** Play-Offs Round 1/ Gm3: Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (04/25/24) **
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 39107

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Gonna be an interesting off season. Getting swept back to back by the same team while our star player is aging out. Does the front office merely tweak the roster or will they will go thru with blowing up the team and getting some value in return?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 5402

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:15 pm    Post subject:

^^^ I’m not trusting Jeanie and Rob.

I just feel we’re stuck with them. So that’s all I can hope for is for them to figure things out


Last edited by Lakesh0wtime on Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 4294

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:16 pm    Post subject:

chuck is really relishing dumping on the lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 7674

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
KareemRushForThree wrote:
slavavov wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
ducasse wrote:
farzadkavari wrote:
This is why lebron should not be the goat, no mamba mentality, caves in


He's 39. Can't expect him to carry a playoff series at that age. Jordan and Kobe wouldn't be doing it at 39 either.


Jordan was hobbling at 39. Kobe averaged 13 points in his last season.

LBJ is the goat, haters will always hate.

A GOAT would've come out swinging like hell in the third quarter when we really started to lose our lead. I'm extremely disappointed in how LeBron just hasn't done that on a consistent basis throughout his career.

He's one of the greatest ever and one of the two or three greatest physical specimens in NBA history. But it's games like this that prove LeBron isn't even close to being the GOAT.


He would have 3 years ago. Hell, he did last year.


You don’t punish a dude in year 21 for his GOAT case. You’re just glad he’s playing. Wizards MJ was ass compared to this.


Actually, you do. IF said player keeps up the charade that he's playing at some GOAT level when he is clearly not. Josh Hart has more impact on his series than a LeBron does right now. If LeBron doesn't want to taint his legacy, he retires now cause it's only gonna look worse as it goes on.


So its his fault that he's playing better at age 39 than others did? The fact they are still holding him accountable at such a high standard at his age speaks for itself... They were not doing that to anyone else at the same age.

So nobody held MJ/Kobe at those standard late in their careers but for some reason Lebron will only look worse for continue to play? Makes no sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 18002

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:17 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Copy Paste

FIRE Darvin



Lebron,AD, AR, RUI, Gabe, Vando, cwood, and Max on contract for next season.

Resign DLo to an affordable deal.

Try to convince TP and Spencer to resign on vet min deals.

NEED TO SIGN A LUMBERING BIG
31 year old Jonas Valančiūnas Please







So what we have but add Jonas? Lol


To add to this pipe dream I still believe in Klay’s talent.
I’d love to add him as another free agent we should pursue.

But realistically I think GSW will re-sign him

Also AD playing help side defense as a power forward like in 2020 is devastating to our opponents. With good health I’d expect 55+ win season easy money

I just think it’s time be real.
West is stacked and young. Most always said we just need our 2 top earners healthy. This year we even had a surprise with Dlo. 7th seed/playin. To think AD and bron are good enough at the top is proving to be untrue. We need a full rebuild or multiple high level guys coming in.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 23900

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:19 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Ultimately its the others that let us down. Bron and AD matched Jokic and Murray. Its the Gordons and MPJs that really killed us. You give us their role players and you give them ours and its probably a 2-1 series for us or them and still competitive. Although I prefer our bench to theirs. Their bench blows ass worse than ours.

Yes, and AD will get the label “getting owned by Jokic” again when he actually played him to the draw or maybe even outplayed him a little.
Most importantly it is the (bleep) coach
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 18742
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:20 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Fire Ham
Hire a real head coach

Fire Pelinka
Hire Bob Myers a real GM

Sell the damn team to get rid of airhead biimbo brainleas Jeanie Buss and her (bleep) Rambis friends

Get rid of DLO
Get a real backup center
Get a real point guard
If Lebron wants to move on, so be it.

I like Rui and Reaves but both are role players, not anywhere as good as Gordon, Porter Jr., Braun, etc.

Dinwiddie, Prince, Gabe - all are ok on the cheap but none of them are worth squat in the open market.


Fire Ham is priority one. An no we Lakers fans aren’t using him as a scapegoat with his terrible small ball philosophy. He’s lost this team completely going back to January.
Need a fresh start.

Signing or trading for a lumbering big who can defend and rebound should be priority 2.

Mpj, Braun, and Gordon are mid.
Where just too small.

Slide AD back to power forward where he can dominate with his help
Side defense and all those Aaron Gordon garbage baskets get eliminated. Lebron and RUI full time shutting MPj down easy money


Last edited by KingKobe20 on Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Posts: 2872

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Pa-thetic


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 12700
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:23 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Fire Ham
Hire a real head coach

Fire Pelinka
Hire Bob Myers a real GM

Sell the damn team to get rid of airhead biimbo brainleas Jeanie Buss and her (bleep) Rambis friends

Get rid of DLO
Get a real backup center
Get a real point guard
If Lebron wants to move on, so be it.

I like Rui and Reaves but both are role players, not anywhere as good as Gordon, Porter Jr., Braun, etc.

Dinwiddie, Prince, Gabe - all are ok on the cheap but none of them are worth squat in the open market.


Fire Ham is priority one. An no we Lakers fans aren’t using him as a scapegoat with his terrible small ball philosophy. He’s lost this team completely going back to January.
Need a fresh start.

Signing or trading for a lumbering big who can defend and rebound should be priority 2.

Mpj, Braun, and Gordon are mid.
Where just too small.

Slide AD back to power forward where he can dominate with his help
Side defense and all those Aaron Gordon garbage baskets get eliminated. Lebron and RUI full time shutting MPj down easy money



Agree with your assessment.
Need a big ol’ big that can stay healthy
What about DLO? He is likely gone.
Need a better more consistent point guard?
Hope no one with a brain here thinks Trae Young is the answer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 12700
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I never hated a coach more than Ham.
Over Rambis, over Byron, over Luke.
He’s a dumbass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 18742
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Copy Paste

FIRE Darvin



Lebron,AD, AR, RUI, Gabe, Vando, cwood, and Max on contract for next season.

Resign DLo to an affordable deal.

Try to convince TP and Spencer to resign on vet min deals.

NEED TO SIGN A LUMBERING BIG
31 year old Jonas Valančiūnas Please







So what we have but add Jonas? Lol


To add to this pipe dream I still believe in Klay’s talent.
I’d love to add him as another free agent we should pursue.

But realistically I think GSW will re-sign him

Also AD playing help side defense as a power forward like in 2020 is devastating to our opponents. With good health I’d expect 55+ win season easy money

I just think it’s time be real.
West is stacked and young. Most always said we just need our 2 top earners healthy. This year we even had a surprise with Dlo. 7th seed/playin. To think AD and bron are good enough at the top is proving to be untrue. We need a full rebuild or multiple high level guys coming in.



For better or worse Jeanie isn’t going to let Lebron leave without putting up a fight. Incoming Another legendary record breaking contract extension filled with Stay In LA Lebron billboards etc. LOL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 7674

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I never hated a coach more than Ham.
Over Rambis, over Byron, over Luke.
He’s a dumbass.


More than D'Antoni?
I mean the guy pretty much ended Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 18002

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Crazy how and Ad/ bron led teams have quit on 2 coaches in 3 years.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2019
Posts: 4073

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Sucks to lose but why is everyone acting like we aren’t a 7th seed losing to the champs? Almost everyone outside of lakers fans knew we were gonna get stomped this series.

It’s playing out how most thought it would. Anyone that thought we were gonna have a chance this series is drunk off laker kool-aid. We are getting the results expected of us


It is because we trade the future of the team for this product and we all know deep down unless something big happens we are not going to win the championship for the next 10 years minimum. OKC is not winning it all either but they are just going to get better and we will get worse and worse


And we got a title out of it. Which team turns down the AD trade with Lebron at that point in time? One title is worth 10 years of mediocrity. No Lebron and no AD….wed still be just as bad but without a title to show for it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jun 2021
Posts: 9752

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Crazy how and Ad/ bron led teams have quit on 2 coaches in 3 years.


Dlo guarded Aaron gordan
Reaves/another guarded MPJ

But ya...it's ad/Bron problem..agenda driven nonsense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 18742
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Crazy how and Ad/ bron led teams have quit on 2 coaches in 3 years.


Dlo guarded Aaron gordan
Reaves/another guarded MPJ

But ya...it's ad/Bron problem..agenda driven nonsense


Mpj is the same height as AD at 6’10 LOL
Like you’ve said we are just way too small compared to the nuggets front court.

The initial post by Half is right on time as usual.
Wild to say AD with 33 and 15 and Lebron with 26,6,&6 is “quitting”

But coming from half it’s no surprise lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 7674

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:41 pm    Post subject:

DLO/AR starting backcourt needs to be address... Major disadvantage there, along with Ham as a coach. Not surprise all are getting exposed again in the playoffs.

RUI been a huge disappointed this series. Dont know whats going on. But we have seen him have a big playoff run last season. Just complete opposite this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2002
Posts: 8533

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
chuck is really relishing dumping on the lakers


Funny to watch a guy make fun of teams for losing when he could never win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 18002

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:44 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Crazy how and Ad/ bron led teams have quit on 2 coaches in 3 years.


Dlo guarded Aaron gordan
Reaves/another guarded MPJ

But ya...it's ad/Bron problem..agenda driven nonsense


Mpj is the same height as AD at 6’10 LOL
Like you’ve said we are just way too small compared to the nuggets front court.

The initial post by Half is right on time as usual.
Wild to say AD with 33 and 15 and Lebron with 26,6,&6 is “quitting”

But coming from half it’s no surprise lol

We can dip into any thread and read how hamms lost the team. Anyone who watched game and not box score saw we quit. It wasn’t subtle.

Last game AD had great numbers too. Of course if you watched the last 17 minutes you saw he did nothing in a 2 pt loss.

We can also peel back layers to vogels last stand and read or go rewatch the team quit on him all of the way to the lottery.

There is video evidence of our vets, walking away from hamm during the season. It’s all there.

This team hates adversity.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Dec 2015
Posts: 913

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:47 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
derek94 wrote:
season starts Saturday


cancun starts saturday

✈️ is booked and 🧳 are packed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2002
Posts: 8533

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:48 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
I never hated a coach more than Ham.
Over Rambis, over Byron, over Luke.
He’s a dumbass.


More than D'Antoni?
I mean the guy pretty much ended Kobe.


Damn, the Lakers have had some really bad head coaching hires. D'Antoni is up there too in the Lakers coaching hall of shame. And now add Ham.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 5768
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:24 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
chuck is really relishing dumping on the lakers


Funny to watch a guy make fun of teams for losing when he could never win.


He did have a parade for finishing second. So there was some winning involved there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 7674

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:24 pm    Post subject:

I Bleed P&G wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
derek94 wrote:
season starts Saturday


cancun starts saturday

✈️ is booked and 🧳 are packed.


DLO already booked his on the bench...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Posts: 4790

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
ducasse wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
chuck is really relishing dumping on the lakers


Funny to watch a guy make fun of teams for losing when he could never win.


He did have a parade for finishing second. So there was some winning involved there.


That was some funny (bleep) for the Phoenix Suns in 1993 when they were very close to being the very first #1 seed to being knocked out by the #8 seed courtesy of the Threatt Lakers. I do have tremendous respect for Barkley though. Dude is clutch, doesnt fear the moment at all and comes up huge in big games consistently.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 2232

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:12 am    Post subject:

Byron has to be the worst lakers coach...quickly followed by Luke!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 43 of 44
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB