SIXERS -at- LAKERS – 3-22-24 - DIY Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:34 pm    Post subject: SIXERS -at- LAKERS – 3-22-24 - DIY Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

Sorry LG, DIY night … post your thoughts and recaps here.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:15 pm    Post subject:

First!

I didn't see the game.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Lakers: Played a bit sloppy and too cool for school
Sixers: Fouled the hell out of the Lakers and the refs let it slide since it resembled "hustle"
Refs: How do you get a one armed Ref out of a tree? Wave hello to them.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:17 am    Post subject:

Team was struggling but eventually returned to being offensively effective (as they have been trending - https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2024/3/22/24107311/lakers-offense-lebron-james-anthony-davis-darvin-ham-dangelo-russell-3-point-shooting, though rebounding should be better

Since Triple Threat Prince (No Rebounds/No Offense/No Defense Juggernaut) wasn't playing, moments of horror were replaced with Christie's energy and Cam's defensive efforts.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:57 am    Post subject:

Cam somehow wasn’t complete trash! He let some rebounds slip right out of his hands, he screwed up by stopping to complain about a clear non-call on an obvious foul when he got his hand on a ball and was going to get free for a breakaway dunk (or just lose the ball, it is Cam after all), kinda understandable but you gotta play until the play is dead, but his defense was credible, even good tonight on Maxey.

One caveat being that the Sixers were ice cold from three. If they were knocking down shots like every other team does against us (and how Maxey eviscerated us from distance the last time we played them), it might have looked much different.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:56 am    Post subject:

Sloppy game. Too many turnovers and second (and third) chance points.

Maxie was killing us but Darvi did not change the defense to take the ball out of his hands. So it remained a close game.

RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:41 am    Post subject:

Do we play down to our competition or do we just suck. I think both.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am    Post subject:

I am growing more and more impressed with Spencer Dinwiddie's on-ball defense. He was actually punching above his weight by effectively guarding players bigger than him vs. the 76ers, and was effective in doing so.

He has surprisingly quick reflexes that when combined with his length (for a guard) and BBiQ, it allows for him to closely challenge and even block jumpers that perhaps no other Laker guard could handle as well.

I'm not yet sure how well he compares in lateral quickness to cut of drives when compared to, say, a healthy Gabe Vincent, but I'm loving his verticality.

The fact that Spencer scored his most as a Laker last night (11 points) is a bonus; I hope his effectiveness on the other end of the court continues into the playoffs.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:42 am    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
I am growing more and more impressed with Spencer Dinwiddie's on-ball defense. He was actually punching above his weight by effectively guarding players bigger than him vs. the 76ers, and was effective in doing so.

He has surprisingly quick reflexes that when combined with his length (for a guard) and BBiQ, it allows for him to closely challenge and even block jumpers that perhaps no other Laker guard could handle as well.

I'm not yet sure how well he compares in lateral quickness to cut of drives when compared to, say, a healthy Gabe Vincent, but I'm loving his verticality.

The fact that Spencer scored his most as a Laker last night (11 points) is a bonus; I hope his effectiveness on the other end of the court continues into the playoffs.
With Cam and Vanderbilt's injury situations uncertain and unpredictable - Dinwiddie is a FAR BETTER CHOICE than our Triple Threat Prince, with his ability to make an impact by his No Defense/No Offense/No Rebounds consistent "production" that at time he is the "Head of the Dragon" on defense - LOL!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: