Playoffs Round 1 Thread: Lakers vs Nuggets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:23 am    Post subject:

AD & LeBron have too much on their plate defensively but need to still carry the load on offense. DLO is streaky, Reaves & Rui have disappointed, the bench doesn't exist.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:24 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
Nuggets should be scared.

1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:26 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
I said it real time...Lebron walking the ball up the court in the 3rd quarter took us out our rhythm. NO role players...nobody can be successful with the LEbron offense. We had a winning formula that didnt exclusively feature LEbron...and he decided...cuz im sure it wasnt Ham....that HE needed to be the reason we win the game. AD was rolling...he iced him out...to me it was the most selfish game ive seen in a while. Usually he pulls this the last 6 minutes of the game. But to start this with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter....Pissed me off!

The worst part is that you look at his stats and you think...he wasnt the problem. BUT he was the main culprit of our demise.

The only thing that changed was how Denver guarded their actions. LeBron walking up the court was how the 3Q started, and was very successful.
How easy is it to guard when we are WALKING the ball up the court? We allow them to get a rhythm. Lebron was walking the ball up...dribbling for 20 seconds...thats 1 person playing defense for what....7-8 minutes...

Actually I liked that he walked the ball up. I actually think that is great process. For one it helps conserve his energy and run out the clock. But the bigger purpose at least in theory was more set play execution and PREVENTING the Nuggets from getting into offensive flow which teams generally get through transition. By walking the ball up, Lebron is essentially killing his own team's offensive flow but the thought process is, he is preventing Denver from finding theirs and for the most part, they didnt have their offensive flow. Thats why they would sometimes get open looks and miss them - the MPJ 2 3's immediately come to mind.

Generally when you walk the ball up and slow the pace to a crawl, you negate transition opportunities and offensive rhythm. If we are going to repeat this tactic, which Lebron has plenty of experience with, starting from early in his career when his Cavaliers teams played a snail-like pace with him walking the ball up, we need to be very disciplined in terms of what sets we run - probably should gameplan for this ahead of time. Unfortunately Bron doesnt have the explosiveness to do the 25 straight points vs Detroit in 2007 like he did against a very well-disciplined set defense.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:39 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
I said it real time...Lebron walking the ball up the court in the 3rd quarter took us out our rhythm. NO role players...nobody can be successful with the LEbron offense. We had a winning formula that didnt exclusively feature LEbron...and he decided...cuz im sure it wasnt Ham....that HE needed to be the reason we win the game. AD was rolling...he iced him out...to me it was the most selfish game ive seen in a while. Usually he pulls this the last 6 minutes of the game. But to start this with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter....Pissed me off!

The worst part is that you look at his stats and you think...he wasnt the problem. BUT he was the main culprit of our demise.

The only thing that changed was how Denver guarded their actions. LeBron walking up the court was how the 3Q started, and was very successful.
How easy is it to guard when we are WALKING the ball up the court? We allow them to get a rhythm. Lebron was walking the ball up...dribbling for 20 seconds...thats 1 person playing defense for what....7-8 minutes...

Actually I liked that he walked the ball up. I actually think that is great process. For one it helps conserve his energy and run out the clock. But the bigger purpose at least in theory was more set play execution and PREVENTING the Nuggets from getting into offensive flow which teams generally get through transition. By walking the ball up, Lebron is essentially killing his own team's offensive flow but the thought process is, he is preventing Denver from finding theirs and for the most part, they didnt have their offensive flow. Thats why they would sometimes get open looks and miss them - the MPJ 2 3's immediately come to mind.

Generally when you walk the ball up and slow the pace to a crawl, you negate transition opportunities and offensive rhythm. If we are going to repeat this tactic, which Lebron has plenty of experience with, starting from early in his career when his Cavaliers teams played a snail-like pace with him walking the ball up, we need to be very disciplined in terms of what sets we run - probably should gameplan for this ahead of time. Unfortunately Bron doesnt have the explosiveness to do the 25 straight points vs Detroit in 2007 like he did against a very well-disciplined set defense.
so let's cut off our nose to spite our face. From the time we were up 20 we scored 25 points. In almost 2 quarters. That is not a winning recipe in today's game. Teams are scoring 25 points in 6 minutes...and we did it in 22! They weren't stopping us the way we were winning...so why change...at least let it not work b4 changing strategies. Icing your team is never a winning formula in my opinion... especially so early in the 3rd quarter.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:47 am    Post subject:

Refs owe us 50 extra free throws in games 3 and 4.

All those bull (bleep) calls smh
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:53 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:

so let's cut off our nose to spite our face. From the time we were up 20 we scored 25 points. In almost 2 quarters. That is not a winning recipe in today's game. Teams are scoring 25 points in 6 minutes...and we did it in 22! They weren't stopping us the way we were winning...so why change...at least let it not work b4 changing strategies. Icing your team is never a winning formula in my opinion... especially so early in the 3rd quarter.

The reason is of course conservative play-calling. If you play at your normal pace the entire game, the upside to this is you generally play at the level you are playing and you maintain your offensive rhythm.....at least until crunch time. The downside is you give Denver more and better chances to find their flow and Lebron was trying to learn from his past when playing Denver. 1. Bron knew that we score at a high rate of PPP when we run set plays. 2. Against a better team especially with a big lead, you want to milk the clock else, you run the risk of losing a big lead very quickly. Even losing this lead, it wasnt over a 1-2 minute stretch like how we normally lose leads when we play at our normal pace but over a 4-6 minute stretch. A big reason Denver shot poorly wasnt a fluke. It was because they also didnt have their rhythm because of the slow pace that was reminicent of the NBA in the mid 2000s. I say if we do this tactic, we have to run set plays 100% of the time with no free wheeling. Else we are better off keeping the pace at what we were playing at and hoping the momentum doesnt turn quickly.
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:55 am    Post subject:

We are going to win two straight vs the nuggets. I’ve never seen this team so pissed off before. They gonna take this to 7 games.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:59 am    Post subject:

Robblake wrote:
We are going to win two straight vs the nuggets. I’ve never seen this team so pissed off before. They gonna take this to 7 games.

Dude...IF we win both home games...I would be very optimistic because that will mean we will have learned HOW to beat these dudes in a close game where the outcome of the game was in doubt which has always been our kryptonite against this team. Beating Denver at their place isnt a big deal to our boys. Its that they dont know the HOW in terms of how to execute in big moments over a series of clutch possessions like Denver does. Once this clicks for us or IF it clicks for us, it wont trouble the Lakers players at all to play in Denver. The reason I make it sound like this is an achievable task despite all the recent failures is because they are slowly getting it and learning from Denver to the level and discipline at HOW we need to execute to be a title-winning team. Those that know me know that I said the Lakers were destroyed and toyed with by Denver last year to the point it wouldnt have matter if D'Lo played a slightly better series because the Nuggets ALWAYS had another gear they could get to to beat LA - they were toying with us essentially. Well the difference is we are making them go all out now to beat us.

Last edited by 1995Lakers on Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:04 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:

The reason is of course conservative play-calling. If you play at your normal pace the entire game, the upside to this is you generally play at the level you are playing and you maintain your offensive rhythm.....at least until crunch time. The downside is you give Denver more and better chances to find their flow and Lebron was trying to learn from his past when playing Denver. 1. Bron knew that we score at a high rate of PPP when we run set plays. 2. Against a better team especially with a big lead, you want to milk the clock else, you run the risk of losing a big lead very quickly. Even losing this lead, it wasnt over a 1-2 minute stretch like how we normally lose leads when we play at our normal pace but over a 4-6 minute stretch. A big reason Denver shot poorly wasnt a fluke. It was because they also didnt have their rhythm because of the slow pace that was reminicent of the NBA in the mid 2000s. I say if we do this tactic, we have to run set plays 100% of the time with no free wheeling. Else we are better off keeping the pace at what we were playing at and hoping the momentum doesnt turn quickly.
Super conservative....I feel like you are discounting the huge amount of energy that the Nuggets get to conserve by playing this way. This is their home court! Jokic was sooo tired at halftime...you go for his throat! He got to relax...then he had the energy to put the team on his back...and AD may as well been Kwame Brown the way he was involved in the offense. This strategy benefits Lebron...but nobody else.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:12 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:

Super conservative....I feel like you are discounting the huge amount of energy that the Nuggets get to conserve by playing this way. This is their home court! Jokic was sooo tired at halftime...you go for his throat! He got to relax...then he had the energy to put the team on his back...and AD may as well been Kwame Brown the way he was involved in the offense. This strategy benefits Lebron...but nobody else.

It certainly wasnt great because we lost and good point on the Jokic point....I just understand Bron's mindset. But regardless, I do feel better about this series this year vs last year. Although this could just mean we win just 1 game (likely game 3) and get finished off in 5 games but there is at least a pathway to make this a long series and possibly even win it: something I knew in my gut the whole time we didnt last year.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:25 am    Post subject:

Jokic is the best player on the court and it’s not close. Usually those guys win with a competent team around them. That’s the real issue.
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Robblake wrote:

Dude...IF we win both home games...I would be very optimistic because that will mean we will have learned HOW to beat these dudes in a close game where the outcome of the game was in doubt which has always been our kryptonite against this team. Beating Denver at their place isnt a big deal to our boys. It’s that they dont know the HOW in terms of how to execute in big moments over a series of clutch possessions like Denver does. Once this clicks for us or IF it clicks for us, it wont trouble the Lakers players at all to play in Denver. The reason I make it sound like this is an achievable task despite all the recent failures is because they are slowly getting it and learning from Denver to the level and discipline at HOW we need to execute to be a title-winning team. Those that know me know that I said the Lakers were destroyed and toyed with by Denver last year to the point it wouldnt have matter if D'Lo played a slightly better series because the Nuggets ALWAYS had another gear they could get to to beat LA - they were toying with us essentially. Well the difference is we are making them go all out now to beat us.

The answer is simple. All of the starters have to have. Good games. If ar and rui score 10-15 points each we win. Ar had 9/ rui had 3! Denver had 5 in double digits and we had 3. Rui was the most egregious. He had multiple momentum killing blunders not to mention he succession of turnovers and we lost by a game winning shot.

We all know game three is for the series and I’m gonna ride with my squad cause I think we can still change the momentum. Beating the warriors was a more daunting task for bron but he’s old, he needs ALL of his guys to be game ready.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:43 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Jokic is the best player on the court and it’s not close. Usually those guys win with a competent team around them. That’s the real issue.

He's great but they let him get away with traveling all the time. Moves that pivot all the f'ing time.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:57 am    Post subject:

The way to handle Joker is to make him work on the defensive end. He, we need a mobile center who can also extend the floor. Jokic's biggest weakness is his fitness. He's not nearly as effective when he's tired.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:04 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

This is it. On paper, maybe Lebron and AD are 2 top ten players…but Jokic is so far and away the absolute best player in the world.

We are severely outmatched from a talent standpoint. Denver let us run wild the first half, then Jokic decides it’s time to win and breaks the game open in the 2nd half every single time.
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:21 am    Post subject:

[quote="Brawn13"]
Halflife wrote:

We are severely outmatched from a talent standpoint. Denver let us run wild the first half, then Jokic decides it’s time to win and breaks the game open in the 2nd half every single time.

I honestly don’t buy that this year. They are marginally better as a unit but we win the game rui having even a below average game. He only scored three points! He played one of his worst games as a laker.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:27 pm    Post subject:

We’ve led for the majority of the series. We can beat the Nuggets. We just need to draw blood Game 3. Hopefully the return of Wood and Vando give us the bench we need to tip the scale our way.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Love the optimism, but hate to break it to you, THIS IS OVER.

Lakers don't know how to beat this team and our coach is the nuggets best sixth man.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:58 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Love the optimism, but hate to break it to you, THIS IS OVER.

Lakers don't know how to beat this team and our coach is the nuggets best sixth man.

Reverse jinx
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Lakers can't come back from this loss
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Even if we won last game.

We probably would still lose this series.

Denver is just better.

Lebron is too old.

We need enough pride to be not swept
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:39 pm    Post subject: SPAM THE PNR!!

We can clearly saw Jokic struggled defending bron and ad pnr in the 3rd, but when Malone adjusted and put him on Rui Lakers go away from it coz rui aint that good of a roller. Why instead of going away from it, why not just try to put another good roller inside so jokic cant switch assignment. Maybe Hayes?

They can clearly saw the Denver weakness but cant capitalize on it the whole game, coz ham is stupid.

Spam this the whole game and jokic will get tired for sure.

Lakers can have a big lead vs nuggets but cant maintain them, meanwhile Nuggets cant pull away from them, they are just winning on close games.
Thats why I think Lakers still has a big chance, but Ham is pulling them down with his stupid adjustments or no adjustments at all.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:40 pm    Post subject:

sounds good, but you do realize our main guy is gassed more than anyone on the court in the 4th, plus jokic smashes teams in the 4th. I dont know why people say he gets tired when he literally has one gear and defensively he is near impossible to move.

We just have to stay diciplined for 48. dont try to get the highlight plays and hope Nuggets are off for 4 of the next 5.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Lakers say Jarred Vanderbilt and Christian Wood are listed as OUT ahead of Game 3

https://x.com/danwoikesports/status/1783287548187713762?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Oh wait this isn't the game thread. My bad. Well anyway…
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14
Jump to: