LAKERS -at- NUGGETS - 4-22-24 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:21 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Can’t sleep right after that one Fam. Woke up thinking about that Jamal Murray dagger.

Brother we have no control over these games. I try to stay unattached to the outcome of the game.
bkt4208
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:27 am    Post subject:

Ham is inept, completely and totally. He looks like a deer in headlights every time they zoom in on him on the sidelines.

The lead kept evaporating and yet we kept running the ISO's each time down the floor and then of course him keeping his challenges in his pocket. He is a "watching coach" instead of someone who is actually digesting and making adjustments or at least giving some ideas to his players...

And yes, the fact that Christie can't get in there when Spencer and Gabe are HURTING this team is also mind-boggling...

Inexcusable really what happened last night
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:29 am    Post subject:

bkt4208 wrote:
Ham is inept, completely and totally. He looks like a deer in headlights every time they zoom in on him on the sidelines.

The lead kept evaporating and yet we kept running the ISO's each time down the floor and then of course him keeping his challenges in his pocket. He is a "watching coach" instead of someone who is actually digesting and making adjustments or at least giving some ideas to his players...

And yes, the fact that Christie can't get in there when Spencer and Gabe are HURTING this team is also mind-boggling...

I dont like HAM...but please call out LEBRON when he does this ISO thing...When Dlo misses its DLO...when Rui misses its Rui...but when Lebron takes our winning formula and ditches it for his own hunting mismatch thing...its WE
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:49 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
I posted this in the game thread:

The Lakers only have themselves to blame for this loss -- not the refs and not anything else.

They went away from the AD pick-and-roll that worked so well early. In the second half, they kept walking the ball upcourt and devolved into one-on-one basketball, which forced them to take difficult shots with the shot clock running down.

TBH, LeBron deserves some blame for taking that 3 with 15-16 seconds left. We didn't need a 3, and there was plenty of time left on the shot clock. He should've taken his time -- at least then Denver wouldn't have had much time to make a shot.

As our lead dwindled in the third and fourth quarters, I could feel it in my gut. Even when we still had a solid lead, I knew we were going to lose. It reminded me of the feeling I had two seasons ago when the Chargers blew a 27-0 lead in the NFL playoffs to the Jacksonville Jaguars. It also reminded me of February's Super Bowl when the 49ers blew their lead and lost the world championship.

This series is over. The Lakers don't have what it takes to even make things competitive. They may win one game if Denver gets overconfident, but even that doesn't seem likely right now.

Denver had a TO, they would have enough time to get off a shot regardless. Lebron had a wide open 3, he should take it

We didn't need a 3 in that situation. We should've taken our time and attacked the basket and at least gotten to the FT line. It didn't matter that Denver had a TO left.

You say this because you knew the result of the shot. Gordon and Jokic were both in position to help on the drive and nobody was within 6 feet of lebron. What if he misses a layup? Or the refs didn’t call foul? Lebron made 2 3s 3 minutes ago, and you have an issue with him taking an open 3???

Why not get a higher percentage shot and leave less time on the clock for Denver?

When the game is tied with 15-16 seconds left, you usually don't take a 3 unless it's a dead-eye 3-point shooter who is wide-open.

Lebron missed several layups in the game and he is also a 41% 3 point shooter who just made 2 and we lost the game on a even lower % shot by Murray
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:54 am    Post subject:

Are the Lakers the “Not Ready for Prime Time Players” or Champions

How can seasoned, experienced and playoff-tested Dinwiddle/Vindent play **SCARED - lol***

Puzzling that with AD and LBJ in the game/on the court, how can the Lakers NOT know what to do at ANY time. With AD, LBJ, AR, DLo and Rui his most successful lineup - if Ham needs to call a TO to get them organized - lol!!

Ham not challenging any calls is strange

That DLo foul that got overturned was strange. With Jokic bumping AD in the paint with no foul, maybe AD should “Pull Out the Chair” one time

When they switched Jokic onto Rui, where were the plays to get Jokic involved ???

LBJ’s last 3, on a couple previous drives to the paint - the Nuggets just sagged into the paint forcing bad TOs

When Prince outscores Dinwiddle and Vincent together - that is a problem

Maybe Vanderbilt will be able to give spot minutes of high energy since at the worst he will match the number of points Vincent/Dinwiddile/Vincent provided - lol

Understand that LBJ/AD don’t take these games as “personal” to take them to the needed higher level to win, especially since the Nuggets have won 10 games in a row (often the result of their inability to match their play) - series is over

If this squad finally realizes and embraces the challenge and prerequisites of what is needed to win a Ring and come out mad to have a resounding Game 3 victory - then this loss will be the Wake Up Call for those players that want to be CHAMPIONS

Time for LBJ/AD leadership to be felt

With Spoelstra - Jimmy Buckets was The Man
With Malone - Jokic is The Man
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- NUGGETS - 4-22-24 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

miggz23 wrote:

Ham finished that game with 1 challenge and 2 timeouts left in his pocket… That’s a coach with no clue and it’s crazy that were still seeing it in the playoffs.

End of game scenario in altitude in Denver...use your challenge. You lose, so what? At the very least you get to rest your guys for a final push. Best case, you win it, get a key possession and still have two timeouts to rest players or use. Kills me.

I would have loved for AD to have some extra bounce down the stretch.

This is one of the problems with young coaches. It's part of the process they have to go through. If you aren't ready for that with your team, don't hire them.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:18 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
bkt4208 wrote:

I dont like HAM...but please call out LEBRON when he does this ISO thing...When Dlo misses its DLO...when Rui misses its Rui...but when Lebron takes our winning formula and ditches it for his own hunting mismatch thing...its WE

Ham mismanaging this team from the beginning of the season...through the thick of the season...to the end, is rearing its ugly head against Denver. Its those bad habits, that we've seen again, again, and again, from the regular season.

DLo upped his game. Austin, while shooting poorly, has been working Murray on the defensive end. AD and Bron started off hot. But, we're getting nothing from our bench, other than Prince. Christie should be getting playing time over Gabe/Dinwiddie. But, because you iced Max during the season, its hard to go to him in a high intensity situation.

Also, at the start of the game, LeBron/AD/DLo are carrying the offense, but the ball and players are moving. Once things get tight, players/ball stop moving, and start sticking, but Ham does NOTHING to refocus/reorganize the team.

Just sad.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:20 am    Post subject:

I Bleed P&G wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
Can’t sleep right after that one Fam. Woke up thinking about that Jamal Murray dagger.

Brother we have no control over these games. I try to stay unattached to the outcome of the game.

Good advice. Harder to do than it should be, but spot on.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:29 am    Post subject:

Huge opportunity missed. To be leading with less than a minute to go on their high-elevation home court.- what a huge position to be in. Wasted.
This is why I insist on hiring the absolute best, and then demanding the absolute max from everyone - no excuses, no room for error no learning on the job.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- NUGGETS - 4-22-24 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Ham finished that game with 1 challenge and 2 timeouts left in his pocket… That’s a coach with no clue and it’s crazy that were still seeing it in the playoffs.

End of game scenario in altitude in Denver...use your challenge. You lose, so what? At the very least you get to rest your guys for a final push. Best case, you win it, get a key possession and still have two timeouts to rest players or use. Kills me.

I would have loved for AD to have some extra bounce down the stretch.

This is one of the problems with young coaches. It's part of the process they have to go through. If you aren't ready for that with your team, don't hire them.

His lack of in game adjustments and awareness are alarming. No way an NBA coach can be that clueless to whats happening in front of him.

Before the game he said he will be going back to the Normal rotation in game 2. Only for him to go back to the small line-up that gave up a big lead end of the 3rd in game 1.

Even worse in the 4th. Same coverage no adjustments. No in game situation awareness. DLO go ahead layup 97-95, Malone calls a timeout. No adjustment from Ham. Not even subbing better defenders for DLO/AR so we didn’t have to play out of position. Then not to challenge that marginal foul on Murray?…

Still with 2 timeouts… Murray ties the game 99-99… Still no timeout called. I know Bron had an open look. But a timeout there give your players rest and probably was able talk about a better defensive stance at the end.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:00 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:40 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:

Ham mismanaging this team from the beginning of the season...through the thick of the season...to the end, is rearing its ugly head against Denver. Its those bad habits, that we've seen again, again, and again, from the regular season.

DLo upped his game. Austin, while shooting poorly, has been working Murray on the defensive end. AD and Bron started off hot. But, we're getting nothing from our bench, other than Prince. Christie should be getting playing time over Gabe/Dinwiddie. But, because you iced Max during the season, its hard to go to him in a high intensity situation.

Also, at the start of the game, LeBron/AD/DLo are carrying the offense, but the ball and players are moving. Once things get tight, players/ball stop moving, and start sticking, but Ham does NOTHING to refocus/reorganize the team.

Just sad.

Austin has to defend the other teams best guard every game. Steph, Booker, SGA you name the guard and AR has the assignment because DLo cannot slow anyone down. So I am cutting AR some slack right now.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:24 pm    Post subject:

I said Bron took an ill advised 3. Something was brought to my attention this morning. Game was tied there was too much time on the clock when he took the shot. If he was going to take the 3 he should have run the clock down. There was 15.7 on the game clock and 10 on the shot clock. He could have run 8 or 9 seconds off the clock. Also, a Nugget player slipped leaving room for Bron to get closer for an easier shot. FF the video to 8:45. We blew a 20 point lead in 10 minutes.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
urbanturban
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Denver enjoys the best home-court advantage of the entire league. Clearly, the team was exhausted by the 4th. I thought Ham did a good job managing time-outs but you could clearly see, right around the time Anthony picks up his 4th foul, they were gassed. Russel, Reeves and Hachi need more scoring off the bench to give them some extra rest. Lebron needs that 3 minute cushion between quarters to save his legs.

Wood likely could have been a difference maker in this game. Just goes to show, there's no place like LA for these lakes.

Game 3 of this series could be the most anticipated watch of the season...
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:24 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:

I'm (bleep) exhausted. Spent the day pissed about this game.
james5000
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Player for Player these teams are so closely matched, the difference between the teams is more cohesion and balance.

AD really has cancelled out Jokic
Lebron has probably been better than Murray.

Denvers other players have just done so much more damage.

Im shocked Lakers bench has been so toothless, I really did expect more from them.

Starting 5 for Lakers overall has matched Denver score for score basically but the bench is 29-17, all of those 17 points have come from 1 player!

They say role players play better at home, we better hope so.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:59 pm    Post subject:

james5000 wrote:
Player for Player these teams are so closely matched, the difference between the teams is more cohesion and balance.

Im shocked Lakers bench has been so toothless, I really did expect more from them.

Starting 5 for Lakers overall has matched Denver score for score basically but the bench is 29-17, all of those 17 points have come from 1 player!

Coming into the season I really thought we would have one of the deepest bench in the league. I know Vando/Gabe/Wood inuries have something to do with that... But I didn't expect Dinwiddie/Gabe to lay multiple donuts in a playoff series. Specially Gabe.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:28 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Me too. That MPJ game-tying three off a broken play (the ball was RIGHT there for the taking) was playing over and over in my head.
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:01 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
bkt4208 wrote:

100%. Despite what his stat sheet says and his clutch bucket moments, him dragging entire offense down to iso fest just to drive against packed defense has just killed any kind of offensive flow that we saw during 1st half. Ham's negligence/incompetence and Lebron's approach to the game in 2nd half were two biggest reason for this defeat by wide margin imo.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:46 am    Post subject:

james5000 wrote:

<skip>

AD is playing near his best and at an all-star + all-defense level, yes.
BUT while he may be cancelling out Jokic's point production, he's not cancelling out Jokic's play initiation, playmaking and orchestration. Jokic is clearly a level above AD.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:54 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
danzag wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Me too. That MPJ game-tying three off a broken play (the ball was RIGHT there for the taking) was playing over and over in my head.

Last night was better but I woke up thinking about that MPJ shot as well. Bron got the steal and went coast to coast and dunked it. AD was trailing him hard. Immediately after Jokic gets the ball out of bounds and is barreling down center court. Gorden is back along with AR, Dlo and Rui. Dlo goes for the steal and forces Jokic to heave the ball to no one in particular. Somehow it goes right to Gorden and somehow he gathers himself to make the pass to MPJ. Lebron and AD we’re trailing the play the entire time.

HOW DID THEY END UP IN A FAST BREAK AFTER A LEBRON DUNK!?!?

That should never happen right?!? Specially not by a lumbering 7 footer leading it?! Just brutal.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:41 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Nobody wrote:
danzag wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Last night was better but I woke up thinking about that MPJ shot as well. Bron got the steal and went coast to coast and dunked it. AD was trailing him hard. Immediately after Jokic gets the ball out of bounds and is barreling down center court. Gorden is back along with AR, Dlo and Rui. Dlo goes for the steal and forces Jokic to heave the ball to no one in particular. Somehow it goes right to Gorden and somehow he gathers himself to make the pass to MPJ. Lebron and AD we’re trailing the play the entire time.

HOW DID THEY END UP IN A FAST BREAK AFTER A LEBRON DUNK!?!?

That should never happen right?!? Specially not by a lumbering 7 footer leading it?! Just brutal.

He simply took the ball over AR's head. Strong as an ox, AR didn't stand a chance.

MPJ always seems to kill us. He never has an off night against the Lakers and I feel almost relieved when he doesn't shoot 100 %.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:30 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
james5000 wrote:

Coming into the season I really thought we would have one of the deepest bench in the league. I know Vando/Gabe/Wood inuries have something to do with that... But I didn't expect Dinwiddie/Gabe to lay multiple donuts in a playoff series. Specially Gabe.

Mostly coaching. Gabe had the setback injury wise, but they are not allowed to do much of anything offensively.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:16 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
james5000 wrote:

Mostly coaching. Gabe had the setback injury wise, but they are not allowed to do much of anything offensively.
Doesn't Ham preach that if a player has a completely open shot, he should take it. Did Ham think that Vincent had the opportunity to make a pass to another player for a better shot? Since Vincent is usually not in with both AD/LBJ in the game and usually with a lot of subs - doesn't/shouldn't Ham have more trust of Vincent making a shot - as oppose to Prince???
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:24 pm    Post subject:

JJin77 wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
bkt4208 wrote:

100%. Despite what his stat sheet says and his clutch bucket moments, him dragging entire offense down to iso fest just to drive against packed defense has just killed any kind of offensive flow that we saw during 1st half. Ham's negligence/incompetence and Lebron's approach to the game in 2nd half were two biggest reason for this defeat by wide margin imo.
If LBJ says that this ROLL as AD rolls, why did AD take only one shot in the fourth quarter???

Gordon is a great defender, but was it Ham's plan to keep AD on the perimeter to take Gordon with him? When LBJ does his fourth quarter sequence of taking the ball at the top of the key, Nuggets just formed a wall at the FT line to surround LBJ that resulted in a couple fourth quarter TOs.

We should tell Rui to stop playing like Prince and just stand around on the perimeter. Play as you had during the regular season by keep moving, get behind the defense, back door Jokic, keep Jokic preoccupied, MAKE layups, hit ***some*** outside shots, play like a champion (if one wants to be a Champion), etc.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: