offer him a spot, I'm not so sure he would pass. Hope the scouting deparment makes a move here
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
this kid Grant Nelson from Alabama needs to be a target of the FO for next season. Not only is he 6'11 with a long wingspan and a polished game where he is a 3 level scorer, but he is also a 4 year senior and much like Jaime Jaquez, he'll be able to contribute to a contending team right away. We need to add talent on the margins, and I think Grant Nelson fits PERFECTLY next to AD as a 6-11 big that can help patrol the paint but also space the floor. I see him being a potential Rui replacement if we end up shipping Rui

During the tourney, he wasnt mocked at all. But past few days I'm seeing him as high as 40 on some boards. Really hope the Lakers can draft him because i believe he will be the steal of the draft

He still has another year of eligibility but if Lakers offer him a spot, I'm not so sure he would pass. Hope the scouting deparment makes a move here

Bear Bryant’s Burner
@TheBearsBurner

Sources close to the program has told me that Mark Sears and Grant Nelson are planning on returning.

Bama hoops getting two stars back 📈
Auburn hoops getting Chris Moore 📉
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Zach Edey Has More NBA Potential Than You Think | 2024 NBA Draft Scouting Report

dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:14 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:

Reminds me of college Austin Reaves. Really was expecting more out of him at Bama (after picking Bama over my Razorbacks) but he finished strong. Very skilled guy that plays hard. Would be a fun 2 way guy
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:28 am    Post subject:

Curious to see if Edey can develop into a Rik Smits type of player. Would need to improve his mobility some and extend his range to 12ft. Even then, Smits played in an era where slow centers could stay on the floor longer. But he could become a difficult guy to defend on bench units.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 5:30 pm    Post subject:

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Curious to see if Edey can develop into a Rik Smits type of player. Would need to improve his mobility some and extend his range to 12ft. Even then, Smits played in an era where slow centers could stay on the floor longer. But he could become a difficult guy to defend on bench units.

I think of it this way.

Zach Edey is going to be on an NBA training regimen with an NBA training staff and on an NBA kind of diet.

So I see him getting stronger and more active. I remember when people thought Zubac was too lumbering, even though I never felt that way. But getting on an NBA diet and getting stronger, losing the baby fat and gaining muscle. It helps a ton.

Edey gaining muscle, working with trainers etc just becoming stronger and more explosive is a good thing and I think we'd benefit tremendously. It did wonders for Jokic as well, remember how he came into the league vs now.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9DDpGBt8NB8/sddefault.jpg

I can see the same happening for Edey and it would be a TREMENDOUS advantage for us.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 6:14 pm    Post subject:

edey dropped to #30 in latest tankathon mock
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: