Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:46 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Nuggets didn’t play great. That’s the unfortunate takeaway.

Neither did we.

The problem was they had a great quarter in the 3rd and we had a horrible one.

If our 3rd quarter is just good. Their run doesn't matter.

We had 12 more points than them from the ft line. AD was excellent. Bron played well. Seems like after every game against them you say “we didn’t play great”
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't think Dlo and AR will keep having bad games. I expect Dlo, AR, and Rui will show up in game 2. It's going to be a closer game maybe a win.

I don't -- AR and DLO are not playoff caliber players.

DLO will. AR though has fallen off a cliff

I'm not saying Reaves was out of this world but Dlo scored 13 points on 20 shots. Reaves scored 13 points on 9 shots. He scored the same points on less than half as many attempts. At least AR shot over 50%

Dlo loss us this game, we can't bench him cuz we have no alternative but he needs to play better.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:52 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Neither did we.

We didn’t play great in the 3rd cuz they decided it’s winning time. We cannot help that when they bring their A game, we can’t do anything about it. That’s the hard truth.

It’s not about us, it’s about them deciding to win when they feel like it

Last edited by Brawn13 on Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valdarno
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:52 pm    Post subject:

i didn’t watch the 2nd half, and just heard that Ham benched Rui and went with the bad lineup from the beginning of the season of Prince Reeves and Dlo?! oh my!
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Neither did we.

We had 12 more points than them from the ft line. AD was excellent. Bron played well. Seems like after every game against them you say “we didn’t play great”

brick fan thinks DLO going 6/20 and 1/9, AR being below average and RUI with 7 points is best game
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Neither did we.

Ikr. 9 straight losses means when we don’t play as good as we could have, it’s because Nuggets stop us from doing so.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Valdarno wrote:
i didn’t watch the 2nd half, and just heard that Ham benched Rui and went with the bad lineup from the beginning of the season of Prince Reeves and Dlo?! oh my!

Hard to blame Prince at all. Prince to me actually played well, hard and aggressive. The only thing Ill complain about Austin is maybe being a little more offensively aggressive. But thats it. Dude competed hard defensively. D'Lo keep being mentally engaged.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't think Dlo and AR will keep having bad games. I expect Dlo, AR, and Rui will show up in game 2. It's going to be a closer game maybe a win.

I don't -- AR and DLO are not playoff caliber players.

DLO will. AR though has fallen off a cliff

AR is not a superstar or a star nor he gets paid that way. You comment is just stupid. He is 2 year player un drafted from the summer league let’s not forget that
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Neither did we.

Ikr. 9 straight losses means when we don’t play as good as we could have, it’s because Nuggets stop us from doing so.

Reaves did a good job on Murray. Ad was great. Bron played well. The problem is our talent drops way off the furthest down we go.

That team is filled with high IQ guys. Bron is the only one I would give that label to. If Murray plays to his numbers we are dead.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Neither did we.

Reaves did a good job on Murray. Ad was great. Bron played well. The problem is our talent drops way off the furthest down we go.

That team is filled with high IQ guys. Bron is the only one I would give that label to. If Murray plays to his numbers we are dead.

I would give all our boys credit on defense. They really did play well and hard for the most on that end.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Our base level today in the first half is enough to wipe out every other team in the league including Boston on a lot of nights. Thats why if we control Porzingis, Im not even worried about Boston. As things get tight, their volume and reliance on threes will bite them in the ass against us because we STILL play excellent defense. If only we could get past these dudes in Denver.....The Clippers when fully healthy and engaged are the only team I see could have kept up with us in that first half but they dont have the capability to just wipe us out like Denver does when we are actually trying at the level we were today.

Last edited by 1995Lakers on Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:04 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Neither did we.

I would give all our boys credit on defense. They really did play well and hard for the most on that end.

Agree. That’s our problem. We need two way guys. If DLo is trying on defense his offense struggles. Ad, is really our only true legit 2way guy that can max out on both ends. Plus they have a knack for muddying up our offense.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Was telling my family earlier, at least even if we fall to Denver, we are THE best prep for them to defend their crown because no one else they meet in the West can consistently match our level when we are fully engaged. Get them ready to meet Boston at which point they will once again defend their crown and become back to back champs. As long as Boston does not get ahead of us and we fell to a worthy opponent that deserved it, its all good.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Reaves hasn’t fallen off the cliff, he was a big reason we went all the way to the WCF last year with his high level of play and he’s been good for our team almost all season long
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Neither did we.

Agree. That’s our problem. We need two way guys. If DLo is trying on defense his offense struggles. Ad, is really our only true legit 2way guy that can max out on both ends. Plus they have a knack for muddying up our offense.

troll brick fan from inner city in full force...we know u troll
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:28 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Was telling my family earlier, at least even if we fall to Denver, we are THE best prep for them to defend their crown because no one else they meet in the West can consistently match our level when we are fully engaged. Get them ready to meet Boston at which point they will once again defend their crown and become back to back champs. As long as Boston does not get ahead of us and we fell to a worthy opponent that deserved it, its all good.

Interesting point of view. Only problem is the Lakers can’t consistently match their own efforts. Play great for a quarter, play mediocre for a couple, and play like crap for another. They just shuffle the quarters.

Same inconsistency all year. Rarely do they stay focused and play with defensive intensity for all four quarters. Same pattern, same ending when playing the champs.

Hoping to see a better effort, more focus and less lazy turnovers in Game 2.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

Interesting point of view. Only problem is the Lakers can’t consistently match their own efforts. Play great for a quarter, play mediocre for a couple, and play like crap for another. They just shuffle the quarters.

Same inconsistency all year. Rarely do they stay focused and play with defensive intensity for all four quarters. Same pattern, same ending when playing the champs.

Dude we are 0-9 against them. It’s not about our own efforts costing us games. We aren’t losing game we should’ve won. Denver is the reason we aren’t consistent. We are losing because Denver is making us lose.

We battled, we’re just not in their league when they decide it’s time to win
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:38 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:

Yea this is why during the game thread, the ONLY thing that upset me was when it appeared to me Bron was making careless mistakes and seemed to me letting go of the rope. He didnt let go of the rope when he made this mistake but it still pissed me off (when he shot that stupid/useless three when we were up 1 or 2 in the 3rd qtr and MPJ hits the three on the other end and they take the lead). From here on out, Bron just got progressively worse and disengaged. Nothing else about today pissed me off. Effort and losing to a superior opponent doesnt piss me off. Seeming to give up and become mentally disengaged and/or make stupid decisions when you should know better. That (bleep) annoys me.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Let’s hope for a better game 2.
Denver is just better folks, we need to live with it.
We shall see if the Lakers can make this a series.
If not, it is what it is…
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Ill also admit.....Im more pissed at Bron because it seemed like hypocrisy when he got on D'Lo for making that errant pass to Rui when HE would go on to make braindead decisions that were worse than D'Lo. He needs to lay off D'Lo. And Im not saying this just for D'Lo. I dont like it when he does that Mario Chalmers treatment to anyone.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

Dude we are 0-9 against them. It’s not about our own efforts costing us games. We aren’t losing game we should’ve won. Denver is the reason we aren’t consistent. We are losing because Denver is making us lose.

I agree the Nuggets are the better team. They are the #2 seed for a reason. Same as the Lakers were a play-in team for a reason.

Nugs are locked in and ready to compete a full 48 each game. Lakers cannot sustain the defensive effort or offensive efficiency except in spurts.

Lakers ( like any 7 seed) have to play way above their norms to win the series. Game 1 was not it. We will see what they can do Game 2. Playoff basketball is about taking each game one at a time.

But I also agree with you that like any tested contender, the Nugs were just “playing with their food”. I enjoyed it much more when it was the Lakers of old that would do that very same thing against feisty underdogs.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

Do we just give them to trophy now because nobody is in their league from what I see so far. They match up great against the Celtics too.
We were expected to lose, and losing game 1 on their home court is nothing unexpected. There is really no reason to get frustrated or anything. They just need to play their normal game and we need to play great to win which we didn’t today
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

I agree the Nuggets are the better team. They are the #2 seed for a reason. Same as the Lakers were a play-in team for a reason.

Nugs are locked in and ready to compete a full 48 each game. Lakers cannot sustain the defensive effort or offensive efficiency except in spurts.

Lakers ( like any 7 seed) have to play way above their norms to win the series. Game 1 was not it. We will see what they can do Game 2. Playoff basketball is about taking each game one at a time.

But I also agree with you that like any tested contender, the Nugs were just “playing with their food”. I enjoyed it much more when it was the Lakers of old that would do that very same thing against feisty underdogs.

Its why when people say D'Lo could have been better last year, we would have won that series was always nonsense to me. Ive always said they had another gear they could go to even if D'Lo was making his shots a little more. Its also why I said the 2023 Nuggets would have beaten any of the champions starting from the 2020 Lakers and likely starting from the 2018 Warriors - I think last years Nuggets would have beaten the 2018 KD/Steph Warriors. I will say this though and repeat this: I liked the way the Lakers defended today. The shot quality overall that Denver got today to me was lower than in any other of the previous matchups.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:57 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

It’s why when people say D'Lo could have been better last year, we would have won that series was always nonsense to me. Ive always said they had another gear they could go to even if D'Lo was making his shots a little more. Its also why I said the 2023 Nuggets would have beaten any of the champions starting from the 2020 Lakers and likely starting from the 2018 Warriors - I think last years Nuggets would have beaten the 2018 KD/Steph Warriors. I will say this though and repeat this: I liked the way the Lakers defended today. The shot quality overall that Denver got today to me was lower than in any other of the previous matchups.

22 warriors? Maybe
21 bucks? That’s the twin tower people drooling over matching up Jokic , with elite outside defense, not sure Denver can handle them
20 lakers? 35 year old lebron himself would be a hands full for Denver
19 raptors? They are fraud
18 warriors? That’s the best champion in recent years for real.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:04 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

It’s why when people say D'Lo could have been better last year, we would have won that series was always nonsense to me. Ive always said they had another gear they could go to even if D'Lo was making his shots a little more. Its also why I said the 2023 Nuggets would have beaten any of the champions starting from the 2020 Lakers and likely starting from the 2018 Warriors - I think last years Nuggets would have beaten the 2018 KD/Steph Warriors. I will say this though and repeat this: I liked the way the Lakers defended today. The shot quality overall that Denver got today to me was lower than in any other of the previous matchups.

22 warriors? Maybe
21 bucks? That’s the twin tower people drooling over matching up Jokic , with elite outside defense, not sure Denver can handle them
20 lakers? 35 year old lebron himself would be a hands full for Denver
19 raptors? They are fraud
18 warriors? That’s the best champion in recent years for real.

18 Warriors were very close to being knocked out by Houston. Plus they have nothing for Jokic. 17 Warriors played at such a high level, I would actually choose them barely over 23 Nuggets. 21 Bucks - not likely. Their level (as well as Phoenix's) wasnt that high to begin with and saying Lopez could hinder Jokic just because of his size is like saying Arvydas Sabonis could hinder Shaq in the playoffs because of his size - when it came to playoff time, Shaq destroyed Sabonis. 2020 Lakers would have the same fundamental issue these Lakers have. Their shot quality would be less than the Nuggets. Even if AD and Bron are hot, it can only carry you a certain way if the fundamentals favor the other team. An example of this is Phoenix vs Denver last year. Phoenix won 2 games last year based on unsustainable shooting by Phoenix, particularly Booker. But once he reverted to his base level, that series was over quick and decisively
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42
Jump to: