My guess is LeBron will get a pass
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: My guess is LeBron will get a pass

Game 7, big first half, not much of a second half en route to getting routed to end the season. Kobe got absolutely hammered by the media when he did it. Is there any chance the media will come at LeBron with a bunch of "MJ wouldn't have gone out like that" nonsense? I doubt it.

Just a reminder folks: "a lot" is two words. So is "no one".
Tek9Designs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Not a chance.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Nope... they'll talk about how he just doesn't have enough to work with and his teammates weren't any help.
Van-Exel26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject:

The difference is that Kobe took only 3 shots in the second half. LeBron took almost his normal amount of shots but just couldn't hit anything.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject:

1-11 in the 2nd half with 0 assists.

"Great player loses to great team"

"You can't praise this kid enough"

"4 Pistons guarding Lebron at 1 time because his teammates can't hit"

Witness the hype

Now hang that 1st round Wizards banner Cleveland.
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject:

You'll also hear a lot about how good Detroit's defense is and that it wasn't LeBron's fault, Detroit just guarded him well. You'll also hear a lot of references to the 1990 Bulls-Pistons Game 7 when Jordan cried on the team bus afterwards and they'll say it's just part of LeBron's climb to greatness.

But uh, that Kobe guy is a punk, cause MJ wouldn't have gone out like that :roll:

hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Notice how he just walked into the tunnel at the end of the game??? How are they gonna spin that?? Didn't congratulate the Pistons...didn't even talk to them..just scooted his ass off the floor! :roll:
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Van-Exel26 wrote:
The difference is that Kobe took only 3 shots in the second half. LeBron took almost his normal amount of shots but just couldn't hit anything.

Ten bucks says they won't say he choked either.
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Van-Exel26 wrote:

If Kobe had took several shots and missed most of them like LeBron, he would have been criticized badly.

Last edited by junebug on Sun May 21, 2006 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:

hypocrites every last one of them..."he trusted his teammates", "he didn't force the issue"...and our boy gets "he's selfish"...man the media sucks...and the lebron love will continue, I bet he doesnt get one negative article written about him....watch
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject:

ignardlakerfan wrote:
hypocrites every last one of them..."he trusted his teammates", "he didn't force the issue"...and our boy gets "he's selfish"...man the media sucks...and the lebron love will continue, I bet he doesnt get one negative article written about him....watch

Quite the contrary, they will laud him and his "courage" his "talent at a young age" "His leadership" No way to spin this. Cleveland needed James to step up, he choked.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:

Witness the hype

is that half any better than Kobe's game 7 second half. NO! is being hounded by alot of people an excuse. NO! is this what the savior of the league does in his first game seven. NO!!.
but they will let him off easy. BSPN will say he played well.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:

Witness the hype

is that half any better than Kobe's game 7 second half. NO! is being hounded by alot of people an excuse. NO! is this what the savior of the league does in his first game seven. NO!!.
but they will let him off easy. BSPN will say he played well.

Please don't compare Kobe's 2nd half to James. The Lakers were down 15 at the half. Kobe was instructed to get everyone involved which he did, the lead grew to 20 quickly but Kobe stuck to the plan. James choked!
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject:

When you're the 'chosen1,' people go out of their way to make excuses for you. LeHype can do no wrong.
Coop_21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Notice how he just walked into the tunnel at the end of the game??? How are they gonna spin that?? Didn't congratulate the Pistons...didn't even talk to them..just scooted his ass off the floor!

Exactly!
Kobe does that and he's a bad sport and they even accused him of leading his whole team off the floor.

But ESPN, the media and Barkely wont say crap about Lebron like they are still dragging Kobe through the mud.
Hell...even looking at this game makes you realize what Kobe goes through being tripled team on a nightly basis and having teammates at times not hit their shots. They give Lebron the free pass and still will dwell on Kobe from the 04 Finals going through the same thing.
F them all!
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Coop_21 wrote:
Quote:
Notice how he just walked into the tunnel at the end of the game??? How are they gonna spin that?? Didn't congratulate the Pistons...didn't even talk to them..just scooted his ass off the floor!

Exactly!
Kobe does that and he's a bad sport and they even accused him of leading his whole team off the floor.

But ESPN, the media and Barkely wont say crap about Lebron like they are still dragging Kobe through the mud.
Hell...even looking at this game makes you realize what Kobe goes through being tripled team on a nightly basis and having teammates at times not hit their shots. They give Lebron the free pass and still will dwell on Kobe from the 04 Finals going through the same thing.
F them all!

You mean, LeHype saw a doubleteam?? How could the refs allow that?? He can hardly be the great chosen 1 if he's being harassed by 2 players at once!!
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Coop_21 wrote:
Quote:

Exactly!

F them all!

You mean, LeHype saw a doubleteam?? How could the refs allow that?? He can hardly be the great chosen 1 if he's being harassed by 2 players at once!!

Interestingly enough, James was rarely doubled. When he puts down his shoulder and barrells into the key, the defense collapses, but all night long James was single covered around the perimeter. Cleveland sent a screener looking for a switch, but Detroit never doubled. James sent brick after brick being guarded by 1 defender (a fantastic defender in Prince) By contrast, Kobe was doubled as soon as he touched the ball.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

james hardly choked...his team lost to a better team. lay off the kid.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:

1-11 zero assists in the 2nd half. If that aint a choke, I don't know what is
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:

What's really the most annoying thing about the impending pro-LeBron spin is that in the Laker game, they were pretty much out of it at halftime with Kobe scoring all those points, so him just gunning away in the second half wouldn't have made much sense. Also, Nash was injured so it was the team's plan to try to exploit that by having Kobe distribute, but the Suns jumped out to an early 25 point 3rd quarter lead, and at that point it was really over. In today's game, the Cavs were in it through much of the game, but James couldn't get it going either for himself or for his teammates when they needed him the most. Unlike Kobe, LeBron has an all-star center he could go to, and guys like Larry Hughes and Eric Snow. But LeBron couldn't break the double-teams and couldn't hit his shots so the Pistons blew them out. The Lakers losing Game 7 really wasn't on Kobe, but it's hard to say that the Cavs losing Game 7 is not on LeBron. It was up to him to step up, and he didn't and they lost.

Really, my honest opinion is that the Lakers lost to the Suns because the Suns were the better team, and the Cavs lost to the Pistons because Detroit was the better team. Both the Cavs and the Lakers shocked the Pistons and Suns, respectively, and won three games, but in the end, in a 7 game series, the best team almost always wins. The Pistons could focus their defense on LeBron just like the Suns could focus their defense on Kobe, the rest of their teammates needed to play above their heads for them to upset their opponents, and it just didn't happen.

But since they raked Kobe all over the coals for the Lakers losing, fair is fair, and now it's LeBron's turn. But the media hypocrisy won't allow the Golden Boy to get any bad press. In fairness to the media, they may not have been able to see the game very well with their heads up LeBron's ass, so they may not be able to adequately comment on it.

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
da ocho wrote:

it's called losing to a better team. kobe has had bad halves before. does that make him a choker? taking the pistons to 7 games was an accomplishment for a 21 year old on an average team.
LALAKE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject:

DETROOOOOOIT BASKETBALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

I'm am very tired of having "THE KING" shoved down my throat at the expense of Kobe that I feel like the Lakers just won. That's how good I feel. I will feel the same way when the other golden boy and fat ass lose. Then I will enjoy my summer with a big ass smile on my face....like this...
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
da ocho wrote:

it's called losing to a better team. kobe has had bad halves before. does that make him a choker? taking the pistons to 7 games was an accomplishment for a 21 year old on an average team.

I'm sorry your boy lost. I was pissed when the Lakers lost. Kobe has 3 rings (his first as a "21 year old kid") James played with 2 other all stars (THAT'S 3 ALL STARS AND THE RUNNER UP NBA MVP) Exactly when do the excuses stop?
vakobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Wow. You guys are worse than the people who over the years have ripped Kobe without justification.
Lebron James carried a mediocre-at-best cast to a Game 7 against the best team in the league and he's being bashed? Even the Lakers' supporting cast is better than those bums in Cleveland. Flip Murray? Eric Snow?
James impressed me. If he's not already, he is certainly well on his way to being the undisputed best player in the league. I for one certainly wish he was a Laker.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:

vakobe wrote:
Wow. You guys are worse than the people who over the years have ripped Kobe without justification.
Lebron James carried a mediocre-at-best cast to a Game 7 against the best team in the league and he's being bashed? Even the Lakers' supporting cast is better than those bums in Cleveland. Flip Murray? Eric Snow?
James impressed me. If he's not already, he is certainly well on his way to being the undisputed best player in the league. I for one certainly wish he was a Laker.

Sorry your boy lost. We should be more sensitive.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: