Playoffs Round 1 Thread: Lakers vs Nuggets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:58 pm    Post subject:

It’s their home court. Now it’s on us
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Heartbreaking loss.

This tweet from Trudell sums up Denver perfectly.
Quote:
The Nuggets shot 38.2% in the first 3 quarters, but then made 13 of 20 shots in the 4th Q (65%), including 7 straight makes in the final 3:34 of the game.

When it comes down to winning time, no one executes better.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:59 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Not gonna lie. That was rough.

Feels like a kick to the nuts. Brutal one to get over.

Even up big you expected it to get close, but you see us unraveling. Everything that was working, our guys decided to switch up and played like we were way up. The entire team lacks discipline. Easy to blame hamm but it’s the players.
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:05 pm    Post subject:

- AD 0 points in the 4th
- Rui sucking
- Spencer worthless
- Gabe unplayable on both ends
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Not gonna lie. That was rough.

Feels like a kick to the nuts. Brutal one to get over.

Even up big you expected it to get close, but you see us unraveling. Everything that was working, our guys decided to switch up and played like we were way up. The entire team lacks discipline. Easy to blame hamm but it’s the players.
Ham should've called a TO on the last possession
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Everyone will be expecting us to fold. They have beat us what 10 straight? That is almost impossible, we aren’t that bad of a team that someone can son us 10+ games. Have to stick with it!
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:17 pm    Post subject:

We play better in game 2. Let’s keep it up for game 3.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:18 pm    Post subject:

They’re just lucky to steal this one. Nuggets should be scared.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have played better as this series has progressed and had big leads in both games. I think they break through in game 3.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Role players play better at home, and I hope that will be the case. 6 points from the bench is unacceptable
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:21 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Role players play better at home, and I hope that will be the case. 6 points from the bench is unacceptable

Opponents role players seems to shoot lights out at Crypto also.

Last time we faced Denver. Porter went 10 for 10.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:37 am    Post subject:

Wow devastating loss. Traveling back home from overseas so missed the game when it was live but watching it on playback not knowing the outcome. Was on edge of my seat the entire way thru and still felt uncomfortable even when up 20. The plane WiFi was so bad it completely went out right at the end of 3rd quarter and by the time I got it up and running again the the HBO max playback had expired. I did not have a good feeling when I went to open the ESPN app to check the final score . Missed the fourth quarter and not even going to bother to watch it. The game got away from us in the last 6 minutes of the 3rd. A few observations

1) we went away from what was working in which got us the lead which was running the offense thru DLO and having him play 2 man game with AD
2) LeBron iso ball completely took the wind out of our sails
3) Lebron and rui missed tons of gimmies at the rim

And last but not least can’t help but feel like this loss is on Rob. Why he didn’t go out and get a big body center to back up AD just in case we got the Denver matchup again is beyond me. Someone that fits the archetype like the plumlee bro on the clippers. Jokic just absolutely ate when AD picked up his fourth and that was the beginning of the end. What a terrible series changing loss
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:53 am    Post subject:

It's like being forced to watch the same bad movie over and over. We go through a stretch of dumb turnovers, poor offense, not hustling resulting in offensive rebounds and giving up transition baskets. I saw at least 2-3 plays in last couple minutes where players got the rim with no contest. And how many times do we call a timeout and get a turnover on the next possession? It's just unbelievable. This team does not value possessions and in playoffs every possession counts. Just awful and embarrassing.

We've seen it so many times before so I guess it's not surprising to see it in the playoffs. No leader on this team, no killers on the team, no bruisers, no players willing to do the dirty work. Don't get me started on the dumb coach.

Last edited by lakerfansd on Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:07 am; edited 2 times in total
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:56 am    Post subject:

I remember in 2017 I'd be rooting for anyone to beat the Warriors. But even when they were down 20 pts I felt it in my gut that they would still win. And eventually they would. It was just a talent gap.

That's what this series feels like. Even down 20, it just feels like the Nuggets will come back. They have consistent offense when they hunker down. The Lakers do not.

As I've been reading a lot of tim_nba's twitter, his observations agree with mine -- a lot of the problem is that the Lakers stop running scheme and settle.

Every game the Lakers have a ~6 minute stretch where they're unable to score. The game is always lost there.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:21 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
They’re just lucky to steal this one. Nuggets should be scared.

You’re probably being sarcastic, but sad part about not winning either games 1/2 is that Murray won’t shoot terrible game 3. He’s on a adrenaline rush after that winner. Nuggets Also won’t shoot terrible from 3 again.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:25 am    Post subject:

Should we try a big lineup with Lebron at point guard?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:50 am    Post subject:

It's unheard of to be this dominated by a single team. As a professional sports organization with the tools to analyze each loss and devise remedy to attend to said loss, at some point, Laker coaching staff and players have to figure out what they are doing wrong and beat this Nugget team, without it being close. I'm sure we'll get game 3, but if we don't, then expect to get swept twice in a row in the post season. And if that happens, there is no moral justification for retaining the services of one Mr. Ham.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:03 am    Post subject:

Brutal loss (probably one of the worst I've ever seen as a Lakers fan). Hard to believe the Lakers can win 4/5 with 2 games in Denver remaining. Looks like it is over even if they win the next 2.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:27 am    Post subject:

I said it real time...Lebron walking the ball up the court in the 3rd quarter took us out our rhythm. NO role players...nobody can be successful with the LEbron offense. We had a winning formula that didnt exclusively feature LEbron...and he decided...cuz im sure it wasnt Ham....that HE needed to be the reason we win the game. AD was rolling...he iced him out...to me it was the most selfish game ive seen in a while. Usually he pulls this the last 6 minutes of the game. But to start this with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter....Pissed me off!

The worst part is that you look at his stats and you think...he wasnt the problem. BUT he was the main culprit of our demise.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:41 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
I said it real time...Lebron walking the ball up the court in the 3rd quarter took us out our rhythm. NO role players...nobody can be successful with the LEbron offense. We had a winning formula that didnt exclusively feature LEbron...and he decided...cuz im sure it wasnt Ham....that HE needed to be the reason we win the game. AD was rolling...he iced him out...to me it was the most selfish game ive seen in a while. Usually he pulls this the last 6 minutes of the game. But to start this with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter....Pissed me off!

The worst part is that you look at his stats and you think...he wasnt the problem. BUT he was the main culprit of our demise.

The only thing that changed was how Denver guarded their actions. LeBron walking up the court was how the 3Q started, and was very successful.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:43 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:

The only thing that changed was how Denver guarded their actions. LeBron walking up the court was how the 3Q started, and was very successful.
How easy is it to guard when we are WALKING the ball up the court? We allow them to get a rhythm. Lebron was walking the ball up...dribbling for 20 seconds...thats 1 person playing defense for what....7-8 minutes...
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:47 am    Post subject:

Dlo was making Murray work on defense....in the first half. 2nd half...who did he have to guard? Lebron was either shooting it...or making the pass to the shooter...so we got 3 guys on offense...and 3 guys on defense...who are pretty uninvolved for a whole half. And then people get mad because those 3 miss shots...Dlo and Reeves and Lebron should equally be setting the table. When that ratio slants too heavy in ANY direction...its trouble...because its predictable.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:59 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Opponents role players seems to shoot lights out at Crypto also.

Last time we faced Denver. Porter went 10 for 10.

Well, if he does that again, we will get swept.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:

The issue is Lebron is like 40. He can do it in small stretches obviously but Ham is using him like he is 25. Dude should be a complementary fill in the gaps piece that helps close it out IMHO.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:17 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Lakers have played better as this series has progressed and had big leads in both games. I think they break through in game 3.

I know this isnt a long message from you but I think this hits at the crux of the matter. Yes the Lakers need to get a W in Game 3 cause they are down 2-0 but what they really need along with the actual W is the understanding of HOW they need to play to beat Denver over a 48-minute period. They are getting closer and closer to getting that understanding because the level of play between the two teams is getting closer. Denver did outexecute us. But again here, the gap is becoming narrower. Its not just a straight blitzing and even in Game 2 when Denver did go on those runs, LA didnt just collapse. LA played great defense to where that run was made over a course of lets say 4-5 minutes instead of 1-2 minutes, meaning we got some stops while being unable to score on the other end - On this point, a lot of the looks were decent too like when Denver went on their run, Bron would drive to the rim and either just miss or get blocked or not get a whistle. Yes the result was bad but the process was fine in terms of shot selection/quality.

I will say this though - when I think of the gap between the Lakers and Nuggets I think of LA vs Utah in 97 and LA vs OKC in 2012. Both series we were the underdogs and in my opinion, to about more or less the same level as the Lakers vs Nuggets now. Both series, we lost Game 1 decisively and Game 2 barely on last second shots. Both series we won Game 3. Both series, we lost Game 4 at home that essentially finished the series. This was the Van Exel throwing a tantrum vs Harris on the bench game and Durant busting a three in Artest's face after Pau Gasol's turnover. Both series ended in 5.

Game 5 was very close in 1997 and was definitely winnable and played out in a manner to how I see the current Lakers vs Nuggets playing out if we win both home games with the known variable being Lakers trail most of the game but play well enough to keep it close and the unknown variable being can the Lakers actually steal that game because the Lakers trailed like 95% of that game but actually managed to take the lead right before end of regulation - Kobe's airballs game. If we drop one of the two home games, I see Game 5 playing out more or less similar to how 2012 OKC vs LAL played out - competitive and then a flurry of momentum for Denver makes LA let go of the rope and end of series.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14
Jump to: